• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

King Of The Cat Cafe
21 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

Should open a separate bar for bairns that only sells juice and crisps. Could show reruns of the demolition of Celtic ..Harry's Bar would be the ideal name. 

No..not been drinking..yet ?

Would not be allowed.  

I remember drinking in a place called "Harry's Bar" in the French ski resort of Tignes many years ago and being told they were having to change the name because a Harry's Bar in Venice threatened to sue.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Would not be allowed.  

I remember drinking in a place called "Harry's Bar" in the French ski resort of Tignes many years ago and being told they were having to change the name because a Harry's Bar in Venice threatened to sue.

Did there not used to be a Harry's bar in queensferry street. Is the sign outside the bar gorgie corner meant to be the bar's name?

27 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Did there not used to be a Harry's bar in queensferry street. Is the sign outside the bar gorgie corner meant to be the bar's name?

Harry's is still on Randolph Place, just off Queensferry Street. (or it was stll there last year!) 

The Gorgie Corner is what that area is 'called'. 

e.g. The entrance to the Gorgie Suite in the Gorgie Corner. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Harry's is still on Randolph Place, just off Queensferry Street. (or it was stll there last year!) 

The Gorgie Corner is what that area is 'called'. 

e.g. The entrance to the Gorgie Suite in the Gorgie Corner. 

So the bar should be...The Corner Spot. Da, da!! ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

So the bar should be...The Corner Spot. Da, da!! ??‍♂️

The corner flag ?

maroonlegions
19 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Not quite sure how this one will go as there are bound to be some YNT, TCR and plenty others with a view

And YBT.

3 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Bar service was a shambles yesterday, gave up, as many washing glasses as pouring and that was not a lot!

No optics so hand poured/ measured spirits, large choice of beers all add to the delays, no service so no beer!

Wasn't even that full!

Noticed the lack of optics when in during the world cup. Makes no sense to me.

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Asked a G4S worker last night where the fans bar is and she said that there isn’t one and that I should ‘stop playing games’. Staff surely have been told about the fans bar that opened a while ago. 

Are the G4S punters not shipped in from weegie land?  

I do recall seeing a coach load heading along Gorgie Road then turning down towards the new stand, I think it was for the opening of the new stand/first game etc.......I heard a number of them speak to punters with their “gonny no dae that & geez a boatle of ginger big man”.  Most questions asked were returned by a glakit vacant stare as the had no clue.

G4S may just have been short staffed that day, I don’t really know if we normally ship in extras but, if we do, you would think there would be some sort of brief 

On 7/25/2018 at 01:50, Governor Tarkin said:

We have a winner.

Toll Cross Rebels or "TCR" used to enjoy pavement dancing with the "YNT" aka "Young Niddrie Terror" - both had equal shares of swivel-eyed fruitcakes :pimp2:  

Fxxx the SPFL

What time do you have to leave bar I know it closes 30 minutes before kick off but can you still drink up after that or are you actually hoofed out banger on 2.30

portobellojambo1

I went into the bar on Tuesday evening, around 17:45 and stayed for around 1 hour. I thought the service was good, the staff were friendly and as a vodka drinker the lack of optics didn't bother me in the slightest. A vodka and coke was £3.60, which isn't expensive in comparison with the city centre, but is a bit more than I pay in other drinking establishments within a short walking distance of the stadium. Today, I'll retreat to my normal place of alcohol consumption and unless prices have increased dramatically over the Summer months will get the same drink for only a fraction of the price.

Fxxx the SPFL

Bar full no mor allowed in about twenty punters waiting outside there is room but they only have licence for a certain amount of people 

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Bar full no mor allowed in about twenty punters waiting outside there is room but they only have licence for a certain amount of people 

Move over! You're taking up too much room at the bar?

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Move over! You're taking up too much room at the bar?

Got a seat at the window :laugh:

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How busy after the match?

Fairly busy for about an hour, staff friendly and service pretty decent.

• 2 weeks later...

What time does the bar open on Saturday? Had a look through the thread and online but couldn't find any information. 

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, jamboceej said:

Opens at 11:00. Closes at 20:00

Bloody hell, win against Celtic and that looks like a long and dangerous session.

8 minutes ago, John Millar Legend said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but assume you can get in with kids?

Yes, but i'd be early. It's full quickly!

John Millar Legend
6 minutes ago, jamboceej said:

The only time i've been was for a 3pm kick off. Arrived at 1pm and got in, folk at 1.30 had to wait half an hour.

Cheers ? and thanks for the heads up.

14 minutes ago, jamboceej said:

The only time i've been was for a 3pm kick off. Arrived at 1pm and got in, folk at 1.30 had to wait half an hour.

Thanks for the info

The club should make the Gorgie suite a bigger fan's bar, no shortage of space for more hospitality in the main stand. The current fan bar is at the point where folk won't bother trying to go because they know it is already full.

Success is a pain in the arse when it comes to getting served in a pub.

3 hours ago, kila said:

The club should make the Gorgie suite a bigger fan's bar, no shortage of space for more hospitality in the main stand. The current fan bar is at the point where folk won't bother trying to go because they know it is already full.

Success is a pain in the arse when it comes to getting served in a pub.

Not experienced the fans bar yet, hoping to try tomorrow and planning on going early, if I get there early and still don't get in - like you say I'll be less likely to make the same effort again soon.

Fxxx the SPFL

Unfortunately the bar only caters for 150 and that's down to council licencing laws I spoke with one of the stewards before the caley game and he confirmed that was the case and yet there was plenty space for more punters which Hearts are looking into.