Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Literally is all Greek to me.

Say they offered 2.5 million or over, does that change the tune?

Nope

We should be strong and not sell our best players. Money isn't flowing out, but we aren't skint, so there's no need to sell him

Simples

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

I was responding to another poster nosey parker

:kirklol:

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nope

We should be strong and not sell our best players. Money isn't flowing out, but we aren't skint, so there's no need to sell him

Simples

Actually we are skint. In terms of available cash flow every penny this year and probably a bit beyond is a prisoner earmarked for something. £2.5 million ? We'd sell him for less than half that to get some breathing space cash in IMO

Edited by Escobar PHM

Absolute Scenes

Actually we are skint. In terms of available cash flow every penny is a prisoner earmarked for something. £2.5 million ? We'd sell him for less than half that to get some cash in.

Aye very good

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Every player will have a price. 

Happy players may have their head turned by more cash from elsewhere 

Nothing has really changed tbh. 

Same at every club. 

Anything around that cash for most of our players would see us letting the player decide imo. 

The good thing is, if the player is contracted and happy we can comand top dollar as we don't need to sell anyone. 

Changed days in that regard. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Aye very good

You don't agree  that we would bite someone's hand off for a 7 figure fee for Lafferty ? A player we signed for nothing with a year left on his deal ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Bazzas right boot

You don't agree  that we would bite someone's hand off for a 7 figure fee for Lafferty ?

A happy player, 50 odd caps, talisman and top goal scorer last season. 

As a club we tend to let the player have a say as well, however from a purely Hearts point of view I'd be saying start at £2m or gtf. 

Our finances are fine and will be getting stronger. 

Changed days from punting players to clear debts and keep paying the bills. 

Escobar PHM
8 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Our finances are fine and will be getting stronger. 

Changed days from punting players to clear debts and keep paying the bills. 

So when we're hearing day after day that we cant afford this and we have to cut our cloth, and we have to shop for players in the bargain basement and we're restricted financially and there's a shortfall on the stand payments we have to find from somewhere and we cant afford to finish the stand this year anyway and we cant really compete because of all that, that's all a load of shite ?

You do realise that £1 million is the equivalent of selling nearly 3000 season tickets ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So when we're hearing day after day that we cant afford this and we have to cut our cloth, and we have to shop for players in the bargain basement and we're restricted financially and there's a shortfall on the stand payments we have to find from somewhere and we cant afford to finish the stand this year anyway and we cant really compete because of all that, that's all a load of shite ?

You do realise that £1 million is the equivalent of selling nearly 3000 season tickets ?

Saying we cant afford something doesn't mean we're skint

Can you.afford to buy a yacht? Probably not, but doesn't make you skint. 

Stop messing up threads with constant negative droning

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Cut our cloth, we've just signed 9 players... 

We're trying to bring in, as we speak Naismith and Milnkovic. 

The stand will be paid for. No shortfall, we decided to spend more. 

The stand needs paid, so we are paying that. No where near the situations of old where we need money just to stay open. 

Any player will have their price, this is true for every club. The player will also have a say and if they want to move the club won't go against that. Again, like most clubs. 

Calm down, you sound like the administrators are moving in next week! 

Escobar PHM
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Saying we cant afford something doesn't mean we're skint

Can you.afford to buy a yacht? Probably not, but doesn't make you skint. 

Stop messing up threads with constant negative droning

I'd sell my yacht if someone made me a reasonable offer, then I'd buy a nicer car and maybe extend the house, and the re-wiring job can get done, and my grandchilds uni fees are taken care of. All of which I don't have the money for at this stage.

How on earth is it in any way negative to discuss whether we should sell Lafferty if the offer is acceptable to us because we get a very positive benefit from doing that.

Escobar PHM
11 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We're trying to bring in, as we speak Naismith and Milnkovic. 

Calm down, you sound like the administrators are moving in next week! 

What are the issues preventing us from bringing Naismith and Milinkovic back ? Wouldn't per chance be that we're a bit hesitant as the stated cost is stretching us a bit at this stage would it ?

I'm perfectly calm dear.

Thank feck some of you people have no say in the running of our club and that financial prudence and good practice is at the top of the priority list.

We'll sell Lafferty if we get a 7 figure offer IMO. It would be utter folly and irresponsible not to do so, assuming of course that he wants to go to the club offering the deal.

Edited by Escobar PHM

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

£2.5m  ??? the tune would be the quick step straight to the airport.

30 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

What are the issues preventing us from bringing Naismith and Milinkovic back ? Wouldn't per chance be that we're a bit hesitant as the stated cost is stretching us a bit at this stage would it ?

I'm perfectly calm dear.

Thank feck some of you people have no say in the running of our club and that financial prudence and good practice is at the top of the priority list.

We'll sell Lafferty if we get a 7 figure offer IMO. It would be utter folly and irresponsible not to do so, assuming of course that he wants to go to the club offering the deal.

Not if he wants to stay...He's potentially worth a million in prize money and merchandise etc so either way the club wins. Imo Levein would be livid if we lost him he's the only game changer we have.

33 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm perfectly calm dear.

Give it a rest man.

We're all entitled to our opinion, you think we'd sell him. Others don't.

But the constant negative posts on threads and starting arguments over the tiniest detail is seriously bloody tiresome!

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Give it a rest man.

We're all entitled to our opinion, you think we'd sell him. Others don't.

But the constant negative posts on threads and starting arguments over the tiniest detail is seriously bloody tiresome!

There was nothing negative in what I posted. Put me on ignore if you don't like my opinion or my slant on things. Jesus Christ its not hard, I'll come round and do it for you if it makes you happy.

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not if he wants to stay...He's potentially worth a million in prize money and merchandise etc so either way the club wins. Imo Levein would be livid if we lost him he's the only game changer we have.

But But But, we've signed nearly 10 players, going on 14 apparently,...........and none of them are game changers ?

Mon guys, you cant have it both ways. Either Lafferty is key and we cant afford to lose him because we've not got much else, or we've built a decent squad with plenty of options

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm perfectly calm dear.

Lol

Same reasons we never offered Jack wilshiere from arsenal a pre contract. 

Just because I can't afford a £10k rolex doesn't mean I'm skint. We have budgets and limits.  Doesn't mean we're skint. 

Lafferty might go, he might not. 

Every player has a price. Not news. 

Keeping your best players - irresponsible? Folly? 

You must be at it? 

Absolute Scenes
47 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'd sell my yacht if someone made me a reasonable offer, then I'd buy a nicer car and maybe extend the house, and the re-wiring job can get done, and my grandchilds uni fees are taken care of. All of which I don't have the money for at this stage.

How on earth is it in any way negative to discuss whether we should sell Lafferty if the offer is acceptable to us because we get a very positive benefit from doing that.

We are too quick to jump on board selling players when money is flashed. He, Lafferty,  is potentially (note the stress on potentially, not saying he is) the best striker we have had since Robbo.

We shouldn't even be considering it

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

But But But, we've signed nearly 10 players, going on 14 apparently,...........and none of them are game changers ?

Mon guys, you cant have it both ways. Either Lafferty is key and we cant afford to lose him because we've not got much else, or we've built a decent squad with plenty of options

:wtfvlad:

Try and keep your best players, but agree to sell if a good offer comes in.... 

Hardly a ****ing revelation. 

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Most teams only have one real game changer in their side, top sides maybe two. Lafferty is ours, Skacel before him and Robbo before that. That's how important lafferty is to us. Nothing to do with volume of signings they all contribute in their own way but lafferty can have a moment of brilliance most players can't. 

14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

There was nothing negative in what I posted. Put me on ignore if you don't like my opinion or my slant on things. Jesus Christ its not hard, I'll come round and do it for you if it makes you happy.

Aye nay bother pal.

Next time your in Hong Kong give me a buzz and you can fix all my IT for me ?

13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hardly a ****ing revelation. 

Clearly a shock revelation to the Escobar laddie....should probably go support Barcelona to prevent any further upset!

Escobar PHM
20 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

No argument here. More or less exactly what I said in fact.

I think your barking up the wrong tree on this one matey. Away and badger someone else.

Escobar PHM
13 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Aye nay bother pal.

Next time your in Hong Kong give me a buzz and you can fix all my IT for me ?

Ooooooooo look at you going all Hong Kong and international jet setting.

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

So any news on this vanecek guy ? Every thread just turns into a total bitchfest it's bloody tiresome 

This. Why cant the discussion be about the player at top of thread.

Boring as feck the squabbles about other issues not connected to the player. :cornette_dog:

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. Why cant the discussion be about the player at top of thread.

I think we've decided he's not a person of interest so we got distracted and some of the kids fancied a wee game of bait the Drug Lord.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think we've decided he's not a person of interest so we got distracted and some of the kids fancied a wee game of bait the Drug Lord.

FFS wait until their summer holidays actually do start :cornette:

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

FFS wait until their summer holidays actually do start :cornette:

I'm looking forward to it. It''ll bring the educational level up a notch or two for starters. Some of the guys on here don't know basic maths and couldnt even spell economics.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm looking forward to it. It''ll bring the educational level up a notch or two for starters. Some of the guys on here don't know basic maths and couldnt even spell economics.

:laugh:

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So. Have we binned this guy off now or what?

Another striker doesn't appear to be in Levein's plans as per his latest interview. He wants a holding mid because Adao is out of the equation. He wants another centre half. And he is trying to get Naismith and Milinkovic, with Mitchell maybe coming in later in the summer.. Oh.... and another goalkeeper.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Sex Panther
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere that should help you find an answer to that question.

Wait a minute...

:hartley:

Felix Lighter
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Keep the Yacht and sell the grandchild. Simples.:thumbsup:

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere that should help you find an answer to that question.

Wait a minute...

:hartley:

This thread contains some absolute stupidity on both fronts. 

Does Lafferty have a price? Of course he does, all footballers do. You’d be daft to think other wise. 

Are Hearts so skint that we need to sell him to make ends meet? No, don’t be ****ing stupid. 

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Are Hearts so skint that we need to sell him to make ends meet? No, don’t be ****ing stupid. 

Yes it would be stupid if anyone said that we needed to sell him to make ends meet. Clearly we don't. However there is an undoubted positive mid to long term benefit of selling a player with a year to run and getting over £1 million for him.

Everyone without exception was delighted when we did the same with Sow, albeit he was further down the expiry line.

Escobar PHM
11 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Keep the Yacht and sell the grandchild. Simples.:thumbsup:

Just to be clear. I don't actually have a yacht.

scott herbertson
38 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Nope, there’s a free speech policy so he’s still allowed to post

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Just to be clear. I don't actually have a yacht.

Well then your options are limited.You really need to sell the grandchild.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Nope, there’s a free speech policy so he’s still allowed to post

And of course there's some who have a real issue about free speech.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes it would be stupid if anyone said that we needed to sell him to make ends meet. Clearly we don't. However there is an undoubted positive mid to long term benefit of selling a player with a year to run and getting over £1 million for him.

Everyone without exception was delighted when we did the same with Sow, albeit he was further down the expiry line.

We got £1.73 million for Sow according to this site

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/osman-sow/transfers/spieler/206544

..and he had had a few injuries/ arguably not as good as Lafferty has been. 

i know now what you are sAying re taking the money and reusing it but I think we should at least try to get more than £1 million for him. We are a long way from the transfer deadline so if we refused an offer of £1million then there would be a good chance of raised offers coming in, and if not we are left with a player who makes a big contribution so no loss in my view.

re. vanecek, is it maybe that we are close to agreeing a deal to bring him over in January. as it would be a pre contract it won't be announced until next month?

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ooooooooo look at you going all Hong Kong and international jet setting.

It's called living abroad pal.

Not that big a thing in this day and age surely?

Anyway, crack on with bashing all the other "kids" on the thread

Phil Dunphy
42 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So you think we should sell our leading goal scorer because there’s a year left on his deal?

Thats absolute insanity. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So you think we should sell our leading goal scorer because there’s a year left on his deal?

Thats absolute insanity. 

Don't humour him

He's backed up so badly into a corner he's just spouting any old guff...to cover up the guff he's spouted on every other thread

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't humour him

He's backed up so badly into a corner he's just spouting any old guff...to cover up the guff he's spouted on every other thread

Absolutely baffled by that shite. 

John McGinn has a year left on his contract, I highly doubt Hibs are trying to whore him out either. 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • cosanostra unlocked this topic