• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

...a bit disco
35 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Scott Gardner up to his old tricks I see. 

:lol:

Relentless mate!

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Better than your lot at iboke that’s for sure. 

Yes very good. That excuses everything. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sounds like the “key” person may have just have had a day off or called in sick.........many hospitality places have lots of staff with one (or two) main movers & shakers, everyone else are just generally staff who are their to help but, may never have stepped up to the plate before.  Often the other staff will not take responsibility for fear of making an arse of it.  Won’t happen to often am sure

Temp staff who can't change the channel on the TV?

Heartsofgold
6 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes very good. That excuses everything. 

In my eye it does.  she's doing a far better job of running our club than dodgy dave in of running yours even further into the ground.

Edited by Heartsofgold

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

In my eye it does.  she's doing a far better job of running our club than dodgy dave in of running yours even further into the ground.

Okay then. Someone's happy at least.

Some are easily pleased mind you.

And the team being run into the ground are still a club we can't compete with on the pitch. 

Holyrood_Hearts
19 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Uh huh.

Still all is great under Budge eh?

What’s that got to do with her? 

fabienleclerq

Was a bit of a shambles tbh, they had a good crowd in. I think whoever is in charge needs to take the blame. The channel should've been on an hour before.

Heartsofgold
41 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Okay then. Someone's happy at least.

Some are easily pleased mind you.

And the team being run into the ground are still a club we can't compete with on the pitch. 

And some forget the total basket case our club was for decades before she came in to take the helm.  you must be one of our fans who want and expect instant suscess despite us spending nearly £18 million on major, and required, infrastructure projects.

We are not going to go into major debt under her stewardship and it's going to take time for us to compete on the park for top 3.  I'll be happy with 4th this year and competing for 3rd next year then maybe higher up from then on. 

sidjamesbottle
20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Was a bit of a shambles tbh, they had a good crowd in. I think whoever is in charge needs to take the blame. The channel should've been on an hour before.

could we also not get preloaded cards that we can just get swiped in there would cut down bar traffic, something for the shop to sell ?

highlandjambo3
51 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Temp staff who can't change the channel on the TV?

Yes by the looks of things........”it’s not my job” syndrome.

Am sure if that was the only issue there would be a few able bodies in the bar able to give advice on changing a channel however, it sound like there were a few more things going on to add to the shambles......the worse it gets the more people tend to shy away from responsibilities.

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

And some forget the total basket case our club was for decades before she came in to take the helm.  you must be one of our fans who want and expect instant suscess despite us spending nearly £18 million on major, and required, infrastructure projects.

We are not going to go into major debt under her stewardship and it's going to take time for us to compete on the park for top 3.  I'll be happy with 4th this year and competing for 3rd next year then maybe higher up from then on. 

We don't need to go into major debt to be able to order seats, register players correctly or make sure the TV is on the right channel. 

It's amateurish (although that's probably an insult to all the well run amateur clubs) and not good enough. 

3 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

That excuse is wearing thin.

I don't recall us failing to register all of our players under Vlad. We can't do the basics right like registering all of our players or making sure the fans bar is showing the game. 

The club should rightfully be taken to task for any failures. 

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

That excuse is wearing thin.

I don't recall us failing to register all of our players under Vlad. We can't do the basics right like registering all of our players or making sure the fans bar is showing the game. 

The club should rightfully be taken to task for any failures. 

No it's not wearing thin, far from it.  In the last year we have spent the vast majority of our budget on infrastructure for the future.  if we spent it there we CANNOT spend it on the bloody team.  the management team are trying to think long term gain from short term pain.

No, I cannot think of any missed player registrations during the Vlad period but by Christ i can think of a pile of other shite that went on, leading us up to the near destruction of our club.

Starting to get a bit concerned about how things are being run at the moment. How many more of these "embarrassing" moments are we to witness before someone takes control of the day to day management of the club. These issues are costing us money and lost revenue all of which should be spent on the team.  

6 hours ago, thejoff said:

As others have said, was a shambles yesterday.

Arrived about 2:45 and place was heaving. Had family over from Ireland so decided there should have been decent atmosphere and beer money would be going to club. Bar was 2 deep before kick off so loads of money lost out on.

They were showing greatest premiership goals and few folk were asking about when the TVs would get switched for build up - “All under control from the management” they were told.

As it approached kick off, was clear something wasn’t right. It appears the boxes are in another location and believe BT may have switched channel number on sky (867 now) so guy with remotes and boxes couldn't see the screen and bar staff were trying to direct him over the phone. Punters were telling staff number has changed but nobody was listening.....

As the minutes past, droves started to leave, game never got put on till 25 mins on the clock.

Had 15 mins of Sleepless in Seattle blaring on speakers and all the screens!! Couldn’t make it up.

Got fixed by guy arriving with remotes and just changing channel on TVs so who knows why the staff can’t be trained or trusted to do this themselves in future... unless the are worried someone will put Babestation on.....

Loads of cash lost and hopefully not lost punters for good. Only a handful there by kick off so was easy to get served at bar! Small wins! Apart from Raith/Hibs fan enjoying the poor performance.....

That sounds like something out a carry on film hopefully not put people of going next time ..

Out of curiosity any idea how many folk were in

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Starting to get a bit concerned about how things are being run at the moment. How many more of these "embarrassing" moments are we to witness before someone takes control of the day to day management of the club. These issues are costing us money and lost revenue all of which should be spent on the team.  

If we're going to try maximise the revenue that can be created from the new stand then we need to up our game . It's pretty ametuerish at the moment

TyphoonJambo

Has any of this been passed to Anne? Pretty sure she will fix it as it all sounds pretty amateurish. Never heard any complaints about the beer or the staff but the organisation does sound poor. A bit like a Hearts tv for me. Great guys like Laurie trying their best but little pre planning and falling apart at the start. Personally I think she should open a forum and listen to our concerns over theses services. Working well they could, as well as other initiatives, prove to be great revenue streams but at the moment they are a bit “community centre tombola “ type ventures. Surely were better than this.

Nookie Bear

Pretty shambolic but I reckon quite a few will look back in time and have a good laugh over the time we showed Sleepless in Seattle instead of the football :laugh:

Might bring a date next time:kiss: 

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

They were controlling all the TVs with the Sky Remote.

Someone had a remote and didn't seem to be able to use the Sky TV guide to navigate to the sport category.  First they went up to the music channels then stopped before somehow switching to the base BBC and ITV channels and giving up.  This went on for 15 minutes so we left.

I just don't get how they started on Sky Sports and couldn't find BT Sports, which must have been a few channels away.

Later in the day that same person had some difficulty telling the difference between their arse and elbow.

26 minutes ago, jambocub said:

If we're going to try maximise the revenue that can be created from the new stand then we need to up our game . It's pretty ametuerish at the moment

Ever since the stand project started it's been one thing after another. Delighted with the new stand but there's been a host of issues which to me all seem pretty basic and easily avoided.

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ever since the stand project started it's been one thing after another. Delighted with the new stand but there's been a host of issues which to me all seem pretty basic and easily avoided.

It really does feel like the stand has resulted in a lack of focus on some of the basics.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

It really does feel like the stand has resulted in a lack of focus on some of the basics.

I imagine the tv issue would have happened wherever they built the bar. It might even have hsppened if it was held in the Gorgie suite. 

Hungry hippo
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine the tv issue would have happened wherever they built the bar. It might even have hsppened if it was held in the Gorgie suite. 

Absolutely. My point was that some of the recent mistakes maybe reflect that we have not paid the level of attention to some projects that we would have otherwise.

The tv issue may or may not have happened anyway but seems to indicate that the correct people weren't in place running the bar.

I'm not too bothered about it although the level of errors over past 12 months will not impress someone witg the professionalism of Ann Budge and I'm sure she is working hard to address the staff issues.

Edited by Hungry hippo

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty shambolic but I reckon quite a few will look back in time and have a good laugh over the time we showed Sleepless in Seattle instead of the football :laugh:

Might bring a date next time:kiss: 

I think those who went into the club bar and got to watch Sleepless in Seattle instead of the drivel on show at New Bayview actually got a very good deal and should all go back the next time it is open and thank the staff.

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think those who went into the club bar and got to watch Sleepless in Seattle instead of the drivel on show at New Bayview actually got a very good deal and should all go back the next time it is open and thank the staff.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie
53 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sleepless in Seattle v Sleepless at Bayview.

It was more deep sleep at Bayview :mad:

56 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Absolutely. My point was that some of the recent mistakes maybe reflect that we have not paid the level of attention to some projects that we would have otherwise.

The tv issue may or may not have happened anyway but seems to indicate that the correct people weren't in place running the bar.

I'm not too bothered about it although the level of errors over past 12 months will not impress someone witg the professionalism of Ann Budge and I'm sure she is working hard to address the staff issues.

For all Ann Budge has huge experience in running a business and for that matter building a business. She has no industry experience and she certainly can't run Hearts herself. She needs to get the right people around her and quickly. This is a hugely consumer focused business and when the product is failing the customers there's going to be massive repercussions at some point to the entire business. Her previous business relied upon corporate clients buying services there was no real product as such. I think she may have underestimated just what it takes to run the day to day of a football club the size of Hearts. 

That's no a criticism of her she's hugely successful and completely transformed the club. But looking in as a consumer there's a number of things that need improving and quickly.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

For all Ann Budge has huge experience in running a business and for that matter building a business. She has no industry experience and she certainly can't run Hearts herself. She needs to get the right people around her and quickly. This is a hugely consumer focused business and when the product is failing the customers there's going to be massive repercussions at some point to the entire business. Her previous business relied upon corporate clients buying services there was no real product as such. I think she may have underestimated just what it takes to run the day to day of a football club the size of Hearts. 

That's no a criticism of her she's hugely successful and completely transformed the club. But looking in as a consumer there's a number of things that need improving and quickly.

To be fair I’m struggling to remember when Hearts were ever an excellent customer focussed organisation. We have, almost overnight, greatly increased the scale of our commercial/hospitality facilities and, while it’s clear there are key areas that need improved, I think some initial challenges were pretty likely. 

sairyinthat
7 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

We don't need to go into major debt to be able to order seats, register players correctly or make sure the TV is on the right channel. 

It's amateurish (although that's probably an insult to all the well run amateur clubs) and not good enough. 

Would very much doubt you were even in the place to begin with,strikes me you are a mixer.

It is mildly annoying that it gives our great Lochend pals something else to laugh at.  Hearts cannae operate a telly.  In all fairness it is pretty funny.

Let's ensure therefore that we rip them to pieces next time they visit.

He who laughs last etc.

MacDonald Jardine
7 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Would very much doubt you were even in the place to begin with,strikes me you are a mixer.

I wasn't.  I was at the game.

It doesn't stop me having an opinion. 

ford donald
20 hours ago, thejoff said:

As others have said, was a shambles yesterday.

Arrived about 2:45 and place was heaving. Had family over from Ireland so decided there should have been decent atmosphere and beer money would be going to club. Bar was 2 deep before kick off so loads of money lost out on.

They were showing greatest premiership goals and few folk were asking about when the TVs would get switched for build up - “All under control from the management” they were told.

As it approached kick off, was clear something wasn’t right. It appears the boxes are in another location and believe BT may have switched channel number on sky (867 now) so guy with remotes and boxes couldn't see the screen and bar staff were trying to direct him over the phone. Punters were telling staff number has changed but nobody was listening.....

As the minutes past, droves started to leave, game never got put on till 25 mins on the clock.

Had 15 mins of Sleepless in Seattle blaring on speakers and all the screens!! Couldn’t make it up.

Got fixed by guy arriving with remotes and just changing channel on TVs so who knows why the staff can’t be trained or trusted to do this themselves in future... unless the are worried someone will put Babestation on.....

Loads of cash lost and hopefully not lost punters for good. Only a handful there by kick off so was easy to get served at bar! Small wins! Apart from Raith/Hibs fan enjoying the poor performance.....

Incompetance at its best,must be very poor training procedure going on at the club,worrying times.

Sounds like a bit of a sketch all round, but walking into a bar before a match and being surprised at how busy it is shouldn't really come as a huge surprise.

Early teething problems that could probably have been avoided by the staff having a wee run-through before the doors opened.  It's never great when the lesson is learnt during the event, but hopefully it won't happen again.  And possibly no need for anyone to start sobbing and saying, 'Oh no, it's another massive mistake by Hearts.  We cannae dae anything right these days.'

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair I’m struggling to remember when Hearts were ever an excellent customer focussed organisation. We have, almost overnight, greatly increased the scale of our commercial/hospitality facilities and, while it’s clear there are key areas that need improved, I think some initial challenges were pretty likely. 

Fair comment. However...We've had the player registration issue and the failure to order seats and stock issues. Individually they are mistakes and can be forgiven but collectively they paint a picture of a pretty shambolic back office. That could be for a variety of reasons and all costly mistakes. There's lots of positives and these mistakes shouldn't overshadow those, I just see a picture developing that worries me slightly and we can't expect Ann to fix them all herself.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Fair comment. However...We've had the player registration issue and the failure to order seats and stock issues. Individually they are mistakes and can be forgiven but collectively they paint a picture of a pretty shambolic back office. That could be for a variety of reasons and all costly mistakes. There's lots of positives and these mistakes shouldn't overshadow those, I just see a picture developing that worries me slightly and we can't expect Ann to fix them all herself.

While AB can't be expected to deal with every little problem personally, she is responsible for making sure that the correct personnel are in place whose job it is to deal with the day to day running of the non-footballing side of the club.

Clearly we either don't have the enough people or we don't have the right people as there have been far too many "slight mistakes" which are costing the club money

Tommy Brown

Sleepless in Seattle

when Meg Ryan looked like this

658505.jpg

and not as today

Meg-Ryan.jpg

Next game, can we put in requests.

I would like to see An Officer and a Gentleman again.

we could bring a box of tissues with us.

the general
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sleepless in Seattle

when Meg Ryan looked like this

658505.jpg

and not as today

Meg-Ryan.jpg

Next game, can we put in requests.

I would like to see An Officer and a Gentleman again.

we could bring a box of tissues with us.

for babestation?

seriously though there seems to be a lot of angst about a minor blip

Tynie Arms or Warders is 2 minutes away and any monies we did not make is pretty negligable

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

While AB can't be expected to deal with every little problem personally, she is responsible for making sure that the correct personnel are in place whose job it is to deal with the day to day running of the non-footballing side of the club.

Clearly we either don't have the enough people or we don't have the right people as there have been far too many "slight mistakes" which are costing the club money

That was my point. Ann can't fix them she needs people who can. Is it a case we've tried to save on the behind the scenes operation to give the football side a larger budget and now it's coming back to bite us big time.

13 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

What’s happening with this ‘fans bar’ getting a name ?

It's being named 'The Half Empty'

Montgomery Brewster
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's being named 'The Half Empty'

Very good.

should be called ‘the enclosure ‘ and the other one in the wheatfield if it ever gets built ‘ the shed’