• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

Voice of reason
14 hours ago, El Diez said:

Jordan Roberts is the ex Crawley player.

Can't remember much about him at Inverness but he's scored some cracking goals for Crawley Town looking at his YouTube video. Looks pretty quick. 

41 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Can't remember much about him at Inverness but he's scored some cracking goals for Crawley Town looking at his YouTube video. Looks pretty quick. 

Likewise don’t remember him at ICT. From clips you can see the attributes, big, fast, crosses well and likes to shoot. But clip I saw was promotional video from sports management company so going to be best bits, and Crawley are league 2 same as Cambridge and Uche. On one of promotional videos got described as centre midfield/ left midfield but crawly clips seem to playing wide left in more a winger / forward role. 

Still think we need the quality of Naismith and Mitchell along with a couple of players with similar attributes to Adao and Milinkovic, a keeper is obviously a must too

Is five more signings asking for a bit much? Is it possible that with Lee, Bozanic, Djoum, Edwards, Burns, Cochrane, Cowie and Callachan in the squad that we won't be looking for an out and out holding midfielder like Adao? 

Is it possible that talk of another striker in Vanecek along with all of these midfielders means no space for Naismith? 

I'm still really hoping we can get these key roles covered in the window but I would understand if it isn't feasible given the current squad size

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Still think we need the quality of Naismith and Mitchell along with a couple of players with similar attributes to Adao and Milinkovic, a keeper is obviously a must too

Is five more signings asking for a bit much? Is it possible that with Lee, Bozanic, Djoum, Edwards, Burns, Cochrane, Cowie and Callachan in the squad that we won't be looking for an out and out holding midfielder like Adao? 

Is it possible that talk of another striker in Vanecek along with all of these midfielders means no space for Naismith? 

I'm still really hoping we can get these key roles covered in the window but I would understand if it isn't feasible given the current squad size

Personally feel we have enough energy in midfield not to need a dedicated defensive midfielder. I get the feeling we will have a deeper-lying player who will look to take the ball off the defenders and get us going.

A new left back is necessary and would be good to have an out-and-out wide man who can offer something different.

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Could be another 6 yet. :laugh:

Another keeper.

Mitchell or another left wing back

Defensive midfielder 

Naismith

Replacement  for Milinkovic, maybe?

Vanecek

At some point the decks will be getting cleared? 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Could be another 6 yet. :laugh:

Another keeper.

Mitchell or another left wing back

Defensive midfielder 

Naismith

Replacement  for Milinkovic, maybe?

Vanecek

At some point the decks will be getting cleared? 

We're gonna need a bigger Nandos.

Famous 1874

Jordan Roberts was given a tour of the Oriam on Thursday and is weighing up offers from Hearts and other English sides. 

maroonsgotop

key signings for me were Naismith, Milinkovic, Mitchell & Adao. So far none signed. No idea how any of our many other signings will work out but quality remains a concern

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

key signings for me were Naismith, Milinkovic, Mitchell & Adao. So far none signed. No idea how any of our many other signings will work out but quality remains a concern

Hopefully some more too. 

Captain Canada

Does anyone know what's happening with Naismith? From what I've read, Norwich don't want to keep him. Are they holding out for a fee? Have we been blown out the water in terms of wages? Does he have offers on the table from elsewhere? 

Or is it going to be one of those that rumbles on into late August? 

13 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I think to take the pressure of the new signings who come with little pedigree, we could do with the likes of Naismith back and even Mitchell who has more than proven his capabilities.

Keeping a solid nucleus of Berra, Naismith and The Duke will help settle the newbies. 

I get we'll be giving youth a chance to continue their schooling (I expect Cochrane, McDonald and Moore in particular to remain involved) but the return to a reserve league should help them and make us less reliant on them.

If we aren't to rekindle our interest in Naisy or Mitchell, I'd hope we are still looking at a good wide player and obviously another keeper. Got a feeling the midfield is done with Djoum to return aswell.  

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

I doubt any of them will be signing.

HillmanHearts
6 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Hope your wrong. 

Naismith signing would be massive , would be the glue in this squad and manage them on the park.

Would love Mitchell as well but doubt he'll be back. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Definitely. I would say our first 11 last season was better than this one so far. We desperately need 1 or 2 marquee signings. We have back-up now it's some quality that's needed. Milinkovic, Naismith and Lafferty brought it last season. There's only one of them left so far.

Before people start crying saying we don't know how our new signing will perform I'm basing my opinion on there careers to date. None of which particularly excite me. Burns yes but he's not going to be ready. One for the very near future though.

Still excited for the new season ahead. Hopefully Levein changes his approach to away games. That's what will ultimately decide how our season will go. He has it nailed at Tynecastle.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cruyff Turn
37 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

I'm positive we will get Naisy back, he's one of Leveins main men, was when he was Scotland coach too, it was one of the main reasons Naismith came here. I'm sure we'll find out by the beginning of July when the window opens as I think there may be a token fee involved (not itk).

We've obviously got money to spend and I reckon we'll get Naisy & Vanecek when window opens, but not before. 

Think you could be right about the others. Mitchell was Man Utds reserve poty and we all know that Man Utd have been toiling in that position and I think they will play him in a few first team games before deciding what to do with him but we'll need to find out sooner rather than later because we can't start with one left back again given our luck with injuries. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'm positive we will get Naisy back, he's one of Leveins main men, was when he was Scotland coach too, it was one of the main reasons Naismith came here. I'm sure we'll find out by the beginning of July when the window opens as I think there may be a token fee involved (not itk).

We've obviously got money to spend and I reckon we'll get Naisy & Vanecek when window opens, but not before. 

Think you could be right about the others. Mitchell was Man Utds reserve poty and we all know that Man Utd have been toiling in that position and I think they will play him in a few first team games before deciding what to do with him but we'll need to find out sooner rather than later because we can't start with one left back again given our luck with injuries. 

He could have scored every game for us and he'd still be nowhere near their first team IMO, and Dablot, who they just bought, can play on the left. If we want him there's a good chance we can get him and I really hope we do

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

He could have scored every game for us and he'd still be nowhere near their first team IMO, and Dablot, who they just bought, can play on the left. If we want him there's a good chance we can get him and I really hope we do

They'll give him a chance I think. They've spent years developing him and they've hung into him into his 20's, so it may be that he could feature in friendlies. Of course, they might want to test him at a higher level on loan or want a fee for him from a Championship club.

Would love to get him back, would be a major piece of the jigsaw.

3 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Does anyone know what's happening with Naismith? From what I've read, Norwich don't want to keep him. Are they holding out for a fee? Have we been blown out the water in terms of wages? Does he have offers on the table from elsewhere? 

Or is it going to be one of those that rumbles on into late August? 

No idea.  I doubt Norwich will be holding out for a fee, he's on big wages and surplus to requirements so they will be happy to get him off the wage bill.  He could sit there for another year and take his wages, so he's maybe looking for Norwich to offer him a pay off to go now.  By all accounts he wants to settle back in Scotland, so apart from the old firm, we can probably match the wages any other club would offer and he seems to be happy here.  I expect any delay in getting him signed is down to his negotiating a release from Norwich, but all supposition on my part, not at all ITK.

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

No idea.  I doubt Norwich will be holding out for a fee, he's on big wages and surplus to requirements so they will be happy to get him off the wage bill.  He could sit there for another year and take his wages, so he's maybe looking for Norwich to offer him a pay off to go now.  By all accounts he wants to settle back in Scotland, so apart from the old firm, we can probably match the wages any other club would offer and he seems to be happy here.  I expect any delay in getting him signed is down to his negotiating a release from Norwich, but all supposition on my part, not at all ITK.

I think your spot on RobNox

A bit underwhelmed so far, not judging the signings too early but no one in the ilk of Naismith, Berra, Laff etc brought in. Hopefully Naismith resigns and we can do deals for Milinkovic and Mitchell, if so I think we’ll be good to go. 

20 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Any news on any incomings?

Nobody has a clue I'm afraid, not even the ITK's. 

Another 3 or 4 to come in. Few names doing the rounds but won't be passing on. I'd be very happy with two of the 4. The other 2 i dont know much about.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Another 3 or 4 to come in. Few names doing the rounds but won't be passing on. I'd be very happy with two of the 4. The other 2 i dont know much about.

Will you say what positions daza? 

10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Naismith and Mitchell along with an unknown keeper and an unknown replacement for Milinkovic? Would add up

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Hearing djoum one of the ones we actively trying to punt daz! You heard this also?

27 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

3 or 4 outfield players or does that figure include a goalkeeper too?

Cruyff Turn

Im guessing that Naismith won't be one?

Vanecek seems likely. 

A left back and keeper seem certainties at some point.

Considering we tried to get Skinny then I'd guess the other is Roberts or another winger? 

Absolute Scenes

Really hope charlie adam oris Darren fletcher is one of them...but doubt it as I feel our central midfield is covered now (we have about 5 central midfielders now I think?)

Unless Daza could confirm...:whistling:

48 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearing djoum one of the ones we actively trying to punt daz! You heard this also?

Seems sensible - he's probably one of the higher earners and not done anything of note for us for past 2 seasons.  

Edited by Jambo92

SuperstarSteve

Milinkovic, Naismith and Mitchell are the 3 I’d say we are missing at the moment, all three are proven quality at this level.

With milinkovic a no go now, if we can’t get Mitchell and Naismith over the line, or another 2 players that are proven quality as replacements, I don’t expect to be challenging for 3rd/4th, now that’s not to say it isn’t possible to challenge, I just won’t expect to.

We we have plenty competition and the squad is a lot more balanced than last year, but I feel we need 2/3 proven quality players in the door before we are ready to be firing on all cylinders. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Milinkovic, Naismith and Mitchell are the 3 I’d say we are missing at the moment, all three are proven quality at this level.

With milinkovic a no go now, if we can’t get Mitchell and Naismith over the line, or another 2 players that are proven quality as replacements, I don’t expect to be challenging for 3rd/4th, now that’s not to say it isn’t possible to challenge, I just won’t expect to.

We we have plenty competition and the squad is a lot more balanced than last year, but I feel we need 2/3 proven quality players in the door before we are ready to be firing on all cylinders. 

SPOT ON

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Anything imminent??

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Who’s going to buy an injured player? 

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

I'll take a DM Daz 

So that when the news breaks I can divulge only then that you did actually where ITK 

2 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So that when the news breaks I can divulge only then that you did actually where ITK 

:interehjrling:

Post in Italian website

http://www.parmalive.com/mercato/aumenta-la-concorrenza-per-henderson-dalla-scozia-bussano-gli-hearts-139015

Using Google translate

The Scottish historic Heart of Midlothian would like to bring Liam Henderson back home. According to TuttoCalcioPuglia.com, the dynamic '96 class midfielder could return to Scotland. The final decision, however, will be up to the Bari, owner of the card, asking for a million euros to let it go, with Parma and Bologna remaining at the window.

Must be out of our price range and salary scale ?

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Of the list of 4 how many were here last year? No names needed. :)

rudi must stay
26 minutes ago, jambodavie said:

Post in Italian website

http://www.parmalive.com/mercato/aumenta-la-concorrenza-per-henderson-dalla-scozia-bussano-gli-hearts-139015

Using Google translate

The Scottish historic Heart of Midlothian would like to bring Liam Henderson back home. According to TuttoCalcioPuglia.com, the dynamic '96 class midfielder could return to Scotland. The final decision, however, will be up to the Bari, owner of the card, asking for a million euros to let it go, with Parma and Bologna remaining at the window.

Must be out of our price range and salary scale ?

No chance. He's a big hibee as well

Finlay James
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So is Steven MacLean 

Steven grew up a hibby but he's been a Rangers fan for years

Finlay James
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No chance. He's a big hibee as well

I always thought Henderson was a jambo?  Didn't he play for us as a kid?

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I always thought Henderson was a jambo?  Didn't he play for us as a kid?

Pretty sure he's a hibee. Made sure he got his loan move to them and he couldn't have been happier when they got the winner in the cup, plus he was desperate to return for the season after. But I'm not in the know