*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

Harry Potter
Just now, rick witter said:

Oft you sound like a greeting wee kid mate blaming the ref because we couldn’t beat a league one team. We didn’t deserve to win the game. 

Ref deffo got that wrong, no surprise in scotland though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

CloustonHMFC

Think a draw today could stop the result against Cove being overturned. Imagine the uproar from Raith if Cove are gifted 3 points...could end up in a replay tbh. 

Very poor Hearts performance. Not sure why we played with three at the back against Raith Rovers. Having said that we should have won the game and the ref has robbed us of the three points.

Serious questions should be asked as to why we waited until 10 minutes to go to show any real urgency. 

If you assume we have a chance of winning two trophies a season that's half the season over in 3 days not good enough and the real season hasn't started yet.  

Another season fighting for a top six place awaits.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Oft you sound like a greeting wee kid mate blaming the ref because we couldn’t beat a league one team. We didn’t deserve to win the game. 

Maybe we didn’t deserve to win the game but regardless of our performance we SHOULD have won if it wasn’t for the ref. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Prof said:

This is what we have come to. Celebrating a penalties win over the mighty Raith after completely effing up against Cove. The apologists can spin what they want BUT  We are now back in the 70's. 

:rofl:

Dallas Green
Just now, Prof said:

This is what we have come to. Celebrating a penalties win over the mighty Raith after completely effing up against Cove. The apologists can spin what they want BUT  We are now back in the 70's. 

Back in the 70's

????

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Win our 2 home games comfortably and hope for just a fine and this will be forgotten about.

looking forward to Tuesday now 

If a fine then that would be enough to be seeded.  If not then out.  

Keep backing the serial loser

:clyay: guys and gals. He deserves it lolololol. 

Brought in another teams worth of utter shite. Going to be another great season with that usesles trumpet in charge. 

Managed 3 goals against Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers. Deary ****ing dear. Hibs and Aberdeen never mind the other pair again way way better sides again. But we persevere with a guy so far past his best in all ways it’s not even funny. 

Ok, bye.

Just now, Prof said:

I wish we were back in the 70's.....i'd have a full head of hair !

Not very encouraging from the new signings but early days. Have a feeling our away form will continue to be atrocious 

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Change the record mate this result had nothing to do with the ref

I wonder what planet you come from

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Worries me that we’ve signed a tonne of players, yet Morrison and McDonald were the game changers.

Takes time to gel. To be honest tho when they came on we played like we did the first 60 mins at Cove , thats concerning as you say to rely on them coming on to inject urgency and pace.

rudi must stay

When you get nothing all match then it affects you. Every 50/50 they got, it meant there was no flow to the game. Poor refs always favour the weaker time. You saw when he let play flow at the end there we dominated. Good subs too that made a difference

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

They have to beat us so still in our own hands. This thread is so negative its creepy at times. Please can someone post the definition of a supporter for certain  posters to maybe check if this applies to them. 

Supporter = someone who expects better than scraping a win vs a non-league side and failing to win against a third tier side in one of the two competitions which we have even a remote chance of winning.

Loser = someone who makes excuses and is not totally pissed off.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

They have to beat us so still in our own hands. This thread is so negative its creepy at times. Please can someone post the definition of a supporter for certain  posters to maybe check if this applies to them. 

No they don’t have to beat us. They will win the group if they win in midweek

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Good enough for what?

To beat teams like raith rovers and compete at spfl level. 

They are shackled by our tactics as those who played last year were and those the season before that.

This week has cost me a fortune and days off work.

All for nothing.

Cheers Hearts. Dreadful performance.

I don’t disagree we should be winning these games, but if football was that predictable, how boring would it be?  There would never, ever be upsets, like that 4-0 win over Smeltic last season (and I fully appreciate at least we are in the same league as them). 

I wasn’t at the game today - chances wise, how were we? Wasteful again or not creative enough? Sounds like Berra actually won it before the ref bizarrely disallowed the goal despite the fact the Raith defender fouled his own keeper! 

Gilberts Fridge

Only saw the second half. Pitch was an absolute shocker. Ball just didn't run true. Big clouds of black every time it bounced. 

Ref was appealing not just the penalty but other 'fouls' on their keeper as well. 

Nothing wrong with Berra's goal. 

Not the best performance by us but last 15min we came good. 

Bt comentaters were desperate for us to loose. 

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Emm aye. Aye it did

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Maybe we didn’t deserve to win the game but regardless of our performance we SHOULD have won if it wasn’t for the ref. 

And that’s good enough?  We needed to turn up and turn them over good and proper instead it was slow sloppy and shite until we scored a wonder goal and they moved back completely into their own half. 

maroonlegions

Pile of rancid Hibs shite.

We did deserve the win, even the TV boys agreed we should have. 

Berra at the end said the ref THOUGHT it was one of our players that obstructed the keeper, THOUGHT  is not good enough, goal should have stood. FTH.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We’ve got it in us. The final push was impressive, we need to play like that from the off. The players are good enough.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We’ve got it in us. The final push was impressive, we need to play like that from the off. The players are good enough.

You wonder if they go out stifled by instructions and only loosen up when it looks completely lost.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Only one sounding like a wee bairn here is you. Pished and shat your nappy then had a tantrum. Must be time for your nap ??

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Literally no one is celebrating. 

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Terrible terrible display. First half was totally unacceptable, and it must change very soon, or the management must go.

:cornette:

FTH>

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

No they don’t have to beat us. They will win the group if they win in midweek

Hows that? We can still make 11 points if it’s a fine on Monday! 

1 minute ago, Jambokirky said:

Ok not the best performance but to have a goal disallowed like that is hard to take. 

yep denied us all points and denied me £70 twat of a ref

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Who's celebrating?

The Old Tolbooth

I think we know that we can expect more of the same away from home next season now, absolute garbage! 

Tynecastle Valhalla
5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Get a grip man 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

And that’s good enough?  We needed to turn up and turn them over good and proper instead it was slow sloppy and shite until we scored a wonder goal and they moved back completely into their own half. 

Did I say at any point it was good enough? I’ve clearly said our performance was horrendous and we didn’t deserve to win but we should have won.

If I knew how to spell atrocious that's what I'd say this was.

C'mon Rory and Tommy.  Cheer me up.

5 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Think a draw today could stop the result against Cove being overturned. Imagine the uproar from Raith if Cove are gifted 3 points...could end up in a replay tbh. 

Today’s result shouldn’t really impact the punishment.  

It might do, but it shouldn’t. 

Kirky Jambo

I’d like to think the fact we were cheated today may have an impact on Monday’s verdict. Although I know it won’t.

Terrible performance today. Huge pressure now for the last 2 games

NaturalOrder74

Really unhappy about berras goal, second half looked promising though much rather get two points but gutted about sfa 

BT pundits talking like we have already been docked 3 points. I think we will likely get a fine and slap on wrist. 

11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Worries me that we’ve signed a tonne of players, yet Morrison and McDonald were the game changers.

This. Hopefully we see more from the new guys the more they play.

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Only one sounding like a wee bairn here is you. Pished and shat your nappy then had a tantrum. Must be time for your nap ??

Think quite a few posters are needing their naps after reading this thread.

Still, can definitely tell the footballs back. 

If we do lose the Cove points, we need to win our last 2 and hope Raith beat Inverness either in 90 minutes or on penalties. Raith can't catch us if we win our last 2 but we can't catch Inverness if they beat Raith. If Inverness win on penalties, it comes down to goal difference which currently sees Inverness 8 goals better off if Cove are awarded a 3-0 win.

heartsfc_fan
Just now, flem said:

BT pundits talking like we have already been docked 3 points. I think we will likely get a fine and slap on wrist. 

Yep.

We can still win the group with 11 points if no deduction.

Inverness and Cowdenbeath are on 6 points 

Cowdenbeath last game is at Hearts. On same night Inverness at home to Raith who are on 1 point after 2 games. 

8 points (if we lose Cove points) could be enough if Raith take something at Inverness. 

• davemclaren locked this topic