***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

No desire ,no energy,no ambition eye bleeding watching.Rangers are there for the taking,but leveins playing  for a 0-0.

must have the worst midfield in all four divisions of Scottish football.Embarassing to show this on national tv

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam_the_legend

Amankwaa hasn’t impressed since joining but sometimes players need time to settle. 

shaun.lawson

Rangers really lost their way over the last 20 minutes. I don't think that has much to do with us. It's all to do with them. Their fans get on their backs every time they do something wrong (FAO certain posters: you want negativity? There's negativity), they have no confidence whatever, and not to put too fine a point on it, they're shite.

We're... working hard. Naismith's at the heart of everything good, and there are little chinks appearing. Their keeper's dodgy as ****, and they're there for the taking. So can we at least try and take them Craig? Please? Pretty please? 

Midloth_Iain
5 minutes ago, Beats said:

Absolute shite. This is a Dead rubber, have a go at them. Learning nothing sitting back for 90 mins. Leveins an utter coward

Agreed. Football to make your eyes bleed

TyphoonJambo

I just don’t get this mentality. The points mean nothing so why play for a draw? It’s supposed to be entertainment so why not have a go. I am a massive Levine admirer and I get the bigger longer term plan but today is a free go at a very average Rangers. Show some balls guys. 

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

McDonald on for amankwaa please. 

Adao for Smith/ Cowie. 

Need to show something. that first half was brutal. 

Thought Smith has done ok. Adao would be an upgrade on Cowie.

The Comedian
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Rangers really lost their way over the last 20 minutes. I don't think that has much to do with us. It's all to do with them. Their fans get on their backs every time they do something wrong (FAO certain posters: you want negativity? There's negativity), they have no confidence whatever, and not to put too fine a point on it, they're shite.

We're... working hard. Naismith's at the heart of everything good, and there are little chinks appearing. Their keeper's dodgy as ****, and they're there for the taking. So can we at least try and take them Craig? Please? Pretty please? 

Naw, you don't win by attacking mate.

:bwcornette:

Adam_the_legend
Just now, Jambo54 said:

No desire ,no energy,no ambition eye bleeding watching.Rangers are there for the taking,but leveins playing  for a 0-0.

must have the worst midfield in all four divisions of Scottish football.Embarassing to show this on national tv

Wow. Incredible comment. 

:bolt:

All Out Attack

Just go Levein and take your insipid anti-football with you. 

Dreadful first half against one of the worst Rangers teams if all time. Amankwaa is clearly another dud, yet no come back on Levein yet again. When is someone finally going to become accountable for all our continuing mistakes. 

We haven't even sold out our away allocation which speaks volumes over what real supporters think of our away game mindset. 

Still haven't bought our season tickets for next term yet as the thought of Levein and his cronies doesn't film me with optimisim. 

Come on Hearts, get a grip here. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Amankwaa hasn’t impressed since joining but sometimes players need time to settle. 

He has done nothing so far but looks desperately in need of confidence and sharpness 

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I would take a draw right now.

Our manager would have taken it pre match 

Try and win at home and get a point away by being as dull as feck is the strategy 

How does Kris Commons get paid actual real money to sit there and chat utter shite?

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

must have the worst midfield in all four divisions of Scottish football

That's a bit over the top but we do lack creativity, ideas, vision and pace in the midfield.

Definitely a drab first half. Would like a wee bit excitement in the second half. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The stadium announcer just wished the Queen a happy birthday ??

A day late. Shocking behaviour. To the Tower with him!

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

We haven't even sold out our away allocation which speaks volumes over what real supporters think of our away game mindset. 

This is the bit that gets me, although a Sunday lunch time is a shite time for a game of football.

Dire stuff all round.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How does Kris Commons get paid actual real money to sit there and chat utter shite?

Horrible pundit

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Him and Boyd both choosing their words about Hearts VERY carefully. Shame really. Should be getting in about it. 

Looks like a pretty normal performance from us really. Middle of the table stuff, well within our wee comfort zone tbf

No need to put in much effort, or break into a sweat, or take any risks imo.

jambo in iraq

why do we do this...? nothing to lose, just go out and have a go FFS. THis is the most pointless backs to the wall borefest i have seen in a long time.

Dross.

4 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Amankwaa was an 18 month loan if i remember correctly.  Could maybe cut it short.  

No he was an 18month permanent as hes been out with bad injuries , from there it gives us a chance to look at him properly as he has a good pedigree and was rated by Copenhagen. If he is a success we have an option for an extra year.

Hopefully, we have been using Paulo Sergio's cup semi-final rope-a-dope tactics and we hit them had with some sucker punches in this half

22games nro

I’d actually take a defeat as long as we at least had a go, 

nothing to play, for just get Intae them, stop embarrassing the club with this boring stuff !

Famous 1874

Truly awful game of football. Levein's game plan is working but Rangers really are here for the taking. Just have a go at them for once in the second half please. 

Adam_the_legend
Just now, whodanny said:

That's a bit over the top but we do lack creativity, ideas, vision and pace in the midfield.

No argument here. Hoping for some decent signings in the summer, including keeping Milinkovic, Adao and Naismith 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because he played for one of the OF.  Therefore his opinions count.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I just don’t get this mentality. The points mean nothing so why play for a draw? It’s supposed to be entertainment so why not have a go. I am a massive Levine admirer and I get the bigger longer term plan but today is a free go at a very average Rangers. Show some balls guys. 

It's ludicrous. The season died at Fir Park. We should've been playing with an eye on next season ever since - but absolutely now we're in the top 6. Now's the time to experiment, try something different, try and actually take the game to them. 

I'm starting to conclude Levein must think we get 3 points for a 0-0 draw. 

kirkierobroy

Dreadful Sevco side, boos from the home fans, Chic Young sounding gutted in the studio... game entirely there for the taking. Get the first goal and Sevco will crumble. If ever there was a time for Levein to act against type it's now.

Bit of a bore this. I'd have taken 0-0 HT before the game, solid defensively but wish we'd have more of a bloody go, what is there to lose?! Rangers are absolutely honking today.

Amankwaa is a waste of a jersey.

12 minutes ago, Phage said:

We signed DA permanently on a long contract right? 

:jj_facepalm:

Only an 18 month contract fortunately. But just another huddy from the continental bargain basement.

rick witter
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Well that was awful. Typical Hearts performance away from home.

Pity we have to play half our games away from home.

Rangers are awful as well.

Nothing to play for and nothing to lose and we play like we have done on the road all season.

What makes folk think things will change next season?

Exactly mate. What have we got to gain by playing eye bleeding anti football. The worst thing is Levein will be delighted so far that’s the most worrying thing. If it doesn’t change next year he has to go. 

Mom not saying we should beat Rangers at Ibrox and if we parked the bus for this game and games against Celtic away that’s one thing. 

It’s EVERY away game and it’s an absolute shambles. 

I think we've had the better chances in the first half, I can't remember them really threatening us. We're allowing them to have a lot of possession but they can't do anything with it. We're stopping crosses coming in and any that do come in, Berra's heading them clear.

Looking towards the second half, if we continue what we're doing at the back and manage to create 2 or 3 chances to score, if we can take one of them, it will be a deserved win.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

A rangers team who can go 2nd.

Folk have no grasp of  reality, it showed prematch with 3-0 predications and the like while saying we need lots of new players and we are shite- Then folk get angry when we don't go to Ibrox  and hammer them. 

Couldn't make it up.

This is the worst Rangers team and the worst league i can remember. Our fans are watching this crap all round the world and it's embarrassing. The paint should be coming of the walls in the Hearts dressing room. Our wingbacks are not getting forward because our passing is shocking. We have 3 centrebacks why if the wingsbacks don't get forward. Smith first touch and passing is poor, Cowie is not imposing himself in midfield, whats his name no.7 is an absolute joke and should never play in this league even Cowdenbeath wouldn't want him. You wonder what Levein and his merry helpers do at training. If we can't beat the worst Rangers team i've ever seen in 60+ years we need to make drastic changes to the management of the team.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A day late. Shocking behaviour. To the Tower with him!

Dilly Dilly!?

The White Cockade

missing Milinkovic big time

You can see how much a difference his work rate and urgency makes

Amankwaa is like a man down today

Not providing anything going forward or defensively

Cowie and Smith working hard and doing ok as are the defence

even Naismith and Lafferty have looked decent but we are scared to take a chance

and go for it when 3 points are there for the taking

Maybe we will be more positive second half let's hope so

Mcdonald for Amankwaa would be a good move

RealMaroonCF

Kris Boyd “hoping rangers get the breakthrough”

is there another country in the world where media bias is this bad

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This for me . Although our midfield really are poor in possession against better sides. It’s brutal 

Can’t believe people honestly thought Levein would have a go at Ibrox. The gameplay as usual away from home is to try and take a 0-0. 

Dreadful game. Sevco are absolutely honking but unfortunately we are as poor. Our midfield really is so far below the standard required.

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Archived