New Striker?

kimosavi

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nae bother......stories can grow legs though ?

I do wonder if insisting on signing CS  may have proved a nail in the coffin of Robbie ultimately 

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gavman81 said:

Sammon tried hard but was rubbish

The whole world apart from Robbie Neilson new it would be a bad signing, and his crapness in the two Euro games proved that the fans apathy towards him was justified 

In saying that - would probably do a job under Levein 

He was our best player in the home Euro game we got beat, ffs. Mom and scored.....

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I do wonder if insisting on signing CS  may have proved a nail in the coffin of Robbie ultimately 

Nah, it was when he put on his David Gray body suit and won the cup for hibs that ended Robbie. 

36 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nah, it was when he put on his David Gray body suit and won the cup for hibs that ended Robbie. 

Capitulation against Hibs and the subsequent unthinkable becoming painful reality done for Neilson 

In a thread titled “New Striker” the current discussion is about a current striker we is really in the past as currently not playing for us. Interesting. It’d be more interesting to discuss potential options and whether the ITK chat is true. (Which is either it’s a contract has been offered, that there’s in fact two players we’re after who are foreign or whether or not they’ll be signed in time for Saturday or not - as that’s the contradiction here) As stated before, a new striker in to even grace the bench on Saturday could do wonders, if not least to light a fire up Lafferty so he knows there’s someone there to replace him if he doesn’t perform well.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Nae bother......stories can grow legs though ?

Sign it then. Might be able to play up front. 

Maybe rename this thread "argue the pros and cons of connor sammon"

Or

Gies a new striker... !

Right, any credible whispers that CL has somebody lined up ?

CS ain’t the answer , crap first time round , no change second time . We need a goal scorer , unfortunately over the last many years we fail and fail agin in this department 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Spencer said:

Someone did get it wrong. Sadly Sammon wasn't an isolated case as we all know 

And we've subsequently reviewed and changed our recruitment policy. On the evidence so far it's looking like a massive improvement so im sure you will be delighted?

11 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Not taking any chances on Adao. Obviously wants to ensure he is fresh for the run in after not playing much football. Clearly a vital part of our Scottish Cup Final squad. B)

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Not taking any chances on Adao. Obviously wants to ensure he is fresh for the run in after not playing much football. Clearly a vital part of our Scottish Cup Final squad. B)

Not great if Don and Ross are out too tho.

£1m for anew pitch as well.

That might scupper our first £1m transfer that I envisaged next season.....

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Not great if Don and Ross are out too tho.

£1m for anew pitch as well.

That might scupper our first £1m transfer that I envisaged next season.....

The money from winning the cup and making the EL group stages will ensure we have the cash for your £1m signing.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

The money from winning the cup and making the EL group stages will ensure we have the cash for your £1m signing.

Ohhhh the banter.

I'll be expecting at least two once this plays out!:rolleyes2:

...and the corners filled in :huh2:

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ohhhh the banter.

I'll be expecting at least two once this plays out!:rolleyes2:

...and the corners filled in :huh2:

Not interested in turning my serious predictions in to glib but witty banter, thanks. B)

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Not interested in turning my serious predictions in to glib but witty banter, thanks. B)

Your ‘serious’ projections contain a grave error in underestimating the increased income we will receive from prize money for finishing second in the SPL. Should be worth an attacking midfielder or two goalies.

Otherwise, I concur.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Your ‘serious’ projections contain a grave error in underestimating the increased income we will receive from prize money for finishing second in the SPL. Should be worth an attacking midfielder or two goalies.

Otherwise, I concur.

Too rich for me, Scott. I’m more of a realist. I had us finishing third. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Fair enough, I shouldn't be mocking such serious and genuine predictions.

I appoligise.

but , I wasn't joking about the corners......:ninja:

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Otherwise, I concur.

Pahhhh....

Second, that's loser talk. We can still take first place.

However, I forget where we are at just now tho, relegation battle or title challenge, things change so quickly on here...

Jambof3tornado

Names bound to come out in the next 24 to 48 hours. Not a look showing up British wise but Jamie Mole is on the list of unattached players!!!

8 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He was our best player in the home Euro game we got beat, ffs. Mom and scored.....

Yes.He had a blinder

When he pulled it back to 2-1 against that team of paper boys , I recall thinking "MOM performance - he's played much better than Buaben tonight "

One goal for the rest of the season was an excellent return

Point is mate , he's rubbish and EVERYONE  knew it would be a bad signing - including our current gaffer, who I hear tried to talk Robbie out of it

8 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Did you actually go to that game, or are you just relating these stats?  Serious question.

He did score a goal late on, but his MOM award was not justified at all and people were incredulous about it, hence a poor reaction to it

2 hours ago, flux said:

The foreign one will be Stokes....

I'd rather we signed Kim jong-Un he's a less odious human being!

Anyone actually ITK, or do we have to settle for the usual suspects wth their hilarious ‘banter’? 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Did you actually go to that game, or are you just relating these stats?  Serious question.

He did score a goal late on, but his MOM award was not justified at all and people were incredulous about it, hence a poor reaction to it

Yip, I was there and he was one of our better players on a poor day.

I remember us hitting the bar twice and missing a pk. 

Incredulous...... Ffs.

Banderson deffo gets his exclusives from on here. Hopefully get someone half decent in next week. There are a few free agents I'd take in a heartbeat.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gavman81 said:

Yes.He had a blinder

When he pulled it back to 2-1 against that team of paper boys , I recall thinking "MOM performance - he's played much better than Buaben tonight "

One goal for the rest of the season was an excellent return

Point is mate , he's rubbish and EVERYONE  knew it would be a bad signing - including our current gaffer, who I hear tried to talk Robbie out of it

Still one of our better players on the night the poster mentioned tho.?

And he was better than Prince, who missed a penalty ?

NB, he equalised as well to make it 1-1, not pulled it back to 1-2.

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Banderson deffo gets his exclusives from on here. Hopefully get someone half decent in next week. There are a few free agents I'd take in a heartbeat.

Tbf.....

There are direct quotes from CL so you have to assume BA has asked the questions.

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

One arguably decent performance doesn't justify keeping him when he's been consistently honking in maroon though 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

One arguably decent performance doesn't justify keeping him when he's been consistently honking in maroon though 

I agree.

I was answering a post in direct relation to that game by someone else.

5 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

Total guess British striker Nile ranger or Michael higdon

Not a chance either of those players will be a target for us.

29 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If ba banderson was taking anything from the new striker thread on here it would be an EEN article about Sammon

15 hours ago, Ryder said:

Partly, yes. Well not “our” exactly. Only the simpletons who boo Hearts players on to the pitch.

Totally agree, booing Hearts players is not on.......but we could have hired a plane with a "WE LOVE YOU CONNOR" banner and that still would not make the big numpty a player fit to wear the maroon.

49 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

NB, he equalised as well to make it 1-1, not pulled it back to 1-2.

Nope - Sammon scored when they were 2-0 up.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Totally agree, booing Hearts players is not on.......but we could have hired a plane with a "WE LOVE YOU CONNOR" banner and that still would not make the big numpty a player fit to wear the maroon.

Could have done that with the Robbie plane. A message on each side.

Next time you and the lads hire a plane, use both sides of the banner?.

Value for money as well.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nope - Sammon scored when they were 2-0 up.

I stand corrected, I could swear it was 1-1, then they scored their breakaway goal which was a  pretty good goal.

Big man still didn't deserve to be booed.

The team on the other hand......

Feel like a plum celebrating the goal now, we were never scoring 3!

Archived