Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Thanks,

Florence x

:lol:

:wink:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Cathro was unlucky with a couple of injuries but he also signed some good players - Isma, Berra, Lafferty, Tsiolis, Struna, Smith... But it became very clear, especially when the new season started, he couldn't get players do to what he wanted and on top of that he demonstrated an unwillingness to compromise to get results. He seemed convinced his way is best despite there being no evidence of that. He effectively gambled with us just to prove some sort of point about the way he things football should be played. Having read interviews with him where he can't explain his football philosophy clearly I'm not surprised he wasn't able to communicate it to players.

Contrast that with Neilson and Levein who are willing to put aside formation preferences and so on to win points first and foremost.

Yes, I don't think anyone knows exactly what his football philosophy actually is. I don't understand why he can't be more specific about what it is he is trying to achieve. Perhaps it's more suited to training drills than a real game situation.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

:wink:

Night mate, 

hope that JKB has no thoughts of ‘all out attack’  by the morns night.

Where’s that ‘fingers crossed’ smiley?

:)

14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Could be... I realise there will be a couple of simple-minded followers in that group who can’t think for themselves, but the ring-leaders are just a little bit ‘organised’ wouldn’t you say? Like... maybe there’s a wee groupthink discussion going on behind the scenes... nudge... etc... wink...

Nah, pretty sure that little band of merrymen are now in long trousers. At least you'd hope so.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I don't think anyone knows exactly what his football philosophy actually is. I don't understand why he can't be more specific about what it is he is trying to achieve. Perhaps it's more suited to training drills than a real game situation.

As he seems to be a bit of a student of football and his Box Soccer was a success, maybe we should give him a job for a year travelling the world visiting clubs and talking to coaches to find innovative ideas and new technologies or whatnot that we could make work for us. He's still young enough to go backpacking so we could just pay him 50 grand and he covers expenses. He reports back and we cherry pick the best ideas and he helps implement them. There could be a Box Soccer 2 or something else out there that could give us an advantage. 

20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Could be... I realise there will be a couple of simple-minded followers in that group who can’t think for themselves, but the ring-leaders are just a little bit ‘organised’ wouldn’t you say? Like... maybe there’s a wee groupthink discussion going on behind the scenes... nudge... etc... wink...

Like that would happen..

:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Nah, pretty sure that little band of merrymen are now in long trousers. At least you'd hope so.

:gok:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was the players he brought in that were gutless not him. Its absolutely moronic to suggest that we would be in relegation trouble had he continued to manage a team with Lafferty, Berra and Souttar in it. He would more than likely be more or less in the same place as Levein, 5th or 6th. He was unfortunate to take over mid season and inherited an inbalanced squad from Neilson that had a recently sold full back as top goalscorer. The pre season Peterhead defeat though forced ABs hand.

Wouldn't this suggest that changing coach/manager is pretty pointless?

12 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Some of them, yeah. Others? Not a chance. 

35 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It could well well be argued that the Ryder/Twist/Morgan/Socrates/et al cartel are themselves a “wee groupthink” as the more that I read the various rantings on this forum, it strikes me that one could well come to the conclusion that The Cartel have been set up to toe the party, ie Levein, line, express specific views and repeat them ad infinitum. 

Doubtless I shall be disabused of, if not indeed abused for, such a heretical notion.

9 minutes ago, cuddledoon said:

It could well well be argued that the Ryder/Twist/Morgan/Socrates/et al cartel are themselves a “wee groupthink” as the more that I read the various rantings on this forum, it strikes me that one could well come to the conclusion that The Cartel have been set up to toe the party, ie Levein, line, express specific views and repeat them ad infinitum. 

Doubtless I shall be disabused of, if not indeed abused for, such a heretical notion.

Basically mate, you’re a StalkHEARTS poster who has returned, and the very post of yours I’m quoting confirms it. Oh... I don’t know Morgan and Socrates from Adam... ?

A quick look at your posting history reveals a lot tbh. :rofl:

Edited by Ryder

Enzo Chiefo
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You're trying to catch me out now Dave!! :thumbsup:

Enzo Chiefo
32 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

As he seems to be a bit of a student of football and his Box Soccer was a success, maybe we should give him a job for a year travelling the world visiting clubs and talking to coaches to find innovative ideas and new technologies or whatnot that we could make work for us. He's still young enough to go backpacking so we could just pay him 50 grand and he covers expenses. He reports back and we cherry pick the best ideas and he helps implement them. There could be a Box Soccer 2 or something else out there that could give us an advantage. 

A Global Factfinder type of roll? Yes, sounds like a plan. As long as he can clearly explain what information he has gathered.

Geoff Kilpatrick
37 minutes ago, cuddledoon said:

:pleasing:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Here we go again. Another thread ****ed up because some people can't handle the real world and feel some need to argue with ****ing everyone about ****ing everything on a forum. 

Tedious *****. 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Probably because it's becoming more apparent by the post that the wee gang of regurgitating the same Shit day in day out types are quite a sinister group of sad individuals.

This indeed ^

:leveinnaturalorder:

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Your back n forth was an interesting read. Rare i agree with your points but some of the IC ones i did. On here after Newcastle there was a lot of optimism for the season. LC was a shambles because there was no management , no charisma and too much arrogance and stubborness in IC. The squad was unbalanced for the style of play wee saw against Dundee. Would say the 4–1 over Rangers much as it was enjoyable was a luckier result than it was a destruction of them. 

The ttaining drills point above is why I think at some point we may see him back here in perhaps the u20 role. Hes highly thought of still however has shown he lacks the characteristics to succeed as a manager here. Maybe Portugal or Italy may see him more successful or if someone gave him a bucketload of cash to buy players he needs to achieve his total football type aim.

8 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

It was pish when you posted it last week in another thread and it's pish now.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

It was pish when you posted it last week in another thread and it's pish now.

It is just another conspiracy theory to add to all the others they have been regurgitating on these threads ad nauseum.

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was the players he brought in that were gutless not him. Its absolutely moronic to suggest that we would be in relegation trouble had he continued to manage a team with Lafferty, Berra and Souttar in it. He would more than likely be more or less in the same place as Levein, 5th or 6th. He was unfortunate to take over mid season and inherited an inbalanced squad from Neilson that had a recently sold full back as top goalscorer. The pre season Peterhead defeat though forced ABs hand.

This has to be satire.

You can't possibly actually believe any of this nonsense. It's just not possible for someone to be so utterly stupid that any of this drivel would seem like reality to them.

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Did we not go out league cup to lesser teams. 

End of last season I think we had 2nd worst loss record when Cathro took over.

We would be bottom 6 for sure

We finished 3rd, behind Peterheid and group winners Dunfermline, having lost at Peterheid and only drawn at home to Dunfermline. 

In seven months, Cathro took us from challenging strongly for 2nd in the Premiership to being a worse team than Dunfermline or Peterheid!

Just let that sink in for a minute!

Then ponder the fact that someone is actually trying to argue that firstly Cathro's problems were down to the squad he inherited from Neilson, and secondly Levein hasn't improved us at all since taking over after Cathro's departure. 

It's quite breathtaking!

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We finished 3rd, behind Peterheid and group winners Dunfermline, having lost at Peterheid and only drawn at home to Dunfermline. 

In seven months, Cathro took us from challenging strongly for 2nd in the Premiership to being a worse team than Dunfermline or Peterheid!

Just let that sink in for a minute!

Then ponder the fact that someone is actually trying to argue that firstly Cathro's problems were down to the squad he inherited from Neilson, and secondly Levein hasn't improved us at all since taking over after Cathro's departure. 

It's quite breathtaking!

Think it's a no brainer that Levein has improved us. 

We took a risk with neilson and Cathro 1 worked out 1 didn't.

Was never going to be a quick fix after Cathro though. 

44 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This has to be satire.

You can't possibly actually believe any of this nonsense. It's just not possible for someone to be so utterly stupid that any of this drivel would seem like reality to them.

Sadly I think he lives in his own fairytale world where the facts are of no consequence.

I had the misfortune of trying to debate how much we missed Djoum with him but apparently we didn't because Djoum didn't play in the Celtic game so wasn't an important player.

It is absolutely pointless trying to debate with someone who won't listen to reason.  You just go round in circles where they go back to the start and ignore everything you have said.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Here we go again. Another thread ****ed up because some people can't handle the real world and feel some need to argue with ****ing everyone about ****ing everything on a forum. 

Tedious *****. 

No it's naw, and naw they don't.....

11 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

:interehjrling:

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

Could also be argued the cartel they are part of is called being a Hearts fan.

With that in mind, they don't take kindly to folk ranting/ raving/ slagging our team, manager, owner and club with what is absolute rubbish most times.

Hearts fans sticking up for things Hearts, who would have funk it?

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Sadly I think he lives in his own fairytale world where the facts are of no consequence.

I had the misfortune of trying to debate how much we missed Djoum with him but apparently we didn't because Djoum didn't play in the Celtic game so wasn't an important player.

It is absolutely pointless trying to debate with someone who won't listen to reason.  You just go round in circles where they go back to the start and ignore everything you have said.

Frank, you're struggling to grasp the difference between facts and opinions.  You stated that Djoum was an integral part of the team whereas I am pointing out to you that we have had good and bad results with and without him. As a supposedly attack minded midfielder, he contributes very little and it is unarguable that he is very inconsistent. I'm done with arguing about the merits of Cathro and Levein as it's quite clear there are too many on here with the Levein blinkers on tgat blame Cathro for everything and CL for nothing. Indeed there is a free marketing idea for Mrs B, Craig Levein blinkers, maroon and white, get them in the Club Store now as they are sure to fly off the shelves. 

29 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Could also be argued the cartel they are part of is called being a Hearts fan.

With that in mind, they don't take kindly to folk ranting/ raving/ slagging our team, manager, owner and club with what is absolute rubbish most times.

Hearts fans sticking up for things Hearts, who would have funk it?

Nice spin Tosh. There are many PHM who support their team both financially and attendance wise, who are less that happy with the current football management of their Club and have every right to express their views on JKB.

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This has to be satire.

Why are you intellectually incapable of accepting other people's points of view. Read my post again. There is no evidence that Cathro would have not done as well as Levein with the benefit of Berra, Lafferty and Souttar in the team . His teams would probably have conceded more and scored more. He was certainly capable of going to Mwell and knocking 3 past them. Without Naismith and Lafferty. How we could have done with tgat 3 weeks ago!! So we lost to a last minute goal in a LC group stage game away to Peterhead. Disaster? No. We lost to Montrose at home under Doddie in the August after losing the league at Dens...i dont remember a clamour  for his head.  Nobody knows, not you or any of your fellow worshippers , how IC would have done this season. I wanted him sacked at the time but, in retrospect, seeing where we are now, it was possibly tge wrong decision. Anyway, I'm done with this argument.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are you intellectually incapable of accepting other people's points of view. Read my post again. There is no evidence that Cathro would have not done as well as Levein with the benefit of Berra, Lafferty and Souttar in the team . His teams would probably have conceded more and scored more. He was certainly capable of going to Mwell and knocking 3 past them. Without Naismith and Lafferty. How we could have done with tgat 3 weeks ago!! So we lost to a last minute goal in a LC group stage game away to Peterhead. Disaster? No. We lost to Montrose at home under Doddie in the August after losing the league at Dens...i dont remember a clamour  for his head.  Nobody knows, not you or any of your fellow worshippers , how IC would have done this season. I wanted him sacked at the time but, in retrospect, seeing where we are now, it was possibly tge wrong decision. Anyway, I'm done with this argument.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think you are the first person to suggest that sacking Cathro was a mistake. 

Enzo Chiefo
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think you are the first person to suggest that sacking Cathro was a mistake. 

In retrospect Dave, which is always easier. I didn't say it was a mistake, I said that was possibly the wrong decision. Others are quite happy to pedal the myth that any failings this season are down to Cathro. Of course, they're not. Cathro took over his first managerial post halfway through the season and didn't get a lot of time to prove himself. Its important to inject a bit of balance in to the debate. Fwiw, I remember that Gary Locke was hung out to dry here after being replaced...even when he found subsequent employment at Killie. Its always far easier to blame the previous incumbent. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In retrospect Dave, which is always easier. I didn't say it was a mistake, I said that was possibly the wrong decision. Others are quite happy to pedal the myth that any failings this season are down to Cathro. Of course, they're not. Cathro took over his first managerial post halfway through the season and didn't get a lot of time to prove himself. Its important to inject a bit of balance in to the debate. Fwiw, I remember that Gary Locke was hung out to dry here after being replaced...even when he found subsequent employment at Killie. Its always far easier to blame the previous incumbent. 

I think Cathro had to go after the poor run he had last sesson and then the early failure in the league cup ( which is handicapped for SPL teams to qualify ). The facts show that CL has been an improvement ove zcathro in terms of points gained. We can argue if Cathro would have done as well or not with the same players over that period. My view is he wouldn’t have. 

The key question is whether we think Craig has done well enough since becoming manager to continue. My opinion is that he has but I accept others disagree. 

All Out Attack
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

So .....these emails then??

I'm absolutely certain,  I'm not the only person who complains directly to the club, when we are not producing on the park. In fact, I would suggest that if more people did it, the club would be in a significantly better place. 

Although expressing opinions on JKB, can be interesting, we do seem to be very accepting on here, of whatever we are served up from Hearts.  

Supporters attending in the stadiums and especially on wider social media, seem far less tolerant of poor club management.

The club has a PR department and it is important they understand the feelings from the entire support base. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

I'm absolutely certain,  I'm not the only person who complains directly to the club, when we are not producing on the park. In fact, I would suggest that if more people did it, the club would be in a significantly better place. 

Although expressing opinions on JKB, can be interesting, we do seem to be very accepting on here, of whatever we are served up from Hearts.  

Supporters attending in the stadiums and especially on wider social media, seem far less tolerant of poor club management.

The club has a PR department and it is important they understand the feelings from the entire support base. 

Supporters will tend to be less accepting at the games but I bet many calm down a bit after and very few will be motivated to fire off emails to the club. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Frank, you're struggling to grasp the difference between facts and opinions.  You stated that Djoum was an integral part of the team whereas I am pointing out to you that we have had good and bad results with and without him. As a supposedly attack minded midfielder, he contributes very little and it is unarguable that he is very inconsistent. I'm done with arguing about the merits of Cathro and Levein as it's quite clear there are too many on here with the Levein blinkers on tgat blame Cathro for everything and CL for nothing. Indeed there is a free marketing idea for Mrs B, Craig Levein blinkers, maroon and white, get them in the Club Store now as they are sure to fly off the shelves. 

Djoum played for most of our unbeaten run at the end of the year, without him and Mitchell we have had the Motherwell and Hibs results.  Also, you don't quite get the fact that he wasn't being deployed as the attacking midfielder for most of that period as the likes of Cochrane needed protection.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Djoum played for most of our unbeaten run at the end of the year, without him and Mitchell we have had the Motherwell and Hibs results.  Also, you don't quite get the fact that he wasn't being deployed as the attacking midfielder for most of that period as the likes of Cochrane needed protection.

It was an unbeaten run that contained a lot of draws . Playing Djoum as a defensive midfielder to protect a 16 year old just illustrates our over cautious approach to games. Cochrane is not ready and if you deploy another midfielder in an unfamiliar defensive then we will not have a balanced and creative midfield. 

35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was an unbeaten run that contained a lot of draws . Playing Djoum as a defensive midfielder to protect a 16 year old just illustrates our over cautious approach to games. Cochrane is not ready and if you deploy another midfielder in an unfamiliar defensive then we will not have a balanced and creative midfield. 

Draws are better than the defeats we suffered in their absence, don't you agree?  The cup wins against St. Johnstone and the shite are surely better than the defeat at Motherwell and the piggery?

Djoum got a bit more freedom with Adao being signed but that partnership didn't last long before injuries hit again.

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

How often have you sent the club a congratulatory email?

I'm pretty sure that the club is able to gauge the feeling of the support at the games.  The reaction from the fans in attendance at the end of the League Cup debacle almost certainly cost Cathro his job. 

Still, you're perfectly entitled to communicate with the club in any way you see fit.

All Out Attack

Just picked this up from the season ticket thread, but I think it is important enough to go in the Levein thread. 

From Levein on the season ticket brochure: 

"Our aim is to build a squad capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and to get to latter stages of cup competitions"

This is another reason why this guy should be nowhere near out football club. His remit should be for us to win trophies, not just compete. 

Sums up quite well Levein's mindset and expectations. 

4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Just picked this up from the season ticket thread, but I think it is important enough to go in the Levein thread. 

"Our aim is to build a squad capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and to get to latter stages of cup competitions"

This is another reason why this guy should be nowhere near out football club. His remit should be for us to win trophies, not just compete. 

You are seriously deluded if you think we would be anything other than at best 2nd favourite in any competition - and second is at a big push - I'd say 3rd or 4th favourite.

Celtic can spend enough over the summer to have a team to win everything - their playing budget is ever so slightly bigger than ours with the Champions League money thrown in.

Next year our aim should be to finish 2nd or 3rd and qualify for Europe.  A run in one of the cups would be desirable, but you could get an unlucky draw in cups.

Edited by frankblack

All Out Attack
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Supporters will tend to be less accepting at the games but I bet many calm down a bit after and very few will be motivated to fire off emails to the club. 

If it doesn't happen all the time then perhaps. 

The last Email I sent to the club was after the County game in Dingwall. We never even tried to win the game, against a dreadful County. Yet that was over a 1000 of us made the trip up. Lots of unhappy people. 

As I have said before, this was my last away game of the season as following Hearts under Levein is torture and unacceptable. 

He has a serious mindset issue away from home. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Even for a Hibby, your obsession with Hearts is disturbing.

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

75%

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

The last Email I sent to the club was after the County game in Dingwall. We never even tried to win the game, against a dreadful County. Yet that was over a 1000 of us made the trip up. Lots of unhappy people. 

As I have said before, this was my last away game of the season as following Hearts under Levein is torture and unacceptable. 

That game we never tried to win even when we were leading 1-0?

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You are seriously deluded if you think we would be anything other than at best 2nd favourite in any competition - and second is at a big push - I'd say 3rd or 4th favourite.

Celtic can spend enough over the summer to have a team to win everything - their playing budget is ever so slightly bigger than ours with the Champions League money thrown in.

Nope. 

Whilst the league may be out our reach over 38 games, no cup competition is.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

That game we never tried to win even when we were leading 1-0?

I remember the whole game well. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Emailing the club...:rofl:Please, and I think I speak for all of us, please post the transcript. 

Please.

Edited by New York Fleapit