***The Official Dundee V Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Bridge of Djoum

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Harsh.

Perhaps but it was either that or just call him a . Thought it best to go in subtle. ?

He still seems to have avoided the questions about wanting Kyle at hearts. Strange that. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

I've just read Levein's post-match comments and he seems to think we tried to win the game. I saw no real evidence of that in the second half. 

We'll do very well to win another game this season. 

That WAS Craig trying to win the game. Depressing though that may be.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Jesus, that's a sobering thought. 

TyphoonJambo

Personally, I thought it was turgid,slow, boring and bloody embarrassingly amateurish to watch. A terrible advert for Scottish football. Maybe I’ll feel better in the morning but that was crap. And, for the record, I’m a big fan of Craig’s, but that needs sorting for next year.

21 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I think you will find you started the childish shit. And why would I care about a video from when he didn't play for us? The fact you fired onto Google to find this (still nothing from him playing for us tho) tells us all we need to know. 

Your ending me today ??? 

If I were a Dundee fan I’d feel a little hard done by. I think we were lucky to leave with a point. I’m not looking forward to the last 6 games ??.

1 hour ago, Highways and Byways said:

Deary me.

Such an accusation could be aimed at any club in the country if you were as willing to dismiss their goal(s) as easily as you are here.

I thought we were very decent at times first half and rather than dismiss the first 2 minutes (why on earth would I?!) I thought we scored an utterly fantastic goal.

Each to their own though.

I thought we scored a great goal, then did very little of any note the rest of the half.

letsalldothebeattie

Absolutely terrible today. Started so well with the early Callachan goal then we just gave up and gifted Dundee a way back into the game. In the end lucky to come away with a point 

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's more than just tactics that lead to success.  The skill level of the players is also vitally important, and our recruitment in the last couple of years has, to say the least, been spotty.  

But it has to be recognised that high-skill players, or prolific goal scorers, aren't just sitting around waiting for Hearts to come calling.  Other teams are just as interested in those players are we are, and often those teams have more money to offer than Hearts.  Maybe CL's tactics are a reflection of the fact that our players are lacking in certain skill areas.  What's the old saying?  "You cut your clothes to suit your cloth." 

I'm not forgetting that CL is responsible for recruitment, so he is responsible for the results on the field, regardless of what the basic problem is, recruitment or tactics.

CL's tactics does not work imo for the players at his disposal now.

1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

Bearing in mind 1986 are you ****ing kidding me????

32 ****ing years ago had a bearing on our result today?? 

Well maybe yeah as the same shite bag who bottled helping the team out that day now leads the club on the pitch 

Not much today.  We needed a result to get the points that would ensure a top 6 place.  Just reminded me of one of my darkest days as a Hearts supporter.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

CL's tactics does not work imo for the players at his disposal now.

Our results have improved. 

13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our results have improved. 

When up against Cathro, nothing to shout home about.

4 wins out of 16 away from home......i cannae wait for the DVD.

MacDonald Jardine
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not much today.  We needed a result to get the points that would ensure a top 6 place.  Just reminded me of one of my darkest days as a Hearts supporter.

Aye okay.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

When up against Cathro, nothing to shout home about.

4 wins out of 16 away from home......i cannae wait for the DVD.

Not saying results have been great.... maybe more to do with the quality of the squad. 

Perhaps CL is getting the best you can expect from this group of players?

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Not saying results have been great.... maybe more to do with the quality of the squad. 

do you reckon Kilmarnock and Dundee etc have a better group of players than us?

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I think you will find you started the childish shit. And why would I care about a video from when he didn't play for us? The fact you fired onto Google to find this (still nothing from him playing for us tho) tells us all we need to know. 

Perhaps because it shows his diving history you wanted to know about? Can you answer the question about the Northern Ireland dive? Can you explain that?

You complained before I posted any evidence, now you're complaining after I posted it :lol: .

He's dived several times for us, I'm pretty sure he took a tumble against Killie when we drew 1-1.

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The starting 11 had 6 internationalist, u21 captain, a goalie in international squad.

The bench was full of promising youngsters we all rave about.

Not a great reflection on CL if that is the best he can get out of them.

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

We played positively in the first 20 minutes then did little else. 

I just want a team that goes out trying to win every game. If Levein did that, I'd have no issue with him. My issue is that we approach games in the same way week after week generally and get very similar outcomes. If we'd converted even half our draws this season into wins, we'd be in a much healthier position, more reflective of the squad at his disposal. 

Cathro was rightly fired after winning only 9 games out of 30 as manager. In the league this season, we've won 10 out of 32 under Levein. 

Levein has had a lot more draws and is clearly a better manager, but if football is about winning matches (as it should be), rather than avoiding defeat, then he's hardly setting the heather alight.

We can't keep using all the away games at the start of the season as an excuse. We had a long run of home games too and didn't capitalise on them.

The cautious approach has seen us underachieve this season, but we seem to be persisting with it. 

Wait, is it really now being suggested that Levein is getting the most out of this squad of players?

:cornette:

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are not a shambles. We are simply mediocre.

We are a shambles. 

5 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Not at all.

We don’t challenge for trophies. We’ve won  three in my lifetime. If you mean challenging for Europe then that’s different.

Challenging for trophies is different from winning trophies. Do you understand now. 

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Murder...

Aye, no dramatization here.

Ffs

Now come on you know it's a figure of speech or do you come from Timbuktu.

If you don’t enjoy watching Hearts matches don’t go it’s as simple as that.

Happy Easter everyone

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Be realistic Mitch, we’ve taken a 1-1 draw in an unspectacular game at dens park with a patched together team, where earlier this season we were beaten 2-1. Based on some of the posts here you would think we had been beaten convincingly today, which is simply not the case. While we weren’t very good, we were definitely worth a point and could have been out of sight at half time. Then second half we were cautious not to lose our point which in my opinion is fair enough. That point has put us in the top 6 today so it’s a bloody good thing we never chucked it. 

I am not in denial, just realistic about where we are now. A draw at dens park to secure top 6 football is not good enough for Hearts. I am WELL aware of that and am raging about it. But it is better than where we were at the start of the season so I am ready to move on from my disappointment with this season, take my point at dens and hopefully now enjoy some good games at Tynecastle where we are unbeaten in 15 games under Craig Levein.

Then we move on to next season where the pressure is going to turn up substantially.

That's all very well but i just don't see Levein being a good manager for Hearts. Everybody who wants to give Levein the summer for signings then the new season are making a mistake in my opinion. As far as i can see he just hasn't got the skills to mould a team.

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's the dire football which comes from the over cautious tactics.  The most frustrating thing is that our better players are being stifled and we are not giving ourselves the best chance of winning games and, accordingly, cups. The problem will not be solved by adding 8 or 9 players it has to come from a different approach to games. Either Levein  cant see it or his stubborness prevents him from changing his mindset. Either way, he has to change or be moved on. 

Which better players are being stifled out of interest, especially today? Before they were injured Djoum was actually given MORE freedom to attack with the signing of a good DM behind him, and Mitchell was clearly given licence to attack at will - and it showed in how much better we started playing with more threat through the middle and down the left. As Levein himself has said we badly need a new attacking mid. He couldn't;t find one in January but by all accounts tried.

Just now, mitch41 said:

That's all very well but i just don't see Levein being a good manager for Hearts. Everybody who wants to give Levein the summer for signings then the new season are making a mistake in my opinion. As far as i can see he just hasn't got the skills to mould a team.

So we rip it up and start again? Good plan... what could possibly go wrong?

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Naismith dropped deep when Henderson came on because he was doing absolutely nothing up front for 70 minutes.

Sure he tracked back as did Lafferty when needs must but, to say he was playing deep for most of the game is blatantly rubbish.

Another pair of shyte tinted glasses!

You think Deacon is decent?  If we signed him and he ran past players as he can with little end product, you'd be slagging Levein for signing him.  The guy's a headless chicken most of the time.

Skinny coming back from injury and to say he is our biggest attacking threat, when he has played about three great games and a goo few more indifferent ones.  Shows how poor Naismith has been, eh?

Give Skinny a run in the team and it won't be long before you're slagging Levein for "persisting" with him.

It wasn't a case of prodding the ball about in the middle of the park, Naismith  and Cowie showed a poor touch, poor passing and too easily brushed aside.  As for Lafferty's miss before their goal!!!  We didn't look like scoring because the many crosses that went into the box were poor quality and I'm finding it hard to remember exactly how many times our play broke down on the edge of THEIR box, a fair number.

Didn't sit back - why the question marks?  Are you saying we did sit back?  If so, you were in some alternative universe.

Naismith was nowhere near playing up front. He was 20-30 yards from Lafferty all game as he’s been in god knows how many games since he got here.

The only shyte tinted glasses are coming from those that can’t see what the problems are.

Second time I’ve seen Deacon against us and second time he’s caused problems by running at us. Compared to the wingers we had on he was positively Ronald-esque.

Levein clearly has an issue with Milinkovic even before today so let’s not go there.

Except for the first 20 minutes we were garbage today. No cutting edge, no skill, no drive. How much attacking intent did we actually have in the final third. That’s what I mean by prodding the fall round the middle of the park. We worked their goalkeeper twice. Lafferty and Cowie. Yet again we had McLaughlin to thank for getting something from a game.

clearly your difference of attacking and mine are different so let’s leave it there

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

Which better players are being stifled out of interest, especially today? Before they were injured Djoum was actually given MORE freedom to attack with the signing of a good DM behind him, and Mitchell was clearly given licence to attack at will - and it showed in how much better we started playing with more threat through the middle and down the left. As Levein himself has said we badly need a new attacking mid. He couldn't;t find one in January but by all accounts tried.

We primarily needed three things in January new attacking mid , lb/lwb and a solid quality cdm. We got two of the three. then lost Demi and lost Djoum. All but put us back where we started with an unfit unbalanced squad. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Lafferty and Naismith imo

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

We primarily needed three things in January new attacking mid , lb/lwb and a solid quality cdm. We got two of the three. then lost Demi and lost Djoum. All but put us back where we started with an unfit unbalanced squad. 

Exactly. Just excuses though apparently, especially as Djoum looked like he could be the new attacking mid (ie the old Djoum who does what we saw him do so well under Neilson).

5 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

So we rip it up and start again? Good plan... what could possibly go wrong?

Rip what up and start again? It is the first team that is struggling. Rest of the club seems to be doing alright.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Lafferty and Naismith imo

Lafferty's doing his job by being our most prolific striker for some time. Naismith can't do it all himself. With Djoum and Mitchell supplying and supporting him he would be much better.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

Exactly. Just excuses though apparently.

Someone said earlier we should of had our winger on the right. Drives me nuts. Put Amankwaa on the right (which is where we would ideally play him) and he’d have had Godhino behind him. Leaving Hughes and Cowie on the otherside. Thats obvs not unbalanced in pace and attacking intent. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Lafferty and  Naismith would walk into every other SPL bar Celtic. We have a good squad but if we play at a slow pace , defend deep and sit off our opponents we are simply not playing to our strength.  None of our new signings in the summer, for financial reasons, will be anywhere near the quality of the 5 named, therefore, how will things improve if we continue to pursue the same tactics next season.??

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Perhaps because it shows his diving history you wanted to know about? Can you answer the question about the Northern Ireland dive? Can you explain that?

You complained before I posted any evidence, now you're complaining after I posted it :lol: .

He's dived several times for us, I'm pretty sure he took a tumble against Killie when we drew 1-1.

Several times, yet only one you are 'pretty sure' about. 

Where is all this evidence he does it all the time for us?

You're  starting to look a bit stupid. Have you answered the question about wanting him at hearts yet? 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Lafferty and  Naismith would walk into every other SPL bar Celtic. We have a good squad but if we play at a slow pace , defend deep and sit off our opponents we are simply not playing to our strength.  None of our new signings in the summer, for financial reasons, will be anywhere near the quality of the 5 named, therefore, how will things improve if we continue to pursue the same tactics next season.??

What Levein has done, which we badly needed, is given us a very good spine - or rather finished it off as Cathro and Neilson made some of the signings (or Levein made them all - I never know what I'm supposed to believe) - in McLaughlin, Berra and Souttar, Adao and Lafferty. Every good team needs a solid spine with good players in those positions in particular. Add Mitchell, Djoum, Milincovic, Cochrane and Naismith around them and that's a decent team that was taking shape until injuries took out Djoum and Mitchell (and limited Milinkovic and Cochrane for a while). Their replacements are nowhere near as good (or in the case of Amankwaa he needed time to get up to speed) which limits what someone like Naismith can do on his own.

There's no doubt in my mind that Levein knows full well the weaknesses and strengths in our current squad, and the January window suggests he'll be able to sort the squad out.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Your ending me today ??? 

The boy is not all there mate. Demanding answers to his questions while failing to answer one question he was asked multiple times. 

His care worker needs sacked. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Several times, yet only one you are 'pretty sure' about. 

Where is all this evidence he does it all the time for us?

You're  starting to look a bit stupid. Have you answered the question about wanting him at hearts yet? 

Answer the question about the Northern Ireland dive. Let's stop evading the question now, really looking stupid now. Come on.

He had an absolute shocker of a dive for Rangers against Aberdeen, he dived for NI vs Azerbaijan, he dived against Killie, he took a tumble against Celtic away, and he was booked for diving against Partick (3-0).

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Rip what up and start again? It is the first team that is struggling. Rest of the club seems to be doing alright.

Yeah the first team is struggling. IC put us on the backfoot with his preseason and the unbalanced nature of the squad he had. Randall a RB being signed as a CM being an example. The preseason meant players picking up niggly injuries all season. Kids to try and give us energy and its been a piss poor campaign. However the transfer window in january was encouraging and with another window and a proper preseason I hope we will be where we should be. 

We are targetting quality. Of the guys who came in in January I wouldn’t say anyone was a failure. Amankwaa has prob been the worst and even at that hes shown good touch and has shown he obviously has ability.  

Therefore , Ripping everything up is a big no from me. We have the makings of a good team based on a solid spine it needs turned into a reality and if that doesn’t happen questions need asked not before.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
2 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Answer the question about the Northern Ireland dive. Let's stop evading the question now, really looking stupid now. Come on.

He had an absolute shocker of a dive for Rangers against Aberdeen, he dived for NI vs Azerbaijan, he dived against Killie, he took a tumble against Celtic away, and he was booked for diving against Partick (3-0).

What does the Northern Ireland video have to do with his supposedly diving week in week out for us? 

Have you answered the question you were asked several times yet? 

If you stay up much later mummy will pop down to the basement and tell you off. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

The boy is not all there mate. Demanding answers to his questions while failing to answer one question he was asked multiple times. 

Wonder what Kyle thinks of his position on him ???

End of if he plays against you you’ll dislike him for the player he is. He brings something to the team weve been missing aswell as a striker scoring goals. 

Him , Naismith , Adao , Souttar , Berra and McLoughlin should be shoe ins every week for work rate and what they bring to the team. 

1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

What does the Northern Ireland video have to do with his supposedly diving week in week out for us? 

Have you answered the question you were asked several times yet? 

If you stay up much later mummy will pop down to the basement and tell you off. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

It shows he's essentially a diver. Carry on avoiding the questions though, it's yourself you're embarrassing.

You wouldn't answer mines so why bother? (The answer is yes by the way.)

Good one, truly cringeworthy efforts there, an embarrassing pitiful man.

13 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Petty cheap jibes at someone whilst making fun of the mentally disabled, a true rodent you are, Hibs.net beckons for you I think.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Bizarre that paying fans should have an opinion of a player, bizarre.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

End of if he plays against you you’ll dislike him for the player he is. He brings something to the team weve been missing aswell as a striker scoring goals. 

Him , Naismith , Adao , Souttar , Berra and McLoughlin should be shoe ins every week for work rate and what they bring to the team. 

I'm sure Kyle is devastated this no mark feels so strongly about him. How he sleeps at night knowing such a wonderful human being thinks this of him is beyond me. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
6 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

It shows he's essentially a diver. Carry on avoiding the questions though, it's yourself you're embarrassing.

You wouldn't answer mines so why bother? (The answer is yes by the way.)

Good one, truly cringeworthy efforts there, an embarrassing pitiful man.

One video shows he is 'essentially a diver' really? 

You seem to be getting upset again. Let's be honest you seem to be permanently upset. ? 

4 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Petty cheap jibes at someone whilst making fun of the mentally disabled, a true rodent you are, Hibs.net beckons for you I think.

To clarify,  I'm not making fun of anyone but you. But I'd imagine you are used to that. 

Rage on. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

The starting 11 had 6 internationalist, u21 captain, a goalie in international squad.

The bench was full of promising youngsters we all rave about.

Not a great reflection on CL if that is the best he can get out of them.

7 by my calculation but we all know that some of them are over the hill and some are not high ranking countries. Bear in mind we used to have Noring who was an international for what that was worth. 

I cannot wait for this season to be over . I really feel sorry for the guys who travel away to these games

18 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

To be fair earlier you told us your highly qualified by your extensively high level playing career to have the opinions you do. 

However that particular comment is between myself and Vlad and if you don’t know what it referenced don’t guess and get it wrong. Im pretty sure I said I wonder what Kyle would think of your position. From your high and mighty position during your playing career you said you had did it make you not a fan of Mikos aswell?

Archived