Jump to content
kila

Hybrid Pitch

Recommended Posts

J80MBO
26 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

It's not a £1m pitch the 1m includes new drainage and undersoil heating. I take it people like throwing out the 1m figure to add drama to their posts?

Great post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
campbell

From the studio box it looks in good condition, surely closer up it won’t quite look as good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharky999
1 minute ago, campbell said:

From the studio box it looks in good condition, surely closer up it won’t quite look as good 

Agree with your first sentence!!!

hopefully close up it also looks good

Edited by Sharky999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

From the studio box it looks in good condition, surely closer up it won’t quite look as good 

 

Let's hope so, can't have it improving or this thread dies.

Well I suppose the "we demand answers" bit will carry on for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheOak88

If it rains it is going to be like the battle of the Somme today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Let's hope so, can't have it improving or this thread dies.

Well I suppose the "we demand answers" bit will carry on for a while.

 

This thread will get bumped in the summer with folk demanding evidence the top was actually skimmed this time :whistling:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila

From Sky Sports this morning. Has it been painted green since yesterday?!

 

 

 

EPM3uhYXUAELGyc?format=jpg&name=medium

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
21 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

 

I would be embarrassed turning up for a Junior game on a pitch like that.

 

 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

If it rains it is going to be like the battle of the Somme today. 

 

:rofl:

 

What a drama queen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin

The pitch right now. 

 

F982A09F-DA9E-4A98-9ADF-7429631CBE41.thumb.jpeg.00752c4cc4ce4fb8605955d73484e590.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, farin said:

 

Wasn't done, should’ve been done. Bad decision making that we’re paying for now. No red herring or conspiracy theory behind this, just bad judgment etc. 👍🏻  

 

Unfortunately, the concert keeps getting thrown in as an excuse for the missed maintenance, where I pointed out there was a 21 day period petween games after the concert. Hence my red herring comment.

 

I am of the opinion that it has been really poor judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
30 minutes ago, kila said:

From Sky Sports this morning. Has it been painted green since yesterday?!

 

 

 

EPM3uhYXUAELGyc?format=jpg&name=medium

 

 

I remember seeing a documentary on the EPL. it was looking back at the 80's, (pre EPL) pitches were  generally grassless mudbaths.

Aston Villa's in particular, a really bad one. They painted the mud green, players interviwed were laughing at it being like a glue once it got all trampled on and mixed in with the mud.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

Unfortunately, the concert keeps getting thrown in as an excuse for the missed maintenance, where I pointed out there was a 21 day period petween games after the concert. Hence my red herring comment.

 

I am of the opinion that it has been really poor judgement.

 

Regardless, it’s done & we have to now get on with it as it is tbh. 

 

40AE1D2F-3442-4CF3-8AC2-42027ABFEE22.thumb.jpeg.5b2f9dea7a950f81165dab58f6f5162d.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade

I thought pitch looked to have improved on Saturday

Not brilliant to look at but good enough to play football on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

Thought it played and looked a fair bit better.. 4 -6 more weeks till the grass starts growing again.. then a refurb in summer.. all good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I thought pitch looked to have improved on Saturday

Not brilliant to look at but good enough to play football on

 

Definitely looked better than the pictures suggested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

The pitch played a blinder yesterday with the Rangers defender slipping on it at Naisy’s goal. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
On 26/01/2020 at 14:12, farin said:

 

Regardless, it’s done & we have to now get on with it as it is tbh. 

 

40AE1D2F-3442-4CF3-8AC2-42027ABFEE22.thumb.jpeg.5b2f9dea7a950f81165dab58f6f5162d.jpeg

 

I've seen it a lot worse at this time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

 

I've seen it a lot worse at this time of year.

 

Spring & more sunlight aren’t far away which will also help greatly tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
primrose

I was speaking to a Celtic fan and they said they had the very same issue with their pitch in its second winter.  (I think ours is from the same supplier.)  They said this winter it has been fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
12 minutes ago, primrose said:

I was speaking to a Celtic fan and they said they had the very same issue with their pitch in its second winter.  (I think ours is from the same supplier.)  They said this winter it has been fine. 

 

The Celtic one had a disease, no surprise there I suppose. ;) 

 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3775754/celtic-park-disease-pitch/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The pitch played a blinder yesterday with the Rangers defender slipping on it at Naisy’s goal. ☺️

And our Sean Clare slipping for the huns goal!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And our Sean Clare slipping for the huns goal!!


There have been no complaints from players though.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


There have been no complaints from players though.......

No. But slips happen on any surface, even immaculate ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzaru
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

No. But slips happen on any surface, even immaculate ones.

Just ask Stevie G!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS
18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The pitch played a blinder yesterday with the Rangers defender slipping on it at Naisy’s goal. ☺️

Heard the ground staff used a pop up sprinkler to trip him up.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I.T.K

So what was issue with pitch?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

Pitch again played fine. 

 

Looks OK, not great tho so some work to be done but it plays flat and is not bobbly. 

 

It's always played OK. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
19 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The pitch played a blinder yesterday with the Rangers defender slipping on it at Naisy’s goal. ☺️

 

 

The Goldson one is giff gold. 

 

Hilarious, proper face first stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pitch again played fine. 

 

Looks OK, not great tho so some work to be done but it plays flat and is not bobbly. 

 

It's always played OK. 

 

 

 

 


So you have said.....and said....and said....😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


So you have said.....and said....and said....😴

 

Ooft, getting pulled up by you for being repetitive.

 

:arf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

Not to be this guy, but the players complain about the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Not to be this guy, but the players complain about the pitch. 

BOOM. You can't put that back in the box!! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing

Plays better than it looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

Ooft, getting pulled up by you for being repetitive.

 

:arf:


Works both ways Tosh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
On 25/01/2020 at 22:56, farin said:

 

There wasn’t enough time between the concert & season start to do it & have a playing surface ready for the next home game. The timing of the concert so close to the new season caused this.. 

The concert was after the first home games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

Looked way better than the Hibs pitch on TV last night. Maybe just the lights but it looked crap and very bare in places ( matched the crowd in that respect. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin

5BCB9356-0B19-4BFC-A8F1-B8C88E445EA4.thumb.jpeg.cbe77aaa0018ca509d395b9d1c2f607c.jpeg

 

£8.99 in the club store. 😀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BelgeJambo
26 minutes ago, farin said:

5BCB9356-0B19-4BFC-A8F1-B8C88E445EA4.thumb.jpeg.cbe77aaa0018ca509d395b9d1c2f607c.jpeg

 

£8.99 in the club store. 😀 

My plot looks grand :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris5115

I see the Scotland Women's team are due to play at Tynecastle on 5th June. No idea but how will this effect the maintenance programme that wasn't carried out last close season due to the concert. Surely this isn't going to be jeopardised again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS

With regards condition it looks far better than Celtic's ( and they have the same pitch ) Can't understand how hard can it be to maintain the grass ( even  in winter ) The whole concept of hybrid is to make the grass roots stronger and with the plastic " shoots" make it look green all year round, and much more hard wearing. Whatever the cause of the poor condition, hopefully it's fixed and we should not see a repeat next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
28 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I see the Scotland Women's team are due to play at Tynecastle on 5th June. No idea but how will this effect the maintenance programme that wasn't carried out last close season due to the concert. Surely this isn't going to be jeopardised again. 

 

But the concert was after the season had already started...

 

Skimming takes a few weeks or so to recover right? League cup will start 7 weeks after the women's game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
On 03/02/2020 at 15:04, farin said:

5BCB9356-0B19-4BFC-A8F1-B8C88E445EA4.thumb.jpeg.cbe77aaa0018ca509d395b9d1c2f607c.jpeg

 

£8.99 in the club store. 😀 


Looks like they’ve done a grand job keeping the grass off the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, kila said:

 

But the concert was after the season had already started...

 

Skimming takes a few weeks or so to recover right? League cup will start 7 weeks after the women's game

 

Let's not start all that again. :Lol:

we proved the concert excuse was not reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

With regards condition it looks far better than Celtic's ( and they have the same pitch ) Can't understand how hard can it be to maintain the grass ( even  in winter ) The whole concept of hybrid is to make the grass roots stronger and with the plastic " shoots" make it look green all year round, and much more hard wearing. Whatever the cause of the poor condition, hopefully it's fixed and we should not see a repeat next season.


I’ve noticed a lot of pitches look in really bad condition currently. Ibrox and the San Siro the last two that stood out as being particularly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

Let's not start all that again. :Lol:

we proved the concert excuse was not reason.

 

 

What an interesting choice of wording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

What an interesting choice of wording.

 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarthVodka
21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:


I’ve noticed a lot of pitches look in really bad condition currently. Ibrox and the San Siro the last two that stood out as being particularly bad.

 

San Siro was always a problem pitch, they used to re-lay it up to 4 times a season just due to the differences in climate in the seasons and high stands affecting natural light getting to it.  This was before hybrid pitches but I guess they still will have issues.

 

The san giro on the other hand, its a shit hole no matter what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
2 hours ago, kila said:

 

But the concert was after the season had already started...

 

Skimming takes a few weeks or so to recover right? League cup will start 7 weeks after the women's game.

 

 

One of the groundsmen moles posted that some off season maintenance wasn't done because it would have been a waste of money given the concert plans. I guessed that was skimming and that while a game or two might not have affected grass growth after skimming covering half the pitch completely for days on end might. And the very different appearances of the two halves after the concert seemed to support that theory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SUTOL
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One of the groundsmen moles posted that some off season maintenance wasn't done because it would have been a waste of money given the concert plans. I guessed that was skimming and that while a game or two might not have affected grass growth after skimming covering half the pitch completely for days on end might. And the very different appearances of the two halves after the concert seemed to support that theory.

 

 

But the pitch was fine a couple of weeks after that, and was in great condition till, I think, about the end of October.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...