New Striker?

kimosavi

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Well maybe the ITK"s could just send those requesting PMs to let them fell wanted then.:laugh:

That's when we'll all know that 'snowflakes' have finally taken over the world - when JKB goes all warm, fuzzy & inclusive.  Group huge anyone? :thumbsup:

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Nobody is making him out to be a work beater. Not one single poster.

He was nowhere near lazy. That is the one thing you could not accuse him of. 

I never booed him and think those those who did are ****ing morons.

Funny how we can see things so differently.

At at times I thought he was pretty lazy. Looked as though he had given up. To be fair to him this is when we were playing shite and he was being brought on as a sub.

2 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

That's when we'll all know that 'snowflakes' have finally taken over the world - when JKB goes all warm, fuzzy & inclusive.  Group huge anyone? :thumbsup:

Could Hey Jude be mixed in with All You Need Is Love?

Just now, Rents said:

Totally agree 

He may have been a different player in this CL team.

The guy was on a hiding to nothing. He was written off before he had started. He was contributing a lot to the team but wasn’t scoring goals. The goals would probably have come (like they are now for him at Partick in the same league) but he was getting booed on to the pitch and slaughtered from the stands before he had a chance. Also agree that he could have benefitted from having more useful players than Tony Watt beside him.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Nobody is making him out to be a work beater. Not one single poster.

He was nowhere near lazy. That is the one thing you could not accuse him of. 

I never booed him and think those those who did are ****ing morons.

Funny how we can see things so differently.

Definitely not a lazy player. Quite the opposite. Not great in the air for his size. Run the channels all day for you 

Given the kind of example that hurled abuse at him he is best off where he is 

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

At at times I thought he was pretty lazy. Looked as though he had given up. To be fair to him this is when we were playing shite and he was being brought on as a sub.

He was involved in plenty moves for us. Good passing movements and noisi g up defences. As time wore on he looked shorn of confidence and I put that down to the team struggling and the abuse from the stands.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The guy was on a hiding to nothing. He was written off before he had started. He was contributing a lot to the team but wasn’t scoring goals. The goals would probably have come (like they are now for him at Partick in the same league) but he was getting booed on to the pitch and slaughtered from the stands before he had a chance. Also agree that he could have benefitted from having more useful players than Tony Watt beside him.

Honestly are things that bad people are rewriting history

He is simply not good enough, never was and never will be...a terrible signing which was clear to 9/10 Hearts fans even before he signed..........whomever picked him needs their backside kicked.

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Definitely not a lazy player. Quite the opposite. Not great in the air for his size. Run the channels all day for you 

Agreeing with you far too often at the moment. Not comfortable with it. :unsure:

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, Ski Nae said:

Could Hey Jude be mixed in with All You Need Is Love?

Anything goes in happy, funky clappy-land !! :smile:

Just now, CJGJ said:

He is simply not good enough, never was and never will be...a terrible signing which was clear to 9/10 Hearts fans even before he signed..........whoever picked him needs his backside kicked.

“never was”

There you have it right there. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He was involved in plenty moves for us. Good passing movements and noisi g up defences. As time wore on he looked shorn of confidence and I put that down to the team struggling and the abuse from the stands.

Yeh folk where acting like he was terrible not the best but a bit more time he could have had a few goals for us by now.

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Agreed time to cut our losses similar to the Isma situation.

I heard a story that CL warned Neilson on him signing so doubt we will see him again.

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Agreeing with you far too often at the moment. Not comfortable with it. :unsure:

It won't last bud! 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

The treatment dished out to him was shocking and I reckon some of it was based on his nationality.  Not all of it, as he was not very good for us, but certainly some of it. 

He came across interviews as a decent bloke and is doing ok at Thistle which from my point of view is good to see.

Agree with much of this Johnno... needs more swearies though! ?

Sammon just wasn’t all that good for us but one thing he did do was try, wouldn’t have said he was lazy, in fact far from it, always put a shift in but his finishing was terrible and useless in the air. His confidence was shot and no wonder when he got the abuse from the stands the way he did. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The treatment dished out to him was shocking and I reckon some of it was based on his nationality.  Not all of it, as he was not very good for us, but certainly some of it. 

He came across interviews as a decent bloke and is doing ok at Thistle which from my point of view is good to see.

Agreed. Never had an issue with Sammon, very good workrate just no luck infront of goal. When the fans got on his back it was game over for him. Hopefully him doing well at Thistle might result in a move elsewhere. Plenty teams down south in League 1 or 2 could do with a player like him. Probably make more money too..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of people made their mind up on Sammon before he kicked a ball and after the early Euro exit  we needed a new boo boy.

Boom. Perfect fit

9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Totally agree.  I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as folk make out on here.  We seemed to create barrel loads of chances during Sammons brief run in the first team.  He and others just couldn't finish them at the start of last season.  I don't think Neilson helped either by deploying him as the loan striker.   His confidence seemed shot to pieces after that. 

i wish jj was my dad
32 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

lets not make Sammon out to be a world beater, when he was here he was lazy and couldn't trap a bag of cement and his first touch was his only touch, he stands over 6 foot and when he jumped he was under 5 foot, the man was a non trier and should never be allowed to pull on the jersey again, I never booed him but understand why others did.

These parts certainly aren't true.  Yes, he was quite poor but a lot of the abuse was unwarranted and I actually thought he took a lot of stick that should have been directed at Tony Watt.

Sammon tried hard but was rubbish

The whole world apart from Robbie Neilson new it would be a bad signing, and his crapness in the two Euro games proved that the fans apathy towards him was justified 

In saying that - would probably do a job under Levein 

Sammon can’t be our ‘new signing’ - he already plays for us. Can we get this thread back on topic please? 

Just to finish, the last couple of pages prove he was never given a chance by many, certainly wouldn’t be given a second chance by even more. I suspect he wouldn’t want to play for us again. 

Anyway, any news on a new striker? 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sammon can’t be our ‘new signing’ - he already plays for us. Can we get this thread back on topic please? 

Just to finish, the last couple of pages prove he was never given a chance by many, certainly wouldn’t be given a second chance by even more. I suspect he wouldn’t want to play for us again. 

Anyway, any news on a new striker? 

Come on Sammon is rubbish.

rudi must stay
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A lot of people made their mind up on Sammon before he kicked a ball and after the early Euro exit  we needed a new boo boy.

Boom. Perfect fit

I actually disagree with this. He was more popular than I expected him to be after not doing much in a Killie shirt. His performances made him a boo boy, same as Goncalves and all the other guys who have been booed (not that I boo btw) it's because they are rubbish

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Come on Sammon is rubbish.

I didn’t pass judgement on him.  Just commented on comments on this thread. 

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I actually disagree with this. He was more popular than I expected him to be after not doing much in a Killie shirt. His performances made him a boo boy, same as Goncalves and all the other guys who have been booed (not that I boo btw) it's because they are rubbish

He was rounded on before he even played his first league match for us!!! 

His performances at Killie that discredit caused him to be transferred for over £600k before a subsequent move for £1.2M to EPL 

Sammon was nowhere near as bad as some like to make him out to have been 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I didn’t pass judgement on him.  Just commented on comments on this thread. 

Oky doky.

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

His performances at Killie that discredit caused him to be transferred for over £600k before a subsequent move for £1.2M to EPL 

If you follow his career stats Eremenko made Sammons career. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Poor first tough, weak shots. Not much pace and I don't like his attitude, for me he's not good enough to be playing for Hearts and I'm glad he isnt

Arthur Morgan
14 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

If folk want to discuss Sammon, start a new thread please. 

This. Why does every big thread on here go off topic? :D

If the main job of a striker was to hide behind the centre back as a cross was coming into the box Connor would be right up there with the best . He was an absolute master of this craft . 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He is simply not good enough, never was and never will be...a terrible signing which was clear to 9/10 Hearts fans even before he signed..........whomever picked him needs their backside kicked.

Well said

3 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

This. Why does every big thread on here go off topic? :D

An interesting question. I think it just mirrors natural face to face conversation. What is your theory? :D

Regarding Sammon, confidence is a wonderful thing.

Ironically, those branding him lazy were probably the ones booing and hounding him.

35 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It was the fans fault for booing. Ffs. 

?

Don't think anyone is saying that. Not sure what it said about our fans though 

He is extremely unlikely to ever play for us again so it's all in the past now tbh 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If the main job of a striker was to hide behind the centre back as a cross was coming into the box Connor would be right up there with the best . He was an absolute master of this craft . 

That disgrace on loan from Charlton certainly didn't help him 

fabienleclerq

Sammon was shite at Hearts but are folk really suggesting he was lazy?

He got some pretty awful abuse and bore the brunt of the fans frustration that should've been aimed higher up.

i think folk expected a kevin kyle type and it's just not his game. He wasn't given a chance and in the end had to leave.

The "lol its the fans fault he's shite" stuff is funny, obviously it seems a silly suggestion but your own fans abusing you will affect people in different ways. Tony cascarino's got a good bit about how it affected him, others will go the other way to silence them. The fans absolutely played a part in his performances imo.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Anything in the pipeline, Notts ? 

Nothing further to report from last night.......but I have been in the pub most of tonight ?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Don't think anyone is saying that. Not sure what it said about our fans though 

He is extremely unlikely to ever play for us again so it's all in the past now tbh 

It says if he is the best option then someone got something wrong. 

Agree that he is thankfully unlikely to ever play for us again. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It says if he is the best option then someone got something wrong. 

Agree that he is thankfully unlikely to ever play for us again. 

Someone did get it wrong. Sadly Sammon wasn't an isolated case as we all know 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Spencer said:

Someone did get it wrong. Sadly Sammon wasn't an isolated case as we all know 

That's certainly true. 

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

That's certainly true. 

Neilson got this one wrong. Levein tried to talk him out of the signing.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
27 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Neilson got this one wrong. Levein tried to talk him out of the signing.

You're preaching to the converted here mate. 

1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

You're preaching to the converted here mate. 

Nae bother......stories can grow legs though ?

Archived