***Official Rangers v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

They've been a bogey team this season and I usually wouldn't expect much, but they've been in real turmoil this week. I'll go with a cautious 2-2.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to it because of the turmoil at Ibrox.  Think we'll be chirpy and win 3-0.

Captain Canada

If we approach it with a positive attitude then we can definitely win. If we sit back and show them too much respect then we'll lose. 

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

With really nothing to lose I hope we go out with a less cautious approach than usual.

That mentality doesn't change over night I'm afraid. Seen it at Motherwell the way they started and then again at Dundee when we did start better we then sat back after scoring.

The Internet

Any kind of result for us and their fans will be raging. Could be great scenes. 

Usually come away from Ibrox with nowt, can't see that changing this weekend.

They are there for the taking. It all depends how many of our present squad can be bothered lifting their game and making it happen. Still think we will come away with a win.

letsalldothebeattie

We literally have nothing to lose in these last 5 games and I hope Levein tells the players that. Just go at Rangers from the off and we should get the result. They were terrible on Sunday and if we can add to the misery even better. 

2-0 Hearts, Lafferty & Naismith goals

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

We literally have nothing to lose in these last 5 games and I hope Levein tells the players that. Just go at Rangers from the off and we should get the result. They were terrible on Sunday and if we can add to the misery even better. 

2-0 Hearts, Lafferty & Naismith goals

Just go at them and we should win, simple.

they got beat by Celtic so they are shit.

If only it was that easy.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, jambopilms said:

Just go at them and we should win, simple.

they got beat by Celtic so they are shit.

If only it was that easy.

Look at what we did to Celtic & Aberdeen 

So far this season, Rangers have been beaten at home by Kilmarnock (1-0), Celtic (3-2, 2-0), Hibs (2-1, 3-2), St Johnstone (3-1), Hamilton Accies (2-0), and Motherwell (2-0).

Surely to **** we can go there and beat them as well.

2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

At home on a small pitch. Easier to play a high tempo pressing game. We go at them and win is  not as easy as some think, especially as they will likely fly out of the blocks themselves.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

At home on a small pitch. Easier to play a high tempo pressing game. We go at them and win is  not as easy as some think, especially as they will likely fly out of the blocks themselves.

Nah, sorry, not going for this small pitch bollocks. It's an extra 4 yards wide at Ibrox....big deal. 

If they come flying out the blocks, what are we then to do ? Shite it and defend ?

No, sorry, no excuses this time, at them from the start.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Nah, sorry, not going for this small pitch bollocks. It's an extra 4 yards wide at Ibrox....big deal. 

If they come flying out the blocks, what are we then to do ? Shite it and defend ?

No, sorry, no excuses this time, at them from the start.

Ok you have beat me, if we attack we will win etc etc. Hopefully we will but I can't see it.

Cant help feeling there is a huge amount of folk on here setting themselves up for a levein bashing session next week.

For what it's worth 1-1.

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ok you have beat me, if we attack we will win etc etc. Hopefully we will but I can't see it.

Cant help feeling there is a huge amount of folk on here setting themselves up for a levein bashing session next week.

For what it's worth 1-1.

For what it's worth, i'm not overy confident either but all five remaining games should be played the same way...on the front foot.

We,literally, have nothing to lose.

letsalldothebeattie
26 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Sorry not buying that bigger pitch excuse. It’s ibrox it’s not that much bigger than Tynie it’s not like we are going to Wembley or Camp Nou on massive pitches. And as I said we have nothing to lose here. I’d rather see us go at everyone in the last 5 games than play out 5 boring performances. 

The Internet
34 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Ref will win this game for Rangers.

Simply will not allow a Hearts win.

Why not? 

38 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Ref will win this game for Rangers.

Simply will not allow a Hearts win.

Heard this nonsense about Collum before we whipped the demons 4-0.

Conclusion ?

High press beats paranoia...every day of the week !

highlandjambo3

I have signed up for the stv.com/win guess the score this weekend on all 6 games and, I predicted 3-1 to us"...............well it was a free punt

Hagar the Horrible

WE need to set down a marker for next season, go there without fear, play like you own the place, Show a bit of arrogance and pile on the misery?

However there should be a reaction from a massive in-house bust up, it usualy works in your favour but their 2 best players are offski.  But as always when Rangers are in big trouble, the SFA come to the rescue, I still think we will win, but we will have a red card.

Anyhoo Chic last night said based on the performance of last week, none of the staring 11 would make it into the St Mirren side with that kind of performance,  I would for once agree with him.  They are on the ropes, and have been punching above their weight, but we need go for the knockout blow,  I still dont think they are a team 16 points beter than us?  A win would restrict their reliance on european football to bail them out

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Win win situation this weekend. Opportunity to rub their noses which is my preference, but the consolation of yet another abysmal weekend on the road, well, Hibs suffer and so do the Sheep.

I will go with Tartys prediction of 2-2, though in similar circumstances of darkness in Govan we have thrived. Bit of a full circle for them from Murrayfield, where Murty was lifting them off the canvas, they are back on it.

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Yeah, because the sit back and ease our way into games has worked brilliantly on the road for us this season.

Have a go for the 90mins.

Cut The Crap

As a club, we don't seem to have the mentality to go to places like Dens Park or Fir Park and dominate the opposition, so it's hard to see us doing it at Ibrox, even against this extremely limited Rangers team. 

Puzzles me sometimes why some folk follow Hearts - it seems to be a real horsehair shirt for them.

While we should be a wee bit weary of the injured bear, I would like us to go and have a go.  Finish the season off on a highand carry that through into next season and we'll all feel positive.  Won't we?

41 minutes ago, Haken said:

Puzzles me sometimes why some folk follow Hearts - it seems to be a real horsehair shirt for them.

While we should be a wee bit weary of the injured bear, I would like us to go and have a go.  Finish the season off on a highand carry that through into next season and we'll all feel positive.  Won't we?

Nah, that'll never catch on :whistling: 

Bridge of Djoum

We simply have to go at them. And I think we will. 

We are doing them, 3-0.

0-2 Lafferty & Skinny, let them do all the fouling in the 1st 15 mins as they get frustrated,hope a few of them get booked.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Craig Thomson is the ref.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeatur!

8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

They've been a bogey team this season and I usually wouldn't expect much, but they've been in real turmoil this week. I'll go with a cautious 2-2.

They're vulnerable at the moment so 1-2

Hearts :flagwave:

rick witter
6 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Both at Home though. 

We are ultra defensive away from home which will probably result in a defeat to nil. 

I think our best post split season was when we had nothing to play for. We won 4, drew 1.

Whatever - I’m sure we had those stats one season.

Bazzas right boot

rangers are still decent and if they get on the front foot are good going forward 

However they are poor defensively and their confidence is shot.

get a grip of dorrans and Murphy  we can win, not 100% confident we have the midfield quality to do that tho.

1st goal is crucial.

also a must win game for them and  a nothing game for us, so with that in mind 2-0 them...

but if we score first.... 6-3 us.

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

We simply have to go at them. And I think we will. 

We are doing them, 3-0.

Here's one for you......we've only scored 3 goals at Ibrox TWICE in the last 55 years!  

September 1973 and January 1996. Both 3-0 wins. So your prediction would be some what historic should it happen! 

Our record at Ibrox really is astonishingly shite, we've only won there 6 times in the last 40 years!!  :berra:

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Hendricks said:

Here's one for you......we've only scored 3 goals at Ibrox TWICE in the last 55 years!  

September 1973 and January 1996. Both 3-0 wins. So your prediction would be some what historic should it happen! 

History is always just around the corner, H.

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

rangers are still decent and if they get on the front foot are good going forward 

However they are poor defensively and their confidence is shot.

get a grip of dorrans and Murphy  we can win, not 100% confident we have the midfield quality to do that tho.

1st goal is crucial.

also a must win game for them and  a nothing game for us, so with that in mind 2-0 them...

but if we score first.... 6-3 us.

No way were conceding 3

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

History is always just around the corner, H.

And written by the victors. 3-0 with Harry getting his old firm double.

Hopefully we can get a positive result. I'm probably as keen to see that we are positive as much as anything.  Our left back weakness could be highlighted yet again I suspect 

Approach it like we did last month and we will get nothing 

Cruyff Turn

If we play in a positive fashion and go out with no fear to utterly destroy them, then we will, they are there for the taking. 

If we sit back and defend, they will become more confident and start controlling the match and ultimately win it.

Our record at home against them recently has been pretty good but we've not been great at Ibrox for a while. Miller has been a thorn in our sides so hopefully he'll be left out.

An optimistic 1-0 Hearts

Archived