Jump to content
kila

Hybrid Pitch

Recommended Posts

Cruickshank for Scotland

With the bad weather forecast and a pitch as bare as a badgers arse, we could have a mud bath to go along with a blood bath against Accies tomorrow! 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
1 hour ago, gjcc said:


Looks like they’ve done a grand job keeping the grass off the pitch. 

 

Pitch looked heavy today, won’t change much given tonight’s forecast either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

One or two apologists keep telling us the pitch “plays fine” - we’ll find out tomorrow I guess. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

 

But the pitch was fine a couple of weeks after that, and was in great condition till, I think, about the end of October.  

 

 

I don't remember it being in great condition or even fine. But if the club offered some explanation of why our £1m pitch looks like it does then maybe we could all stop speculating on the reason.

Edited by Francis Albert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach

I know I'm swimming against the tide with this, but I actually like a bit of water and mud in a game of football because to my eyes it provides a better spectacle.

 

I don't subscribe to the view that a poor pitch benefits poorer players. A good player should have the technique to control the ball in a variety of conditions. Players these days don't have that technique because they only play and train on carpets, and because they didn't play on cobbled streets with tennis balls when they were kids like we did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SUTOL
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't remember it being in great condition or even fine. But if the club offered some explanation of why our £1m pitch looks like it does then maybe we could all stop speculating on the reason.

 

There are pictures posted earlier in this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I know I'm swimming against the tide with this, but I actually like a bit of water and mud in a game of football because to my eyes it provides a better spectacle.

 

I don't subscribe to the view that a poor pitch benefits poorer players. A good player should have the technique to control the ball in a variety of conditions. Players these days don't have that technique because they only play and train on carpets, and because they didn't play on cobbled streets with tennis balls when they were kids like we did.

 

So we just have to recruit players who grew up playing in cobbled streets with tennis balls and our pitch will be perfect and worth every penny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So we just have to recruit players who grew up playing in cobbled streets with tennis balls and our pitch will be perfect and worth every penny!

Players who play and practise on a variety of surfaces should develop a better all-round technique. Do you disagree with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Players who play and practise on a variety of surfaces should develop a better all-round technique. Do you disagree with this?

My post wasn't serious. Sorry I don't do smilies. I regret the loss of the tanner  ba' trained player and the prevalence of athletic robots in the modern game but it is where we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

My post wasn't serious. Sorry I don't do smilies. I regret the loss of the tanner  ba' trained player and the prevalence of athletic robots in the modern game but it is where we are. 

No problem, I didn't really think you were serious.

I completely agree with you.  I actually quite dislike modern football, for many reasons, but it's all I have now :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

 😉


For the benefit of someone who’s not paid attention to this thread for a while now, what’s your conclusive proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One or two apologists keep telling us the pitch “plays fine” - we’ll find out tomorrow I guess. 🤔

In a game against Hamilton in pissing rain and 50mph gusts. Pitch is the least of our worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, sassenach said:

No problem, I didn't really think you were serious.

I completely agree with you.  I actually quite dislike modern football, for many reasons, but it's all I have now :(

 

Agree with you both... my pet hate is the amount of footballers that can’t pass/shoot with both feet. I find it more prevalent down south, all these multi-millionaires that can only use one peg! 🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:


For the benefit of someone who’s not paid attention to this thread for a while now, what’s your conclusive proof?

I was being a bit of a wido, Phil.

No conclusive proofs, but very decent sounding  "in the knows"

Only go back to page 92.

Essential maintenance (skimming) wasn't done.

Some blame the concert, but if they bother to engage their brain, there was plenty time before and even after the concert. DU game was 3 weeks before the concert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No conclusive proofs, but very decent sounding  "in the knows"

 

I'd wager that my "in the know" is more in tune with the goings on than anyone else. tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

With the bad weather forecast and a pitch as bare as a badgers arse, we could have a mud bath to go along with a blood bath against Accies tomorrow! 🙈

pitch will still be better than Hamilton, Killie or Livingston's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
2 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

pitch will still be better than Hamilton, Killie or Livingston's


Oh that’s all right then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
4 hours ago, sassenach said:

I know I'm swimming against the tide with this, but I actually like a bit of water and mud in a game of football because to my eyes it provides a better spectacle.

 

I don't subscribe to the view that a poor pitch benefits poorer players. A good player should have the technique to control the ball in a variety of conditions. Players these days don't have that technique because they only play and train on carpets, and because they didn't play on cobbled streets with tennis balls when they were kids like we did.

 


Ah water, mud, 30 yard slide tackles....lovely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

Here we go again, Cruickshank's on the case so round and round we go.

Meanwhile nobody knows for certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Here we go again, Cruickshank's on the case so round and round we go.

Meanwhile nobody knows for certain.


Not much point being “on the case” as the Club will never release the real reason for the shit condition of the pitch.

Meantime we will find out tomorrow if there has been the big improvement to the pitch promised by the Club at the AGM....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Here we go again, Cruickshank's on the case so round and round we go.

Meanwhile nobody knows for certain.

 

Cut the auld yin some slack, it's Valentine's day.

Imagine living with him.

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Not much point being “on the case” as the Club will never release the real reason for the shit condition of the pitch.

Meantime we will find out tomorrow if there has been the big improvement to the pitch promised by the Club at the AGM....

 

I reckon that should be way down on your list of priorities tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Cut the auld yin some slack, it's Valentine's day.

Imagine living with him.

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

No chance, I'm in Spain and Valentine's Day was yesterday. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29

I thought there was a significant improvement at the Killie game.

 

Since then.

 

Pro - no games and a lot of wind

Against - pissed down a lot and not that much sunshine.

 

But again, it was intimated by end January everything would be fine again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack

Some utter sad sacks inhabit our support.

 

Grown men, over 60 years old, actively trolling the forum.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

I reckon that should be way down on your list of priorities tomorrow.


It is but unless I’m mistaken this thread is about the hybrid pitch. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


It is but unless I’m mistaken this thread is about the hybrid pitch. 🤔

 

Strange, I thought it was about you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
13 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Cut the auld yin some slack, it's Valentine's day.

Imagine living with him.

 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣


No complaints from the missus - Cooked her a wonderful meal washed down with a bottle of Moët Chandon. 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Strange, I thought it was about you.


No it’s about the pitch although some on here have tried to make it personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


No complaints from the missus - Cooked her a wonderful meal washed down with a bottle of Moët Chandon. 😍

 

Poor man's Bubbles.

 

Wouldn't be boasting about sookin yoan pish.

 

#prayerformrscrooked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


No it’s about the pitch although some on here have tried to make it personal.

 

Maybe it's just your posting style that gets up folks hooters then. 

 

Myself, I like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Poor man's Bubbles.

 

Wouldn't be boasting about sookin yoan pish.

 

#prayerformrscrooked


Shhhhh.......told tell the missus! 🤫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

Maybe it's just your posting style that gets up folks hooters then. 

 

Myself, I like you.


😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Shhhhh.......told tell the missus! 🤫

 

Who drunk it ?

 

😃😃😃😃🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some utter sad sacks inhabit our support.

 

Grown men, over 60 years old, actively trolling the forum.

 

 


Is having a bit of banter now termed “trolling”?

 

Asking for a friend....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Is having a bit of banter now termed “trolling”?

 

Asking for a friend....

 

You have a wife and a friend, I'm calling Bullshit on that, or......

 

Let's not go down that particular pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

You have a wife and a friend, I'm calling Bullshit on that, or......

 

Let's not go down that particular pitch. 


I’ll have you know I have a wife and at least 3 friends! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


I’ll have you know I have a wife and at least 3 friends! 😊

 

4 mate. 4 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy

Cruickshank for Scotland was offered a chance to discuss the pitch with a member of the ground staff but decided he wasn’t interested. 
 

Just a reminder of how interested he is in the actual pitch itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

4 mate. 4 😉


I counted you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


I counted you 👍

 

If that's the case, I've got baggage.

 

You now have 47 friends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Cruickshank for Scotland was offered a chance to discuss the pitch with a member of the ground staff but decided he wasn’t interested. 
 

Just a reminder of how interested he is in the actual pitch itself. 


Wondered when you would pitch up Phil (no pun)!

Some poster on here who I don’t know from Adam first wanted my private mobile number - understandably I don’t give out my private number to a fans forum, and suggested he PM me, but he knocked that back.

He then suggested I “give him a shout” at the Aberdeen game - something that I thought was impractical from my seat high up in the Wheatfield amongst a 17,000 crowd! How would I get his attention FFS - jump onto the pitch?

Hope that clarifies although no doubt some roasters will want to go with Phil’s twisted version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

 

If that's the case, I've got baggage.

 

You now have 47 friends. 


Excellent news! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Wondered when you would pitch up Phil (no pun)!

Some poster on here who I don’t know from Adam first wanted my private mobile number - understandably I don’t give out my private number to a fans forum, and suggested he PM me, but he knocked that back.

He then suggested I “give him a shout” at the Aberdeen game - something that I thought was impractical from my seat high up in the Wheatfield amongst a 17,000 crowd! How would I get his attention FFS - jump onto the pitch?

Hope that clarifies although no doubt some roasters will want to go with Phil’s twisted version.


Pretty sure there’s more than one set of stairs in the Wheatfield that would take you from the top to the bottom.

 

Face it mate, you just want to bitch about things from the safety of your anonymous Kickback account, rather than actually get the answers you demand. 
 

Shat it off a Hearts employee who wanted to discuss the pitch with you. What an embarrassment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Wondered when you would pitch up Phil (no pun)!

Some poster on here who I don’t know from Adam first wanted my private mobile number - understandably I don’t give out my private number to a fans forum, and suggested he PM me, but he knocked that back.

He then suggested I “give him a shout” at the Aberdeen game - something that I thought was impractical from my seat high up in the Wheatfield amongst a 17,000 crowd! How would I get his attention FFS - jump onto the pitch?

Hope that clarifies although no doubt some roasters will want to go with Phil’s twisted version.


Creepy as **** imo.  Not you, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:


Pretty sure there’s more than one set of stairs in the Wheatfield that would take you from the top to the bottom.

 

Face it mate, you just want to bitch about things from the safety of your anonymous Kickback account, rather than actually get the answers you demand. 
 

Shat it off a Hearts employee who wanted to discuss the pitch with you. What an embarrassment. 


What made Cruicky so special to discuss the pitch with?  That’s downright creep mentality and it sounds like the person creeping knows him but not the other way about.  That’s the embarrassment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sassenach
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:


Ah water, mud, 30 yard slide tackles....lovely!

Indeed.  I miss all of that, and all other variety in life. I don't understand the modern craze for trying to homogenise everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
7 hours ago, Last Laff said:


What made Cruicky so special to discuss the pitch with?  That’s downright creep mentality and it sounds like the person creeping knows him but not the other way about.  That’s the embarrassment. 


I imagine it comes down to his constant bitching and suggestions that the ground staff be fired. 
 

Thinking a genuine offer to address his concerns is creepy says more about you than anyone really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

Here's my tuppence worth, Cruickie has found a subject that he knows a little about, not as much as he thinks he does and is all over this thread because nobody can disprove him. It's tiresome and he really needs to let it go.

Pretty sure he's a decent guy and one I would probably enjoy having a pint with. First mention of the pitch and I'd be making my excuses and leaving though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:


Pretty sure there’s more than one set of stairs in the Wheatfield that would take you from the top to the bottom.

 

Face it mate, you just want to bitch about things from the safety of your anonymous Kickback account, rather than actually get the answers you demand. 
 

Shat it off a Hearts employee who wanted to discuss the pitch with you. What an embarrassment. 


And what was I to do when I got to the bottom of the stairs? Shout him over in the middle of 17,000 crowd before the game started for an in-depth discussion on the technical reasons why the pitch was in a dreadful condition? A guy that I had never met before, didn’t know his name or what he looked like?

The only embarrassment is your twisted version of events!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...