• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

The Future's Maroon
32 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

A sell on fee would be nice, but with a reported initial fee of £750k, even a high 25% sell on fee would only be around £185k. A nice bonus, but hardly a game changing amount of money for this season's budget.

Thats a more than half decent players salary for a three year deal though - about £4.5k - £5k a week if you look at it that way?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A proper Warnock signing if ever there was one. Hooooooof!

No chance Boro getting promoted with deals like this.

25 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Gave the big man a playful dig in the ribs as I passed him in the Asda at Slateford and a thumbs up.

It took an eternity for him to compute it was friendly on my part and a thumbs up back.

Had visions of him scattering me into the flowers and cigarette counter.😄

Good luck to him.

:rofl:

Brilliant story! Well played Sir!

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think Stendel made it clear to him, as he did with others, that he was not part of his plans. But I also saw him being quite effective as an impact sub under Stendel. I think his confidence was low (never quite regained pre-injury form which didn’t help, as fans had been calling him a huddy well before Stendel came in) but I remember him being useful and trying. Maybe trying too hard in fact.

I’m just going to bow out if this chat now as I can’t quote specific games when he didn’t try (though I remember it happening) or the game where he went off injured and medical staff ,allegedly, couldn’t find anything wrong with him. He’s an ex-player so not important enough to me to get into a heated debate. I’ll just say I’ve got very mixed feelings about him. 

25 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Gave the big man a playful dig in the ribs as I passed him in the Asda at Slateford and a thumbs up.

It took an eternity for him to compute it was friendly on my part and a thumbs up back.

Had visions of him scattering me into the flowers and cigarette counter.😄

Good luck to him.

He was in that shop several times a week, I saw him once- after a midweek game against Aberdeen- being refused service in the McDonald’s in the shop because they were closing. He started moaning, but I think he realised I, in a hearts top, was staring at him and he walked off. Shame I never got to see him say “Don’t you know who I am?” 😉

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Am I the only one who remembers him going in the huff and not trying under Stendel or is that overlooked now. The rumours, which tied in with his on field attitude, that he was pretending to be injured. Baffling some of the favourable comments but especially yours given the fact you get so pissed off about everything. 

I do hate most things and most people but I dunno I just took to the big fella.  It kinda felt to me like he got what it was like palying for the JTs.

I really liked Olly Lee too.

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Am I the only one who remembers him going in the huff and not trying under Stendel or is that overlooked now. The rumours, which tied in with his on field attitude, that he was pretending to be injured. Baffling some of the favourable comments but especially yours given the fact you get so pissed off about everything. 

Was he not leaking stories to the Sun? I'm like 80% sure he was prime suspect

WoolfordsHearts
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I do hate most things and most people but I dunno I just took to the big fella.  It kinda felt to me like he got what it was like palying for the JTs.

I really liked Olly Lee too.

He reminded me of Jimmy Bone from my early years.

My Grandad always commented on Jimmy"He's soaking in sweat running oot the f****** tunnel "😄

Big Uche definitely got the Hearts.👍

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Was he not leaking stories to the Sun? I'm like 80% sure he was prime suspect

Had forgot about that tbh. Can’t actually remember the logic as to why it may have been him. 

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It shows you something is overrated. Not sure if it’s the player or the league. Could well be both. 

It might also be the case of how much more money is in the game down there.  £1 million is peanuts to them. 

The last 2 teams he’s played for have went down and he’s contributed less than 10 goals in those seasons. 

its more a case of just how ludicrous the english market is if thats what 750k gets you. 

Edited by Chris#9

WoolfordsHearts
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Should've knocked this ****'s head off

2128080683_GettyImages-1146220974(1).thumb.jpg.43d2105f6a68000ec2290bd93811636d.jpg

The big man's actually had a better career than the wee brooony. 

🤣

20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

2128080683_GettyImages-1146220974(1).thumb.jpg.43d2105f6a68000ec2290bd93811636d.jpg

The chances of the wee hardman doing that to him on his own in a closed room with no cameras or eye witnesses are precisely zero.

Edited by i8hibsh

22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Everything in that photo screams racism.

I'm sure it isn't, we'd have heard about it otherwise, but it just goes to show that the camera does, indeed, lie.

WoolfordsHearts
Just now, martoon said:

A million sheets, Cathro to Spurs, these really are strange times.

Flying cars...

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Everything in that photo screams racism.

I'm sure it isn't, we'd have heard about it otherwise, but it just goes to show that the camera does, indeed, lie.

I’d like Shay Logan’s opinion to be the decider on that one. 

30 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Flying cars...

Aye, just heard that. 😄

Don’t know why he didn’t storm the Scottish game. 

think the ref argument is a bit weak. 

Something was amiss.

File under the one that should’ve been. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Firstly good luck to the guy.

Secondly the battering ram that was in the Warnock Cardiff team that won the Championship was a guy called Ken Zohore. 

Three quarters of a million isn’t a huge amount for a Championship striker. I’d expect Uche to start the season as an impact sub.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Chris#9 said:

The last 2 teams he’s played for have went down and he’s contributed less than 10 goals in those seasons. 

its more a case of just how ludicrous the english market is if thats what 750k gets you. 

My thoughts too. 

I liked Uche, but whether he's worth £10 or £10m he wasn't very good or consistent. 

McBurnie's transfer fee of £20m highlights this. 

Barry Bannon is on £27k  a week, the numbers in England are just ****ing nonsense. 

Good luck to Uche, he never stopped trying for us, a limited player imo but he had his moments, his assets were using his strength and size to his advantage making him able to hold off a couple of defenders at once to allow more space for another striker, he is definitely better in a front two rather than a lone striker imo as our start to the 18/19 season would testify, It will be interesting to see how he gets on at boro.

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

This will be the thread where we see everyone demanding a sell on clause 🤔🤔🤔

Aye, because they are really unusual in football these days.🙄

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A very strange player.

Build like a brick shithouse, bags of skill, good close control, a real presence up front and a nightmare for defenders.  However he is quite awful some weeks and unpalyable the next.  His scoring could be a lot better too but he does score crucial goals when it counts.

I really liked him and loved how we had him even for a short while.  However, I wouldn't like him in our team now as we would change our style to suit him and I don't want that.

What bloody style? We have had none for years unless you include bloody awful!

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, because they are really unusual in football these days.🙄

Well considering two things 1. It wasn't a transfer, he was technically unattached, that would be impossible. 

2. Not one person mentioned it when he left 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

“No, it’s the children who are wrong”. Lots of Principal Skinner’s on this forum.

Too many on here have went over the top about how bad they think Ikpeazu is that when news like this comes out they double down out of stubbornness. Maybe if folk weren’t too OTT about his weaknesses then they wouldn’t be like that.

He’s no world beater, that’s clear. But he’s now going to be signed by two Championship sides and for a reason. And they’re not signing him because he’s a bad player.

I’m not saying people should be admitting they’re wrong. Football is about opinions and of course it’s possible for a player to improve upon his performances he had for us since he left. But the doubling down is unnecessary.

He was hampered by the referees in Scotland. 

He has probably worked on his fitness AND perhaps got motivation to show what he could do in England. 

Also sometimes playing styles just suit you better.

As an aside. Wycombe aren't 100% sure if they will be playing in League 1 or the Championship due to Derby's jiggery pockery. 

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He has probably worked on his fitness AND perhaps got motivation to show what he could do in England. 

He wasn’t hampered by referees. He looked at the defender and engaged with them before the ball was even played to him. If he’d actually just moved for the ball, shielded it and brought people in to play he’d have been competent.

Could've been a Kevin Kyle or a Mark De Vries. Instead he tried to bully people first then play the ball. 

Waste of space and the fee says more about how shit English football is than how good Uche is.

Mr Brightside
19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well considering two things 1. It wasn't a transfer, he was technically unattached, that would be impossible. 

2. Not one person mentioned it when he left 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Unattached? Did he have a relegation release clause or did we allow him to go for free on the basis he didn’t want a pay off?

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

Unattached? Did he have a relegation release clause or did we allow him to go for free on the basis he didn’t want a pay off?

I think it was part of the cost cutting due to Covid etc etc. 

Gordon Ramsay

When he's on it he's unplayable, when he's off it he's unwatchable. 

Hope he does well though, good move for him. 

Mr Brightside
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I think it was part of the cost cutting due to Covid etc etc. 

Yeah think the same happened with Clare and Washington. I though it might have been a case we will let you leave for free if you find a team and don’t take a pay off.

Would have been good to get a sell on clause with these deals but £100k - £150k not going to make a massive difference to us.

1 minute ago, Mr Brightside said:

Yeah think the same happened with Clare and Washington. I though it might have been a case we will let you leave for free if you find a team and don’t take a pay off.

Would have been good to get a sell on clause with these deals but £100k - £150k not going to make a massive difference to us.

0% of people thought his next move would be for £1m

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Apart from Kickback’s own idiot savant talent predictor. 

33 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm sure I read at one point he was the most fouled player in the English Championship.

That would suggest he's been given much better protection by referees down there than up here.

1 minute ago, number-16 said:

I'm sure I read at one point he was the most fouled player in the English Championship.

That would suggest he's been given much better protection by referees down there than up here.

Spent most of his time on his erse here for little return from refs. 

Edited by JackLadd

Saint Jambo
35 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

We got undisclosed fees for Clare and Washington. Mentioned in the statements made by Hearts at the time.

There was no mention of a fee in the statement when Ikpeazu left. The statement that he had left Hearts was made on the day he signed for Wycombe (17 August) and he was in the photos of the team pre-season training earlier in the month which doesn't seem to suggest he was technically unattached prior to joining Wycombe. Unless people actually had access to the transfer paperwork or detailed internal discussions, I don't think anyone will be in a position to say if a sell on clause was included.

Mr Brightside
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We got undisclosed fees for Clare and Washington. Mentioned in the statements made by Hearts at the time.

There was no mention of a fee in the statement when Ikpeazu left. The statement that he had left Hearts was made on the day he signed for Wycombe (17 August) and he was in the photos of the team pre-season training earlier in the month which doesn't seem to suggest he was technically unattached prior to joining Wycombe. Unless people actually had access to the transfer paperwork or detailed internal discussions, I don't think anyone will be in a position to say if a sell on clause was included.

Thanks for that couldn’t remember the exact details of the transfers.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Bet he was the most surprised😂

He always struck me as a bit of a selfish player. Not saying he never passed (although he always played with his head down) but everything seemed to be about him, particularly when sharing his goals/assists on his instagram after a defeat.

That said, I loved watching him when he was on his game. Seemed like a different player against Hibs, Rangers and Celtic compared to everyone else.

wattie exploited

a bit of a joke that when players leave hearts they actually get better and move on for money we have let so many players away for jack shit :rifle: 

been here before
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

He was hampered by the referees in Scotland

:rofl:

He really wasnt.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

a bit of a joke that when players leave hearts they actually get better and move on for money we have let so many players away for jack shit :rifle: 

Is Uche better tho or are market forces in Engerlund just stupid. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is Uche better tho or are market forces in Engerlund just stupid. 

he was never a million pound player at hearts for sure :rifle: