***The Official Dundee V Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Bridge of Djoum

We've become Hibs of a few years ago and loads of our fans appear okay with that.

The new stand is their floodlights. A little nugget to cling to whilst the football team plummets. Disgraceful.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Changed that for you to be more accurate.

You should of changed the "Good Draw" bit as well. 

A good draw is away to Celtic. 

HeartofHartley
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Who would you have played at left back today?

Genuine question.

Berra left of a back 3. Skinny left mid. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Changed that for you to be more accurate.

Great stuff.

1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

It's the same coaching set-up that we had with Cathro. Until that changes we will have to suffer these performances regardless of who we sign.

I'm not feeling inspired 

The elephant in the room, for me. 

LeylandJambo
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

What position was he playing?

Was it his fault that key players Naismith, Cowie, Lafferty, were passengers?

The much maligned Callachan scored a beauty and had a great saving tackle at the other end.

Didn't sit back, kept pushing but when no one is delivering quality in the final third and supposed stars cannae control or pass a ball, that's not the manager, it's the players!!!

The players are playing how he wants them to play.  His tactics away from home are for want of a better word prehistoric. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You trying to tell us this squad isn't good enough??

Jon Berra Souttar Adao Cowie Naismith and Lafferty. Milinkovic  (still) on the bench.

You can't constantly defend players and then say Levein just needs better players.

The squad is horrific. We have half a decent team, nowhere near a good team let alone a good squad. Week in week out we’re having to bring on 16 and 17 year olds to try to change games. Do you think that says the squad is good enough?

Walter Bishop
10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Good draw.

Issues are as clear as day and won't be fixed until the summer.

I have admired your optimism all season but now I’m convinced your a Hibs troll. Absolutely nothing positive about that today.

People actually still think this turgid predictable shite will change with Levein still in charge, forget 9/10 players, a change of manager is what we need first and foremost.

rick witter
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

That was hard watching. Got to be honest.

Moore & Henderson are light years behind the other's.

Hope one of those identified already makes the 30 yard gap between Naismith & Lafferty, that but smaller...

Console myself with an Easter egg, I think.

Lol I’m three quarters of the way through a smarties one currently. ?? Watching hearts made me keep eating it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So why is he bring 9 players in then ? 

Some of our loans are going back to their parent clubs and Jon is likely leaving. 

He's using the excuse that the team isn't good enough to cover his own shortcomings.

This is going to end badly. But I can't wait for that end.This squad is much better than what people make out. 

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anything interesting happen in the first half of the second half? I was on tattie-peeling duty and canna be ersed to trawl through the thread.

Not really Boof.

Just plenty of posters jumping on the “Oh, aren’t Hearts s***” bandwagon.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, HeartofHartley said:

Thank **** you're no where near the team then.

Does anyone truly believe Craig Levein will guide us to glory with that approach and those awful, sterile tactics?

Unless we get home ties all the way we've no chance of reaching Hampden for a semi final. Even if we did, I don't believe we'd beat any Premier League team there anyway. Not with such a shitebag, negative attitude.

Fair play to the Hearts lads and lassies who made the journey but I'm glad I don't bother with away games these days.

Depressing, too, that there's no chance of change while Mrs Budge thinks CL is Bill Shankly mk2.

Captain Canada

Another woeful, pedestrian performance with players who seem to not care less. We deserve so much better than that in terms of application and skill. 

Nelly Terraces

Limping over the line into the Top 6 with all the panache of a poor fox that's been clobbered by a lorry & drags itself off to the side of road to die.

Levein will probably have an open topped bus through Gorgie tonight in celebration at this magnificent, memorable moment in the clubs history.

That was absolutely awful.  Terrible, boring, slow football. We have no midfield so no service to our forwards. Even when do eventually get up the park, it’s just passed backwards again.

Dreadful.

4 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Utterly awful, depressing and dispiriting.

Can't see Levein remedying this now or in the future. He's past it. He can't spot a decent player any more. 

Bring in someone new like Hopkin and give it a go. Can't be worse than this shit.

No chance we will get top 4 next year. Budge has said that is minimum expectation.  If he fails in that for a third successive season (3 because that Cathro vanity project was 1000% his fault) how on earth can Budge allow him to stay in post 

I predict that Levein will not be here a year from now. 

Season ticket sales will be slow I suspect 

Hanging on by a bawhair against Dundee .. awful 2nd half, slow, pedestrian and devoid of any ideas! 

Just now, Barack said:

I don't care today if I get fat.

?? , prob best avoiding here or itll turn into 40 easter eggs and a jump of a bridge. We still lack balance at the back on the left  , trying to combat that with Hughes and Amankwaa isn’t the answer. Skinnys not fit otherwise him on the left and Godinho and Amankwaa on the right might of given us more, Adao doing a Murdo McLeod didn’t help today either. All that means Naismith and Laff drop deep looking for the ball and the quality of the final ball is not good. 

Thats our season in a nutshell today. Nice touches , solid defensively but very uninspiring and no creativity.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Some of our loans are going back to their parent clubs and Jon is likely leaving. 

He's using the excuse that the team isn't good enough to cover his own shortcomings.

This is going to end badly. But I can't wait for that end.This squad is much better than what people make out. 

Then we'll just agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anything interesting happen in the first half of the second half? I was on tattie-peeling duty and canna be ersed to trawl through the thread.

You missed bugger all.

Just now, alanjambo said:

That was absolutely awful.  Terrible, boring, slow football. We have no midfield so no service to our forwards. Even when do eventually get up the park, it’s just passed backwards again.

Dreadful.

Just a standard performance nowadays. Nothing more nothing less 

Dundee are a better team than their league position. McGowan and Deacon both played very well. Naismith's display makes me feel that he isn't worth pushing the boat out for. Henderson and Moore coming on..WTF!!!

Hopefully however we make top 6 as this squad is no good. No midfield and no left back.

Francis Albert

The Craig philosophy is that a point away from home is always a good result. Craig has virtually clinched the new target Ann set of finishing in the top six. Of course Craig looked happy at the final whistle.

Why do people think it will be different next season? We are not going to sign a different class of player than we have in the past few windows. If we sign nine there may be a couple of gems. There will also be at least a couple of duds and the rest will be pretty much the same standard we have. And we will still be playing slow cautious football and pulling back everyone at free kicks and corners even against teams at the bottom of the league.

All Out Attack
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The much maligned Callachan scored a beauty and had a great saving tackle at the other end.

Didn't sit back, kept pushing but when no one is delivering quality in the final third and supposed stars cannae control or pass a ball, that's not the manager, it's the players!!!

Give us a break for once please. How much longer are you going to continue backing this awful manager.  

The size of the travelling Hearts support today tells you everything you need to know about Levein's management ability and where our football side is.

All year the same problems. Enough is enough, Levein should be nowhere near our football club. 

4 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

From what I can gather, Milinkovic wasn’t ready to start after returning from injury.

Just now, Spencer said:

No chance we will get top 4 next year. Budge has said that is minimum expectation.  If he fails in that for a third successive season (3 because that Cathro vanity project was 1000% his fault) how on earth can Budge allow him to stay in post 

I predict that Levein will not be here a year from now. 

Season ticket sales will be slow I suspect 

Because she knows nothing about football and needs Craig to run that side of the club. Equally I'm not really sure she cares about where we finish or how we play just that we are profitable and provide a nice fun day out for families.

Greedy_Jambo
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I have admired your optimism all season but now I’m convinced your a Hibs troll. Absolutely nothing positive about that today.

I'm not saying this is the case with him.. 

But... Hearts must employ a few people to post on here to keep things positive when things aren't positive. 

Francis Albert
Just now, deejtee said:

Dundee are a better team than their league position. McGowan and Deacon both played very well. Naismith's display makes me feel that he isn't worth pushing the boat out for. Henderson and Moore coming on..WTF!!!

Hopefully however we make top 6 as this squad is no good. No midfield and no left back.

Other teams have thrashed them recently.

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Limping over the line into the Top 6 with all the panache of a poor fox that's been clobbered by a lorry & drags itself off to the side of road to die.

Levein will probably have an open topped bus through Gorgie tonight in celebration at this magnificent, memorable moment in the clubs history.

In fairness, it's up there with his best achievements in football management...

I can't even get angry anymore watching this utter shit.

Do people honestly think Levein is going to improve us, the thought of this guy being in charge for the foreseeable just does not bare thinking about.

The fact Budge thinks Levein's doing a fantastic job, we are Donald ducked.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Back three is fine when you have a good left sided wingback. We don’t now Demi is injured. Skinny left , Amankwaaa right wi Demi and Godinho behind them is a different story if Adao is in front of the back 3. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

The Craig philosophy is that a point away from home is always a good result. Craig has virtually clinched the new target Ann set of finishing in the top six. Of course Craig looked happy at the final whistle.

Why do people think it will be different next season? We are not going to sign a different class of player than we have in the past few windows. If we sign nine there may be a couple of gems. There will also be at least a couple of duds and the rest will be pretty much the same standard we have. And we will still be playing slow cautious football and pulling back everyone at free kicks and corners even against teams at the bottom of the league.

Personally, I don't. The rest I agree with. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Four or five decent players does not make a squad. You do realise that squad and team are two totally different things right? The squad is embarrassingly weak.

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

love your choice of words:sad:poor fox.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Shut up, man. I'll be into the Haribo next at this rate!

Get on the maoam.... I just claim they are perfect simple sugars after the gym. Possibly not the entire packet but still.....

Im ok with CL staying on as manager, but for **** sake get a DOF in above him to sort out the playing staff!

merseyjambo
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No but when Naismith and Lafferty are 20-30 yards apart and no one coming through from middle of park what do you honestly expect either of them to do???

Thats twice I’ve seen us play Dundee and twice Deacon has looked decent. Our biggest attacking midfield threat is on the bench due to a manager who obviously has an agenda with him and a winger we’ve signed who is scared to take on a man. 

Didn’t sit back??? Did we look like scoring. Did their keeper make point saving stops. No. We contained the game in the middle of the park and prodded the ball around into the last third. We didn’t go for it at all

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The squad is horrific. We have half a decent team, nowhere near a good team let alone a good squad. Week in week out we’re having to bring on 16 and 17 year olds to try to change games. Do you think that says the squad is good enough?

Our first team is better than most. Lacking back-up but that's about it. Could do with a couple in midfield imo but if you're telling me the squad we had available today can't perform much better than that then you're in denial.

Most of Leveins backers tell us Cowie is an asset and Prince is unfairly targeted... then go on to defend Levein for not having the players needed.

A defensive unit consisting of Joh Berra Souttar and Adao and a front pairing of Naismith and Lafferty and Milinkovic and they're telling us the squad is not good enough. Fecking clueless.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

She is going to have a big credibility problem if she let's him carry on delivering this level of mediocrity. Top 4 target missed yet again (by miles) and no signs that anything will change for the better 

No chance he will achieve top 4 next season.  What then? Does she consider top 6 as acceptable and let's him continue 

All of this in a backdrop of having an insatiable appetite for our cash 

HeartofHartley
5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Cany even talk to someone as sass licking as yourself who will no doubt defend a 39 year old left back with no legs. 

How is saying Berra left of a back 3 so left centre half a bad thing? I never said left back you tosspot.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Well Levein finished the game with Berra left side of a back 3 so he obviously realised his mistake at exposing Hughes at left back.

1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Neil McCann is over the moon with that draw. 

Says it all really. 

He literally just said in his interview he's disappointed to not get the win as they were the better side.

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

behave yourself 

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Give us a break for once please. How much longer are you going to continue backing this awful manager.  

The size of the travelling Hearts support today tells you everything you need to know about Levein's management ability and where our football side is.

All year the same problems. Enough is enough, Levein should be nowhere near our football club. 

Bang on.

Archived