Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

Him and Lafferty are going to annoy the shite out of teams....need to keep their discipline though and refs will be watching?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at Tynecastle that knows Steven Naismith well of course is Gary Locke. At Kilmarnock together.

At Tynecastle tonight for FoH event Gary talked about his strong commitment and work rate as well as encouraging team mates. Even as a youngster he would be badgering older team mates including his captain! 

44 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Kimo, you on airport watch tomorrow?

I'm still stuck in Heathrow waiting on Diarra arriving ?

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

The players they’ve brought in only make limited sense unless they are planninv on offloading a few or are just going to cram players in out of position.

Was it Ian Black that was at hibs ground when he got a call to Tynecastle? 

Black mentioned this the other day. Done his medical at Hivs then bolted up the road! LOL

26 minutes ago, The Merse said:

That’s a load of shit to be fair.

We got it spectacularly wrong with many signings, not only on quality but the length of contracts too.

We’ve been giving sizeable wages on three year deals to a number of disaster cases.

We’re correcting things now but don’t gloss over the shambolic policy over the last few windows.

Its factually accurate for example I expect we are paying more for Lafferty than we did for Sammon

Also now that we are re-established better players actually want to come to us. 

Sorry it it doesn’t fit your agenda

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Its factually accurate for example I expect we are paying more for Lafferty than we did for Sammon

Also now that we are re-established better players actually want to come to us. 

Sorry it it doesn’t fit your agenda

It seems to me that some lessons have been learnt. You can’t really ask for more than that.

naismith is a sensational signing if we pull it off

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone at Tynecastle that knows Steven Naismith well of course is Gary Locke. At Kilmarnock together.

At Tynecastle tonight for FoH event Gary talked about his strong commitment and work rate as well as encouraging team mates. Even as a youngster he would be badgering older team mates including his captain! 

I take it your at Tynie for the 1956 presentation i waa going with the missus but will wait until February how was it Mikey

39 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Kamara. Best opposition player I have seen us play this season, Parkhead aside.

I said the same mate. The guy is class, great engine on him, good on the ball and gets stuck in to. Would be a fantastic signing 

The White Cockade
6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'm still stuck in Heathrow waiting on Diarra arriving ?

eaten a dodgy burger?

:qqb001:

1 minute ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I take it your at Tynie for the 1956 presentation i waa going with the missus but will wait until February how was it Mikey

I've got my invite too, so would be good to hear how it went.  Couldn't make it tonight so probably head along on 21 Feb.

2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

I said the same mate. The guy is class, great engine on him, good on the ball and gets stuck in to. Would be a fantastic signing 

Been a stand out for Dundee , i know theyve had poor resukts but theyve played some decent football at times and he always seems to be in the middle of it

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It seems to me that some lessons have been learnt. You can’t really ask for more than that.

naismith is a sensational signing if we pull it off

More funds

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

And or O Hara.

Ricardo Shillyshally

It really is a pity that we missed out on a relatively unknown Ozzie to end up with a proven £9m striker.

????

11 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Good.

Nice turnout tonight.  Mainly a chance to chat and look round Museum. Very welcoming with Gary and FoH people. 

Nice certificate and badge.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good.

Nice turnout tonight.  Mainly a chance to chat and look round Museum. Very welcoming with Gary and FoH people. 

Nice certificate and badge.

Cheers Mikey 

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Haven't really been following this but has he signed yet or not? Haven't seen any formal announcement anywhere.

Nope deals off........?

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Nope deals off........?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit!! Not unheard of that an alleged dead cert of a transfer is going through then lo and behold it's off!!

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Its a bit of a moot point but amongst the madness of the past few years with nearly everyone on here moaning about players and signings - it had always made clear by the club that the signings initially after adminstration would be the best we could afford and possibly be riskier type signings and that money required to be put into the academy as it had become a shambles. We were also told that as we re-established ourselves and increased our income two things would happen - the quality of player we could sign would improve, and we'd start to see the benefit of the changes to the academy.

Whilst many many people lost their heads this is exactly what is unfolding.

I dont buy this but its is not the time for these arguments or a very premature "I told you you so".I am delighted that we have pushed the boat out for Naismith and I will be there on Sunday with 3 generations of my family willing him and the team on.

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit!! Not unheard of that an alleged dead cert of a transfer is going through then lo and behold it's off!!

Aye right you are pal.

4 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'm half-way through constructing my Lafferty/Naismith shrine. I've just got to paint the Naismith action figure, add the number on the back, and decide where the candles are going to go. They'd better not call it off now!

Hope he signs, this is the kind of player that will put more bums on seats at Tynecastle.  Great bit of business if it comes off, please get the midfield sorted too Craig, some pace and a bit of steel would be welcome. #onwardsandupwards

1 minute ago, Australis...... said:

Hope he signs, this is the kind of player that will put more bums on seats at Tynecastle.  Great bit of business if it comes off, please get the midfield sorted too Craig, some pace and a bit of steel would be welcome. #onwardsandupwards

Seems to be s done deal now mate . Hopefully no last minute hiccups 

11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Haven't really been following this but has he signed yet or not? Haven't seen any formal announcement anywhere.

Joint statement form Hearts and Norwich expected tomorrow.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of the following......

'He's signed for Hearts, he's signed for Hearts

Steven Naismith, has signed for Hearts....

Feck you Rangers, Naismith's signed for Hearts, Naismith's signed for Hearts, Naismith's signed for Hearts'

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm half-way through constructing my Lafferty/Naismith shrine. I've just got to paint the Naismith action figure, add the number on the back, and decide where the candles are going to go. They'd better not call it off now!

I could donate my wonder woman figurine which could easily be doctored to look like Billy Piper, if you could find a place for it.

Ok now first of I am delighted about recent events ( I will admitt after one or 2 many beveridges on Saturday night I did wonder if this was just a wind up )

I do wonder though are we operating under different financial times than Cathro as you could have never of imagined the past 2 signings coming in then !!

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was there tonight as well Mikey and yes Gary seemed extremely positive about him in many ways indeed. Wouldn't be surprised if their past footballing relationships helped in SN's decision to join us

Take it they hate him because he left after they went into admin and didn't want to play in the 3rd division

Unbelievable. Hope he rams it right up them when we play them

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Ok now first of I am delighted about recent events ( I will admitt after one to many beveridges on Saturday night I did wonder if this eas just a wind up )

I do wonder though are we operating under different financial times than Cathro as you coul havd never of imagined the past 2 signings coming in then !!

We're operating under a different signing model, that's for sure - not bringing in 9 players at a time.  Also, Tziolis was a great piece of business, just didn't have a clue what he was supposed to be doing, as with most of his team mates.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I could donate my wonder woman figurine which could easily be doctored to look like Billy Piper, if you could find a place for it.

I may have to push the Hitler figure off to the side a bit, but definitely. You're on!

In order to appease the Gods:

PANews%20BT_P-596736d8-be87-47d7-a023-87

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Naismith is already being written off by some Rangers fans as the 'player they never wanted in the first place' so he's no great loss to them it seems but reading between the lines he would have been one they could have accepted despite his past

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2018/01/steven-naismith-dont-believe-what-you.html

Twitter is full of the zombies never wanting him now. 

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We're operating under a different signing model, that's for sure - not bringing in 9 players at a time.  Also, Tziolis was a great piece of business, just didn't have a clue what he was supposed to be doing, as with most of his team mates.

fair point thanks

All made possible by everyone who contributes to the FOH if it comes off, please let it happen and well done to all who contribute.

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Can't wait for some BIG apologies tomorrow. 

Think you got most of the ramjets today Daza cant be many left hiding.

In my opinion Craig has asked Ann to back him on this financially and she has. She will have looked at the success of Berra who isn't coming cheap and trusted him.

Hats off to both them.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived