***The Official Dundee V Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Bridge of Djoum

Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I’ve just watched his interview and he seems content with the performance. That is the most worrying thing. He didn’t look disappointed in the slightest. I really hope he has a different way he wants to play next season but I can’t see it. 

We can only assume that he's sure of a top 6 place and the rest of the season is just a money spinning training exercise. 

I'm not going to read too much in to it. We'll see what he does in the summer. 

I just hope we get off to a flyer and don't have to listen to the "ohh the new players need time to gel" line. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I want a change of manager but that’s never going to happen so all we can hope for with all our hope is that with new players and a whole pre season, CL can deliver what we deserve. 

He's out of his depth with his bootroom pals. We need a clearout and Ann Budge better realise its in the clubs best interests to get a manager in who can take Hearts to where we belong challenging for honours.

11 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Firstly, that was pretty poor - we were lucky to get a point.

However, those people, presumably grown-ups, on here absolutely furious because Levein smiled when shaking McCann's hand at the end really need to grow up. That is exactly what the manager of any team should do, however badly his team has played. It's called being professional. I'd be fuming with Levein if he refused to shake hands or acted unprofessional. 

Levein needs to sort out the bizarre contrast between our home and away performances moving forwards.

You truly are the voice of reason!

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He's out of his depth with his bootroom pals. We need a clearout and Ann Budge better realise its in the clubs best interests to get a manager in who can take Hearts to where we belong challenging for honours.

Tripe

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

When have we been doing this? 

49 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

That wasn't a bad team out there it's Levein's slow ponderous Football which is the problem 

Levein can bring in as many players as he wants but nothing will change unless he changes 

and we we know that's not going to happen.

Bingo.

Nothing will change.

A_A wehatethehibs

Think folk are being a bit too harsh. 

Hearts did okay, we were better than the recent poor away performances and I think it was at the back of the mind that a point was enough to see us into the top 6. 

We passed the ball well at certain spells of the match, scored a fantastic goal and should have been 2 or 3 up first half, with another great chance should have been buried by Laff and a ridiculous decision not to give a clear penalty. Second half was a scrappy affair with little football played by either side and both teams with one eye on taking a point which benefited both teams. 

The last time we were at dens we lost 2-1. This time we took a point, 1-1, a draw was a fair result and an improvement on our last visit there so take that and move on to the next games. 

If Levein was travelling home on a fans bus or in a train i'm sure the fans would wipe that smug smirk of his face.  Time for Levein to go.

chester copperpot
52 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You were not the only one. 

Kudos to the few who took the time to go today. 

That must be the smallest support we have taken up there in many a year.

It was ****ing awful mate. Was supposed to be there today but my mate called off sick (sick see hungover) this morning. Boy did me a huge favour!

10 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Probably the best it's been since the championship season.

Robbie had a terrible away record. 

Cathro had a terrible record.

Levein has picked up the pieces and improved us a bit but the squad needs a lot of work.

For get Robbie & Cathro they were picked by Levein. He's getting away with murder.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You think Levein is getting the best out of the squad of players he has available to him? They are capable of much better than a lot of games we've had to endure this season. Regardless if we have adequate back up or not. Milinkovic has been excellent in a lot of games he's played this season. If you don't agree then I can see why you would disagree with me about the quality in our squad.

You keep going on about the squad. Remind me who came on as subs to try to win the game.  As for Milinkovic, no I don’t agree with you, looks anonymous and disinterested most games which is probably why Levein didn’t even bring him on a sub.

We have no midfield, absolutely nothing there which is why we’re going to finish 6th.  

Do I think another manager could get more out of them? Possibly enough to finish above Killie but I’ve absolutely no idea who plays in midfield for them. Aberdeen and Hibs have much, much stronger midfields than us, that’s why they’ll finish way ahead of us.

I’m not sure CL is the man for the job but he has improved us from the shambles he inherited from Cathro. There’s no question about that but we’ve just become less pish really.

4 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

You obviously like flying the white flag.

upgotheheads

Henderson and Moore when we had Milinkovic and Cochran on the bench just made me wonder what the hell CL was thinking. It's almost as if he's seriously trying to  piss Skinny off, so why put him on the bench?

On today's performance neither Lafferty or Naismith would be a big loss if they left in the close season and as for Cowie, well I think he's just past it at this level as much as I like his attitude.

Letting Isma leave without a proper replacement  is just completely baffling, even if he did want to go.

We've had some bad luck with injuries, especially Djoum, but that's not the whole story.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hearts did okay, we were better than the recent poor away performances and I think it was at the back of the mind that a point was enough to see us into the top 6. 

We passed the ball well at certain spells of the match, scored a fantastic goal and should have been 2 or 3 up first half, with another great chance should have been buried by Laff and a ridiculous decision not to give a clear penalty. Second half was a scrappy affair with little football played by either side and both teams with one eye on taking a point which benefited both teams. 

The last time we were at dens we lost 2-1. This time we took a point, 1-1, a draw was a fair result and an improvement on our last visit there so take that and move on to the next games. 

Dundee pissed all over Hearts for 20 mins after Hearts took the lead.  Hearts created zilch in the 2nd half. Absolutely zilch.  I genuinely struggle to understand what our first team squad is being coached in.  The squad has been changed and the manager too. But nothing changes. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wake up to what Hearts have become under Levein. Your another one in denial who has no ambition. Hearts are a shambles.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Wake up to what Hearts have become under Levein. Your another one in denial who has no ambition. Hearts are a shambles.

We are not a shambles. We are simply mediocre.

Lucille's Thirsty
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You obviously like flying the white flag.

Not at all.

We don’t challenge for trophies. We’ve won  three in my lifetime. If you mean challenging for Europe then that’s different.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We are not a shambles. We are simply mediocre.

That's what you'll get with Levein, mediocrity. Unbelievably people are content with that and actually want him to stay on as manager, that's scary to me.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

For get Robbie & Cathro they were picked by Levein. He's getting away with murder.

Murder...

Aye, no dramatization here.

Ffs

tolcross lad

I was one of the 25% on here who voted to have Levein out.Today summed it all up for me why .We had a 38 year old playing who now looks done playing to cover up the fact that we have no left back.We have a 36 year old(who used to be decent in his day)running around like a headless chicken  who was given a years extension to 2019 last summer.We had Cochrane ,Moore and Henderson as subs who are not ready for the first team.We play negative football with little creativity.2 of our best attacking players rarely link up.Levein looked pleased with the draw.We dont attack at pace or in numbers.We dont look like a team that knows what its about.Its just terrible to watch.Take Berra out of that side and we could have been relegated.

Only plus for me today was Godinho.He could command the right back position next season.

ToadKiller Dog

We are not a shambles, just one paced slow ponderous, pass or look for that extra touch rather than shoot, nobody wants to take the ball to the goal line or drive into the box. 

We are a bang average side that a draw is always a good bet. 

The league table does not lie. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Not at all.

We don’t challenge for trophies. We’ve won  three in my lifetime. If you mean challenging for Europe then that’s different.

Our crowds now are some of the highest in my lifetime and to just accept we should be content just to challenge for Europe because that is normal for us, very depressing if you ask me!

LochcarronJambo

We now have two games against Aberdeen & one against Celtic, Rangers, Hibs & Kilmarnock... I don’t see Us winning any of these... today frightened me, it was terrible ...

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

behave yourself 

OK. We're limping over the line with all the energy of a dead sheep & Craig is probably going to celebrate with a wee glass of something nice.

Enzo Chiefo
30 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

1986, 1988, 1992, 1996  1998, 2005, 2006, 2012, ...off the top of my head. If you prefer to watch walking football though....

7 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I was one of the 25% on here who voted to have Levein out.Today summed it all up for me why .We had a 38 year old playing who now looks done playing to cover up the fact that we have no left back.We have a 36 year old(who used to be decent in his day)running around like a headless chicken  who was given a years extension to 2019 last summer.We had Cochrane ,Moore and Henderson as subs who are not ready for the first team.We play negative football with little creativity.2 of our best attacking players rarely link up.Levein looked pleased with the draw.We dont attack at pace or in numbers.We dont look like a team that knows what its about.Its just terrible to watch.Take Berra out of that side and we could have been relegated.

Only plus for me today was Godinho.He could command the right back position next season.

How many LBs should we sign?

First we got Smith-Browne and he was sent back injured as was Mitchell.  Brandon played there and he's out injured.  Smith has played there too and he called off today.

I did not see the game today as I was hiding behind the sofa but I accept we were poor.  That said, I would have settled for a draw before the game bearing in mind 1986 and I don't think Neil McCann would be too dissatisfied with a point either.  Hopefully the Sheep will kill off any lingering hopes M'Well have of a top 6 finish.

33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

It was ****ing awful mate. Was supposed to be there today but my mate called off sick (sick see hungover) this morning. Boy did me a huge favour!

Your mate being unwell stopped you attending the game?

You always were the impressionable, easily led type Andy, tbh.

The White Cockade

We started well today passed the ball well and scored a really good goal

We then fell out of the game and second half Dundee deserved to win

I'm not really sure what Moore brings to the party?

A winger that doesn't go past players and is too lightweight for this level of football (which isn't very high)

If Milinkovic is fit he had to come on

Only real plus point is that Godinho starting to look like he should be first choice right back next season

The goalie will be a huge loss if he leaves as would Adao who is a very good player

Overall a woeful performance and I left the tv screen to do the washing up with 10 minutes to go

as we were never going to score a second

59 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

SPL AWAY TABLE:

1 Rangers 16 11 3 2 38 19 +19 36
2 Celtic 16 11 3 2 29 12 +17 36
3 Hibernian 16 7 7 2 21 16 +5 28
4 Aberdeen 15 8 3 4 21 19 +2 27
5 Kilmarnock 14 5 7 2 16 14 +2 22
6 St Johnstone 16 5 3 8 17 22 -5 18
7 Hearts 16 4 5 7 14 20 -6 17
8 Hamilton 15 4 3 8 19 24 -5 15
9 Dundee FC 15 4 2 9 16 24 -8 14
10 Motherwell 15 4 2 9 16 27 -11 14
11 Ross County 16 3 2 11 15 29 -14 11
12 Partick Thistle 16 1 4 11 9 32 -23 7

I think this is up to date, but not 100% sure.

It’s actually better than I thought it was.

I don’t know if that’s depressing or not :confused:

manaliveits105

Top 6 without breaking sweat and Murray field knock the vermin out the cup and humiliated the invincible HHGH  FTH 

chester copperpot
9 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Your mate being unwell stopped you attending the game?

You always were the impressionable, easily led type Andy, tbh.

Seen as he was driving and I had no other back up then yeah.

Any need to quote my name on here too? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Probably the best it's been since the championship season.

Robbie had a terrible away record. 

Cathro had a terrible record.

Levein has picked up the pieces and improved us a bit but the squad needs a lot of work.

We won 7 and drew 6 in 15/16 for a total of 27 points.

Last season we managed 3 wins a 5 draws.

This so far 4 wins and 5 draws.

So consistently crap in the last two seasons with no indication of Levein improving our away form significantly

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Be realistic Mitch, we’ve taken a 1-1 draw in an unspectacular game at dens park with a patched together team, where earlier this season we were beaten 2-1. Based on some of the posts here you would think we had been beaten convincingly today, which is simply not the case. While we weren’t very good, we were definitely worth a point and could have been out of sight at half time. Then second half we were cautious not to lose our point which in my opinion is fair enough. That point has put us in the top 6 today so it’s a bloody good thing we never chucked it. 

I am not in denial, just realistic about where we are now. A draw at dens park to secure top 6 football is not good enough for Hearts. I am WELL aware of that and am raging about it. But it is better than where we were at the start of the season so I am ready to move on from my disappointment with this season, take my point at dens and hopefully now enjoy some good games at Tynecastle where we are unbeaten in 15 games under Craig Levein.

Then we move on to next season where the pressure is going to turn up substantially.

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

What a load of rubbish what else can you say also why can we not play our winger on the right wing its not rocket science Craig.

Straight answer is because were unbalanced as it is , switch Cowie for Awankwaa and you have Amankwaa and Godinho on the right nothing on the left. The players we had available starting wi Hughes and Amankwaa on the left and Godinho and Cowie on the right makes sense. Milinkovic wasnt fit and Randall clearly wasnt either. Ideally youd have Demi and Milinkovic on the left and Godinho and Amankwaa on the right with a fully fit squad which we are miles from having day to day never mind taking into account injuries.

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Seen as he was driving and I had no other back up then yeah.

Any need to quote my name on here too? 

Sorry mate, I recall you as Andy....something...Hearts from years back.

No offence intended.

Positives - I didn't fork out £26 plus petrol money to go and watch that.

Thought Godinho looked okay.

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

You're picking on the animals today, aren't you, mate?

It was a fox, mortally injured by a car first up, now a sheep's deid.

Honestly, an Easter egg will help.

I'lL be picking AT some animals later on old chum - off to Kyloe for dinner tonight & just heading to the boozer right this minute!:thumbsup:

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Sorry mate, I recall you as Andy....something...Hearts from years back.

No offence intended.

It's cool mate. Just a bit touchy after that display today. Apologies back to ya

William H. Bonney
17 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Top 6 without breaking sweat and Murray field knock the vermin out the cup and humiliated the invincible HHGH  FTH 

Eh? 

Sun. April 1st 2018 v Dundee (A) 1-1 The stats were Possession 50% apiece / Shots Dundee 20 & Hearts 9 / On Target Dundee 7 & Hearts 6 / Corners Dundee 8 & Hearts 4 / Bookings 4 apiece and Hearts 75th booking of the season and the most bookings in the S.P.L.

Levein's stats as manager

P     W   D   L   F   A    Pts   Win%                             F      A       Pts

28    9   12   7  30  24   39    32.14% - per game 1.07 0.86   1.39

A good advert for the game. Hearts were fortunate on the hour when Naismith blocked on the line, but that's why he's there. I thought Dundee were the vastly superior team. How they are third bottom is incredible. They have good players.

One poster stated Levein had taken them from a defeat by Dunfermline to their present position. Hearts fans are so used to mediocrity they are happy with it - 1.39pts per game.

Cheers    Ian Kelman

1 hour ago, KnightyJambo said:

SPL AWAY TABLE:

1 Rangers 16 11 3 2 38 19 +19 36
2 Celtic 16 11 3 2 29 12 +17 36
3 Hibernian 16 7 7 2 21 16 +5 28
4 Aberdeen 15 8 3 4 21 19 +2 27
5 Kilmarnock 14 5 7 2 16 14 +2 22
6 St Johnstone 16 5 3 8 17 22 -5 18
7 Hearts 16 4 5 7 14 20 -6 17
8 Hamilton 15 4 3 8 19 24 -5 15
9 Dundee FC 15 4 2 9 16 24 -8 14
10 Motherwell 15 4 2 9 16 27 -11 14
11 Ross County 16 3 2 11 15 29 -14 11
12 Partick Thistle 16 1 4 11 9 32 -23 7

I think this is up to date, but not 100% sure.

That is a really poor return.

Not worried about what other teams in league have done or what previous Hearts team's have achieved but 4 wins away from home from 16 in this league is a poor poor return for Heart of Midlothian FC.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Ian Kelman said:

Sun. April 1st 2018 v Dundee (A) 1-1 The stats were Possession 50% apiece / Shots Dundee 20 & Hearts 9 / On Target Dundee 7 & Hearts 6 / Corners Dundee 8 & Hearts 4 / Bookings 4 apiece and Hearts 75th booking of the season and the most bookings in the S.P.L.

Levein's stats as manager

P     W   D   L   F   A    Pts   Win%                             F      A       Pts

28    9   12   7  30  24   39    32.14% - per game 1.07 0.86   1.39

A good advert for the game. Hearts were fortunate on the hour when Naismith blocked on the line, but that's why he's there. I thought Dundee were the vastly superior team. How they are third bottom is incredible. They have good players.

One poster stated Levein had taken them from a defeat by Dunfermline to their present position. Hearts fans are so used to mediocrity they are happy with it - 1.39pts per game.

Cheers    Ian Kelman

So the vastly superior team did not win, which makes me wonder how they were vastly superior, strange one.

Not sure why so many are unhappy. That was a point more than I expected us to get, and we have gone away from home and had a shot on target. Superb stuff. And to top it off it was an exciting game. Edge of the seat stuff watching Dundee dominate us in their attempt to get a winner.

Very rarely have we been a team than won a lot away from home.    4 wins from 16 is sub-standard but improve the win and draw columns by a couple to 6-7-5 and you're about our average.   

In all games we have the same defeats as Rangers and one more than Aberdeen.    We need to turn 5 or 6 of those 13 draws into wins and maybe a couple of defeats into draws.    Then we're what?    15-10-7.    A much better picture.

The key is goal scoring.    We're a bit short on goals and it has cost us.    The football is also pretty bad to watch,  which is a handy get-out-clause for the seethers to seethe about if the results return to Robbie Neilson levels.

Amirite?

A typical Hearts performance and result away from home.

I’m struggling to understand the anger.

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good man. I know Hearts have a tendency to piss us off fairly regularly,but never at the expense of some good food & alcohol. 

Enjoy.

Haha, yeah you're not wrong there fella - but personally speaking I've way more positive things in my life that make up for it (ie running a good wee race at Strathclyde park this am), & I'm just more bored with it now if I'm honest. Hearts are utter pony  (those animals again!) to watch - a good cure for insomnia.

The beer is now helping aid post race recovery.?

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Very rarely have we been a team than won a lot away from home.    4 wins from 16 is sub-standard but improve the win and draw columns by a couple to 6-7-5 and you're about our average.   

In all games we have the same defeats as Rangers and one more than Aberdeen.    We need to turn 5 or 6 of those 13 draws into wins and maybe a couple of defeats into draws.    Then we're what?    15-10-7.    A much better picture.

The key is goal scoring.    We're a bit short on goals and it has cost us.    The football is also pretty bad to watch,  which is a handy get-out-clause for the seethers to seethe about if the results return to Robbie Neilson levels.

Amirite?

Of course you're right.  :thumbsup:

Six or seven additional goals this year, sprinkled among the draws, would put an entirely different complexion on our league position and the season, probably put us in top 4.

Even if we use the reverse/negative argument, six or seven fewer goals sprinkled among the draws, would likely only drop us down one league position.

I think it's the dire football to watch that has most people agitated.

Archived