Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

44 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Uche swept by Hendry

From where I was sitting in the Wheatfield Tierney bounced of Uche who crossed to Lafferty who swept the ball home. At least I hope that is what happened.😂

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

Still think Uche would've strolled this League had he stayed. Probably seven or eight goals in the bag as well. If the likes of Aberdeen's defenders struggled to work him out, supposedly International defenders (questionable) then Championship defenders would've had nightmares against him. We have been left lightweight in terms of numbers upfront. When McLean, Keena, Washington & Uche left we limited our options. McLean in fairness needed to go anyway, Keena could've been an interesting one if he'd been given game-time in the Championship, shame Washington never hung around but when Uche left as well i would've thought a striker would've been a priority. Ginelly, fair enough but did we really need to sign two left-wingers in Frear and Roberts? One would've been enough to compete with the likes of Moore & White (to a lesser extent) and a striker brought in instead. Be interesting to see who Neilson has his eye on, a "target man" or just an out-and-out striker to bang the ball into the net.

You'd think Uche was the worst striker we've ever had judging by some on here. Not even in the top 3 worst strikers of the past decade. :lol: 

16 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Dinnae, you'll make me angry. Was infuriating watching him decline the opportunity of a simple pass just so he could get in a pointless physical battle and either give away the ball or a free kick.

Agreed. Pissed me right off with those antics but then I cant be arsed with players falling over every 5 minutes. You dont win football matches on your arse!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Let's just call it out here, he was poorly coached through his Hearts career. He had potential but like so many others he regressed as time went on. He was always marked by two defenders because he was the go to option every time our back line had the ball. Opponents needed to mark him then pick up the second ball and that was them back in possession, it took about 6 games for the league to work that out and as the injuries mounted up we as less and less players clever enough to get close to him, all very pedestrian and predictable.

Ronaldo and Messi would regress under MacPhee, Daly and Fox. Having a kick about wondering where the other high earners were.

That was definitely our amateur hour.

pettigrewsstylist

The guy, unfortunately, became a liability and embarrasment. JW seems determined to take a similiar road.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

In Wycombe’s starting line-up tonight against Spurs!

Let’s see how he gets on against a couple of big fit centre half’s. 

I wonder if he'll be given free kicks in England for being dragged to the ground, or if they'll decide he's too tall to be fouled aswell.

Edited by Bunny Munro

If the game is on telly, he might actually do OK.

Shite player. We got what we deserved, giving a contract extension after 4 goals in his first 20 games. Ridiculous.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I wonder if he'll be given free kicks in England for being dragged to the ground, or if they'll decide he's too tall to be fouled aswell.

Half the time he just fell over tbf

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

He’s not going to look as big next to Toby and Davinson Sanchez. 

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Half the time he just fell over tbf

I think once he clocked the refs were giving him sfa he made more of a meal out of fouls to try and catch their attention, but maybe its me.

been here before
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Falling over market:

Under five - 12/5

Over five - 1/3

The referees up here were all against him mind. Booked him just for falling over wearing a maroon jersey.

Incidently I'll have 20 sheets on over five.

:munny:

Edited by been here before

Second touch a tackle, he was absolutely murder.

That penalty he took in the cup replay vs Patrick (i think) is probably the worst effort I’ve witnessed from the spot with my own eyes. 

I always thought he gave 100% to his credit but that first touch of his!!!

alwaysthereinspirit

I liked him. Tried his best and never quit.

Refs cheated him 75% of the time.

Never got a fair shake from $#!t officials.

Uche just turned the full back inside out.

Go on man.

Brighton Jambo

What annoys me is our fans are always complaining that players don’t put the effort in and Uche absolutely knocked his pan in every time he played, I can’t think of many others in recent years who left so much on the pitch.

He also scored some big goals for us, obviously the two against Hibs but the also the equaliser in the Quarter final and the opener in the semi final played a huge part in getting us to a cup final. 

There’s a lot of recent players who get much less stick but who have contributed nothing meaningful at all.  

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Wycombe’s manager is some boy. 
But anyway COYS. 

The Cold Blooded Hearts is supposedly his bands name.

Gotta like him now.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What annoys me is our fans are always complaining that players don’t put the effort in and Uche absolutely knocked his pan in every time he played, I can’t think of many others in recent years who left so much on the pitch.

He also scored some big goals for us, obviously the two against Hibs but the also the equaliser in the Quarter final and the opener in the semi final played a huge part in getting us to a cup final. 

There’s a lot of recent players who get much less stick but who have contributed nothing meaningful at all.  

Loved the big guy. A proper get fans on their feet player, even if for the wrong reasons sometimes. Football's more boring without guys like him bouncing big defenders like McKenna around and showing the odd flash of skill when you least expect it. Would have torn up the Championship but we got a fee for him and he probably had a get out clause.

Goal Wycombe. :laugh:

Uche got brought down, gets the assist from his cross.   Or not, looks like a Tottenham player clipped the ball with his heel.    Still pulls the shirt.  😇 

Edited by HMFC01

10 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yip, at least he always gave his all. 

More than can be said of some present team members. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Wycombe 1-0 Tottenham

8a96f4d5-3a6f-4904-90b3-9a61fc8ae62e.jpg

Clinton Morrison

Former Crystal Palace striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

Fred Onyedinma is a good player! But it's all about Uche Ikpeazu, he does ever so well. He puts a good ball into the box and that's what you want, your other striker running in to put it away. Great for Wycombe!

Well done big Uche. 

just didn’t work out for a very likeable lad. Refs were a disgrace with him but overall touch and mobility not quite good enough for me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Did the same thing there that he was penalised god knows how many times when he wore Maroon.

This is exactly why he couldn't get going with us after a great start. Refs gave him absolutely nothing, like it was a crime to be a big bruiser of a player. Dicks. He's not even big or physical by English football standards.

16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This. Good honest hard working laddie, just like what everyone wants. Except not everyone wanted for some reason.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Commentator just saying Spurs defence are struggling to deal with Uche 😅

Sentences you never expect to read 🤣 Although we did see him do it against Celtic and Mr Superstar himself Scott McKenna so shouldn't be too surprised.

12 minutes ago, andythejambo said:

Just set up Wycombe's goal!!👀

12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Just ragdolled Alderweireld and set up a goal 😂💪