Edinburgh History

Maroon Sailor

31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

CCTV as well.😀

I was going to comment about the women but I thought better of it.

I think the CCTV is a light on the tram stop. Of course there’s always the chance you were making a joke and it went right over my head. 

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Radio Ga Ga

• luckyBatistuta

• ¼½¾

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Some cracking pins, oh shit, I wasn't going to go there!

:lol:

Also no jeans to be seen.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think the CCTV is a light on the tram stop. Of course there’s always the chance you were making a joke and it went right over my head. 

👍

On 16/03/2021 at 18:03, EIEIO said:

I was in town for the first time this year just last week and was shocked to see the progress made with the Haymarket site. Hopefully , there's a couple of bars in their as platform 5 gets a bit busy particularly post match.

Seems to be coming right out onto Dalry Road as well. Edinburgh council's crazy, you can build that, but 50 yards away my mate couldn't install UPVC double glazing as it wasn't "in keeping with the area"

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Seems to be coming right out onto Dalry Road as well. Edinburgh council's crazy, you can build that, but 50 yards away my mate couldn't install UPVC double glazing as it wasn't "in keeping with the area"

It's the number of blocks of student flats that are being built that astonishes me. Most of them pretty ugly buildings.

Anyone else spend ages looking at the people in these fantastic photos trying to pick out long gone family members? I can get quite obsessive about it.

been here before
40 minutes ago, leginten said:

Anyone else spend ages looking at the people in these fantastic photos trying to pick out long gone family members? I can get quite obsessive about it.

No.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Yes.

Not spotted anybody familar thus far, but.....................

1 hour ago, leginten said:

I  do all the time, there are so many places that we all spent so much time, it almost seems impossible that in the time we spent on the streets and places in Edinburgh that we weren't pictured once. I know I was pictured in my place in the north enclosure right at the tunnel one time as the team came out, I was also again in the paper when a bus hit the railway bridge and took off the roof at Newcraighall.  Despite those I knew of there must have been many casual as well.

Maroon Sailor

Two way system. Like to know when that changed as I can't remember it being like that

20210329_101629.jpg.cf674924d7db54e5336ff1288a12c57a.jpg

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Little over 20 years ago, this boat took Edinburgh’s sewerage and dumped it in the North Sea

47304F59-F9A9-4D40-9794-E531B43E3297.jpeg

In the 1980s I worked in the Water & Drainage department of Lothian Regional Council. Certain days you could book a meal on the boat. I never did it but people who went were impressed with the food but said you could hear the "doors" opening when it was time to dump the waste. 

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20210329_113903.jpg

Looking down Buccleuch Street, with Buccleuch Place off by the phone box?

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why park on the road ?

20210329_180020.jpg.0c4c4462de3f15ce15b5323bdaaa01a2.jpg

Because you didnae need a road fund licence if it was parked off the street, why else would you do that on Niddrie Mains Road. But have somebody keep shoatie, bcause Big Blue Eyes is on the prowl and he has no had a summons in a while and the sergeant is oan his arse.

40 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why park on the road ?

20210329_180020.jpg.0c4c4462de3f15ce15b5323bdaaa01a2.jpg

Somebody's probably nipped to the shop for a box of matches.

13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20210329_182540.jpg

Broughton Road.  The wall is the one in front of the Royal Navy Club at Canonmills and building with the chimney is where Tesco is now.

13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20210329_182540.jpg

From the shape of the tenements on the right I don’t think it is, but it kind of looks like the junction of Slateford Road/Shandon Place / Shandon Cresent.

What’s the tall building (spire and chimney?) in the far distance?

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

From the shape of the tenements on the right I don’t think it is, but it kind of looks like the junction of Slateford Road/Shandon Place / Shandon Cresent.

What’s the tall building (spire and chimney?) in the far distance?

The old Chancelot Mill, before it moved to leith.

17050301686_c354b83211_b.jpg

Maroon Sailor

Don't know what street this is without looking it up

20210330_091429.jpg.083744b3d3d51139eb37e533f2375228.jpg

Edited by Maroon Sailor