Hybrid Pitch

kila

14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We've had some monsoon rain these last few weeks, I'm gutting the lads some slack here....

I get that but I dont understand why we must keep watering it to within an inch of needing a canoe!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One problem with the pitch I noticd from the documentary is the number of women walking over it in high ****ing heels! I'm looking at you Mrs Budge!!!! 😋

I also wondered what the circles were on the pitch leading in from the touchline then you see the ladies team doing their training routines there. Worn the grass to buggery FFS!!!

Neil Dongcaster
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Grants a Jambo unless you've snooped on his Facebook and seen his son pictured at Easter Road makes him a hibby ?.  I am also certain that hearts had a video out last year about Grant and the work he does.  

He may claim to be a Jambo now. However he 100% had a hibs badge on his leg.

Back to the skimming... does anyone know if that happened this year or not?

I don't want to rip into our ground keepers without knowing their full challenges. Maybe just two of them isn't enough anymore to maintain such a high end pitch. Who do other sides with pitches like that have helping and what tools? Did a decision happen at board level not to hire maintenance kit this summer to save costs? Or do we already have the necessary kit and it was some other reason?

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

One problem with the pitch I noticd from the documentary is the number of women walking over it in high ****ing heels! I'm looking at you Mrs Budge!!!! 😋

😂 Fair point though - why on earth didn't they walk round the pitch side.

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I get that but I dont understand why we must keep watering it to within an inch of needing a canoe!

Baffling isn’t it. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Pages and pages about the nick of the surface but as yet no concrete answers as to the root cause. Someone knows but are not saying. 

It would seem we will never get the answer. We have had problems with the Tynecastle pitch right back to the days of JJ when CPR had most of it re-turfed mid season.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It would seem we will never get the answer. We have had problems with the Tynecastle pitch right back to the days of JJ when CPR had most of it re-turfed mid season.

Drainage problems with the old pitch and bedding? That was all fixed with the £1m work though. What about all the high tech monitoring systems? A waste of money it seems. Are these tools being used properly or is it old school methods?

https://strigroup.com/hearts-install-new-state-of-the-art-pitch

STRI and Carrick Sports has also installed an ultramodern environmental monitoring system – the first of its kind to be deployed in any stadia. This means that Tynecastle Park will benefit from the highest levels of monitoring and data analysis available in the world. Live moisture levels have been positioned across the pitch which will automatically collect data, including air temperature in the stadium and light levels for grass growth.

Ann Budge added: “STRI’s environmental monitoring system will allow the grounds team at Tynecastle to ensure that the surface is maintained at the highest standard.”

Edited by kila

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Remember that well Cruicky. Neil McCann said that the pitch smelt like shite lol. It was relaid in December that particular year. We should not be having these issues given the investment made but for some reason we are. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Drainage problems with the old pitch and bedding? That was all fixed with the £1m work though. What about all the high tech monitoring systems? A waste of money it seems. Are these tools being used properly or is it old school methods?

https://strigroup.com/hearts-install-new-state-of-the-art-pitch

STRI and Carrick Sports has also installed an ultramodern environmental monitoring system – the first of its kind to be deployed in any stadia. This means that Tynecastle Park will benefit from the highest levels of monitoring and data analysis available in the world. Live moisture levels have been positioned across the pitch which will automatically collect data, including air temperature in the stadium and light levels for grass growth.

Ann Budge added: “STRI’s environmental monitoring system will allow the grounds team at Tynecastle to ensure that the surface is maintained at the highest standard.”

something just ain’t right....

18 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Pages and pages about the nick of the surface but as yet no concrete answers as to the root cause. Someone knows but are not saying. 

The only possible reason I can come up with are a groundstaff team not fit for purpose.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The only possible reason I can come up with are a groundstaff team not fit for purpose.

No holding back their. I have asked our resident Groundsman but I've not had any reply so far 

been here before
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye?

I bet they're shattered that a leech who contributes the square root of **** all to anything has came up with that reasoning.

Probably greeting over their egg mcmuffins right now.

20 hours ago, RobboM said:

Very unfair on the female Jambos staff.

They are saving money on us having to buy aerating machine.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
On 10/11/2020 at 08:23, DETTY29 said:

What do the lamps do?

I thought it was to stimulate artificial light and growth.

Edit - appears so and allows grass seed to germinate.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/lights-keep-grass-pitches-in-summer-condition-in-depths-of-winter.html

apparently grass stops growing below 3° so I presume the lamps help to raise the ground temperature to stimulate growth in the patches needing reseeding

22 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes lamps assist growth however we do not have enough. In the EPL they have lamps virtually covering all the pitch.

Agree.

I suppose there is also the question as to whether we can actually afford to maintain a million pound pitch properly.

But then if you don't it's a sort of false economy (whichever we way look at it)

47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Very unfair on the female Jambos staff.

They are saving money on us having to buy aerating machine.

Isn't the point of aerators to also take soil and debis out, not compact further down?

;)

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This seems like Colin Cameron and his weighted gum shield solution all over again.

There is a problem but no matter how many experts engaged and money spent, we can't get to bottom of whatever the root cause is.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

This seems like Colin Cameron and his weighted gum shield solution all over again.

There is a problem but no matter how many experts engaged and money spent, we can't get to bottom of whatever the root cause is.

We have at least 20 experts on here alone. 😎

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I think we all just want to see the perfect surface we had in its first season. The present one is a far cry from how it should be and very disappointing considering the vast investment. Let's not forget that we were all told that it was a huge decision financially to go down the hybrid route but that we would have a fantastic pitch for up to ten years and would not have to be relaid every other season at a cost of around 150000.

Hybrid pitches should be firm and lush. Our pitch still looks very soft and tears up too easily. Something isn't right with it.

10 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I think we all just want to see the perfect surface we had in its first season. The present one is a far cry from how it should be and very disappointing considering the vast investment. Let's not forget that we were all told that it was a huge decision financially to go down the hybrid route but that we would have a fantastic pitch for up to ten years and would not have to be relaid every other season at a cost of around 150000.

I don’t disagree but it is more resilient than was the one that was there before. It did seem to have a big issue last season and hopefully won’t be as bad this season. Time will tell. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t disagree but it is more resilient than was the one that was there before. It did seem to have a big issue last season and hopefully won’t be as bad this season. Time will tell. 

Early indications are not good it's cutting up badly already in certain areas. Don't know how many players slipped on their arse on Saturday. Loos like little or no improvement from last season. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t have to be an expert to see that the pitch continues to be a problem Dave.

been here before
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You don’t have to be an expert to see that the pitch continues to be a problem Dave.

You certainly prove that.

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The players moan about the pitch and I know Robbie has also criticised the pitch to those above him. 

I have no reason to doubt your word so this obviously means that the remedial end of season works to take the top off and leave only the fibres standing followed by the re seeding process never happened. Very disappointing as if this is the case then our Groundstaff are pissing against the wind and don't deserve any criticism.

20 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I have no reason to doubt your word so this obviously means that the remedial end of season works to take the top off and leave only the fibres standing followed by the re seeding process never happened. Very disappointing as if this is the case then our Groundstaff are pissing against the wind and don't deserve any criticism.

It’s certainly an assumption re what’s causing any problem. 

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Genuine question - not having a go but Are we saying that the grass in a hybrid pitch needs reseeded every year? Would be interested to know why? I haven’t heard of murrayfiled being reseeded or any of the premiership teams? I was in the Etihad in June 19 and that wasn’t being reseeded..

sounds like a bit of a reach. Not doubting it has to be done on occasion but every year? And this is the reason ours is tearing up? Not sure I buy it but willing to be educated

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Genuine question - not having a go but Are we saying that the grass in a hybrid pitch needs reseeded every year? Would be interested to know why? I haven’t heard of murrayfiled being reseeded or any of the premiership teams? I was in the Etihad in June 19 and that wasn’t being reseeded..

sounds like a bit of a reach. Not doubting it has to be done on occasion but every year? And this is the reason ours is tearing up? Not sure I buy it but willing to be educated

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not too sure if it has to be done every close season but ours should have been done at the end of last season and for some reason it never did. Don't know if the concert put paid to that. Koro top field maker is the method one of the Groundsman told me and is important procedure in the summer. Its not very often that you see hybrid pitches cutting up so easy as ours is. I did mention that Parkhead looked dodgy in the Sparta game last week. Same surface as ours I believe. 

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Base is too shallow imo. 

So why was the pitch fine in the first year. Can you give some more detail please. Could this not have been sorted in the lockdown period. 

10 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

So why was the pitch fine in the first year. Can you give some more detail please. Could this not have been sorted in the lockdown period. 

Not an expert, but when you walk on it you can feel how hard it is underneath and that's with only trainers on. 

A reminder of the deterioration this time last year:

Sun 24th Nov 2019 - Women's Cup Final

1.thumb.jpeg.851c438dede460a803319da76f588132.jpeg

Wed 4th Dec 2019 - Hearts v Livingston

2.thumb.jpeg.57e80cc0fca2425d192a86e1611a3db2.jpeg

Sat 14th Dec 2019 - Hearts v St Johnstone

3.thumb.jpeg.d227b608a3e9d9cc10cc2db78e95555f.jpeg

Edited by kila

34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Base is too shallow imo. 

The base was completely dug down and the substructure  was meant to be state of the art.

19 minutes ago, kila said:

A year on and the same issue is still there. Absolute joke. 

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I couldn't give a **** if it's a tattie field as long as we win on it.

Great. Let's spend a million quid on a tattie field. Sure we could have got tattie field for a lot less. Manager and players not happy with it but as long as we get the points on board it doesn't matter to you. 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Great. Let's spend a million quid on a tattie field. Sure we could have got tattie field for a lot less. Manager and players not happy with it but as long as we get the points on board it doesn't matter to you. 

I'm convinced it's causing injuries to both teams playing on it.

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

That's right happy as long as we're winning. Crazy stuff eh.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Is there any images of it in the past week for context, I noticed it was soft underfoot but didn't see much wrong visually in Inverness game compared to a year ago.

32 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

That's right happy as long as we're winning. Crazy stuff eh.

We are all delighted that we are winning - that doesn’t stop fans sharing the concerns of the manager and players over the poor condition of our pitch.

44 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'm convinced it's causing injuries to both teams playing on it.

And yet most of our Injuries happen away from Tynecastle or at training. 🥴

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We are all delighted that we are winning - that doesn’t stop fans sharing the concerns of the manager and players over the poor condition of our pitch.

And it doesn't stop me not giving a **** if it's a tattie field.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

And it doesn't stop me not giving a **** if it's a tattie field.

Bully for you! 👍