*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Yeah I agree.  Hopefully it comes because we need to actually play as a team this season and hit the ground running in the league if we are to be put out this competition next week. 

People wanted width and pace Mulraney and Morrison have given us a glimpse of that. Playing the wide guys right on the line should open up space to be creative in midfield aswell. Didnt happen today and as I said it was all disjointed. The interplay we saw against cove that carved them open time and again wasnt there. Same as we did against Forfar. Hopefully they can start linking up as they should and we can hit the ground running.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So if we do lose the 3 points, are we still likely to qualify with 2 wins? 

Very doubtful imo.

Also, we'd really need to hammer Cowdenbeath to get our goal difference back up.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Woman, i wont have that, shes the queen.

I'll give you that HP...Queen Ann

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Go Frank, bury your head in the sand and blame the posters rather than the man who is responsible for our mediocrity and the woman who allows him to continue. 

It’s possible to be disappointed in the result and performance without losing all perspective and kicking lumps out of the family pets. Just sayin.

Jesus christ, was away at the pub and just came back to this shit show, I was very disappointed at todays result but as expected as soon as there is a negative result the usual suspects are up in arms with their usual shit. Here we ****ing go again.

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Good on you for going on Wednesday night mate but you keep saying should have done this or that. When are we actually going to do it?? Cove are a highland league team and we only scored twice. Raith are league 1 and it was a must win today and we failed again. It’s way too negative. Even on Wednesday we took both goalscorers off. This is Leveins team there can be no more excuses this year. 

Not going to disagree about that. We should of and we did are two different things. Iv seem Hearts teams like this when we then click and destroy someone. The best thing to take from what i have said is that last season we never looked like we had the potential to click and give someone a doing. We have a bit of width and pace now but we need to use it. Kids should come on to inject enthusiasm and energy that is not acceptable. 

Today the only positive was we went a goal down and managed to draw and press for a win rather than meekly succumbing to defeat and that again is not acceptable. 

I just dont think yet is when to get all slavery about it.  

2 minutes ago, JME said:

Jesus christ, was away at the pub and just came back to this shit show, I was very disappointed at todays result but as expected as soon as there is a negative result the usual suspects are up in arms with their usual shit. Here we ****ing go again.

Feeling the same way. It's a crap result, and I'd like everything to slot neatly into place as much as anyone, but maybe we need a wee bit of perspective. It's an early season game with a new team, playing away against a stuffy lower league side who will have been well up for it. There's plenty to be concerned about, but this one result doesn't make all of the new players crap and doesn't guarantee a mediocre season.

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

It’s possible to be disappointed in the result and performance without losing all perspective and kicking lumps out of the family pets. Just sayin.

Yes fair point. But posters predicting 4 and 5-0 on the back of beating lower league teams were equally losing all perspective. 

We never got the early goal then alarmingly we continued with the same tatics. We then moved haring into midfield when he should have been off for Edwards. Also Burns, Keena and Morrison played okay the are youngsters and the whole point in signing all of these players was so we did not have to rely on them all the time.

Garruchio and Edwards both never came on so what is the point in having them signed. 

Another failure at at the must win junction for CL. 

My my patience is wearing thin with CL and experiments.

46 minutes ago, Barack said:

Welcome to JKB.

Screenshot_20180721-175809_Google.jpg

Cheers man. Long time listener as they say but this place can be a zoo so it did take a few pints and a genuine feeling that we'd Been wronged to motivate me to post 

2 minutes ago, maverick51 said:

Cheers man. Long time listener as they say but this place can IS a zoo so it did take a few pints and a genuine feeling that we'd Been wronged to motivate me to post 

Sorted that for ya.

Welcome though. 

All the panic is needless, 5 points out of 6, we will easily top the group and likely take a seeding. 

Just now, ExPatTam said:

All the panic is needless, 5 points out of 6, we will easily top the group and likely take a seeding. 

What about if we lose 3 points after Monday’s hearing?

Just now, ExPatTam said:

All depends on Mondays hearing if were deducted points we need Caley to lose to raith and win our last two games. 

9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

It would appear that signing a whole new squad every season is a bad idea. 

Don't worry. Levein will get in another squad next window :vrface:

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Should have been gone months ago mate but clearly wasn’t going to happen given his close relationship with Budge. Was given the summer and has brought in a shed load of players (most of whom have very little pedigree). The naysayers on here promised a 4 win group stage in the LC and agreed that it was imperative to get off to a fast start. We’ve just drawn with an abysmal Raith side, 2 leagues below us and the excuses are starting yet again. It’s just a complete shitshow. Embarrassing. Never mind the latest off field fiasco this week. The people at our club don’t give a **** about football success, the support or the vasts amount of money we have all spent. It’s a complete disgrace that they treat their customers (used to be called fans) like they do but most don’t seem to even care! 

Anyhoo personally I have no desire to reiterate being right about Levein over and over, just popped in today as I paid to watch the game on HeartsTV. Was hoping to see that we were in for a good season mostly so family and friends didn’t have to sit through the atrocious performances of last season! But sad to say we look like a mid table SPL side again, devoid of quality, ability and creativity. All the signings and our best player was a kid brought on for the last 20 minutes. Says it all.

That's pretty much where i'm at. I certainly wouldn't expect a much higher finish than last season.  He is trying to shoe-horn average players into a system that failed last season. I would struggle to think of any other club in the SPL that would want Levein as their manager yet we seem to be burdened with him and his succession plan because our owner has entrusted the football dept to him. However, results will determine his future snd i hope Ann has the balls to get rid of him when required.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's pretty much where i'm at. I certainly wouldn't expect a much higher finish than last season.  He is trying to shoe-horn average players into a system that failed last season. I would struggle to think of any other club in the SPL that would want Levein as their manager yet we seem to be burdened with him and his succession plan because our owner has entrusted the football dept to him. However, results will determine his future snd i hope Ann has the balls to get rid of him when required.

Why are you talking to yourself?

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Don't worry. Levein will get in another squad next window :vrface:

Yea true, he still needs time to sign another 20 players, still suffering from cathro etc etc 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, VladMagic said:

Why are you talking to yourself?

Replying to Hendricks.  Why are you defending the indefensible?

Gave CL a chance to steady the ship which he did do to a certain extent.

This season it's on him and it's not been the best of starts. He will be gone by Christmas and we need someone who is attack minded. 

Just now, Longshanks said:

Yea true, he still needs time to sign another 20 players, still suffering from cathro etc etc 

This is a nonsense post.

Pretty much unequivocally the board has been in agreement regarding this season being make or break for CL.

Chuck Berry
42 minutes ago, Squirt said:

If another manager was to come in they would have the same scouting network and the same budget at their disposal.

Hearts cannot attract nor afford big name signings and that has nothing to do with Levein.

Same budget aye, same scouting network, probably not.

Quality over quantity was all that we needed, we needed to add maybe 4 or 5 decent signings, we have added 13.  Frigging 13.

Ali Crawford should have been one of them, Stevie Mallan another but no, we take a punt on garbage that cant get a game for ICT, a cast off Partick player, a couple of Aussie nobodies, recruit from Luton and Cambridge and another loan deal for a finished Naismith.  This is not going to end well.

24 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Feeling the same way. It's a crap result, and I'd like everything to slot neatly into place as much as anyone, but maybe we need a wee bit of perspective. It's an early season game with a new team, playing away against a stuffy lower league side who will have been well up for it. There's plenty to be concerned about, but this one result doesn't make all of the new players crap and doesn't guarantee a mediocre season.

I'm very much an optimistic person when it comes to football, I think this team will kick on with a good season and hopefully exceeds expectations but I find it utterly reprehensible to write off an entire squad from a poor away performance on a poor surface (not that i'm in anyway blaming the surface). This is only our 2nd competitive game and I highly doubt we're even set on a first 11 yet with still players to come back from injury and such. I've seen enough positives from this pre-season to think we will do just fine if not more this season. It just irritates me coming on here to chat about how we can move forward to see the same old stuff from last season brought up from one poor performance. It will need time.

I'm away back to the pub.  :clyay:

Edited by JME

Cruyff Turn

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6812

Fair comments from Levein, clearly furious, could see it in his face at the end that he was on the war path. 

Reading between the lines, he gave them both barrels at full time, calls out senior players for not trying hard enough and seems to say that they didn't follow tactical instruction either. 

So, we need to score shitloads of goals in our next two games.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair comments from Levein, clearly furious, could see it in his face at the end that he was on the war path. 

Reading between the lines, he gave them both barrels at full time, calls out senior players for not trying hard enough and seems to say that they didn't follow tactical instruction either. 

What does that say about his ability to motivate players and follow his instructions?

37 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So if we do lose the 3 points, are we still likely to qualify with 2 wins? 

Last year 8 points wasn’t enough to be one of the best second places.

If we lose the three points, then I reckon we need Raith to get a result against ICT so that if we beat ICT we will top the group.

That’s assuming we beat Cowdenbeath..............

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

This is a nonsense post.

Pretty much unequivocally the board has been in agreement regarding this season being make or break for CL.

Do we not need to give his current squad time to settle? Surely this is another transition season and we should judge him next season? 

Cathro signed lafferty and berra last season and that was the excuses being made for levein so what's different this year? 

On 19/05/2018 at 13:22, Finlay James said:

Chris Kamara?

On 21/05/2018 at 16:29, letsalldothebeattie said:

Good keeper would be a hell of a capture if we could get him up to Tynie. Anyone actually know for definite he’s on Levein radar? 

On 08/06/2018 at 12:25, PhoenixHearts said:

Sorry boss. Here. :sweeet:

Hearts Emirates.jpg

On 27/06/2018 at 09:58, WoodenHertz said:

I think sir you have done it 

On 07/07/2018 at 18:05, James1874f said:

I don’t know if we have or haven’t but since his deal is up at end of this upcoming season and there has been no news yet of an extension I would guess he ain’t been offered one YET. Since he is available in Jan for pre contract that reduces the chance of a sizeable fee. 

Im pretty confident Kyle will still be a Hearts player next season.

55 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The bulk of the new signings were brought in before pre-season, you don't get to use that excuse for management failings. 

Correct no excuses but due to his scattergun approach to signings this will be trotted out and also budge is also culpable

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

What does that say about his ability to motivate players and follow his instructions?

I don't know, might be just one of those days. We will see if we setup in the same fashion v Cowdenbeath or whether he scraps it, which would then say everything imo about his ability to get his ideas across. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yep fair comments.

think he knows we’re getting points deducted by saying we can’t reach 9 points. Ridicolous we are struggling to get out this group. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think the more that players ignore his instructions, the more likely it will be that we score the goals that we need to progress. HE is the stumbling block, regardless of how many "barrels " he gives them at FT

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

Correct no excuses but due to his scattergun approach to signings this will be trotted out and also budge is also culpable

Fail to see what that’s got to do with Kyle ?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the more that players ignore his instructions, the more likely it will be that we score the goals that we need to progress. HE is the stumbling block, regardless of how many "barrels " he gives them at FT

We'll see what happens. If we don't get out of the group then there is really no excuses to be had. We're not at that point yet however. 

Bazzas right boot

If we finish on less points than ICT, Ann has a big decision to make. Shouldn’t be happening. 

I can't excuse that. 

If we are knocked out the lc due to an admin error ( as in we would have qualified with the 3 points won) and you want CL fired you are a fud and are just after CL not matter what. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Go back a few pages i posted his bt sport interview he was not a happy man

We don't get enough blood , sweat and snotters performances from Hearts now.

What we seen in the last 15 minutes is the level of effort and thought we need to see at the start of matches and throughout. Not when it's too late.

Our talented players who give the energy also need that energy around them to bear fruit over 90 minutes.

Some of the stuffy performances were excruciating to watch. Half the players looked f**ked but only through their lack of focus and being totally switched off to the job in hand. Not because they aren't fit.

We have a problem mentally and have thought so for a while. 

I am failing to see why we have become a club that has adopted this kind of signing policy a nd kyle gets a pass ?

We need another winger and another creative midfield player. Can’t understand why we didn’t appear to be interested in Mallan for example.

And from what I saw today I can’t understand why Ryan Edwards wasn’t playing. 

Squad looks pretty average and can see us being in a battle to finish top 6.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Ann Budge is one more bad season away from it being official that the FOH era has been stability off the pitch & absolute mediocrity on it.

Signing another squad again has really wound me up. There’s no connection with fans anymore to the team as we don’t know the players from Adam. Worst of all they all seem to be crap.

Levein doesn’t get any more chances. This season is his last chance saloon. When he’s gone, his succession plan can also gtf. 

If Budge refuses,it won’t be long before protests at the absolute dross of a footballing product being served up.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Go back a few pages i posted his bt sport interview he was not a happy man

:thumbsup: I'll have a look bud.

2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If we finish on less points than ICT, Ann has a big decision to make. Shouldn’t be happening. 

I can't excuse that. 

If we are knocked out the lc due to an admin error ( as in we would have qualified with the 3 points won) and you want CL fired you are a fud and are just after CL not matter what. 

Not being able to get through a group of lower league teams with a 100% record is pretty poor. A narrow 2-1 win v a highland league side, and a 1-1 draw against a league 1 side is pretty terrible form.

• davemclaren locked this topic