• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

25 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Fans bar sounded like it was bouncing yesterday, could hear the singing from the toilets in the legends lounge :lol: 

I can’t think many would have stayed until 8.  ?? I assume that they show the sky/BT matches as well?

siegementality

If someone from the club is looking in a few points:

1 - Although there was an update saying the fans bar would be open before and after the Hearts Colts v Ross County game, I don’t think the opening times were ever published (despite the update saying there would be a further update with the opening times!!!).  That might explain why there was next to no-one in it last night (there were decent numbers at the game). I hate to see the club losing out on money.

2 - I get what the bar is. I get the look. But any chance of making it a bit more of a “fans bar” by having more Hearts related things on the walls. If there aren’t going to be optics on the wall behind the bar can we get framed pictures up (particularly of the old stand, Scottish cup, etc). The club must have lots of stuff that was taken from the old stand. For example, there is an alcove in one of the walls. That could be made into a display cabinet. Toughened glass, a few bit of memorabilia in it. The whole bar is a bit drab at the moment.

3 - Where is the high stools and high tables that were in the bar during the World Cup games? They were far better than what’s in the bar now (which includes some old chair and table that looks like they’ve been dumped in the corner).

4 - I remember being at a cup tie in Brechin many years ago and asking if there was any sauce for my pie. The guy behind the counter said “Sorry, the East Fife guys finished it last week”. It sprung to mind when told there were no crisps left “But we might have some for the next game”. FFS!!

The bar has been open long enough now that the above could have been addressed.

If you need any more interior design tips just let me know ? 

Edited by siegementality

16 minutes ago, siegementality said:

1 - Although there was an update saying the fans bar would be open before and after the Hearts Colts v Ross County game, I don’t think the opening times were ever published (despite the update saying there would be a further update with the opening times!!!).  That might explain why there was next to no-one in it last night (there were decent numbers at the game). I hate to see the club losing out on money.

2 - I get what the bar is. I get the look. But any chance of making it a bit more of a “fans bar” by having more Hearts related things on the walls. If there aren’t going to be optics on the wall behind the bar can we get framed pictures up (particularly of the old stand, Scottish cup, etc). The club must have lots of stuff that was taken from the old stand. For example, there is an alcove in one of the walls. That could be made into a display cabinet. Toughened glass, a few bit of memorabilia in it. The whole bar is a bit drab at the moment.

3 - Where is the high stools and high tables that were in the bar during the World Cup games? They were far better than what’s in the bar now (which includes some old chair and table that looks like they’ve been dumped in the corner).

4 - I remember being at a cup tie in Brechin many years ago and asking if there was any sauce for my pie. The guy behind the counter said “Sorry, the East Fife guys finished it last week”. It sprung to mind when told there were no crisps left “But we might have some for the next game”. FFS!!

Good positive feedback and I'm sure it will be helpful to the hospitality folk at the club.

siegementality
39 minutes ago, JAMBONI said:

Good positive feedback and I'm sure it will be helpful to the hospitality folk at the club.

The better the bar is the more people will use it. I have spoken to a few folk who have been in the fans bar but choose to still go to the Tynie Arms.  They say it feels more like a Hearts fans bar in there than the clubs bar. I get their point but how can that be allowed to happen?

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

The old armchair and table are props from the "A tale of two wars" fringe show that's on 3 times a day at Tynecastle.

Highly recommend any Hearts or Football fan to watch it...superb ???

siegementality
3 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

The old armchair and table are props from the "A tale of two wars" fringe show that's on 3 times a day at Tynecastle.

Ah, that would explain it!

?

9 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The better the bar is the more people will use it. I have spoken to a few folk who have been in the fans bar but choose to still go to the Tynie Arms.  They say it feels more like a Hearts fans bar in there than the clubs bar. I get their point but how can that be allowed to happen?

I called in last night for a pint after the game. There were only about 10 people in.  I get the impression that the club are very much "seeintg how it goes " at the moment. Good pint and very reasonable prices. 

I thought service was decent on  Saturday evening after the match considering how busy it was. Boy was serving me and also pouring pints for the next in queue at the same time. And he had a smile in his face unlike some miserable feckers in pubs up town.

IMG-20180811-WA0017.jpeg

Edited by Forza Cuore

john brownlee
3 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

Seen it today, excellent, really worth a see. The actors wer

e superb. Props and uniforms were correct to a T.

Edited by john brownlee

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been covered on this page somewhere but does anyone know what time they stop serving before kick off and can you stay in and finish your drinks after this time? Thanks 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting that they are openng on non match days. Good to test the market. 

Yeah great idea. Can see folk making a wee afternoon of it. Visit to the club store and a few beers in the bar ??

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

They sold pies during the world cup games, do they do this pre match?

We got some free pizza during the first Brazil match. ?

maroonlegions
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We got some free pizza during the first Brazil match. ?

Freebies ,you dont say.

Image result for Still Game

Had a brilliant day out in the fans bar yesterday. Great atmosphere before and after the game. Plenty Hearts songs being sung. Service was quick and easy at the bar and the prices are superb. Was great watching the Alba re-run of the game on the big screen too ??

Edited by Frank1874

Fxxx the SPFL

Going in today to spend some pennies and hope for a draw six sending offs, four broken legs and broony gets a melter in the baws 

Holyrood_Hearts
On 31/08/2018 at 12:33, His name is said:

I'm sure it's been covered on this page somewhere but does anyone know what time they stop serving before kick off and can you stay in and finish your drinks after this time? Thanks 

I know for yesterday the bar was closing at 2.45pm so everyone had to drink up & be out by then. 

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I know for yesterday the bar was closing at 2.45pm so everyone had to drink up & be out by then. 

This

We were all.politely kicked out at quarter to 3. A blessing in disguise for at least one in our group.

:olly:

Edited by ...a bit disco

maroonlegions

Stood in a queue yesterday , asked a steward at the door what time was last orders 2.15pm came the reply, what time is it now i asked out of interest  ," 2.11pm "came his reply, so even if i get let in in the next 10 mins or so they is a very good chance i will NOT get served i replied. He looked at me like the penny had dropped and realised that me and the queue of around 20 of us were wasting our time. Feck knows if he told  the others in that queue as i walked away.?

42 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

What time does the bar close?

Tried to get in for a beer at 2:30 but was told the bar was shut.

Last orders 2.30 and everyone out by 2.45 yesterday ??

5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Mobbed in the bar just now just me and the wife 

Seriously? Just two people when a games on. Looking like it’s days could be numbered outside of match days if it can’t pull punters in with live game on tv. Shame.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Seriously? Just two people when a games on. Looking like it’s days could be numbered outside of match days if it can’t pull punters in with live game on tv. Shame.

Aye it's up to us punters to try and keep it going I'm sure there will be plenty jambos watching this in boozers around Edinburgh we stay in Trinity (I know posh fecker not) and we've come along was hoping a few others would be in. Anyway quick service at the bar.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hearts matches, Scotland matches, cup finals and world cup/euros will likely be it, unless they can think of other incentivs to go. 

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its not great, but there would be a similar complaint if the place was rammed to watch the old firm game as well.

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

More staff than customers eh Ray ? 

??

2-2 although security guy has come in case of any crowd trouble.

3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

This

We were all.politely kicked out at quarter to 3. A blessing in disguise for at least one in our group.

:olly:

:D

Scnorthedinburgh
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He heard you and the wife were going Ray.

Im quite proud the fans bar is empty for a OF game.

Sitting not a million miles away having to listen to hearts fans cheer on Rangers.

Don't think they are doing it as it would benefit Hearts.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Im quite proud the fans bar is empty for a OF game.

Sitting not a million miles away having to listen to hearts fans cheer on Rangers.

Don't think they are doing it as it would benefit Hearts.

Well we're certainly not cheering any of these shit scumballs wanted a draw

Scnorthedinburgh
Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Well we're certainly not cheering any of these shit scumballs wanted a draw

Draw would be perfect, but kill my bet. Hope it stays like this then a 22 man riot and they both get docked points once my winnings are in.

Fxxx the SPFL
19 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Draw would be perfect, but kill my bet. Hope it stays like this then a 22 man riot and they both get docked points once my winnings are in.

Glad you got your bet up

2 minutes ago, Jenks said:

At least it would be easy to get a pint today. Staffing is poor on match day.

How many staff are there on match days?