So who's next then

wanderer

Rocky jamboa

If you look at the world cup, the getting to the byeline style winger seems to almost be non existent and replaced by wing backs. 

Possibly a natural winger therefore isn't on Craig's wish list and we'll be using wing backs for width?  

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

Godinho looks like he could develop enough to be either a WB or FB.

if we’ve got 4 potential starters at RB, at least one of them will have to be smart enough to be staying back for a few hours practicing crosses every day.  Use Jon Daly as a target to make sure it gets noticed. 

Doesn't look good for Amankwaa.  There were reports that he had toiled during pre-season and the meagre amount of minutes he's had in the friendlies thus far suggests he is very well down the pecking order.

Captain Canada
46 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

It may sound harsh and I’m basing this purely on the 60-odd mins he was on the park on Sunday, but I’d be surprised if Silva was signed as backup keeper. Competition for Mason in the reserves and see how he does perhaps but thought he looked shaky at the goal and doesn’t appear very dominant or vocal whatsoever. 

I agree. I'd be happy to sign him to compete with Mason and see how he develops in the next year. I didn't view him as a reliable first team back-up though. I saw CL have a chat with him when he got subbed on Sunday and there were obviously a couple of points he was keen to get across. 

Edited by Captain Canada

14 minutes ago, CMc said:

Godinho looks like he could develop enough to be either a WB or FB.

if we’ve got 4 potential starters at RB, at least one of them will have to be smart enough to be staying back for a few hours practicing crosses every day.  Use Jon Daly as a target to make sure it gets noticed. 

Godinho is a player I would consist of next season because the laddie is a talent.  Probably underrated in comparison with Harry and Anthony too but the boy has got it. 

10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Doesn't look good for Amankwaa.  There were reports that he had toiled during pre-season and the meagre amount of minutes he's had in the friendlies thus far suggests he is very well down the pecking order.

Smash a YouTube vid together and loan him to Csaba. 

32 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Levein may hang fire just now, try and get rid of some deadwood to free up wages and maybe grab a better quality goalie or whatever

I agree.

There may be a lull in transfer activity until nearer the window closing. 

Not that we need another glut of signings but there's also the threat of losing players up til then too. However, the goalie position looks the more crucial area to get sorted just now so we may see another face soon in that department. 

Then later on any more additions after offloading some,  but in the same breath you don't want to wait too long if you have specific targets which other clubs are sniffing around.

21 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That coupled with the fact he has done absolutely nothing since he signed on in January.

2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

That coupled with the fact he has done absolutely nothing since he signed on in January.

Very true, I was hopeful he might kick on with the benefit of a pre-season with us, but it doesn't look that way as the moment.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree.

There may be a lull in transfer activity until nearer the window closing. 

Not that we need another glut of signings but there's also the threat of losing players up til then too. However, the goalie position looks the more crucial area to get sorted just now so we may see another face soon in that department. 

Then later on any more additions after offloading some,  but in the same breath you don't want to wait too long if you have specific targets which other clubs are sniffing around.

yup. We have got the main squad at the moment, but still have just under two months to go till the windows end. The English one closes in a month today. So it can mean players who want to get out of their clubs after it closes have an escape route open. So we could find a few surprising players.

I think we will sign Silva, another goalkeeper (with Mason going out on loan), Mitchell and a winger. With maybe a surprise player who was too good to turn down.

Famous 1874

If we are set on playing 3/5 at the back then arguably we should perhaps  sign another centre half. Currently have 4 for 3 positions. Levein has already said that Zlamal and the back 3 of Souttar, Haring and Berra will be the starting options, so if there was a signing they would be more of a backup option. 

David Vanecek is going to come in at some point- either now if they accept the fee or on a pre contract in January which will leave us with 4 main strikers in Vanecek, Uche, Lafferty and Maclean, with Keena and Currie in behind them who may go on loan somewhere.

We’ll also sign a backup goalkeeper whether it be Silva or somebody else, but I wouldn’t say that’s a priority. 

A left wing back is bound to come in, ideally Demi Mitchell back on loan again. We only have Garuccio who can naturally play there at the moment. We won’t find out if we can get Mitchell back until August so I assume that Levein will have some sort of shortlist of players that are alternatives if we can’t get him. 

I still feel we need some sort of enforcer in the middle of the park. Bozanic and Lee seem more attacking, Naismith will play in behind the strikers and Levein has already said that he will use Edwards in a more advanced role. Also, I hope that Cochrane and Macdonald are both given a good amount of minutes next season, as they both possess a lot of potential.

I’d be surprised if we went for another right wing back as we have 4 players who can play there. Although Brandon and Godinho are both injured for a while. When he is fit i’d start Godinho over the other 3. Smith isn’t good enough attacking wise to play in the wing back and is much more suited to right back in a 4, centre back or centre midfield, maybe Levein fancies Smith as a defensive midfielder? Hope not. 

Edited by Ali Lawrie

Think Smith the elder will be cover for both RCB and fullback. 

Likely start in games where we feel we need extra experience. 

23 minutes ago, CMc said:

Think Smith the elder will be cover for both RCB and fullback. 

Likely start in games where we feel we need extra experience. 

Would be a good option, he can cover both to a good level

19/05/2012
18 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Has Hughes not re signed? Hasn’t played yet.  

Pretty sure he was given extended summer due to playing with Northern Ireland over the summer

Has anyone at all heard anything about an old Livi player that we are trying to get?  

No danger I’m putting it out there.  If there was any possibility then some others would hear rumours.  

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Pretty sure he was given extended summer due to playing with Northern Ireland over the summer

After playing for NI Hughes decided to carry on for a year. 

Can't  think of any old Livi players that woudl interest us? Time for the kickback detectives to get to work.

7 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Can't  think of any old Livi players that woudl interest us? Time for the kickback detectives to get to work.

:robbo: this guy!!?? ::troll::

maroonplatoon87
5 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Snodgrass. Doubtful but can’t think of any other ex livi player that fit the bill.

I'll go for Wes Hoolahan

Edited by maroonplatoon87

14 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

No danger I’m putting it out there.  If there was any possibility then some others would hear rumours.  

Why wouldn’t you mate? What’s the worst that can happen? Folk on here saying “nonsense” , “Hibee in disguise” etc..........it’s a forum where rumors and hearsay make it tick. I’m never ITK but if I did hear something I wouldn’t hesitate to put it up. If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

SuperstarSteve
1 minute ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Griffiths 

Ex hibee. Still, I don’t see either Happening. 

chuck berrys hairline

Livi have had some decent sales to teams down south in recent seasons is it one of them? Names obviously escape me

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I think you’ve nailed it.

Surely not. He’s 36/37...........saying that we’ve got Cowie and Hughes.

10 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Just turned 36.

He’d still be a good addition though if that was right

Griffith's future is interesting.  Doubt if he'll be prepared to play 2nd fiddle for much longer.  My guess is that he'll be at a premiership club this time next year.

Wes Hoolahan would be a really good addition to our team despite his age

he's not a winger really, more an attacking midfielder which we have a few of at the minute so I'm not so sure that we'd have room

Escobar PHM
55 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Danny Denholm now at Arbroath I believe ?. We've looked at him a few times in the last 2 years. Winger who can also play up front. Scores goals at that level. Pretty quick. Lifelong Hearts fan too.

4 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

Heard that Nikita Jelavić was spotted entering the oriam today with his representatives.

Only 32 ? feels like he’s been around since the 80s ? not sure hes ex Livi though ??

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

Heard that Nikita Jelavić was spotted entering the oriam today with his representatives.

I like rumours and this is an interesting one. No chance though

Alex Kintner

Possible ex-Livi players;

Rafael Da Vita

Graeme Dorrans

Stefan Scougall

Tony Andreu

Mark mcNulty

Andy Halliday

Murray Davidson

Robert Snodgrass

Wes Hoolihan

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Rafael Da Vita

Graeme Dorrans

Stefan Scougall

Tony Andreu

Mark mcNulty

Andy Halliday

Murray Davidson

Robert Snodgrass

Wes Hoolihan

You could pop Andreu on the wing no trouble. Would be a punt but could be an excellent one

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

You could pop Andreu on the wing no trouble. Would be a punt but could be an excellent one

Recovering from cruciate ligament injury by the sounds of it

15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Danny Denholm now at Arbroath I believe ?. We've looked at him a few times in the last 2 years. Winger who can also play up front. Scores goals at that level. Pretty quick. Lifelong Hearts fan too.

He's got a decent record for a winger tbf, 11 goals and 6 assists in league one last season, he's 27 though so he'd need to adapt pretty quickly if he was to have any chance 

2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Rafael Da Vita

Graeme Dorrans

Stefan Scougall

Tony Andreu

Mark mcNulty

Andy Halliday

Murray Davidson

Robert Snodgrass

Wes Hoolihan

Can we sign davidson to stop him scoring against us....

Snodgrass would fill a need but sure hes not out the picture at West Ham of all those Hoolihan makes most sense

rudi must stay

Hoolihan then. Makes sense that rumour having just brought in Steven Naismith, might well have been asked. He is a clever player, seen enough to suggest he'd do well for us

2 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Wouldn't mind Marc McNulty tbh, cracking wee player who'd tear this league apart

Has he not just signed for Reading

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Has he not just signed for Reading

Didn't even realise mate thought he was still at Coventry ?

maroonplatoon87
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I think you’ve nailed it.

Purely an educated guess, played out wide a lot for Norwich and knew he'd been released. Ex teammate of Naismith and fits the mould of an older signing i.e. Cowie and Hughes to mix with the younger players 

rudi must stay
58 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Griffith's future is interesting.  Doubt if he'll be prepared to play 2nd fiddle for much longer.  My guess is that he'll be at a premiership club this time next year.

One of the few things Rodgers has got wrong. Dembele and Osmanne can do no wrong, but he never starts and when he does you get the feeling hes on a leash. I think he could well end up across the city

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

One of the few things Rodgers has got wrong. Dembele and Osmanne can do no wrong, but he never starts and when he does you get the feeling hes on a leash. I think he could well end up across the city

Know what you mean but surely he's far too good for that.

I would have thought a club like Leicester or Everton or maybe Villa.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Know what you mean but surely he's far too good for that.

I would have thought a club like Leicester or Everton or maybe Villa.

Ye Villa's a possibility. I think to get in the EPL he'd need to get there via promotion.