***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

Better call Saul

Never looked winning.. Too much acceptance wanting a replay. 

Beaten by a shit team from a dump of a town with a horrific fan base. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should have been ten
1 minute ago, the_jailer said:

With the players we have should we be getting beat off Motherwell

Agreed but Levein wasn't playing 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

On the balance it’s what we are due. Played for 25 minutes out of 90.

not acceptable.

Sums it up. We were all over them start of the 2nd half but then started sitting off them. Well made tactical change too though going 4 at the back so a bit of both.

Better team goes through and at least saves us an embarrassment against Celtic or Sevco in the semi if that’s who we would have got.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Meh. Nowt left to play for this season now.

Let down by a poor first half today and left with the feeling that we could have been far more ambitious with our tactics.

Massive sickener.  Celtic win was clearly a freak.

Selling STs next major challenge.

Bitterly disappointed.

Don't deserve to be anywhere near Hampden with that bunch of players/gaffer.

Better second half but on the whole we deserved **** all.

Better 2nd half but no excuses we should be doing better. Callaghan should never be near a hearts shirt though. 

indianajones

Why was there no ball boys at the match? Genuinely probably wasted about 3-4 minutes each half.

Jingle Bells

I don't blame the players, its the season long pish poor tactics, which are at fault.

1 minute ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I honestly can't believe we're actually going out to this tin pot outfit. No team has a divine right to win. But ffs our support is double theirs today. Our team and manager have let us down. We're paying for that dusgusting performance in the first half. 

Oh **** off. Our manager cost us.

Our players chucked this in the first ten minutes.

Callachan might not be the quality we are looking for but the fat kid on the playground at school knows to boot the ball to **** when it comes in like that. 

The second half Levein changed it and it worked but we still couldn't create many clear cut chances even with Lafferty, Naismith and Milinkovic on. We might have been better but I still didn't see a goal from open play coming.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yet again, indecision from Levein cost us. We should have made another sub on 70 minutes to keep up the momentum 

instead we peter out and run out of steam

craig Levein 100% to blame. 

Your having a laugh, he wasn’t slow to make changes at half time and at the time of Motherwell 2nd we were comfortable and only team looking likely to score. 

The Internet

Can't legislate for some clogger midfielder producing a once in his lifetime strike against you. Insane how many times some ***** gets his first goal in 30 years against us. 

HeartofHartley

I hope to **** Levein learns from his team selection and tactics ahead of Friday.... the arrogance he has though I'm not so sure. 

Absolutely insane amount of work needed this summer and if I hear the words patience and potential in regards to new players I think I'll lose the plot. Enough is enough. Get it sorted Hearts.

Season done! This will have a really negative affect for the rest of the season. If we go to the methadome on Friday and get beat top 6 looks unlikely 

gashauskis9

Absolutely no ****er around the box to win the 2nd ball.  Defensively, we played like we were 2 men short. 

Heres Rixxy

How the **** was less than 3 minutes injury time played? There were 5 subs for a start, which is supposed to be 2.5m, 2 goals, and plenty other stoppages. Joke.

Callahan over milinkovic - Levein, please explain that one ??  

The guy has always looked like a 2nd division footballer. I feel for him as he is so so far out of his depth and today was a calamity for him.

FenderJaguar7

Gutted. 

Only got ourselves to blame. Shocking first half, just shocking.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Cautious tactics costing us again

Ye. Backward passing, liked Adao but I don't like his distribution

We should not be putting in such a pathetic performance. 

But if we are honest with ourselves, it's  something Levein has ingrained at Hearts.  Boring, defensive, average crap.

Totally unacceptable style of play and team plan for a club like Hearts. There will be lots of empty seats until the end of the season unless a massive change is made

Midfield Dynamo

Young Cochrane a bit lightweight at times today.

Still a great prospect.

A better team performance in the 2nd half......but there is not a lot you can do with a top bin winner.

Gutted....but time to cement a top six finish.

Dire first half, better second - looked like we'd go on to win. Sucker punch. Gutted  - great chance to go to Hampden blown. 

Let's phuck the Hibs on Friday.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

With the players we have should we be getting beat off Motherwell

With the midfield we have, we should be losing most games.

Craig Levein's success in this tournament continues 

Well done Hearts. A club with 2500 home supporters have just knocked us out 

Winners. Every single one of them 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Given the pre season mess under Cathro the job Craig has done is very good. (Over all imo) and I've seen enough from our academy to know Craig is doing an important job as our DOF.

But ffs this is the third season in a row we've had to write off far too early. I want a manager that wants to attack! I want a manager that wants to get on the front foot right from the get go. I'm not convinced well get that from Daly. And we really need to get it right in the summer otherwise it's just going to be more of the same.

Ronald Villiers

More money wasted watching that crock of shit.  Anne needs to make changes now, stop screwing around like previous seasons saying 'lets write this season off and start again next season'.  Get a grip now and get shot of Levein's pish tactics!  Based on that performance I fear for us this Friday against the bitters!

7 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Cautious tactics costing us again

Can you explain how we were cautious, particularly 2nd half?

Bristol jamboree 10

C L must go .Jack Ross right Billy Davis Right. That Hibs loving .... Budge must get out now. Wasted fans money She is a disgrace. Ann G T F

9 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I honestly can't believe we're actually going out to this tin pot outfit. No team has a divine right to win. But ffs our support is double theirs today. Our team and manager have let us down. We're paying for that dusgusting performance in the first half. 

Correct

Walter Bishop
Just now, Jamhammer said:

Can you explain how we were cautious, particularly 2nd half?

Dont be ridiculous, you know what he means. 

The set up and selection for the first 45 minutes cost us the game. 

Season over.

Callachan over Skinny - mental. 

Harry’s free kicks - shite 

Roll on next season. 

Half time pie

Watch the turnstiles drop off from here on in. I will still be there but it will be a miserable run in I fear.

1 minute ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

C L must go .Jack Ross right Billy Davis Right. That Hibs loving .... Budge must get out now. Wasted fans money She is a disgrace. Ann G T F

:cornette:

That first goal and second goal sum up our season. One horrendous mistake and a srcreamer by some nomark up till now!

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Your having a laugh, he wasn’t slow to make changes at half time and at the time of Motherwell 2nd we were comfortable and only team looking likely to score. 

I wanted cochrane off for Cowie on 70 minutes, you could see he was flagging - and his mistake cost us the game. 

Then on 87 minutes when we’re behind - 2 subs. Too little too late, we allowed Motherwell to take back the initiative because we didn’t know if we were looking for a draw or a win. Indecision from levein in my opinion 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Didn't deserve to lose that 

lost to a freak once in a lifetime hit. 

We lost thanks to a woeful first half and poor selection by the manager. Happily never see callachan in a hearts top again he is awful.

Archived