*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

We need a finisher

Tbf if Lafferty takes that late first half chance maybe a different game

We need someone in. Maybe pay the money for Vanecek now. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Actually stunned  how bad we were . Never seen that level of performance coming at all . 

Rovers were utterly horrendous. 

Eariy season but that was truly shocking . 

Scraped by by a goal against a non league team, scrape by on pens at a neutral venue v a 3rd tier team.

Things have to improve on our travels, kept saying that last season and it just got worse.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

:biglaugh:

I would pay good money to watch that. Ginnger welt.

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We need a finisher

Vanecek is needed, hopefully Uche hits the ground running as well. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Scraped by by a goal against a non league team, scrape by on pens at a neutral venue v a 3rd tier team.

Things have to improve on our travels, kept saying that last season and it just got worse.

Disallowed goal and subsequent penalties win will gloss over the shambles that preceded it. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Win our two games and we progress. 

Simples. 

Enough of the age 10 panic crap. 

This is a new team in pre season. 

Feet will be found. 

It isn't pre-season.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We need a finisher

That’s the answer. Pay them a wee bit more and get the lad here now.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I can’t comment too much as not at game and no idea how we played, other than reading here.

However, it’s a pish result what ever way you dress it up. Particularly after the ineligible player debacle against cove rangers. 

We probably only have two chance a season at lifting a trophy. To be out the ***** cup before the league season even starts, for the second year, in a row would be a ****ing joke.

Last week I’m looking forward to start of the season, now I’m feeling it’s going to be another long slog of a season. A positive start was essential this season. 

I get effectively pre season but this doesn’t boed well. 

That said onwards and upwards.

Pish result but could have won if it wasn’t for a feck up of a reg and if we never decked up the registration we would be on 5 points and people’s reaction would be way different today. 

Chill out out and enjoy the season 

A 2-1 win against non-league Cove Rangers with an ineligible player.

A 1-1 draw with League One Raith Rovers, winning the penalty shoot-out bonus point.

The big question is, can we keep this unbeaten run going all season?

The Gorgie Invincibles?

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Keep backing the serial loser

:clyay: guys and gals. He deserves it lolololol. 

Brought in another teams worth of utter shite. Going to be another great season with that usesles trumpet in charge. 

Managed 3 goals against Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers. Deary ****ing dear. Hibs and Aberdeen never mind the other pair again way way better sides again. But we persevere with a guy so far past his best in all ways it’s not even funny. 

Ok, bye.

under-a-rock.jpeg

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Totally embarrassing and despite being a levein man why should he stay if we can’t get out a shitty group like that similar to cathro!!

Can't really compare him to cathro though when we might only drop points because of an administrative error. Not a good result but we could still finish with 11/12 

13 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Vanecek is needed, hopefully Uche hits the ground running as well. 

Lafferty looks off the pace I put that down to missing a few pre season games but agree we need atleast one more striker.

17 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Posh bath, no chance of banging yer heid aff the taps.

Wife might bang hers though...

LarrysRightFoot

No getting away from - brutal performance. 

Too slow - lack creativity/spark. He got the goal but I don’t like Smith at wing back.

Still effectively pre-season though and I’m sure it will come together.

Also that pitch should not be allowed in senior football.

19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I'm not in huge into over reaction but why did we only start playing 10 to go.

Im sorry Craig but you cannot excuse the lack of urgency today and our set up full stop.

I honestly thought we were as poor today as we have been in the last 2 years - is it wrong to expect better???? 

.We only started playing when we went to a back four. Three at the back is not an attacking formation.

Lets get back to playing two wingers and having a real go at teams.

NaturalOrder74

A tricky match like this can be good for the team no point screaming for change yet, still in the cup subject to decision on monday. Still feel like that wasn’t our strongest 11, we tried some players out against a lower league side as you should, I’m not a massive fan of the formation to be honest but if that goal had been awarded as it should have we would have had three points and little to grumble about 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

No getting away from - brutal performance. 

Too slow - lack creativity/spark. He got the goal but I don’t like Smith at wing back.

Still effectively pre-season though and I’m sure it will come together.

Also that pitch should not be allowed in senior football.

Smith was much better as a RB in the 4. Wing back doesn't suit him at all.

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I can hazard a guess at  what will happen Enzo. We will lose against all of them away from home. We will get a decent one or two results at home against the top teams. We will finish below them all. Nothing has changed. 

We should have spent the money on 4 or 5 quality players instead of 12 average players. Naismith being the exception. 

Exactly. AB has entrusted a lot of our money in overhauling a squad that really did just need 3 or 4 additions to improve us. We now have far too big and expensive a squad. It's very similar to the January window under Cathro and most of these guys ended up being shipped out. If we have a poor start to the SPL season, i think AB will be well aware that a change will have to be made. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Just now, maroonedinbriz said:

Jono, serious question - are you mentally unstable? Because someone still needs convincing that this year's squad is better than last year's they must be a blouse. Away and get yer self sectioned.

2 games and you know that for a fact?

What football club are you employed by and why is it not Hearts? Surely with foresight like that we need to get you on the books pronto.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We need a finisher

Lafferty scored a lot of goals last season.  That is his saving grace, and we should keep him for that reason.   However, he isn’t actually a great footballer. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Jono, serious question - are you mentally unstable? Because someone still needs convincing that this year's squad is better than last year's they must be a blouse. Away and get yer self sectioned.

Those are comparison's to be made at the end of the season.

crichiejambos
40 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Certainty we will lose The penalties because we are a team of shitebags led by a shitebag manager. 

How embarrasing to see Levein waving players forward with a minute to go. Get him out our club or we will continue to be mid table mediocrity with early cup exits every season. 

Team o shitebags? And you've come to that conclusion after 4,5 bounce games and two competitive games were they're  finding their feet and getting to know each other's game. Hope to feck there's no more like you that's started slating the team already......it's gonna be one long season.

Hope we don't use Mondays outcome as the reason we are going out. 

Today was a must win and everyone at the club understood that and with that in mind the performance was a huge let down.

35 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Back to the "full pre-season" then.

Defo. 

So much for not having a bench full of youngsters to come on this season.

Although they done ok.

Boy from Inverness looks poor though. Need more than just pace

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

That’s the answer. Pay them a wee bit more and get the lad here now.

Front players set the tone for the whole team.

Big part of the problem today is there was no threat up front. 

KyleLafferty

If we don’t get points deducted on Monday I still fully expect to win the group. 

Not good enough. I hope it will all turn around and that we’re a bit rusty. But if we fail to get through the group stages I can see Levein going and I can’t see anyone wanting to replace him with players they’ve not even bought. But as I said I hope it all turns around.

Craig

1 minute ago, JamboCraig said:

Not good enough. I hope it will all turn around and that we’re a bit rusty. But if we fail to get through the group stages I can see Levein going and I can’t see anyone wanting to replace him with players they’ve not even bought. But as I said I hope it all turns around.

Craig

If Levein was to go you can’t see anyone wanting the Hearts job?

Ok

8 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

:cornette:

The Old Tolbooth
29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Please God no!

I only done about half a dozen home games last season for various reasons, but I done a few away games, and I wish I  hadn't bothered, it was eye bleeding, pretty much identical to what we witnessed today mate. 

Finlay James
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You wanted Hibs to beat us in the last derby.

:cornette:

Course he did, he's a loyal lad to his club.

Dont worry mate, we will be destroying the wee team this season with ease.

maroonedinbriz
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am perfectly sane. Well as sane as any Hearts fan can be after so many years.

Come on its a wee bit premature to see all hope is gone. 

Didn't mean to be abusive. I am spending the evening apologising to fellow Jambos.

No problems. 

3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

If Levein was to go you can’t see anyone wanting the Hearts job?

Ok

As in we’ve signed 14 players already. We probably won’t have money too bring more players. It’s very close too the start of the season. And I’m not saying I want him too go because I believe he’s good enough and we’re just rusty.

Edited by JamboCraig

3 minutes ago, JamboCraig said:

Craig

Can’t see anyone replacing Levein because they wouldn’t be their own players? How do managers get jobs? 

4 minutes ago, JamboCraig said:

Craig

Levein isn’t going anywhere :lol: 

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Keep backing the serial loser

:clyay: guys and gals. He deserves it lolololol. 

Brought in another teams worth of utter shite. Going to be another great season with that usesles trumpet in charge. 

Managed 3 goals against Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers. Deary ****ing dear. Hibs and Aberdeen never mind the other pair again way way better sides again. But we persevere with a guy so far past his best in all ways it’s not even funny. 

Ok, bye.

Hiya Hendricks. Still cheering on Hibs to win matches against us?

Ok, bye.

Have a look at the other prem teams results today and let that be a reality check. Not one won comfortably all against lower league opposition.

That doesn't excuse a poor performance and the top teams better get to grips with this format soon. It's one of only two competitions they can realistically win.

What we as a club don't need is added pressure going into this season after last year and all these signings. CL needs to get this right in the next two games.

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hope we don't use Mondays outcome as the reason we are going out. 

Today was a must win and everyone at the club understood that and with that in mind the performance was a huge let down.

Shite are we already in the "must win" and "last chance saloon" games for the season? 

It's gonna be a long 9 months 

15 minutes ago, GorgieBoy2012 said:

How we managed to get the 2 points God knows #LeveinOut

???

We were awful. Minor excuses in a garbage pitch, and a terrible decision costing us the win but we knew that we had to win and that we probably needed goals and that's what wer served up.  

Cathro was sacked for little worse

When you look at three posters who are at it and between the three of them theres been a total of 6days membership and 10 posts ?

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

???

We were ****in crap, what do you see that I don’t ???

Very disappointing performance on a day when we needed to win and win well.

If we get a points deduction on Monday we can kiss goodbye to the LC for yet another year.

A bit early to judge our chances in the league this season though.

I hate these early season matches .

• davemclaren locked this topic