***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

underwaterwoodwelder

Imagine what we could do if we attacked more..rather than waiting till we are 1 nil down.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeartofHartley

Why don't managers CL included see that playing attacking expansive football like Celtic, Hibs etc gets you results?? 

It makes no sense the tactics managers use over the course of a season(s) that let us fall short so often.

ATTACKING FOOTBALL WINS GAMES WAKE THE F UP.

Maybe the master plan is to bore the pants off the Rangers players, then ask them politely if they wouldn't mind letting us score a goal...............just a thought.

Honking. These types of performance won’t help many people rush to purchase their season tickets! 

A typical hearts away performance, come to frustrate Rangers.. it’s frustrating me. Nothing to play for, so let’s sit back and make sure we don’t loose 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, DVB said:

Randall playing well

Provided you don't ask him to pass or cross.

Bazzas right boot

The comments on this thread are dire.

We do not have  the quality in midfield  to dictate a game of football at Ibrox.

We all know our midfield is shite, yet some on here act surprised when it actually is shite. Folk not seen us this  year,  folk not know the limits of our players?

This is utter garbage. No effort to look for a man or a forward  pass to make something happen. We're just holding onto the ball for as long as we can. which isn't long. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

No i expected us to be patient and try and keep possession when we get it and let them come on to us cause we lack energy to do much else. 

Hibs have different qualities to us at the moment but we also rarely go and attack away from home in history. That burst by Naismiths the first time weve looked energetic.

I think this is what many find rather difficult to accept given where each of is have spent the last few years 

This is frankly a disgrace so far. Nothing different to previous two trips through there. I couldn't put myself through a third trip there this year. Absolutely putrid 

People can reference to pant wetters etc etc but the truth is that Hearts section is far from full and Gorgie Live being pulled today tells you something about fan engagement at this time 

This cautious approach defines this manager and it ain't getting fans overly engaged 

Marooned in Sec Z

Watched kids playing better football down the local park this morning. This is absolute dire stuff. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Rangers players a predicting we ate passing back all the time. Lets confuse them and play forward.

shaun.lawson

This is ridiculous. Rangers: pass and move. Hearts: stand and watch. :down: 

And all at a time when they're in huge crisis, their fans are deliberately staying quiet by way of protest, and we have literally nothing to lose by going for it for once.

And hey: they might miss a hatful of chances, we might get lucky and nick one from somewhere. But what is this? What the hell is this? 

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We do not have  the quality in midfield  to dictate a game of football at Ibrox.

We all know our midfield is shite, yet some on here act surprised when it actually is shite. Folk not seen us this  year,  folk not know the limits of our players?

Not a single person on here has said anything about "dictating" anything so stop making it up.  CL clearly has no faith in his team. It shows. Its feckin dire. 

skinnybob72

Once again the match thread on here is more entertaining than the actual match. 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Quite pleased that YouTube stream has stopped working

I'm in Cyprus can't see the game on Skygo because I forgot to log in before I left UK to establish my domicile. Was glad to get the Utube link which worked well, however equal pleased it was removed. Such a dismal game!

Oh well, back to sunbathing?

gowestjambo
3 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Barca? For real. Wow.

No a kid on Barca ya dafty would be good enough to make us look ordinary!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

I honestly think some of you would be happier if we were 3 down having poured men forward and got caught on the counter.

Our shape is good and we look well positioned to capitalise on them making a mistake.

letsalldothebeattie

Godinho looking like a real talent. If he can add a bit of strength to his game he will become a real asset. Too easily pushed off the ball from Candais 

You might have thought tactics guru MacPhee would have pointed out that Rangers are having their worst season at Ibrox because teams are having a go at them.

It is no wonder the manager has such an appalling record in Glasgow 

heatonjambo
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I may have missed this but why is adao on the bench?

need his energy and drive

rick witter

Get this season over with. 

I hope our manager has a plan for next season because this pish away from home cannot continue 

it is a joke frankly to sit back and defend against every team we play away from home!!!

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I honestly think some of you would be happier if we were 3 down having poured men forward and got caught on the counter.

Our shape is good and we look well positioned to capitalise on them making a mistake.

Stop talking bollocks. If you can. 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

And all at a time when they're in huge crisis, their fans are deliberately staying quiet by way of protest, and we have literally nothing to lose by going for it for once.

And hey: they might miss a hatful of chances, we might get lucky and nick one from somewhere. But what is this? What the hell is this? 

Aye but Levein will get right it the summer seemingly come the panacea :thumbsup:

gowestjambo
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Its not an advertisement for season ticket sales that's for sure!!

manaliveits105

We are putting about the same amount of effort in as ceptic did at fester road but we of course are not adventurous according to commentators

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts fans hoping Newco score so they can all as one state “I told you so”

Bazzas right boot
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Not a single person on here has said anything about "dictating" anything so stop making it up.  CL clearly has no faith in his team. It shows. Its feckin dire. 

folk have  compared it to celtic/ hibs. they have better midfields.

He clearly does have little faith.. he said he needs at least 9 new players...why is this news to folk?

Manager who publicly states he needs nine new players in thinking we need new players shocker.

Archived