New Striker?

kimosavi

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

This

I may have been in Peebles but haven't read anywhere why the wee man wasn't playing yesterday

Tight hamstring.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Say Naismith picks up an injury and misses the last couple of weeks of the season (it would hardly be a first for him). Say Lafferty picks up a booking in the cup semi and misses the final. What are our options? A 17 year old who's never scored and that's it.

It's easy to say we don't need another striker after a comfortable win, but I think it'd be short-sighted not to sign one. There are still some decent options out there who'll do a job for 6 months. 

I suspect Levein probably thinks the same.

Well put

14 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Say Naismith picks up an injury and misses the last couple of weeks of the season (it would hardly be a first for him). Say Lafferty picks up a booking in the cup semi and misses the final. What are our options? A 17 year old who's never scored and that's it.

It's easy to say we don't need another striker after a comfortable win, but I think it'd be short-sighted not to sign one. There are still some decent options out there who'll do a job for 6 months. 

Great post and 100%

The White Cockade
41 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Tight hamstring.

39 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Naismith declared himself fit after suffering from a tight hamstring earlier in the week but CL didn’t want to risk him.

cheers lads

fabienleclerq

I assume the Keena loan is one where we can recall him? Going 3-0 up allowed us to chuck on Henderson but lone striker isn't his position.

7 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

I assume the Keena loan is one where we can recall him? Going 3-0 up allowed us to chuck on Henderson but lone striker isn't his position.

I don’t think you can recall a loan out with a window but I may be wrong

13 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Thought I'd bump this thread.

Notts/Daz are we looking like adding a striker to the squad this week ?

Yes

25 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Any idea if a deal has more or less already been done ?

Yes I do.

26 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Good stuff.

Any idea if a deal has more or less already been done ?

Given Craig already gave an interview stating he was interested in signing a striker and that it was down to one of two it's not exactly news

Oh and he said it would be this week before anything was fixed up

siegementality
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Not a chance.

Here we go again. CL told us he was looking to sign a striker and it would be next week. That means I’m as in the know as you.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Given Craig already gave an interview stating he was interested in signing a striker and that it was down to one of two it's not exactly news

Oh and he said it would be this week before anything was fixed up

Exactly.

The only person that is ITK is (thankfully) CL.

Only way to establish if someone is ITK (if that person is even so inclined) is for them to state when they expect the announcement. I mean, I can say it’s going to be on Wednesday we see a scarf over a head, but that’s me picking the middle day out of 5. But if someone is indeed ITK and don’t want to scupper any deal they’re going to be quiet on names, but they don’t have to be quiet on timelines. I suppose we’ll only know for sure if they are either Paraguayan, Iraqi or have at least played in those countries. For me personally I’m not bothered by a name, I would just like to know when we’ll have someone in the door. If what Levein says is right we could have someone by the game this weekend. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later so they can get a few training sessions in.

Are Keena and Zanatta cup tied or did we recall the latter to make sure he wasn't and only allowed Keena to go on loan after QP were out of the SC? If this is the case we are maybe happy to leave them where they knowing we can recall as and when needed. Raith and QP's season could be over in early May

10 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Are Keena and Zanatta cup tied or did we recall the latter to make sure he wasn't and only allowed Keena to go on loan after QP were out of the SC? If this is the case we are maybe happy to leave them where they knowing we can recall as and when needed. Raith and QP's season could be over in early May

We can’t recall them this season. 

10 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Yep, we are light up front.

I'd imagine at the moment Milinkovic or Amankwaa could fill in as a striker if required.

39 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Lafferty and Naismith were just pure and utter guesses, WEEKS before any journo's or media got onto it. I'm not "ITK" just lucky I 'guess' is that a fair summary to you?

You got any info you can share  on here about any signings this week ?

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yep, we are light up front.

I'd imagine at the moment Milinkovic or Amankwaa could fill in as a striker if required.

When Dannybwas signed CL said he can play through the middle aswell. Milinkovic definately can be an emergency striker. However Id hope we can add some depth so we dont have to rely on either and can play them in more natural positions

Jambof3tornado

Aimed at notts and daza, are we still looking at 2 targets and of the players in question, are they ready to play or are they well behind due to lack of action?

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aimed at notts and daza, are we still looking at 2 targets and of the players in question, are they ready to play or are they well behind due to lack of action?

Surely if they are free agents then they will not have played since January therefore probably not now match fit 

Any player we sign now won't really go straight into the starting 11 for a few weeks at the earliest 

Dominique Da Sylva was a name I had mentioned to me at the game on Saturday although I don’t know what truth is in it.

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Dominique Da Sylva was a name I had mentioned to me at the game on Saturday although I don’t know what truth is in it.

Been on Rumours site for several days.

I think someone suggested he might need a work permit - even if it is true.

Captain America
12 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Could a new striker be involved in cup games?

Aslong as they not played for another team in Scottish Cup this season then they can play.

Just now, JamboAl said:

Been on Rumours site for several days.

I think someone suggested he might need a work permit - even if it is true.

First I heard of him was Saturday but he’s from Mauritius so I’d imagine he would need a work permit. 

1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

First I heard of him was Saturday but he’s from Mauritius so I’d imagine he would need a work permit. 

May be true and work permit is holding things up.

7 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

He is from Mauritania and only ever played in Africa/Vietnam! Bit of a strange one which I can't see happening TBH and very doubtful he would get a permit

10 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

He's from Mauritania rather than Mauritius but would need a work permit either way and not sure how likely that is given he's played very few games for a poor performing African nation (can't remember them ever getting close to African Cup qualification) , that also has very few political ties with the Western world.

18 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Was once a French colony so there may be a French passport there, but still an odd one if so. Certainly makes the Paraguay / Iraqi thing a bit odd if this turns out to be true.

more chance of Long John Silver !  surely not worth any kind of deal, 9 starts last year....  we need somebody who can actually come in and be fit enough to play, this guy clearly isnt what we are looking for...although its on the rumours site.. so must be kosha !

:P:P

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm quite cool on this one. I am sure we will not rush into anything for the sake of it. Its not going to be a player the level of Naismith or Lafferty. Going to be a man to come off the bench I suspect

I'd love us to go for Souleymane Coulibaly , exactly type of player we need. Mobile/powerful.

He was in Egypt but he's left club after weird rumours about them withholding his passport and wages etc

Probably alot of red tape there but he left Kilmarnock for 1mil so if we were to sort out all that nonsense and land him free would be worthwhile

Just wishful thinking on my part, no idea if that makes him officially a free agent or not

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to be a man to come off the bench I suspect

Would make sense, wages and player expectation would probably dictate this. Can't be many players around who are currently unattached and would realistically expect to oust either Lafferty or Naismith

1 hour ago, CAR said:

He is from Mauritania and only ever played in Africa/Vietnam! Bit of a strange one which I can't see happening TBH and very doubtful he would get a permit

His parents are Portuguese if that helps. Also he has played in champions league on those continents so not a backwater league. Just different from what we are familiar with

No idea if he is any good but stranger things have happened.

That Morelos had only played for obscure teams prior to rangers

portobellojambo1
15 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Thought I'd bump this thread.

Notts/Daz are we looking like adding a striker to the squad this week ?

If you go on the strength of CL's words towards the end of last week then the answer is yes. He said at that time he was talking to two strikers, one UK based and the other overseas. He then added that he didn't expect anything to be done before the SC tie versus St Johnstone, and it wasn't but was confident something could be done this week.

35 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

His parents are Portuguese if that helps. Also he has played in champions league on those continents so not a backwater league. Just different from what we are familiar with

No idea if he is any good but stranger things have happened.

That Morelos has only played for obscure teams including  therangers

Fixed it for you

Archived