• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

Ibrahim Tall
11 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Rob Green signing for Chelsea :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Takes the Ross Turnbull/Stuart Taylor etc role. He's 3rd choice, "home grown" and he'll never play.

Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

Takes the Ross Turnbull/Stuart Taylor etc role. He's 3rd choice, "home grown" and he'll never play.

It's still quite funny though!  Injury crisis and it's flashbacks to about 15 years ago. 

On 24/07/2018 at 09:37, Jambo92 said:

Thierry Henry next Villa manager - slightly strange one

When did Steve Bruce get the sack?

Wolves signed a Left back from Atleti Madrid 

barry douglas apparently off to Leeds for £5m 

great signing for Leeds but disappointed for Douglas as thought he deserved the step up and certainly got the ability 

Fulham announce signing of Andre Schurrle from Dortmund on 2 year loan deal..german international and 27 years of age..used to be at Chelsea for a while

Sexton Hardcastle

Harry Macguire for 65m after some half decent games against awful World Cup opposition.

Insane but that’s the price of home grown ‘talent’.

rudi must stay

Inter start talks with Real Madrid about signing Luka Modric. Would be a great bit of business that. Just signed Vrsaljko on the back of a good world cup too

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Inter start talks with Real Madrid about signing Luka Modric. Would be a great bit of business that. Just signed Vrsaljko on the back of a good world cup too

Serie A making a come back this season? :pleasing:

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Hibs to sign Jamie MacLaren again

Good signing for them, they have kept the forward line from last year that was so effective. 

Not too sure what to make of them, think they are still very strong going forward but losing McGeouch is a blow and if they lose McGinn then their midfield is much worse then last year. Also think their aging defence has been shown up in the euro games. It could be that if you can contain their strikers then they will struggle.

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good signing for them, they have kept the forward line from last year that was so effective. 

Not too sure what to make of them, think they are still very strong going forward but losing McGeouch is a blow and if they lose McGinn then their midfield is much worse then last year. Also think their aging defence has been shown up in the euro games. It could be that if you can contain their strikers then they will struggle.

Ye their defence is old, slow and error prone IMO. McLaren, meh, he's okay good goalscorer but not the best with the ball at his feet

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Marooned In Ireland said:

Kevin McHattie has signed for Kenny Shiels at Derry City

How big are Derry City compared to Raith? His career seems to be in freefall, he was okay when he was with us. I thought he'd probably end up settling at a club like Partick or Hamilton.

5 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

How big are Derry City compared to Raith? His career seems to be in freefall, he was okay when he was with us. I thought he'd probably end up settling at a club like Partick or Hamilton.

He couldn’t defend, which isn’t a huge shock for a wing back nowadays but he really couldn’t defend and was a massive liability.

Remember when he first came on the scene he was rapid and really good going forward, which led to speculation that leeds were looking at him. However I think an injury damaged his pace and his confidence never really recovered.

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Arturo Vidal signed for Barcelona. 

Stole him at the last minute from Inter like they did with Malcom and Roma.

Interesting move. A lot of Barcelona’s signing recently haven’t really fit with their usual style of player. Might be that they’re not getting the same level of superstar that they had been doing from the youth setup. 

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My hobo cousin has been telling me that Stevie Mallan has been great for them in CM and is better than McGeouch.

49 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

My hobo cousin has been telling me that Stevie Mallan has been great for them in CM and is better than McGeouch.

That will be like when we signed struna and people on here said he was better than Paterson

Marooned In Ireland
8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

League of Ireland, a bit below the standard of the SPFL but becoming a little bit more noticeable after Dundalk's exploits in Europe over the last couple of years.

Had to check up Derry City as I know bugger all about them but Kenny Shiels has obviously used his contacts from Scotland - he's signed Dean Shiels, Ally Roy, Darren Cole, Nicky Low, Danny Seaborne and Aaron Splaine - all players with SPFL experience. 

Then I checked up their league standings and they're 5th, some 25 points behind Dundalk. Would have thought that with a collection of lads like that in the side that they'd be doing better in a poor league but there you have it.

Saint Jambo
15 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

See Callachan is being linked to Motherwell in the papers. Possible make weight for Cadden?

Seems unlikely as we've basically said Callachan is free to a good home. His value in that deal would be nil.

I think we've probably missed the boat on Cadden if I'm honest. I think he will be capable of getting a better pay cheque than we can offer when he leaves Motherwell. Apparently Chris Sutton said on BT Sport that Rangers are lining up a bid for him. Not sure I see that either to be honest.

Motherwell would be a very good move for Callachan. Higher level than I was expecting him to get a move to.

rudi must stay

Rondon in a swap deal with Newcastle with Dwight Gayle heading to West Brom. Good deal for both teams but potentially better for Newcastle, excellent target man and striker. I think he's underrated

hmfc_liam06
On 03/08/2018 at 07:52, milky_26 said:

That will be like when we signed struna and people on here said he was better than Paterson

To be fair, Mallan has been sticking out for them.

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Rondon in a swap deal with Newcastle with Dwight Gayle heading to West Brom. Good deal for both teams but potentially better for Newcastle, excellent target man and striker. I think he's underrated

Both are loans Rondon will do well under Benitez

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Seems unlikely as we've basically said Callachan is free to a good home. His value in that deal would be nil.

I think we've probably missed the boat on Cadden if I'm honest. I think he will be capable of getting a better pay cheque than we can offer when he leaves Motherwell. Apparently Chris Sutton said on BT Sport that Rangers are lining up a bid for him. Not sure I see that either to be honest.

Motherwell would be a very good move for Callachan. Higher level than I was expecting him to get a move to.

Mentions looking for a fee for Ross. I agree though, think the ship may have sailed since our last bid. Should test them with 300k and Callachan. Callachan would be a good signing for well I reckon. Scores goals, energy, looks what the well  need from midfield.  

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Both are loans Rondon will do well under Benitez

Ye I think he will. Benitez is an excellent manager who gets the best out of players and seems to have a great eye for talent too. Everton are set to sign Bernard on a free, could be a great sign in Silva's new very adventurous Everton side

Saint Jambo
9 minutes ago, theshed said:

The guy Barker hibs had on loan last year just joined Preston North End 

That's a shame. Hibs fans were still hoping to get him again and at one point Rangers were supposedly interested.

And to prove that you should never use players social media activity as a basis for news stories, this from just 3 days ago...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/brandon-barker-hints-at-hibs-return-with-cryptic-instagram-post-1-4778833

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

londonhibby

Shocker (barker), and Birmingham Live are claiming McGinn fee is £2.1m. Hope that's wrong.

Kevin-Malone-Laugh.gif

Hope the fee is right as it will get it up Celtic and they won’t be in a rush to give hibs Allen if he goes down south especially if the price is true 

On 25/07/2018 at 22:19, Bozi said:

Moutinho must have a very understanding wife, Lisbon, Porto, Monaco..... Wolverhampton 

I''m sure they could find a nice place in Shropshire or similar. Great signing for Wolves!

Spurs offer £25 million for Grealish of Aston Villa

The transfer market craziness once more for a player who has really not achieved much ?.........or a young talent ready to make the grade at a higher level ?

Famous 1874
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The transfer market craziness once more for a player who has really not achieved much ?.........or a young talent ready to make the grade at a higher level ?

Probably quite a decent purchase for the price. Adds another English player to the quota required for Champions League squads and can be backup for Eriksen and Dele

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Ye, heard this rumour a while ago and I was really surprised. He is a talent but he seems hot headed and way overrated. This is the market Tottenham have to shop in due to Daniel Levy and I think it's stopping them closing the gap

Unknown user
On 03/08/2018 at 06:37, Mr Rabbit said:

He couldn’t defend, which isn’t a huge shock for a wing back nowadays but he really couldn’t defend and was a massive liability.

Remember when he first came on the scene he was rapid and really good going forward, which led to speculation that leeds were looking at him. However I think an injury damaged his pace and his confidence never really recovered.

That's a nice way of saying Kenny Miller broke him.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

That's a nice way of saying Kenny Miller broke him.

:laugh: i actually forgot it was him.

Pretty sure there was a couple of disgusting challenges in that game which should have been reds (mcculloch?). But supposedly Rangers have been getting done out of decisions for years... so must have been a one off. 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

:laugh: i actually forgot it was him.

Pretty sure there was a couple of disgusting challenges in that game which should have been reds (mcculloch?). But supposedly Rangers have been getting done out of decisions for years... so must have been a one off. 

Iirc rangers did get a red but it was for a fringe player and one of their less despicable tackles that day

Ryan Jarman
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Iirc rangers did get a red but it was for a fringe player and one of their less despicable tackles that day

Correct, some boy called Smith I think. Miller & Boyd's 'tackles' were much worse. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Correct, some boy called Smith I think. Miller & Boyd's 'tackles' were much worse. 

The Miller challenge was disgusting!

Was this the same game as McGregors stamp on one of our players

3 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

The Miller challenge was disgusting!

Was this the same game as McGregors stamp on one of our players

McGregor's stamp was in September 2007 on Calum Elliot. The Miller challenge on McHattie was in November 2014.

That Miller challenge was a disgrace and genuinely ruined any chance the lad had at making a good career for himself

Lots of challenges for clubs. Be notable how the top English clubs end up tomorrow. 

Tottenham maybe finding their financial limitations could start to hurt them. 

Grealish deal in balance too. Zaha as well bids rejected. 

Famous 1874

Hibs in talks with Bournemouth about a loan deal for Emerson Hyndman. Scored against us in the 4-1 pumping last February. Don’t think he got great reviews by Rangers fans.