Hearts "Fans bar" ( merged )

7628mm

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, old school tie said:

Can we not put a bar in every stand?

It will come eventually if they can manage it, you can walk round though can’t you? 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Just stayed for one drink.

Did it keep decently busy till the end?

Decent enough range of drinks, very fairly priced and there did appear to be enough staff on although getting the initial drink in was slow probably down to the rush of a couple of hundred folk going in at once.  At Patrick Thistle (Aitken Suite?) and Motherwell (Cooper suite) before games starts of slow due staggered entrance as buses and folk turn up but massive queues and folks  buying double rounds in the lead up to the game.  Not sure what they are like after games.

Bit surprised Cardiff game not switched on.  Surely they can split the Tv's?  Good to see Naismith challenge on Brown though.  Not so our goal chalked off, Laffertys laughable marking of Boyata or Smith tracking Souttar  instead of staying with Dembele.

Other wee surprise was the choice of a couple of the programme prints on the wall.  I know our League Cup record is woeful but prints of front covers of losing semi finals against Motherwell and St. Mirren?

Not sure how often I'd use but hope it takes off.

Depends on how many sky boxes you have, if you only have one then it’s all the same programme.

Beast Boy
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Yes I am aware of that fact but everyone will have cash to pay for a pint. Anyway, it seems you could pay by card so not got a clue what the latest whinge is about

I hardly ever carry cash. Always prefer to pay by card.

Bull's-eye
14 minutes ago, Bez said:

I hardly ever carry cash. Always prefer my mates to buy all my bevvy for me.

Yes indeed.

Beast Boy
1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Yes indeed.

?

To be fair, I went to the bloody cashline. ?

SKY Sports has ruined money.

Edited by Bez

20 hours ago, Morgan said:

Yeah, we quite like it too.

We were in two weeks ago and the two wee girls behind the bar were well pished :lol:, throwing back shooters and telling gormless American tourists that they had to buy doubles when they ordered the really expensive malts :) 

Had a really good pint of a lager I had never seen before although the name evades me at the moment.

Hop house 13 it was called!

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hop house 13 it was called!

Made by Guinness.

Just now, SUTOL said:

Made by Guinness.

Cheers.

Didn’t know that. We saw it in quite a few bars in Edinburgh and quite liked it. Thought £5.20 for a pint of it in the Blackbird was a wee bit steep mind.

maroondevo52

Could do with a few high stools round the randomly placed high tables and maybe a wee shelf round the girders for your drink.

Montgomery Brewster

The new fans bar at Tynecastle will open to Hearts fans before and after Wednesday’s Edinburgh Derby. 

The bar, located to the left of the Main Stand Reception, will open to Hearts season ticket holders and those with a valid home end match ticket at 5pm on Wednesday, May 9th. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis with a maximum capacity of 150 patrons. Please note the bar will be cash only.

Please note CASH ONLY for this match....part of the reason is the time taken to process card payments whilst no contactless paypoints

The new fans bar at Tynecastle will open to Hearts fans before and after Wednesday’s Edinburgh Derby.

The bar, located to the left of the Main Stand Reception, will open to Hearts season ticket holders and those with a valid home end match ticket at 5pm on Wednesday, May 9th. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis with a maximum capacity of 150 patrons. Please note the bar will be cash only.

In line with stadium regulations, the bar will close 30 minutes prior to the 7.45pm kick-off.

The bar will then re-open immediately after the full-time whistle. Once again, entry will be for Hearts season ticket holders and those with a valid home end match ticket.

Information on the operating times and access arrangements for next season will be announced prior to the first home fixture of 2018/19.

It should’ve been 12!

I’m thinking of firing along to the bar straight from work so should be in the queue about 4:30 or so.

I wonder when the queuing shall commence?

Fxxx the SPFL
15 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

I’m thinking of firing along to the bar straight from work so should be in the queue about 4:30 or so.

I wonder when the queuing shall commence?

4.29 i'll be first.

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Are kids allowed into the bar?

Not when we're playing Celtic

The Natural Order

Only sells cold fizzy keg pish;

Can't pay by card;

Allows kids in.

No thanks.

adambraejambo

Went in last night before game for 1st time. Loved it. Just walked In no waiting at 6.30pm . Not really a complaint towards the end they had run out of change. I  handed over a tenner for 1 pint of peroni and the tender handed back my change of £6.60 In 20 pence pieces lol (had to force a extra pint and vodka down me to spend it lol) 

3 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Went in last night before game for 1st time. Loved it. Just walked In no waiting at 6.30pm . Not really a complaint towards the end they had run out of change. I  handed over a tenner for 1 pint of peroni and the tender handed back my change of £6.60 In 20 pence pieces lol (had to force a extra pint and vodka down me to spend it lol) 

£3.40 for a pint of Peroni is very reasonable pricing indeed.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:31, 132goals1958 said:

When we saw the queue plan B to the Diggers was duly executed.

Better off going without a drink, awful pub.

Thomson1874

Nice to see Gowser in there before the match having a few drinks. Stopped for a picture as well, cup winning legend. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

When did it close last night?

Asked to start drinking up around 10.45 as they were closing at 11pm.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

£3.40 for a pint of Peroni is very reasonable pricing indeed.

That is good pricing. Might tempt me into going along next season.

Section G The Place To Be
1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

£3.40 for a Peroni is bloody good. It’s £3.40 for a Kronenberg and £3.10 for a shite Fosters in my local. 

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

£3.40 for a Peroni is bloody good. It’s £3.40 for a Kronenberg and £3.10 for a shite Fosters in my local. 

I know excellent value. I just meant it was funny getting £6.40 back in 20p pieces 

Is there generally a limit to the size of these bars inside stadiums? 150 folk doesn't sound very much.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Is there generally a limit to the size of these bars inside stadiums? 150 folk doesn't sound very much.

I imagine max capacity will be determined as part of licensing. 

2 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

The poster says a pint of Peroni.  I once paid more than that ten years ago in a pub.   That is an excellent price.  Even if it was a bottle. 

Section G The Place To Be
14 minutes ago, Paolo said:

The poster says a pint of Peroni.  I once paid more than that ten years ago in a pub.   That is an excellent price.  Even if it was a bottle. 

I know. I was comparing how cheap £3.40 is for  a Peroni compared to what I pay in my local for what are generally much cheaper beers. I remember paying about £4 for a Peroni in Rose street some 6 or 7 years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
Deans Jambo
48 minutes ago, pablo said:

I saw some pictures of the new Strongbow lounge today. It's pretty smart.

New Strongbow lounge? Not heard about this. 

29 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

New Strongbow lounge? Not heard about this. 

New shirt sponsor... :wow: 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, pablo said:

You can't drop that then run away!

Details!!!1!1!1!1!111!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

If so that’s a belter of a scoop!

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Come on, spit it out if you'll pardon the expression.  Did you actually see it or like me, do you imagine things?

I had certainly heard that Strongbow had put up £20m over 5 years but that was just voices in my heid.

A Boy Named Crow
On 10/05/2018 at 03:58, The Natural Order said:

Only sells cold fizzy keg pish;

Can't pay by card;

Allows kids in.

No thanks.

A pub that allows kids in, is no pub at all!

Next thing you have some eejit moaning that his little cherubs are offended by the course language on display etc. 

This is a great opportunity for the club to do something right, but it should be an 18+ venue, take the kids to McDonald’s

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Be good if it was open every day...

I wondered about that with the club's talk of making Tynecastre work for all the days games aren't on.

On 18/05/2018 at 21:09, Sarah O said:

:jjyay:

3fingersreid
14 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Next thing you have some eejit moaning that his little cherubs are offended by the course language on display etc. 

This is a great opportunity for the club to do something right, but it should be an 18+ venue, take the kids to McDonald’s

The mark up on soft drinks is far greater than on beer so to stop kids (well behaved ones) going in isn't good for profit 

On 5/18/2018 at 19:50, pablo said:

Wait, what ?   

Is this happening , would be most :pleasing:  if true, anyone got any info on this ?????????

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:44, A Boy Named Crow said:

Moaning eejit did you say? :lol:

• 1 month later...