***The Official Dundee V Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Bridge of Djoum

Thanks FWJ and norrie. What I did catch wasn't all that inspiring but we move on to the next game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today for more times than i can remember we were a shambles of a team. Time for Ann Budge to clear out the management of Levein & co.

Who is going to watch our team treated and mismanaged next season by people who are out of their depth. I really feel sorry for the good players we have because they deserve to be managed/ coached by coaches/manager who are capable of doing the job.

HeartofHartley

Anyone who is pleased with securing top 6 must have forgotten that it was at worst the target to secure 4th.... but yeah let's keep making excuses.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Cany even talk to someone as sass licking as yourself who will no doubt defend a 39 year old left back with no legs. 

How is saying Berra left of a back 3 so left centre half a bad thing? I never said left back you tosspot.

Ass licking...

Tosspot......

Oh my.

Greedy_Jambo
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

He literally just said in his interview he's disappointed to not get the win as they were the better side.

Was that on Sky sports?

He was over the moon on Radio Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Because she knows nothing about football and needs Craig to run that side of the club. Equally I'm not really sure she cares about where we finish or how we play just that we are profitable and provide a nice fun day out for families.

She might just get a rude awakening on season ticket sales. I think we might also see reduction in FoH sub levels

There is no feel good factor at all watching this Hearts side. It's a grim watch 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Four or five decent players does not make a squad. You do realise that squad and team are two totally different things right? The squad is embarrassingly weak.

We have enough to compete better than we currently are. Of that I have absolutely no doubt. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Today for more times than i can remember we were a shambles of a team. Time for Ann Budge to clear out the management of Levein & co.

Who is going to watch our team treated and mismanaged next season by people who are out of their depth. I really feel sorry for the good players we have because they deserve to be managed/ coached by coaches/manager who are capable of doing the job.

Bang on mate

We're very pish but we have had and still have injuries to key players.   We have little in depth and we're having to rely on a significant number of youngsters.     

We're going to fall over the line for the top 6 unless Motherwell can produce two very good wins.     If was not the target for the season and is not an achievement.    But it is better than not being in the top 6.     As mitigation,   we eliminated Hibs from the cup... which was all some characters appeared to want... yet have no doubt amended that stance now that we ourselves are eliminated from the cup and are still 6th and very poor.

We require extensive rebuilding in the summer and that will happen.   Hopefully to a successful degree.     We have no choice but to wait for that to happen as it can't be done immediately.    We have some excellent young players and a few equally excellent senior players on which to build.

Cruyff Turn

Absolutely Dreadful, same turgid shite as usual. 

Craig Levein could sign a hundred players this summer and we'd still be utter dugshite. We have good enough players to beat Dundee, we certainly have good enough players to control the game and create chances against Dundee, a team that has been pumped at home almost everyweek, usually to the tune of 3 or 4 goals, but we never. 

We will be the same side next season with CL in charge, his tactics are, negative, outdated and awful. Our defensive line was practically on our 18 yard box when Dundee had possession halfway inside their own half, our strikers were in our own half, utter pish. If Dundee had won the game they would have deserved it. 

HeartofHartley
1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ass licking...

Tosspot......

Oh my.

Levein...

Good manager....

1-1 away to Dundee good draw...

Oh my.

2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Anyone who is pleased with securing top 6 must have forgotten that it was at worst the target to secure 4th.... but yeah let's keep making excuses.

But think where we were just a few years ago, time to shine the shoes for the open top bus :clyay:

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Our first team is better than most. Lacking back-up but that's about it. Could do with a couple in midfield imo but if you're telling me the squad we had available today can't perform much better than that then you're in denial.

Most of Leveins backers tell us Cowie is an asset and Prince is unfairly targeted... then go on to defend Levein for not making the players needed.

A defensive unit consisting of Joh Berra Souttar and Adao and a front pairing of Naismith and Lafferty and Milinkovic and they're telling us the squad is not good enough. Fecking clueless.

Who says Cowie and Prince are worth having?? Adao in defence?? Naismith up front I'm not too convinced about nowadays. Young boys playing through necessity. You can't seriously regard this as a decent quality squad. The issue of whether or not Levein can turn things around is certainly debatable but he will be given the chance. Remember we staggeringly gave Cathro a summer.

Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I want a change of manager but that’s never going to happen so all we can hope for with all our hope is that with new players and a whole pre season, CL can deliver what we deserve. 

To be out played and out fought by Dundee is not acceptable. Moore and Henderson coming on was a shocking decision when wee David was on the bench.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Our first team is better than most. Lacking back-up but that's about it. Could do with a couple in midfield imo but if you're telling me the squad we had available today can't perform much better than that then you're in denial.

Most of Leveins backers tell us Cowie is an asset and Prince is unfairly targeted... then go on to defend Levein for not making the players needed.

A defensive unit consisting of Joh Berra Souttar and Adao and a front pairing of Naismith and Lafferty and Milinkovic and they're telling us the squad is not good enough. Fecking clueless.

You’re the one that’s clueless - you clearly have no idea what the word squad actually means. If you’re happy with this shite, carry on with the clapping but try pulling your head out of the sand once in a while.

The fact that you’re naming Milinkovic as one of our star players sums up what a mess we’re in. And half of these players you mentioned probably won’t be here next season anyway.

grumpyespana

What a load of rubbish what else can you say also why can we not play our winger on the right wing its not rocket science Craig.

KnightyJambo

I was all for giving it time but there is no way I can justifiably say that anymore after watching that performance today. Apart from the goal we were absolutely abysmal and Levein is not the man we need if we are going to improve. :mad:

That's was terrible and predictable - both teams happy with a draw.

Not one player was above average ( Lafferty should never have been booked and it was a penalty )

'After watching the highlights of the Man City game this morning which was fantastic - Scottish football is miles and miles behind  even the likes of WBA

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, deejtee said:

Who says Cowie and Prince are worth having?? Adao in defence?? Naismith up front I'm not too convinced about nowadays. Young boys playing through necessity. You can't seriously regard this as a decent quality squad. The issue of whether or not Levein can turn things around is certainly debatable but he will be given the chance. Remember we staggeringly gave Cathro a summer.

Agreed. Apart from the Berra, Souttar and McLaughlin trident we are such a poor side. Even Lafferty and Naismith aren’t as good as they were. They weren’t world class when at their best either. Watching Cochrane this afternoon was painful. We as a club don’t like pace. 

Same old, same old.... Roll on next season although I've no reason to think it will be any better other than blind optimism.

Unknown user

That wasn't much fun at all. It's not looking good for Amankwaa either, he did absolutely nothing

SectionDJambo

This has been a terrible season for various reasons. Fixture changes, no home advantage until November, bad luck with injuries.

But we cannot escape from our away record being an embarrassment, and not just this season. There, clearly, is a major problem with the attitude of the whole club, whereby we seem to be playing not to lose every time away from Tynecastle. 

We get off to a great start today, then instead of pressing on, we decide to hang onto the lead for a bit. We gave Dundee all the encouragement we could, and we’re very lucky not to lose.

Craig Levein has to change this mindset, next season, or the support he has from the fans will disappear altogether. He is responsible for the way the team plays. If they aren’t following instructions, it’s his job to change the line up accordingly.

There can be no excuses next season. It will be 100% his team. I think the fans have put up with this turgid stuff for long enough.

11 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I don't think people are pleased we secured top 6 because they; 1) think that is a good outcome, 2) think it is where we should be or 3) started the season thinking, a dream season would be a 6th place finish and a scottish cup quarter final

I think people are pleased we secured it when it looked like it was possible we might actually fall out of the top 6. It was not unimaginable we could have found ourselves in the bottom 6 there and we have managed to avoid that.

I don't think you will find too many people genuinely pleased, I suspect relieved is more appropriate.

I think other people are also taking into account the circumstances of what we have been through this year and the shambolic start we had and the squad we began the year with and think "you know what, all things considered, this isn't a total disaster, given what happened since that 4th place target was set.

Not a good season but there are some reasons for optimism that maybe we are on the right track and we will improve"

But yeah, lets just sack another manager and start another massive rebuild with an untested manager, give him 4 months until we have a poor run of results and demand his head too

10 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Neil McCann is over the moon with that draw. 

Says it all really. 

No he was pleased with the way they bounced back and dominated us after conceding an early goal and the fact that last time out they were pumped by the mighty St J . CL was equally chuffed with us in parts ... yeah really he said that . That’s why we will never improve under him and Ann . That’s what he thinks is acceptable and as fans we think the complete and utter opposite. Hey ho just stating the obvious ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, deejtee said:

There are a few I've noticed. I would say Adao is primarily in our team to defend so I would say he was part of our defensive unit. I think we're 1-2 Midfielders and a couple of subs away from a good team. It is hard to see that mind with the way Levein has them playing.

Oh aye Cathro. Which cretin was insistent on giving him the start of the season... :lol:

rick witter
9 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Unfortunately fairly accurate

Screenshot_20180401-144524.jpg

It’s so accurate. It really does look like the picture is on a slowed down mode when Hearts have the ball. Everything is slow and I include McLaughlin taking absolutely forever to distribute the ball when he has it, passing, throw ins free kicks the lot. Add every man back at every set piece for the  opposition and you kind of get a picture of how we play away from home. 

Out of interest anyone have a form table for away results only? 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That wasn't much fun at all. It's not looking good for Amankwaa either, he did absolutely nothing

Not once did he try and run his man or take him on.  Very poor.

That type of performance is what we get most weeks yet this place voted overwhelmingly for Levein to stay as he's got the vision and his style of football to take us forward,some call them handicappers or wearing maroon tinted specs, it's a mixture of both but mainly it's just clueless regular Kickbackers that can't he'll only do more damage than good. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Yes we are suffering from a few injury problems but even with a full squad we would still play for a point away. We could sign the best team in years but the timid attitude away is something Craig and co need to ditch for rest of the season and more than  importantly next season otherwise mid table or worse will be our lot! 

That is no longer a position we as a support are willing to accept!

rick witter
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Absolutely Dreadful, same turgid shite as usual. 

Craig Levein could sign a hundred players this summer and we'd still be utter dugshite. We have good enough players to beat Dundee, we certainly have good enough players to control the game and create chances against Dundee, a team that has been pumped at home almost everyweek, usually to the tune of 3 or 4 goals, but we never. 

We will be the same side next season with CL in charge, his tactics are, negative, outdated and awful. Our defensive line was practically on our 18 yard box when Dundee had possession halfway inside their own half, our strikers were in our own half, utter pish. If Dundee had won the game they would have deserved it. 

Spot on post. Why are we all saying the same thing after every away game though. Then we play at home and everyone gets a wee glimmer of hope the next away game will be better but it never is. 

We will be struggling for top 6 again next year with these tactics. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not once did he try and run his man or take him on.  Very poor.

He's very right footed. 

Shite on the left.

Tommy Brown
10 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

I was all for giving it time but there is no way I can justifiably say that anymore after watching that performance today. Apart from the goal we were absolutely abysmal and Levein is not the man we need if we are going to improve. :mad:

Hard to disagree.

KnightyJambo
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s so accurate. It really does look like the picture is on a slowed down mode when Hearts have the ball. Everything is slow and I include McLaughlin taking absolutely forever to distribute the ball when he has it, passing, throw ins free kicks the lot. Add every man back at every set piece for the  opposition and you kind of get a picture of how we play away from home. 

SPL AWAY TABLE:

1 Rangers 16 11 3 2 38 19 +19 36
2 Celtic 16 11 3 2 29 12 +17 36
3 Hibernian 16 7 7 2 21 16 +5 28
4 Aberdeen 15 8 3 4 21 19 +2 27
5 Kilmarnock 14 5 7 2 16 14 +2 22
6 St Johnstone 16 5 3 8 17 22 -5 18
7 Hearts 16 4 5 7 14 20 -6 17
8 Hamilton 15 4 3 8 19 24 -5 15
9 Dundee FC 15 4 2 9 16 24 -8 14
10 Motherwell 15 4 2 9 16 27 -11 14
11 Ross County 16 3 2 11 15 29 -14 11
12 Partick Thistle 16 1 4 11 9 32 -23 7

I think this is up to date, but not 100% sure.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I watched some of the Killie game on Alba and the pace of everything they did was twice as quick us this Hearts team! That is the reason we are trailing so far behind them. We are dreadfully boring to watch right now!

Cruyff Turn
Just now, rick witter said:

Spot on post. Why are we all saying the same thing after every away game though. Then we play at home and everyone gets a wee glimmer of hope the next away game will be better but it never is. 

We will be struggling for top 6 again next year with these tactics. 

It was the same against Ross County, almost an identical performance against another terrible team.  

Next season will be another waste of money and time with CL incharge. Then when it does go tits for arse, he'll just pop back up the stairs. 

It should have been ten
17 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ass licking...

Tosspot......

Oh my.

He said sass licking :lol: whatever that is 

Voice of reason

Firstly, that was pretty poor - we were lucky to get a point.

However, those people, presumably grown-ups, on here absolutely furious because Levein smiled when shaking McCann's hand at the end really need to grow up. That is exactly what the manager of any team should do, however badly his team has played. It's called being professional. I'd be fuming with Levein if he refused to shake hands or acted unprofessional. 

Levein needs to sort out the bizarre contrast between our home and away performances moving forwards.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thankful I am off tomorrow. Excess alcohol was the only way to watch that.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re the one that’s clueless - you clearly have no idea what the word squad actually means. If you’re happy with this shite, carry on with the clapping but try pulling your head out of the sand once in a while.

The fact that you’re naming Milinkovic as one of our star players sums up what a mess we’re in. And half of these players you mentioned probably won’t be here next season anyway.

You think Levein is getting the best out of the squad of players he has available to him? They are capable of much better than a lot of games we've had to endure this season. Regardless if we have adequate back up or not. Milinkovic has been excellent in a lot of games he's played this season. If you don't agree then I can see why you would disagree with me about the quality in our squad.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

He said sass licking :lol: whatever that is 

I like licking a bit sass....

And ass

Greedy_Jambo

Bring on the money spinning top 6 games!

Probably lose every single one of them but as long as we're getting some extra dough in eh lol. 

In all seriousness. We need as much money as we can get. I Want Levein to have no excuses when he goes player shopping.

He's on his last chance with me. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
22 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Unfortunately fairly accurate

Screenshot_20180401-144524.jpg

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I think we have our answer of why he doesn't like Milinkovic.

rick witter
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It was the same against Ross County, almost an identical performance against another terrible team.  

Next season will be another waste of money and time with CL incharge. Then when it does go tits for arse, he'll just pop back up the stairs. 

I’ve just watched his interview and he seems content with the performance. That is the most worrying thing. He didn’t look disappointed in the slightest. I really hope he has a different way he wants to play next season but I can’t see it. 

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I want a change of manager but that’s never going to happen so all we can hope for with all our hope is that with new players and a whole pre season, CL can deliver what we deserve. 

:thumb:

glynnlondon

Nevermind face painting and balloons to look forward to final home game of the season.

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I like licking a bit sass....

And ass

:oohmatron:

9 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

SPL AWAY TABLE:

1 Rangers 16 11 3 2 38 19 +19 36
2 Celtic 16 11 3 2 29 12 +17 36
3 Hibernian 16 7 7 2 21 16 +5 28
4 Aberdeen 15 8 3 4 21 19 +2 27
5 Kilmarnock 14 5 7 2 16 14 +2 22
6 St Johnstone 16 5 3 8 17 22 -5 18
7 Hearts 16 4 5 7 14 20 -6 17
8 Hamilton 15 4 3 8 19 24 -5 15
9 Dundee FC 15 4 2 9 16 24 -8 14
10 Motherwell 15 4 2 9 16 27 -11 14
11 Ross County 16 3 2 11 15 29 -14 11
12 Partick Thistle 16 1 4 11 9 32 -23 7

I think this is up to date, but not 100% sure.

Probably the best it's been since the championship season.

Robbie had a terrible away record. 

Cathro had a terrible record.

Levein has picked up the pieces and improved us a bit but the squad needs a lot of work.

Archived