So who's next then

wanderer

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What makes you think that?

Gut feeling. Confirmed he is joining us and they stand to lose him for nothing. I think they will be far easier to deal with now

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Lewis Moore to me is no better than David Smith that got released a few seasons back and is now playing with Stranraer. 

Yet to see how Levien keeps so many players happy but can see several youngsters going out on loan which may or not be a good thing.  Loans appear to have benefited Liam Smith, Keena and Godinho.  If Levien keeps recruiting players like amankwaa and callachan, the academy players will get their chance to shine. 

I thought the same. But he's improved abit and I thought he did well v Rangers last season. I'd put him in the category of improving. Not sure about Henderson though, I'm not sure he's cut out for this level

rick witter
8 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

No I didn't miss it. And we didn't play 3-4-3 that day either.

We were 4-2-3-1 with a high line and a high press from the midfield 3

Was definitely a 4-2-3-1 against Celtic that day. If we had played 3-4-3 it would have been 4 0 the other way. You can’t play with 3 up front against Celtic they are too strong. 

rick witter
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Djoum will return with competition and motivation, a class international on his game, and Harry will be a future international. So they are both going to start for me, the competition for the final midfield berth is going to be fierce.

As it stands I would expect Godinho and Garrucio to be the preferred wing backs, if Demi does come back then a further upgrade there too. Naismith in behind Lafferty, the last starting spot for me, who couples up with Harry, probably Lee or Bozanic first dibs.

Djoum has used up all his many many chances to claim to be a regular starter. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Really? He was a regular before injury and ironically was back in form. He will always start if he plays to form 

25 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a haver...

Djoum is just about the best baller at the club if not the best. Even playing injured or unfit he was badly missed when he was out. Played further back than hes suited to due to circumstances when Adao came in he moved forward a bit and looked even more effective. Hes not suited to where RN played him either hes most effective somewhere between both ala where he was after Adaos signing

opinions are fine but wow!!!! 

rick witter
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a haver...

Djoum is just about the best baller at the club if not the best. Even playing injured or unfit he was badly missed when he was out. Played further back than hes suited to due to circumstances when Adao came in he moved forward a bit and looked even more effective. Hes not suited to where RN played him either hes most effective somewhere between both ala where he was after Adaos signing

Has no heart and does not care if we win lose or draw a match. Would much rather he left the club than be a regular. He will be touting himself everywhere in December when he can sign a pre contract on January the first. 

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a haver...

Excellent player Djoum. One of the best midfielders in the league. Him and Edwards linking up could be very interesting, I have high hopes for that combination.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Excellent player Djoum. One of the best midfielders in the league. Him and Edwards linking up could be very interesting, I have high hopes for that combination.

Think him and Lee could be a top notch midfield duo and with Naismith in front of them...

:omg!:

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Has no heart and does not care if we win lose or draw a match. Would much rather he left the club than be a regular. He will be touting himself everywhere in December when he can sign a pre contract on January the first. 

Thats a completely different statement though. He is one of the best midfielders in the league and if we can utilise him right a game changer. If he leaves he leaves but don’t try and say hes not a baller as he most definately is.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Agreed and Likewise , interesting to see if Lee is a direct replacement for him though and we do sell him on.

Weve so many different options and styles we have a squad that can focus on playing our way and dictating games. Something weve not had much since the championship season. Still a Few pieces from being an excellent squad yet imo 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Ah ok. Great chat :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, c41rns said:

Ive heard Cowie away to Ross County (apologies if posted elsewhere) 

Some will have to leave. Wouldn't surprise me if true 

A few of the names quoted over the last couple of pages begs the question...

Just Why?

8 hours ago, c41rns said:

Decent move for both parties will lead to a coaching role up there for were it all began for Don moves with my best wishes

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Decent move for both parties will lead to a coaching role up there for were it all began for Don moves with my best wishes

Yep best wishes to Don. Been a good signing for us. Scored a derby winner, always gave 100% and had a big impact on the younger players.

I see Demi Mitchell is doing pre-season with the Man Utd first team...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5943143/Man-United-stars-training-Jose-Mourinho-plans-new-season.html

I guess it all depends on how well he does on their American tour, whether or not Mourinho lets us have him on loan again or if he's going to be a regular first team squad member for them.

Edited by cb1874

On 11/07/2018 at 08:42, Frank1874 said:

Think him and Lee could be a top notch midfield duo and with Naismith in front of them...

:omg!:

Let's hope it all comes to pass as opposed to the Tziolis era if I can call it that where a group of promising signings delivered next to nothing.

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, cb1874 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5943143/Man-United-stars-training-Jose-Mourinho-plans-new-season.html

I guess it all depends on how well he does on their American tour, whether or not Mourinho lets us have him on loan again or if he's going to be a regular first team squad member for them.

As the article says they have up to 12 missing due to world cup so still a good chance Demi will be surplus but I think while they may look to loan him out there will be several teams after him.

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

As the article says they have up to 12 missing due to world cup so still a good chance Demi will be surplus but I think while they may look to loan him out there will be several teams after him.

We should hopefully have an advantage on other teams due to him enjoying his spell during the second half of the season. Obviously it’ll be up to Man Utd where he goes at the end of the day, ideally wearing the famous Heart of Midlothian maroon. 

Hearing that there are a couple of Championship sides interested in taking Sammon on a season long loan. Dundee United supposed to be one if them.

Edited by Deevers

jamboinglasgow

Evening news says we are going to offer a deal to Kevin Silva

Also seen that we had a scout at Glenavon v Molde. 

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Evening news says we are going to offer a deal to Kevin Silva

Also seen that we had a scout at Glenavon v Molde. 

Mark Sykes?

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Possible Milinkovic replacement

Interesting one. Probably a market Austin MacPhee knows well

21 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting one. Probably a market Austin MacPhee knows well

Same club as Burns came from.

gorgieheart
4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Hearing that there are a couple of Championship sides interested in taking Sammon on a season long loan. Dundee United supposed to be one if them.

Not really ideal , unless they cover all of his wage...which i cant see United doing.

Maybe he can take Martin along ?   Case of Loan 1 , get 1 Free ? 

15 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Not really ideal , unless they cover all of his wage...which i cant see United doing.

Maybe he can take Martin along ?   Case of Loan 1 , get 1 Free ? 

Can't see that happening.

United would be as well signing him permanently if they're willing to pay his full wage given that Hearts have said he is free to go.

Do guys on here think we have enough "bite" in midfield? A tough tackling ball winner. I like the midfielders who have been brought in but they do seem fairly similar in style. Against the better teams do we not need someone who can smash into players (a Celtic player in particular)

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

Do guys on here think we have enough "bite" in midfield? A tough tackling ball winner. I like the midfielders who have been brought in but they do seem fairly similar in style. Against the better teams do we not need someone who can smash into players (a Celtic player in particular)

I think that’s what Ali Crawford would have brought. However our budget must be bursting at mo so I suppose we need to get rid of a few before adding again

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

nope, we don't have one but I'm sure that will be addressed.

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

I think that’s what Ali Crawford would have brought. However our budget must be bursting at mo so I suppose we need to get rid of a few before adding again

Crawford's the complete opposite of that.

15 hours ago, cb1874 said:

There is virtually zero chance that Mitchell will be anywhere near their first team on anything like a regular basis. A look through the top English clubs shows you have to be an absolute stand out to have any chance. They don't need to try and develop young takent when they can spend tens of millions on someone ready made.  If Mitchell doesn't come back to us I will be surprised if its because they are using him for their first team. 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

nope, we don't have one but I'm sure that will be addressed.

Crawford's the complete opposite of that.

Have to disagree- he is a wee nippy sweetie, we really do need one of them  

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’d argue that we need an Adao type of player, Crawford is more attack minded in my opinion.

Levein wanted him to fill the void Naismith would’ve left if he didn’t return. 

Cruyff Turn
22 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

He's an attacking midfielder who's biggest downfall is his work rate and fight. Good footballer though.

Robbo-Jambo

Considering he tried to keep Milinkovic and sign Jordan Roberts it would seem that part of the jigsaw could be missing with no wide player/winger arriving since then.

Think CL will still be looking at this aspect and would not be surprised if this gap is dealt with shortly.

Spoiler

On 31/05/2018 at 22:01, wigwam123 said:

Edited by franko1874

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Anyone heard anything about Lee Wallace returning? 

He's currently injured not playing for the current  buns tonight 

6 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Out on Loan to Livi soon I think. 

5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

He is not in gerrards plans could be ready to leave I would take him back good player

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Considering he tried to keep Milinkovic and sign Jordan Roberts it would seem that part of the jigsaw could be missing with no wide player/winger arriving since then.

Think CL will still be looking at this aspect and would not be surprised if this gap is dealt with shortly.

It would also help if people read his interviews - having failed to get Milinkovic Levein said he would be looking to other options to play that role.

On 10/07/2018 at 22:57, c41rns said:

He's from there isn't he ?

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Agreed

HughJarsole

Anyone heard anything about Cummings signing for us? Few hibs boys in the pub saying they’ve heard he’s coming to us? Just pure rumours like, just seeing if anyone else heard anything?