So who's next then

wanderer

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, HughJarsole said:

Anyone heard anything about Cummings signing for us? Few hibs boys in the pub saying they’ve heard he’s coming to us? Just pure rumours like, just seeing if anyone else heard anything? 

Would say there's no chance of that 

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

HughJarsole
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would say there's no chance of that 

Hahaha had a feeling he was talking shite -

told me his name was Leith from Leith ??

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I think that’s what Ali Crawford would have brought. However our budget must be bursting at mo so I suppose we need to get rid of a few before adding again

You think Ali Crawford's a tough tackling ball winner??

I know it's all subjective and that but bugger me, that's like saying Harry Maguire's a tricky winger!

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Henroddy said:

cant see us signing yet another striker. Certainly not before we offload a few who wont be playing

McLean?

;)

Our squad generally looks pretty good. We have to be looking at some wingers though. Current squad looks solid enough but I think there is a big missing piece between midfield & our strikers which would ultimately lead to us being exactly the same as last year in that we will struggle to score enough goals and finish games off. 

29 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

Our squad generally looks pretty good. We have to be looking at some wingers though. Current squad looks solid enough but I think there is a big missing piece between midfield & our strikers which would ultimately lead to us being exactly the same as last year in that we will struggle to score enough goals and finish games off. 

Naismith?

13 hours ago, poultry said:

He's from there isn't he ?

Yeah, went to school in dingwall. Think his old man played for county too. Couple of mates are county fans and they've heard this rumour too. 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

McLean?

;)

Think MacLean will play a lot more than most people expect. Very consistent player who Levein rates highly.

18 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Naismith?

We had Naismith last year and still struggled to finish teams off. We need more than just Naismith to connect & create between midfield and our strikers. A lot more than just Naismith. 

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think Olly Lee will help with going forward and even getting on the scoresheet himself.

I think he will add goals and prove to be our best signing actually but if we have no proper width again this season we are asking for serious trouble. (By all accounts though - Levein seems to have that in mind)

36 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Anyone any idea who our scouts were looking at during the Glenavon v Molde friendly in midweek?

Ole Gunnar Solskjær? 

Cruyff Turn
40 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Anyone any idea who our scouts were looking at during the Glenavon v Molde friendly in midweek?

Erling Haaland

57 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not ITK but its someone called linde

WoodenHertz
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Erling Haaland

Man Utd were there to scout him and Juventus have reportedly had a bid of around 5million euros already rejected for him so I can almost certainly say we won't sign him.

58 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Not ITK but its someone called linde

Do you mean their goalie Andreas Linde? 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

whoever was the tallest most physical player

26 minutes ago, WoodenHertz said:

Man Utd were there to scout him and Juventus have reportedly had a bid of around 5million euros already rejected for him so I can almost certainly say we won't sign him.

Would fit the normal profile - capped at all youth levels for Sweden  and 6ft 5in

WoodenHertz
8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Would fit the normal profile - capped at all youth levels for Sweden  and 6ft 5in

Could be an interesting signing if true, he's also got a full cap to add to that! 

Just now, WoodenHertz said:

Could be an interesting signing if true, he's also got a full cap to add to that! 

Only 24 too. I would think he would be our first choice if coming.

1 hour ago, WoodenHertz said:

Yes and that's all I can say ;)

• 2 weeks later...
rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

No rumours flying about just now at all? 

That's your lot probably. Till Vanecek signs

A while back on this or maybe another thread, one of the seemingly ITK types that frequent JKB suggested we were lining up quite a coup, who was potentially likely to sign around the start of August. I still hold out, likely fanciful, hope that this might come to fruition. With the LC registration debacle, ticket sales trailing Hubz and patchy form in games and friendlies thus far it’d be good to reignite the feelfood factor ahead of season starting proper. 

Fingers crossed 

Get rid of some dross then hopefully sign actual proven quality towards the end of the window.  

I expect to see a few leaving before any more incomers, we are still working on the "bigger than naismith" deal i talked about. I did however say IF this did happen it's likely to go down to the wire. (I.e - end of window)

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

I expect to see a few leaving before any more incomers, we are still working on the "bigger than naismith" deal i talked about. I did however say IF this did happen it's likely to go down to the wire. (I.e - end of window)

Might have missed clarification from yourself on this, but was Sean Clare the “bigger than Naismith” deal? Regardless of whether it was or was not, have you any update? 

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Might have missed clarification from yourself on this, but was Sean Clare the “bigger than Naismith” deal? Regardless of whether it was or was not, have you any update? 

No it wouldn't be Clare. Bigger, just from his wording

23 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Any idea on who’s going? I’m guessing Callaghan is one? I seen he was playing in the reserves game vs tynie at the weekend. 

Pox Doctor's Clerk

Cowie, Callachan, Liam Smith and Zanatta all moving on would be probable together with offering Martin an incentive to go 

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

That's your lot probably. Till Vanecek signs

I would have thought we will go back to Man U after their pre-season tour to at least enquire about the availability of Mitchell on loan, assuming he doesn't get sold in the meantime. That is effectively the process and timeline that was outlined back at the end of last season so no reason to assume it has changed.

I'd expect a lot of movement of youth players out on loan, but probably not until mid/late August when it becomes clearer who is likely to get significant game time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Good work Daz, same source as your Naismith exclusive? Sit back and wait for August 31st, not long now :)

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

I’m liking info daza, looking forward to seeing how it plays out.  Any hints at position to send kickback into meltdown trying to guess who? Haha

45 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No it wouldn't be Clare. Bigger, just from his wording

Would hope so. Only sought clarification because of something Daz said when the possibility of signing Clare was first discussed.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, RDSK said:

Would hope so. Only sought clarification because of something Daz said when the possibility of signing Clare was first discussed.

Internationalist with plenty of caps IMO

45 minutes ago, Pox Doctor's Clerk said:

Cowie, Callachan, Liam Smith and Zanatta all moving on would be probable together with offering Martin an incentive to go 

Hopefully Liam Smith is staying.

Pox Doctor's Clerk
18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Need a big clear out, also not entirely convinced we have covered nearly all bases. 

Midfield looks varying shades of worrying. For Lee and Bozanic to be so ineffective against Raith was an eye opener 

I hope I'm wrong but I'll be amazed if both see out 2 years and 3 years respectively 

Pox Doctor's Clerk
38 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Hopefully Liam Smith is staying.

To play where and instead of who?

10 minutes ago, Pox Doctor's Clerk said:

To play where and instead of who?

People are clamouring for a 4 at the back and if that happens I suspect CL will want a strong DM in front of them.  Options would be 1 of Souttar/ Haring moving forward (probably the latter) or L Smith at RB with his namesake as DM.

That said I cannot see him moving from 3 at the back any time soon.

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Thanks. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check, all the while holding out hope that this could and I stress could be quite exciting.

As others have said, appreciate your contribution in here. 

Pox Doctor's Clerk
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

People are clamouring for a 4 at the back and if that happens I suspect CL will want a strong DM in front of them.  Options would be 1 of Souttar/ Haring moving forward (probably the latter) or L Smith at RB with his namesake as DM.

That said I cannot see him moving from 3 at the back any time soon.

Hopefully he does as 3 at the back doesn't work for us and we haven't got personnel to implement it effectively 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Pox Doctor's Clerk said:

Midfield looks varying shades of worrying. For Lee and Bozanic to be so ineffective against Raith was an eye opener 

I hope I'm wrong but I'll be amazed if both see out 2 years and 3 years respectively 

The pitch was pretty shit tbf and they may take a few games to get used to the physicality & pace of things, but they looked a bit lost. I'm pretty positive both will be good players for us in the long term but aren't perhaps the type of players you'd want alongside you in the trenches. 

Central midfield wouldn't be my biggest concern at the moment personally, we've got guys we know who can step up if others can't do the business. Maybe lacking a ball winner though.

Wingbacks on both sides, no replacement yet for Demitri, no one on the right side who can play that role. The only two right sided players who can both attack, defend,have pace and are comfortable on the ball are long term injuries and only 19/20 years old.

Playing Berra on the left on the 3 when he's not and never has been a ball playing centerhalf, perhaps moving Haring to the left solves this but he's not a naturally left sided player. 

No replacement for Milinkovic.

I'd be bursting a guy to bring in vanecek now. Can't afford for Lafferty to down tools this year.

Still toiling in those positions for me.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Pox Doctor's Clerk
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The pitch was pretty shit tbf and they may take a few games to get used to the physicality & pace of things, but they looked a bit lost. I'm pretty positive both will be good players for us in the long term but aren't perhaps the type of players you'd want alongside you in the trenches. 

Central midfield wouldn't be my biggest concern at the moment personally, we've got guys we know who can step up if others can't do the business. Maybe lacking a ball winner though.

Wingbacks on both sides, no replacement yet for Demitri, no one on the right side who can play that role. The only two right sided players who can both attack, defend,have pace and are comfortable on the ball are long term injuries and only 19/20 years old.

Playing Berra on the left on the 3 when he's not and never has been a ball playing centerhalf, perhaps moving Haring to the left solves this but he's not a naturally left sided player. 

No replacement for Milinkovic.

I'd be bursting a guy to bring in vanecek now. Can't afford for Lafferty to down tools this year.

Still toiling in those positions for me.

Could not agree more re Berra. Not and never has or will be his game and not playing to his strengths. I know he approached CL on more than one occasion last season about the tactical approach 

It's concerning that we have added huge numbers yet appear possibly weaker in first 11 terms than last season when we were almost 20 points off top 4. We needed quality to bridge that gap and I'm not sure we have done that 

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, Pox Doctor's Clerk said:

Could not agree more re Berra. Not and never has or will be his game and not playing to his strengths. I know he approached CL on more than one occasion last season about the tactical approach 

It's concerning that we have added huge numbers yet appear possibly weaker in first 11 terms than last season when we were almost 20 points off top 4. We needed quality to bridge that gap and I'm not sure we have done that 

We'll just need to wait another half dozen games and especially the first few league games to see where we really are for quality. Ive got the same fears but we need to give it a chance to settle and find the best blended starting 11.

Ive a feeling he may ditch the 3-5-2 as the default and go back to something like 4-2-3-1 and variations that start with a back 4. Its clear by now surely that its not really suiting us to play that system.

I do think we're not finished in the transfer market and we'll see at least 2 more in (quality hopefully) and at least half a dozen fringe players out, either released or on loan, and maybe one or two who aren't fringe.