• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

Randy Marsh

Levein really needs to stop tinkering with the team.  I thought Morrison was our best player up at Cove but he was dropped today.  And the lad signed from Cambridge looked good when he came on but wasn't even on the bench.  Unless he was injured I don't understand that one.  Levein had half a dozen or so friendlies to work out the best starting 11 for these LC matches but we already look like a disjointed mess. Playing 3 at the back needs binned now!  Happy to give Levein the first round of league fixtures but I'm starting to run out of patience.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If we finish on less points than ICT, Ann has a big decision to make. Shouldn’t be happening. 

I can't excuse that. 

If we are knocked out the lc due to an admin error ( as in we would have qualified with the 3 points won) and you want CL fired you are a fud and are just after CL not matter what. 

Fair point, that is to say,, a fair distinction to make WCH

10 minutes ago, old school tie said:

In Levein's world, Its never Levein's fault.:cornette_dog:

He’s signed more players than the banned JKB user ‘Winston Churchill’ has had user names.

Just.

?

Edited by El Diez

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Levein really needs to stop tinkering with the team.  I thought Morrison was our best player up at Cove but he was dropped today.  And the lad signed from Cambridge looked good when he came on but wasn't even on the bench.  Unless he was injured I don't understand that one.  Levein had half a dozen or so friendlies to work out the best starting 11 for these LC matches but we already look like a disjointed mess. Playing 3 at the back needs binned now!  Happy to give Levein the first round of league fixtures but I'm starting to run out of patience.

Uche is injured , Morrison was very good on wednesday. I wonder if sometimes he over protects the players. Morrison looked full of running when he came on.

Fly the Saltire

Was pretty much underwhelmed by the new signings and it looks like a repeat of last season's lack of pace and desire. Need to sign the Czech striker proto to give us some options up front.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If we finish on less points than ICT, Ann has a big decision to make. Shouldn’t be happening. 

I can't excuse that. 

If we are knocked out the lc due to an admin error ( as in we would have qualified with the 3 points won) and you want CL fired you are a fud and are just after CL not matter what. 

I would agree with most of that but if we don’t qualify having it in our own hands as acknowledged by the man himself today and ballsing it up against a shite league 1 side beat off Cowdenbeath last week then he must make a good start to the season as his coat should be on a wobbly thread. 

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Keep backing the serial loser

:clyay: guys and gals. He deserves it lolololol. 

Brought in another teams worth of utter shite. Going to be another great season with that usesles trumpet in charge. 

Managed 3 goals against Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers. Deary ****ing dear. Hibs and Aberdeen never mind the other pair again way way better sides again. But we persevere with a guy so far past his best in all ways it’s not even funny. 

Ok, bye.

The fact you return all triumphant at this point says all we need to know about you. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

I would agree with most of that but if we don’t qualify having it in our own hands as acknowledged by the man himself today and ballsing it up against a shite league 1 side beat off Cowdenbeath last week then he must make a good start to the season as his coat should be on a wobbly thread. 

Aye, but, a big if we end up on 11, but actually 8 then although a ****ing joke on all fronts, CL imo can't be sacked. 

If we drop points v ICT or Cowden and wouldn't have been top with the points of cove, then **** me. 

Ann has a decision, but God knows what would be best, sacking CL after all the players he's brought in is a big mess to sort out.

Doesn’t bare thinking about, we'd be in a worse place than this time last year ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The fact you return all triumphant at this point says all we need to know about you. 

Yip. 

100% 

crichiejambos
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm off to a BBQ while the sun is still shining. Taking a nice bit of fish and steak ?

What kinda o fish? I had hot smoked salmon done on the BBQ last week lush aswell as the barby taste you don't stink out the kitchen for the next two days and  to burn a Yankee candle!:greggy:

1 minute ago, crichiejambos said:

What kinda o fish? I had hot smoked salmon done on the BBQ last week lush aswell as the barby taste you don't stink out the kitchen for the next two days and  to burn a Yankee candle!:greggy:

Sounds awesome

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Wanting hibs to win a derby said everything that needed to be said

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

And people are still biting. Just leave him. This time last year he told us unequivocally we'd be relegated. Then never make the top 6....change it to Europe when that was plainly obvious and claimed to be the font of all knowledge. Enzo can cheerlead for him this season as last year's seem to have disappeared.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

And people are still biting. Just leave him. This time last year he told us unequivocally we'd be relegated. Then never make the top 6....change it to Europe when that was plainly obvious and claimed to be the font of all knowledge. Enzo can cheerlead for him this season as last year's seem to have disappeared.

Excellent advice Rudy. 

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Uche is injured , Morrison was very good on wednesday. I wonder if sometimes he over protects the players. Morrison looked full of running when he came on.

Baffling with Uche injured we felt the need to play McLean against a highland league side instead of better opposition today, would have also meant him not travelling up way up North of Aberdeen. 

7 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, but, a big if we end up on 11, but actually 8 then although a ****ing joke on all fronts, CL imo can't be sacked. 

If we drop points v ICT or Cowden and wouldn't have been top with the points of cove, then **** me. 

Ann has a decision, but God knows what would be best, sacking CL after all the players he's brought in is a big mess to sort out.

Doesn’t bare thinking about, we'd be in a worse place than this time last year ?

Yeah im agreeing he shouldn’t be sacked if we end up on 8 because of the error but the league campaign is a must for a fast start if it happens as he will be under some big pressure from a lot of the fans (if not the board) 

I think we will beat both Cowden and ICT, Robbo coming back is another interesting twist too. 

Last part, you’re completely correct too, that’s why it’s not worth contemplating just now :) 

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Baffling with Uche injured we felt the need to play McLean against a highland league side instead of better opposition today, would have also meant him not travelling up way up North of Aberdeen. 

Not sure what you mean here.

Uche played wed as did McLean , im going by Bt Sport who said he was injured. 

14 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Was pretty much underwhelmed by the new signings and it looks like a repeat of last season's lack of pace and desire. Need to sign the Czech striker proto to give us some options up front.

I wonder based on today if the board will back Levein with the money for one last punt because something is required. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Not sure what you mean here.

Uche played wed as did McLean , im going by Bt Sport who said he was injured. 

I would have kept McLean for today instead of during the week against lesser opposition is all if he could only play once this week.  BT sport I’m sure or maybe bbc said he was left out because he played on plastic last week? Sure it was actually during the game. 

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

I would have kept McLean for today instead of during the week against lesser opposition is all if he could only play once this week.  BT sport I’m sure or maybe bbc said he was left out because he played on plastic last week? Sure it was actually during the game. 

Yeah McLean , CL said was left out as hes 35 and played on Wednesday night so wanted to rest him. Thing is we should have enough to win without him. 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Facts?

You said we have 6 from 6. That's wrong. 

Just now, Homme said:

If we had kept McLean for today we’d have drawn against Cove.

You can’t say that. He played off Laff which is where Naismith should of been/was playing today. He would of been a good option off the bench though. Keena did ok when he came on

Harry Potter
24 minutes ago, El Diez said:

He’s signed more players than the banned JKB user ‘Winston Churchill’ has had user names.

Just.

?

:notsure:

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yeah McLean , CL said was left out as hes 35 and played on Wednesday night so wanted to rest him. Thing is we should have enough to win without him. 

Thats what I meant, why play him weds then rest him? Why not the other way about against better opposition.  I agree we should have but it left us short of options.  We had enough to see off cove without McLean going up there too. 

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

If we had kept McLean for today we’d have drawn against Cove.

No chance. 

Just now, Harry Potter said:

We will never know.

I’ll stick to my educated guess then :) 

Another poor squad rebuild. The last successful rebuild was when we got relegated. Since then we’ve gone for a succession of total punts, few of which have worked out well.

Saying that, getting Djoum back will have a massive impact on the team.

old school tie

If, it doesn't work out again, just bring another 15 random no-marks in when the January window opens.

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Thats what I meant, why play him weds then rest him? Why not the other way about against better opposition.  I agree we should have but it left us short of options.  We had enough to see off cove without McLean going up there too. 

Because we knew Naismith was back today it may be as simple as that. 

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formations will suit our players. Playing a 3-5-2 with the likes of Smith and Mulraney as WB's is destined to fail IMO.

Jambof3tornado

Saving mcLean for today really isnt an argument. Both games should have been won comfortably with the squad we have.

1 minute ago, old school tie said:

If, it doesn't work out again, just bring another 15 random no-marks in when the January window opens.

Go say something positive about the club or CL or the players just once for me on this forum. Your posts make me sad.

what would you like us to do? We had to get depth and competition that we haven’t had. Now we have a solid base of players we can build from there.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Saving mcLean for today really isnt an argument. Both games should have been won comfortably with the squad we have.

?? Spot on

Maroon Sailor

Two mistakes we've found about this week.

Fielding an ineligible player

Ref fecking up ruling out the winner today.

Still Levein's fault though eh ?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formations will suit our players. Playing a 3-5-2 with the likes of Smith and Mulraney as WB's is destined to fail IMO.

Keep saying that wingback is one of the hardest position to play and find players to slot in. Players are either too attack minded or too defensive. Very difficult to get the right men in their.

sidjamesbottle
Just now, sadj said:

Go say something positive about the club or CL or the players just once for me on this forum. Your posts make me sad.

what would you like us to do? We had to get depth and competition that we haven’t had. Now we have a solid base of players we can build from there.

would normally agree with you but you just cant defend today's performance we are all talk and no action

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Winning today would have glossed over a poor performance. Formation was wrong and we created little. Levein shoulders some of the blame yes.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Because we knew Naismith was back today it may be as simple as that. 

Fair point, although Levein has said he considers Naismith a midfielder now. 

crichiejambos
26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sounds awesome

It was afa tastey for a loon! Plum sause dip and a  chilled bottle of Chardonnay....

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Levein fault for today incorrect tatics unable to change the tatics to influence the game in our favour.

Also incorrect starting team for example Mulraney at LB when he had Garuchio(so) 

Also poor subs 

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It shouldn’t be left down to the ref in the last minute ruling out a goal against inferior, a lot inferior opposition though.  I wouldn’t completely blame Levein though as he actually changed things for the best.  Blame goes to some of the players also. 

14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We did have a pish result and **** up registeration though. So will people will react to that.

if we hammered cove 10-0 and raith 5-0  everyone would be pretty positive. But we haven’t. 

I’m petectly chilled and hope to enjoy the season. However, if our form is similar to the ***** cup it will be awful season.

Not the first or last time I will experienced that. However, it ain’t what I want. 

I dont deal in could of, should of. I base opinion on what happens. 

If we we get knocked out it ain’t acceptable and ain’t down to ineligible player.

No executes this season.

Hopefully Queen Ann doesn’t execute anyone over a football match 

Edited by James1874f

6 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

would normally agree with you but you just cant defend today's performance we are all talk and no action

Oh theres no defending todays performance i said earlier it was night and day to wednesday for some reason. I went into today confident on the back of what I saw on Wednesday. We did not perform until the 70th minute today and had we of played as we did the last 15/20 then wed of won at a canter. Levein said himself if Berras goal had counted then it would of only papered over the cracks. 

However in terms of that poster i have never seen anything positive and it makes me sad.?

What is Levein thinking about playing Mulraney at left wing back,why did he sign Garuccio.Very disappointed in Olly lee totally anonymous,expecting a lot more.Going on this performance ,Scouting system is still rank rotten!

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You said we have 6 from 6. That's wrong. 

I said the following, "Exactly! So why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here? We have six points out of six? Or am I missing something?".

As evidenced above, I questioned my understanding of the League Cup rules, the clue being rather nuanced with a question mark after each of three sentences. I was clearly asking for clarification of my understanding of those rules. Sadly, in true JKB fashion, you have ...............on second thoughts I'll leave it there.        ?

Oh.... BTW, the BBC table showed us having four points after the penalties, which only added to my confusion.

• davemclaren locked this topic