• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Rangers weren't seeded in the last round but as they beat Maribor they then took their seeding in the next round.

Cheers. 

brunoatemyhamster

Tom miller.

Falkirk fan?

A man who once said live on radio that Jan Wouters didnt know as much about football as he did.

Weapons grade end of the bell variety

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Tom miller.

Falkirk fan?

A man who once said live on radio that Jan Wouters didnt know as much about football as he did.

Weapons grade end of the bell variety

There’s a reason he’s not on mainstream radio. Singlehandedly the worst commentator I have had the misfortune of hearing.

brunoatemyhamster
6 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

There’s a reason he’s not on mainstream radio. Singlehandedly the worst commentator I have had the misfortune of hearing.

For people that dont know. Edinburgh had its own Hibs and Hearts radio programme ala Ewan and Roughie years ago.Tom miller was one of the hosts.

Just listen to the guy! Shame it went bust. He helped speed up that process by being a slavering blue nosed erse.

chester copperpot

I think we could have easily beaten the teams put in front of Rangers this year. As would have Hibs and Aberdeen.

You have to ask how a team 6yrs old gets a pretty easy ride.

I do, however, expect the Russians to be a different prospect at home. Must admit though, I know very little about them!

2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

For people that dont know. Edinburgh had its own Hibs and Hearts radio programme ala Ewan and Roughie years ago.Tom miller was one of the hosts.

Just listen to the guy! Shame it went bust. He helped speed up that process by being a slavering blue nosed erse.

It was the time that Rangers were deep in their financial mire and the whole “don’t do walking away” thing was being used as a battle cry. Hearts playing Rangers and Elbows McCulloch had done his usual and been red carded... without paying attention and doing his slavouring/rambling Tom was telling the audience how McCulloch hadn’t done anything wrong as he’s a fighter a real Rangers man and he doesn’t do walking away.... only to realise he was walking away up the tunnel. ?

brunoatemyhamster
4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

It was the time that Rangers were deep in their financial mire and the whole “don’t do walking away” thing was being used as a battle cry. Hearts playing Rangers and Elbows McCulloch had done his usual and been red carded... without paying attention and doing his slavouring/rambling Tom was telling the audience how McCulloch hadn’t done anything wrong as he’s a fighter a real Rangers man and he doesn’t do walking away.... only to realise he was walking away up the tunnel. ?

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

That pair of ***** are both going to end up in the europa group stages.

****ing hate them with a passion.

One goal wont be enough for the Tribute act.

Celtic will probably squeak in.

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

That pair of ***** are both going to end up in the europa group stages.

****ing hate them with a passion.

Some nice long trips khazekstan . Azerbaijan maybe awaits..

Annoying but might not help them too much re fimances/ prestige and could help us, and others, close the gap that their squads,in theory, should open up.

brunoatemyhamster
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Lafferty booked, dirty hun b'ard  :pleasing: 

Bet you he had a monkey on it!

Unknown user
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Absolute fud of a man Tom miller. Guarenteed to use the word " majestic " to describe a throw in or something.

He stepped in to help for free as commentator on Hearts TV in our administration season when we couldn't afford to pay. He's a good **** for that in my book. 

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He stepped in to help for free as commentator on Hearts TV in our administration season when we couldn't afford to pay. He's a good **** for that in my book. 

Still a **** though.

the blue arse cheeks were wanting to have the tie won tonight. They play the green cheek a week on Sunday and didn't want to send their best on the 6,000 mile round trip next Thursday.

Shame :smile:

brunoatemyhamster
27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He could have done us a real favour and not have done it. I doubt he put subscriptions through the roof.Each to their own i suppose. But , to me anyway .anyone in the scottish media who claims to know more about football than a guy who played with some of the greatest players of all time, all in the name of protecting his beloved Rangers is a scumbag. Wouters had claimed that Rangers got an easy ride from refs while he was at Ibrox btw.

Nice guy though. Falkirk supporter. Embarassing to Scottish football journalism. And thats saying something.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Jambo in Yorkshire

A few have asked how Rangers have had such an easy draw.

Basically the draw for each round is split into groups of 8 or 10, with 4/5 seeded and 4/5 unseeded.

There were 74 teams in round two and Rangers were ranked 61 so not seeded. 

The five seeds in their group could be ranked 2, 14, 24, 29 and 34 (its random but works out along these lines, I haven’t used the exact rankings)

If Rangers get any of the 3 lowest ranking teams, especially the bottom one, they get an easier draw and that’s what happened. Rangers could have got Besiktas who were ranked 2. This system produced the Aberdeen v Burnley tie.

As has been mentioned they beat a seeded team (Maribor) in round 3 so they took their place in the 4th  round.

Rangers were ranked 11 out of 13 seeds in round 4 and got UFA who were ranked 22 so another lucky draw. Strangely enough UFA were seeded in rounds 2 and 3 and Rangers weren’t.

Scottish teams have to beat higher ranked teams in round 2 and 3 to get to round 4.

Think Rangers will get pumped in Russia next week -then lose the Celtic game too. 

Both of the cheeks got reasonable results, but I can't see Rangers going over there & progressing.  

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Think Rangers will get pumped in Russia next week -then lose the Celtic game too. 

Both of the cheeks got reasonable results, but I can't see Rangers going over there & progressing.  

I’m not so sure. Ufa only scraped past a team from Luxembourg in the last round so can’t see them pumping Sevco. Might scrape a 1-0 and force extra time, probably the best we can expect.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Homme said:

UFA are shite and Rangers will win comfortably.

I suspect you’re correct. Surprising how poor Russian teams generally are.

I am seriously sad that sevco scraped a result tonight. I really' really' really ... Hate that club !!!!. I'm drunk tonight and my detest (ation ?) for them is coming to the fore. The only fitba club I care for is Heart of Midlothian. Mon the Hearts !!

I see that the BBC propoganda machine is at it again...

"If Rangers hold their nerve in the Neftyanik Stadium, it will be the first time the Scottish Premiership side have reached the group stage of a European competition since the 2010-11 Champions League."

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I see that the BBC propoganda machine is at it again...

"If Rangers hold their nerve in the Neftyanik Stadium, it will be the first time the Scottish Premiership side have reached the group stage of a European competition since the 2010-11 Champions League."

Annoys me that when it suits ie the claims of historical abuse its were a different club but other times its no we are the same club. If they were the same club you’d think they’d be liable for the HMFC bill aswell. Wishful thinking tho ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45340321

Good to see the UFA boss on the wind up!

Didn't realise how similar the two clubs histories are:

"They have made rapid progress since being formed in 2011, winning promotion to the top flight within three years and finishing sixth last season."

It took Rangers a year longer to reach the top flight though.

Draw tomorrow for Group stage.

Can see the demons in it, sevco...not so sure !

Edit.....Friday, sorry !

Edited by Boab

On 24/08/2018 at 01:57, sadj said:

Annoys me that when it suits ie the claims of historical abuse its were a different club but other times its no we are the same club. If they were the same club you’d think they’d be liable for the HMFC bill aswell. Wishful thinking tho ? 

Very wishful thinking :lol:

Hoping that both teams get through in a way, would help our challenge if they had thurs then Sunday games to contend with. Obviously hope they amass zero points therefore no extra money

Dear Santa, I know it's a bit early and I have been a bit of a tit this year but if you can make it happen.....even twice I would be very happy.

Nothing on Sportsound. Their tv link has failed. Presumably Rob McLean will do commentary from a Glasgow studio but in the meantime it's a Steven Gerrard's Rangers love fest. 

0-1 for Rangers. 

Bollocks. That’s that then. Hopefully the Thursday / Sunday schedule will hurt them domestically. 

They really have had a free run at reaching the groups. 

letsalldothebeattie

Listening to Radio Scotland at work and sounds like a cracking finish. Love when the radio are commentating on a game that’s on tv makes no sense but quite a laugh to listen to