***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 hours ago, Hogan3012 said:

Apparently trying to get jimmy dunne a young centre back on loan from Burnley.

One of our current squad has experience of playing against him last season in a month Dunne was nominated for League 2 player of the month in February...

'On-loan Burnley defender Jimmy Dunne started every game in February, as Stanley kept three clean sheets. The 20-year-old, in his first spell in the Football League, has been praised for his handling of in-form Coventry forward Marc McNulty, Barnet’s John Akinde and Uche Ikpeazu of Cambridge United. '

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

The Internet
6 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Good signing

we should have signed him

You say this about every player any other team signs. Literally every one. Zero exceptions. 

24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hearing mckenna is away to celtic for 2 million plus Christie and Allen. 

Hibs fans will be furious. 

Allan isn't up to much however Christie is a talented player, the boy McKenna has only had one good season and could easily be a flash in the pan, not guaranteed to be good business for Celtic and and not convinced that they haven't been slowly decreasing in quality 

Holyrood_Hearts
On 19/08/2018 at 23:52, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Good signing

we should have signed him

Why? What does he offer? 

indianajones
58 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Allan isn't up to much however Christie is a talented player, the boy McKenna has only had one good season and could easily be a flash in the pan, not guaranteed to be good business for Celtic and and not convinced that they haven't been slowly decreasing in quality 

I agree. 

I think Souttar is the better player although Aberdeen fans will tell you differently. 

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I agree. 

I think Souttar is the better player although Aberdeen fans will tell you differently. 

He's looked murder any time I've seen him.

The semi final against Motherwell and the game at Tynie when we beat them 2-0 spring to mind.

Didn't look too clever at Burnley either.

The Old Tolbooth

That sounds like a hell of a deal for Aberdeen, Chrystie and Allan plus £2M, Hibs will be absolutely raging at that one :lol: 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Terrific deal for Aberdeen.

Christie is a good player and Allan while average in my eyes will give them decent depth in midfield.

The 2m will let them get a decent defender in as well so they won't be weakened in defence either.

McKenna going by the looks of things and Shinnie running his contract down to leave on a free next summer as he will sign a pre contract somewhere in January. Not ideal for Aberdeen but if they can get a decent fee + Allan and Christie then they have done pretty well but will still have a gap at centre half

Not sure about McKenna. He’s played 33 games for Aberdeen so not really enough time to say how decent he really is. 

We were probably still thinking Stephen Simmons was a decent player after 33 games!

Souttar has 130 games for Dundee Utd and Hearts and is a far more accomplished footballer for it. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure about McKenna. He’s played 33 games for Aberdeen so not really enough time to say how decent he really is. 

We were probably still thinking Stephen Simmons was a decent player after 33 games!

Souttar has 130 games for Dundee Utd and Hearts and is a far more accomplished footballer for it. 

Certainly hasn't impressed for Scotland. Nothing but a long ball footballer with no imagination

Edited by rudi must stay

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Superb McKenna and Hendry back two, bring them on again ???

McKenna is out

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Terrific deal for Aberdeen.

Christie is a good player and Allan while average in my eyes will give them decent depth in midfield.

The 2m will let them get a decent defender in as well so they won't be weakened in defence either.

Not bad for Celtic either. 2 driftwood away problem position bolstered. 

Can't see it though McInnes reckons he will sell him to English Premier for 10 million plus

Edited by Sir Gio

indianajones
13 hours ago, indianajones said:

3.5 million bid rejected. 

Wtf is going on?! Soapy must be valued around 10 million now surely?! 

...a bit disco
47 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"He is well known to Jambos coach Austin MacPhee from his Northern Ireland involvement and would team up with countryman Aaron Hughes"

Completely ignoring the fact that we have 2 other NI internationalists currently playing for us...just shows the pathetic standard of sports 'journalism' in that rag.

chester copperpot

Celtic have made a monumental mistake with Hendry. He is utter manure.

McKenna would be a decent signing for them though 

21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

When they signed Hendry I just assumed he would be a bench player. He is wonderfully out of his depth at CL level. 

Captain Canada

I wonder if we'll sell or loan out any more fringe players before next Friday.

Callachan and Martin are the two obvious ones. And I doubt anyone will take Amankwaa off our hands! 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
15 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Mckenna, is hardly proven bags of potential but I mean they made the same mistake with Hendry. I’m just glad they haven’t went for Souttar, 

because in my opinion he’s a far better option.

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I wonder if we'll sell or loan out any more fringe players before next Friday.

Callachan and Martin are the two obvious ones. And I doubt anyone will take Amankwaa off our hands! 

Amankwaa could definatly go. Nowhere near the squad. 

Rangers spending again on an Albanian winger

Rangers are closing in on the signing of Albanian winger Eros Grezda for a fee of around £2 million

Kilmarnock look like resigning a player they had on loan last season

The newspaper claims online that the 23-year-old has already been in training with the Scottish Premiership club after being deemed as surplus to requirements at Villa Park.

Tshibola, who cost Villa £5million two years ago and has made just 10 appearances for the West Midlands club since, spent the second half of last season on loan at Kilmarnock

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Rangers spending again on an Albanian winger

Rangers are closing in on the signing of Albanian winger Eros Grezda for a fee of around £2 million

Kilmarnock look like resigning a player they had on loan last season

The newspaper claims online that the 23-year-old has already been in training with the Scottish Premiership club after being deemed as surplus to requirements at Villa Park.

Tshibola, who cost Villa £5million two years ago and has made just 10 appearances for the West Midlands club since, spent the second half of last season on loan at Kilmarnock

If Tshibola hits anything near his potential I’m just glad we don’t have to play them for a bit. You never want to see your competitors strengthen but it’s good to see quality start coming to the Scottish Premiership and not just to the usual two.

10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Tshibola hits anything near his potential I’m just glad we don’t have to play them for a bit. You never want to see your competitors strengthen but it’s good to see quality start coming to the Scottish Premiership and not just to the usual two.

Killie also have Robbie Muirhead training with them and apparently set to sign along with Tshibola. 

9 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Killie also have Robbie Muirhead training with them and apparently set to sign along with Tshibola. 

Check out @BarryAnderson_’s Tweet:

Killie building a good side now. Should be comfortably top six. 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Manny1874 said:

Check out @BarryAnderson_’s Tweet:

Killie building a good side now. Should be comfortably top six. 

Apparently set to add Robbie Muirhead & Aaron Tshibola as well this week as both have been training with them again

Greg Stewart signs for Killie on season long loan as per the BBC.

Just noticed this had already been posted.

Edited by Martin_T

Striker Robbie Muirhead and Aaron Tshibola have been training with Kilmarnock and are poised to rejoin the Scottish Premiership club. Muirhead is contracted to MK Dons until June 2019, while Tshibola is surplus to requirements at Aston Villa, despite costing them £5m two years ago. 

20 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The Sun are saying Ryan Gauld might be going to Aberdeen on loan.

I reckon we have been alerted of this aswell and will be in for him too.

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We’ve had previous interest but we just can’t keep signing midfielders

Edited by Ali Lawrie

The Internet

Real Madrid sign Mariano for £30m a year after selling him to Lyon for £8m. Lyon looking to replace him with Dembele from Celtic. 

7 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

We’ve had previous interest but we just can’t keep signing midfielders

Gauld would be good. We would be able to push Naismith to striking roll. Gauld can play central or wide left. The left midfielder we have been after.

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Gauld would be good. We would be able to push Naismith to striking roll. Gauld can play central or wide left. The left midfielder we have been after.

:notsure:

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Be disappointed if he comes back to Scotland and it isn't us

The Internet

Wonder if Gauld is doomed to just be linked with moves back to Scotland every summer for the rest of time. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wonder if Gauld is doomed to just be linked with moves back to Scotland every summer for the rest of time. 

The last twice I have watched him he has been poor and wonder what the fuss is about.