***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

Poor first half cost us, I thought when we brought it back to 1-1 we looked like we would score the winner...came close..was gutted when they scored..

better team won on the day...we will pick ourselves up and win on Friday ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It was posted against the Hibs ***** on here though.  Not to excuse our latest defeat.    You seem to be falling over yourself to use it for another purpose.    It's a bit strange.      You can always tell who's desperate for an argument.

Couldn’t give toss what you think tbh 

3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Aye, **** it, emptied in s quarter final but we can take solace in our record against hibs. :thumbsup: 

It's to shut up the hibs fans on here as you may have noticed. Not to get solace anywhere.

Once they have pissed off it will be a better place to 'discuss' today. :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I wanted cochrane off for Cowie on 70 minutes, you could see he was flagging - and his mistake cost us the game. 

Then on 87 minutes when we’re behind - 2 subs. Too little too late, we allowed Motherwell to take back the initiative because we didn’t know if we were looking for a draw or a win. Indecision from levein in my opinion 

This was obvious to me , so why did he last the 90??? I'm all for bringing through the young talent but when it's that ****in obvious surely the management team must see it as well ??

Just now, Gavman81 said:

Do you have faith that his ingrained and deep rooted negativity will subside , and he will have bottle  to play on the front foot, attack teams and not crap it  every time he comes close to a big game / trophy? 

All evidence points to Levein never doing anything in cup football which is Hearts only realistic opportunity to win something. He simply does not have the positive mindset to try and win games when it matters most and his natural propensity to be cautious and not play on the front foot is a killer. It was all so predictable again today that we we would start in such a manner and that he and his players would let down that fantastic traveling support. He should be ashamed as to his role in the mess our squad continues to be in and the way we have once again capitulated in a big game today. 

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Couldn’t give toss what you think tbh 

Sound.    But you should expect pretty much everyone else to take a similar view to you if you're that desperate to cause a rumpus.    As we have seen.     

Midfield is the glaringly obviously problem. That said I don't know why a team with Berra, Hughes, Lafferty, Naismith add Souter and Adoa look so inept and inexperienced. 

when we’re a goal up near the end of a game we’re stuck in our own box, Motherwell played the last 5 in our half. It comes from the managers attitude, tactics or whatever. There was never a chance we would pull it back.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

All evidence points to Levein never doing anything in cup football which is Hearts only realistic opportunity to win something. He simply does not have the positive mindset to try and win games when it matters most and his natural propensity to be cautious and not play on the front foot is a killer. It was all so predictable again today that we we would start in such a manner and that he and his players would let down that fantastic traveling support. He should be ashamed as to his role in the mess our squad continues to be in and the way we have once again capitulated in a big game today. 

Fully agree.

People will point to the 2nd half but when you look at the game on the whole it was nearly not enough in every element of the game. Slow, no anticipation, slack balls when it was easier to hit the team mate.  

There was fleeting glimpses of sharper play but if it wasn't for Naismith we'd have had no other player with an idea how to play in the last third.

The 2nd half was better but it really sums up Hearts when the winner went in. We'd started to fall away again for ten minutes before they scored. We have no staying power in a game.

Too often we are having to lift performances in the 2nd half and even in matches we aren't behind. Says it all.

Poor poor stuff from the outset in an important game.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, GYL said:

This was obvious to me , so why did he last the 90??? I'm all for bringing through the young talent but when it's that ****in obvious surely the management team must see it as well ??

It was painfully obvious, poor management to leave cochrane on. They must have thought to sub him off and bring cowie on to put his foot on the ball, calm things down and maintain the composure and momentum for that last 20 minutes. Instead we gave away the initiative and Harry’s tired attempt to stop mchugh sums it up for me. Shouldn’t have been on the park at that point. Great talent but the fitness and 90 minute power is not there yet

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Cathro it was a gamble,  CL a very safe pair of hands and one of the best managers in the country.

A CL gamble.and he definatly isn't one of the best managers in the country, not even close

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It was painfully obvious, poor management to leave cochrane on. They must have thought to sub him off and bring cowie on to put his foot on the ball, calm things down and maintain the composure and momentum for that last 20 minutes. Instead we gave away the initiative and Harry’s tired attempt to stop mchugh sums it up for me. Shouldn’t have been on the park at that point. Great talent but the fitness and 90 minute power is not there yet

Everyone except CL could see it mate. I was shouting for Cowie to replace him

Just now, weehammy said:

Wait till your my age. The inevitability of the opposition's late goal (following a tantalising spell when it looked like we might actually do something)  tempers any disappointment and makes it easier to shrug off.

'Deja Vue all over again'.

I can't wait till I'm your age weehammy cause I'm hurting

32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Cathro it was a gamble,  CL a very safe pair of hands and one of the best managers in the country.

Levein is one of the best managers in the country, yet has a squad including McLouglin, Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Cowie and Lafferty. And still we can't beat the likes of Killie and Motherwell, not to mention our embarrassing away record. Something doesn't add up mate. 

1 minute ago, Ministry said:

Levein is one of the best managers in the country, yet has a squad including McLouglin, Souttar, Berra, Naismith, Cowie and Lafferty. And still we can't beat the likes of Killie and Motherwell, not to mention our embarrassing away record. Something doesn't add up mate. 

We are underachieving that’s a fact. Minimum Fifth in the league and a cup semi final, both of these haven’t happened. Two results - Celtic and vs hibs in the cup isn’t enough... midfield and flair is non existent now losing cheap cheap goals 

Quite glad I couldn't make it now. The drive back would have been grim. The only consolation is that neither of these teams are a threat to win the trophy so we may have been spared  scrap semi final performance. Our defence can only achieve so much with no midfield.

2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

As a corner taker?  :pleased:

At least that made me smile.

8 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

We are underachieving that’s a fact. Minimum Fifth in the league and a cup semi final, both of these haven’t happened. Two results - Celtic and vs hibs in the cup isn’t enough... midfield and flair is non existent now losing cheap cheap goals 

Totally agree, Levein had to get a run to Hampden in order to keep the fans on side and prove he can get something out of this squad. The only way to redeem himself now would be to somehow catch Hibs in the league, which looks near on impossible now. 

Just now, deejtee said:

Quite glad I couldn't make it now. The drive back would have been grim. The only consolation is that neither of these teams are a threat to win the trophy so we may have been spared  scrap semi final performance. Our defence can only achieve so much with no midfield.

Spared??

Surely you would rather get to Hampden for the first time in five years!!!!

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Everyone except CL could see it mate. I was shouting for Cowie to replace him

That's what makes it so disappointing....we could see it coming. Have to say that sometimes the luck just doesn't go your way and it was a wonder strike that done us... but if .....well who knows?

Not if we had to endure a cuffing from one of the old firm. How many of us would really have given us much chance of winning the cup? Today was disappointing against a no more than workmanlike Motherwell.

1 minute ago, deejtee said:

Not if we had to endure a cuffing from one of the old firm. How many of us would really have given us much chance of winning the cup? Today was disappointing against a no more than workmanlike Motherwell.

Sorry mate but I totally disagree, would much rather be going to Hampden than being "spared a pumping"

8 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Regardless of whether we would have made it beyond the semi final, it would have been a big pay day for us. Runs in the cups are one of the best ways we can better our financial position and improve the squad budget. 

Rocky jamboa

Just back from the game. Such a poor first half. Motherwell seemed to want it more than us, which is disappointing. Milinkovic made the difference when he came on. Why was he not on from the start? Thought godinho had a decent game. Was that his debut? 

A great travelling support and atmosphere. Let down again! Season over now. Top 6... so what! I'm sure the club will play on it though to milk more cash from the loyal fans. 

How can a club with, what 2k fans today? V 5k away fans win relatively comfortably? Poor stuff and so disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Just back from the game. Such a poor first half. Motherwell seemed to want it more than us, which is disappointing. Milinkovic made the difference when he came on. Why was he not on from the start? Thought godinho had a decent game. Was that his debut? 

A great travelling support and atmosphere. Let down again! Season over now. Top 6... so what! I'm sure the club will play on it though to milk more cash from the loyal fans. 

How can a club with, what 2k fans today? V 5k away fans win relatively comfortably? Poor stuff and so disappointing. 

Too much to go over but the continual way we fail in these games must make most Hearts fans irate.

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Sorry mate but I totally disagree, would much rather be going to Hampden than being "spared a pumping"

Losing a semifinal has never been too memorable an event and I would rather we had won today but could not see us going further with such a limited squad that don't win enough games. Having said that I would probably have gone.

52 minutes ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Heart of Midlothian is the disgrace of Scottish football.Total joke.Budge must go.

Your no even trying you rocket.

you ponied up for your season ticket yet Leanne wants yer dosh

26 minutes ago, Ministry said:

Agree, tactics all wrong, far too defensive, gonna win nowt under CL leadership, 

since the winter break we've been piss poor.

i wish jj was my dad

Really poor in the first half. PIcked ourselves up in the second but how Harry lasted beyond HT is beyond me.   

Mars plastic
57 minutes ago, McCrae said:

one of the best managers in the country.

Please stop talking utter dung.

50 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Do you have faith that his ingrained and deep rooted negativity will subside , and he will have bottle  to play on the front foot, attack teams and not crap it  every time he comes close to a big game / trophy? 

You can only play to the strengths of the squad you have, I expect our play will change when we sign more players in the summer. 

I thought we would struggle this year and the team is playing better than I expected.

The Celtic game is one of my best ever memories.

I really enjoyed CL’s last time in charge, especially our away trips in Europe. Don’t see why this can’t be repeated. 

Just back and we weren't good enough. Lucky to get away with the Motherwell disallowed goal. They bullied us 1st half. 2nd half was much better but not enough. Not convinced by adao. Give Harry the benefit of the doubt cos of his age, still learning. Naismith isn't worth his wages. Gamble failed 

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Please stop talking utter dung.

CL is a fantastic manager we are lucky to have him.

Well that was sadly predictable. Really fed up watching this movie. As someone who has seen all our away league games this season it is really concerning that the management team haven’t learnt from past mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why is he a "fantastic" manager?  Please explain.

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Assume Berra out of the Derby now?

Why ?  Head knock ?

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Who gives a flying, and what's that got to do with wanting our top goal scorer dropped?

It was your comparison to Sammon, Princess.

9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Who has won what ?  Have we actually improved ? Lucky if we finish 6th. I will wait till we get horsed on Friday and people will really change their tune 

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Why is he a "fantastic" manager?  Please explain.

He has one of the best European records of any manager in Scotland.

Just now, McCrae said:

:rofl: ok.

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Who has won what ?  Have we actually improved ? Lucky if we finish 6th. I will wait till we get horsed on Friday and people will really change their tune 

If you go to games the improvement from Cathro  is obvious. 

Mars plastic
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Fantastic if you’re happy with being emptied out the cup to Motherwell, potentially finishing 7th and an utterly shite away record.

Give me Steve Clarke ahead of him every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Yes concussion 

Yeah, sorry didn't see the thread about it. He certainly looked dazed after it happened.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl: ok.

Name a current non old firm manager that has done better?

Incorrectly set up today I feel.

When Mitchell was certain to miss out we should have went with a back 4 and had width in midfield.

I actually think we’re a better side playing 3-5-2 but we need Mitchell and Randall in their natural positions for it to work.

Plenty people having a go at our midfield but it was our lack of width in the final 3rd that cost us first half.

Very disappointed.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You’re at it. The Hobbit troll was more subtle than you!

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Fantastic if you’re happy with being emptied out the cup to Motherwell, potentially finishing 7th and an utterly shite away record.

Give me Steve Clarke ahead of him every day of the week.

No I am not happy, but I understand it’s a work in progress with the team.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Name a current non old firm manager that has done better?

McLeish.  And you didn’t say current non OF manager.

Archived