Hybrid Pitch

kila

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Epidemic in some top flight pitches at the moment. Don't like saying it but the piggery looked in decent nick last night from the highlights on the BBC. I was told Ibroke is only part Hybrid with the rest  being natural surface. Not too sure what areas tho. 

the 18 yard box is hybrid

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Epidemic in some top flight pitches at the moment. Don't like saying it but the piggery looked in decent nick last night from the highlights on the BBC. I was told Ibroke is only part Hybrid with the rest  being natural surface. Not too sure what areas tho. 

Natural between the boxes I think. 

Watched MOTD last night and Evertons pitch looked very similar to ours in the way it was playing and cutting up from tackles. No clue if they have a similar pitch to ours mind. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Watched MOTD last night and Evertons pitch looked very similar to ours in the way it was playing and cutting up from tackles. No clue if they have a similar pitch to ours mind. 

They have a Desso Grassmaster hybrid version. 

1 hour ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Good to see the Groundstaff out so early. Hope all your time and hard work is paying of. Great to see STRI involved also. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 23/01/2020 at 11:23, busby1985 said:

Gerard and the Rangers hierarchy had a meeting after their match last night with the head grounds man to discuss the state of the pitch at Ibrox. Looks in pretty bad nick and the players complained about it. 

Nobody complaining about ours, nothing to see.....

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Good to see the Groundstaff out so early. Hope all your time and hard work is paying of. Great to see STRI involved also. 

That's the irrigation company, and turfsync is a performance tracker for the players.

21 minutes ago, farin said:

How the pitch looked yesterday.. 

85CC8E01-C781-40EB-87E8-EB1F135B1005.thumb.jpeg.10b6861f80f0b75d73a4b2d3d375788c.jpeg

2E33F0B3-76B4-4101-9B96-A33C5E95092B.jpeg.a89815dcda4ea4e91abb972b4110e564.jpeg

Jeez! That actually looks terrible. 

I would be embarrassed turning up for a Junior game on a pitch like that. 

No doubt the usual characters will be along shortly to tell us nothing to see here. £1M well spent etc.

21 minutes ago, farin said:

How the pitch looked yesterday.. 

85CC8E01-C781-40EB-87E8-EB1F135B1005.thumb.jpeg.10b6861f80f0b75d73a4b2d3d375788c.jpeg

2E33F0B3-76B4-4101-9B96-A33C5E95092B.jpeg.a89815dcda4ea4e91abb972b4110e564.jpeg

What has happened here. I thought it looked a fair bit better against Airdrie but these pictures look like it's deteriorated big time. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

What has happened here. I thought it looked a fair bit better against Airdrie but these pictures look like it's deteriorated big time. 

I was just about to write the same thing, looked ok against airdrie bar a few bits, looks worse now. Weather hasn’t been bad for January 

Just now, DarthVodka said:

I was just about to write the same thing, looked ok against airdrie bar a few bits, looks worse now. Weather hasn’t been bad for January 

I can't believe my eyes looking at that. 

Looks awful but I think it'll play better than it looks. Although a bit bare on top, the roots hopefully strengthened.

Concern is the heavy rain forecast at noon tomorrow though it is meant to brighten up around kick off.

11 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Jeez! That actually looks terrible. 

I would be embarrassed turning up for a Junior game on a pitch like that. 

No doubt the usual characters will be along shortly to tell us nothing to see here. £1M well spent etc.

Relax - Mrs Budge told us at the AGM the pitch would be sorted by the end of January.....

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kila said:

Looks awful but I think it'll play better than it looks. Although a bit bare on top, the roots hopefully strengthened.

Concern is the heavy rain forecast at noon tomorrow though it is meant to brighten up around kick off.

Always thought it has played OK. 

Not perfect or where we want it to be, but the ball travels across it fine. 

Looks worse than it plays imo. 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Relax - Mrs Budge told us at the AGM the pitch would be sorted by the end of January.....

I've just watched the highlights from last week and I can't believe the difference in a week. We all thought that it would only improve as the weeks went on not get worse. 

19 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It appears they've covered the patchy bits with more seed/sand, so I think it looks worse because of the lighter colour?

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

They've covered the patchy bits with more seed/sand, so I think it looks worse because of the lighter colour

We need to buy some green sand to make it look better. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Always thought it has played OK. 

Not perfect or where we want it to be, but the ball travels across it fine. 

Looks worse than it plays imo. 

You are becoming a parody of yourself Tosh - every thread you jump in with an excuse.

So the pitch plays ok does it - how would it stand up to heavy rain before/during a game?  
The answer is it would turn into a mud bath because it’s bare as a badgers arse!

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And if not, you get to go on about it. 

Win- win for you. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are becoming a parody of yourself Tosh - every thread you jump in with an excuse.

So the pitch plays ok does it - how would it stand up to heavy rain before/during a game?  
The answer is it would turn into a mud bath because it’s bare as a badgers arse!

You're well beyond being a parody Tbf. 

I'm unsure on the drainage system, but yes- I agree, if it rains it will become muddy. 

It should look better and it needs to be sorted but from what I've seen it plays well and is flat. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Is there still a feature on JKB, where you can see how many times a poster posts on a certain thread?🤔

Sadly, the last time I saw this question asked, the answer was no, that the new board software didn't have that functionality.

46 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

State of that. :lol: 

Some effort to get a hybrid pitch looking that way.

It looks worse than last weekend.

Just now, Gershwin said:

It looks worse than last weekend.

Im not sure how that is possible but you are right.

If we havent got the original company in then we bloody well should and get their opinion on how to fix it.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

If we havent got the original company in then we bloody well should and get their opinion on how to fix it.

They were all in this morning according to the photo above. 

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

STRI Group are in every month. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're well beyond being a parody Tbf. 

I'm unsure on the drainage system, but yes- I agree, if it rains it will become muddy. 

It should look better and it needs to be sorted but from what I've seen it plays well and is flat. 

But it won’t play well and flat after heavy rain then - just as well we don’t get heavy rain in the winter in Edinburgh eh.....

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And if not, you get to go on about it. 

Win- win for you. 

👍

No Tosh - as a Hearts fan it’s one big loss - £1m loss going by the state of it. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They were all in this morning according to the photo above. 

Did someone not just say that wasnt the pitch company ?

if thats them then good but while im all for tolerating there has been an issue its going backwards in my opinion..

18 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Did someone not just say that wasnt the pitch company ?

if thats them then good but while im all for tolerating there has been an issue its going backwards in my opinion..

I read as two different companies in but might be wrong. It does look worse than last week but that might be the sand. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No Tosh - as a Hearts fan it’s one big loss - £1m loss going by the state of it. 

It's not a loss. 

It just needs sorted. 

Nothing like a bit drama. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Questions do need asked.

You can't spend a million quid on a new pitch for it to be this bad this quick.

The groundskeepers and pitch laying company have to sort this out asap.

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

I've just watched the highlights from last week and I can't believe the difference in a week. We all thought that it would only improve as the weeks went on not get worse. 

After a week of good dry & mild weather too

Ex member of the SaS

Never got a proper reply, but I posted once before. I thought the hybrid pitch had long plastic strands intermixed with real grass. Meaning the plastic strands would stay at a cut length determined by the owner, and you only cut the real grass that grew above this height. Therefore the plastic stands would look like real grass even if the real stuff died.

I do believe I heard that when it was being discussed. Can anyone confirm or am I dreaming it. 

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never got a proper reply, but I posted once before. I thought the hybrid pitch had long plastic strands intermixed with real grass. Meaning the plastic strands would stay at a cut length determined by the owner, and you only cut the real grass that grew above this height. Therefore the plastic stands would look like real grass even if the real stuff died.

I do believe I heard that when it was being discussed. Can anyone confirm or am I dreaming it. 

That about sums it up. 

Stendel must be wondering WTF has been going on at our club for the last year. 

Just another thing for him (because who else do we have) and Budge to get their heads together and fix. Given the progress being made elsewhere hopefully the pitch can also be improved quickly.

Edited by Hot since 86

12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The synthetic strands are still there, they only cover 3-5% of the surface. It's under the soil where they matter though, as grass roots grow and intertwine around them helping create a more durable surface.

Obviously we are seeing the limitations to the definition of 'durable'  :whistling:

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What I have been told is that the fibre strands that should sit just above the ground are now compacted beneath the surface. Hence the reason why the top layer needs to be skimmed off close season and these insertions will be visible again. I was also told that although they are not visable at the moment they are still helping hold the surface together and that if they weren't there the pitch would be a hell of a lot worse. Just passing on what I was told tho. 

pettigrewsstylist

Seems clear pitchgate is under wraps 😂. Suggests incompetence on grand scale or potential for digging up again.

Bet the next Q +A sesh is someway off 😉

24 minutes ago, farin said:

Definitely worse, players will prob be slipping all over the place tomorrow on it after the rain.  

Apparently it plays a lot better than it looks. I read it on JKB. 

Remember when this was first proposed and some people were questioning spending £1M on a pitch (which is a lot of money for a club our size). And all the regulars were assuring everyone it was an investment meaning we wouldn’t have to be constantly doing maintenance work on a poor pitch. 

:getout:

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I read as two different companies in but might be wrong. It does look worse than last week but that might be the sand. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The picture is the company who do the irrigation and player monitoring that is embedded in the pitch.

They don't do the grass.

40 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

The picture is the company who do the irrigation and player monitoring that is embedded in the pitch.

They don't do the grass.

The twitter says it’s STRI  https://strigroup.com/

and turfsynch https://www.turfsync.com/

i assumed these two companies would cover the lot between them?

Not only has the grass turned yellow in places but everything below is ****ed.

All the hundreds of thousands of yards of stitching gone. Piping melted away. Monitoring systems hacked.

It really is, on the surface of things, a mess.

Shall we all create a massive cluster **** of negative posts calling for the heads of everyone or should we let some grass grow?