Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

33 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Burton signed some Norwegian bloke on loan from West Ham. I know you were all waiting on this news?

I've not seen him play Notts but heard he's decent. Few folk asking why him and Martinez aint in the first team when we were struggling.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of Anarchy
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Now that would make this one helluva transfer window, one real statement of intent.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't want him. Lives off one good season and a biased press that creamed over him that same season. Haven't followed his career since tbh so maybe wrong but has he gone on to do anything?

11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hear we may still be in for Scott Allan?

We should be going for Glen Kamara from Dundee 

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but just two years ago he was scoring hat-tricks against Chelsea! 

I never watch Reporting Scotland but I'm watching it tonight to compare how they report it.

The Cookie Monster had nothing at all negative to say about him on STV News. It was lovely, as always to see the suavest manager we've ever had Sir Paulo of Sergio joking about applying for a vacancy which didn't exist. He said something along the lines of "Craig is the manager so we support him now". Man love for that fella.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

BBC Scotland mourning the fact that the Hun have not got Naismith.

Grudgingly some slight praise but showing their true colours.

Wankers.

Why oh why does that not surprise me ? BBC Scotland couldn't run a bath far less a program with an impartial view on football matters in Scotland..?

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wankers.

Seems Jim White is tweeting that despite the news that SN is having medical with us tomorrow his beloved Rangers are still monitoring the situation.

Is White trouble making or is SN still swithering?

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Seems Jim White is tweeting that despite the news that SN is having medical with us tomorrow his beloved Rangers are still monitoring the situation.

Looking like @JamTarts favourites to sign @NorwichCityFC striker Steven Naismith on loan but former club @RangersFC still monitoring situation.

Son Of Anarchy
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Quick, tweet SN some bear's den quotes ;)

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Looking like @JamTarts favourites to sign @NorwichCityFC striker Steven Naismith on loan but former club @RangersFC still monitoring situation.

The directors want him apparently. I would imagine he has contacts in that boardroom. Alleged Murty n the dof dont want him 

Want a laugh read sky sports article on it. First of all have his age wrong and then claiming we pipped Rangers/Kilmarnock to his signing despite us being only Scottish team to make an offer

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Monitoring what, monitoring   if they can scrape so money together for Norwich.:laugh:  FTH.

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This has been in the back of my mind all day. 

They better not ducking gazump us. 

15 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I've not seen him play Notts but heard he's decent. Few folk asking why him and Martinez aint in the first team when we were struggling.

Cheers mate ?

We now have the great balance of our younger players,  and two great mature players still at the peak of their game . We are still a bit short midfield.

36 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Go back a few pages

Ah cheers. Shame.

My guess is it was Charlie Adam and it dependent on the new manager at Stoke not wanting to keep him.

28 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Said through gritted teeth by the bleach blonde streaked ponce.

Jonno hits another home run for descriptive language.

We went into this window hoping for a creator and a goal scorer, he could give us two for the price of one if this goes through tomorrow. The fact he has played with Lafferty before is a potentially huge bonus. Don't remember being this buzzed about a signing since, erm Berra signed. Gd times ahead hopefully.

22 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

We should be going for Glen Kamara from Dundee 

Kamara is a far better player than Allan would be great in our team. 

16 minutes ago, bazman said:

Want a laugh read sky sports article on it. First of all have his age wrong and then claiming we pipped Rangers/Kilmarnock to his signing despite us being only Scottish team to make an offer

It sounds more exciting like that, doesn't it. All three clubs neck and neck round the finishing curve, steam coming from the nostrils, hooves clattering on the turf, getting closer to that finishing line, the crowd going wild, folk anxiously biting their fingernails as the three teams race on, all in a line, but then just as they all approach the finish line, look!,Hearts is in front by not even a full head, by a mere nostril! I think Hearts are going to do it, oh my goodness, they're going to do it, they're going to pip Rangers and Kilmarnock!

Slevinkelevra
40 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I hear we may still be in for Scott Allan?

Its funny because i was speaking to a guy who works for dundee, and he had said exactly this, didnt post anything cos i took it as a wind up, may be something in it if other people are hearing it too...or maybe just the same rumour i heard and getting passed on. Checked wiki and seems like he is on a season long loan at dundee so cant see it. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

keith jackson @tedermeatballs 3m3 minutes ago

Hearts and Norwich preparing a joint statement to confirm Steven Naismith loan deal. Should be released by tomorrow at the latest.

Keith jackson is 7 days late with everything to do with football signings how this clown holds down a job as a journalist is mind boggling 

Bridge of Djoum
32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That reads like, ''that boy over there is about to pull a tidy bird, but I'm monitoring it'' 

ie, As soon as he goes for a slash I'm gonna drag her into the alley behind that dumpster.

Absolutely awful coverage of this across several sources. The sooner the media is moved away from Glasgow, the better. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, kimosavi said:

Keith jackson is 7 days late with everything to do with football signings how this clown holds down a job as a journalist is mind boggling 

He had an article this week which was saying that Michael O'Neill is a poor manager who Scotland should keep clear of. But the gist of it was a love letter to his pal Strachan.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Kimo, you on airport watch tomorrow?

Flight from Norwich just landed in Edinburgh. He could be on it ?

portobellojambo1
47 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Now that would make this one helluva transfer window, one real statement of intent.

The only thing I'd say Typhoon Jambo is that on the few occasions I've seen him playing for Dundee he hasn't really produced much to remember. There is a midfielder at Dundee, think he is of African descent, but I cannot remember his name, but I think he would be a much better signing for us if Dundee were willing to release him.

chester copperpot

Right, I am going to chuck my 2 pence worth in for all it's worth.

Naismiths agent was hooring him to Rangers from day dot. When I text my mate who is a coach at Rangers he txt me back with a message that basically said 'naw' Rangers are spending their cash on tieing Windass to a bigger contract (he didn't mention Cumdog but why should he?)

I pm'd notts to confirm. Always great when you can sit back and enjoy folk make a tool of themselves whilst you know it's going to happen.

:smug:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wankers.

:pleasing:

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The only thing I'd say Typhoon Jambo is that on the few occasions I've seen him playing for Dundee he hasn't really produced much to remember. There is a midfielder at Dundee, think he is of African descent, but I cannot remember his name, but I think he would be a much better signing for us if Dundee were willing to release him.

I don’t think there is much doubt that there is a player in there. Sometimes players fit in certain teams better than others. I certainly wouldn’t bust the bank.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Kamara. Agreed, his stats have been superb this year.

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

BBC Reporting Scotland. No sports news. Odd

Theyll be greeting like babies and inconsolable that he isn’t going to their beloved Sevco. Can you imagine the state of these roasters Willie Miller and Richard Gordon ??

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Kamara. Best opposition player I have seen us play this season, Parkhead aside.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Kamara. Agreed, his stats have been superb this year.

Cheers, that's the one (although I'd guess it doesn't look too great when you say a club has what you consider to be a better midfielder and then say you cannot remember his bloody name).

41 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Given the players they have brought in I cant see this as anymore than Jim at the wind up. That said I reckon Naismith would do a U-turn if on his way up the road he got a phone call.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Naismiths agent was hooring him to Rangers from day dot. When I text my mate who is a coach at Rangers he txt me back with a message that basically said 'naw' Rangers are spending their cash on tieing Windass to a bigger contract (he didn't mention Cumdog but why should he?)

I pm'd notts to confirm. Always great when you can sit back and enjoy folk make a tool of themselves whilst you know it's going to happen.

But we didn't expect it to happen on Friday its emerged.

Hope im not going to piss anyone off and god knows I love the thrill of the chase and crazy threads.

ITK goes as far as knowing who we are chasing but not who we are signing. Too many variables to guarantee it.

I suspect I know Dazs source works in a specific department.  Bit of a clue earlier. 

Keep the snippets. Grief on here is playground nonsense :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Anyway enough of this Naismith nonsense Burton Albion are about to announce a signing................................don't worry I'll keep you all posted.

Ha ha, my nieces man will be pleased!

4 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Given the players they have brought in I cant see this as anymore than Jim at the wind up. That said I reckon Naismith would do a U-turn if on his way up the road he got a phone call.

The players they’ve brought in only make limited sense unless they are planninv on offloading a few or are just going to cram players in out of position.

Was it Ian Black that was at hibs ground when he got a call to Tynecastle? 

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Its a bit of a moot point but amongst the madness of the past few years with nearly everyone on here moaning about players and signings - it had always made clear by the club that the signings initially after adminstration would be the best we could afford and possibly be riskier type signings and that money required to be put into the academy as it had become a shambles. We were also told that as we re-established ourselves and increased our income two things would happen - the quality of player we could sign would improve, and we'd start to see the benefit of the changes to the academy.

Whilst many many people lost their heads this is exactly what is unfolding.

That’s a load of shit to be fair.

We got it spectacularly wrong with many signings, not only on quality but the length of contracts too.

We’ve been giving sizeable wages on three year deals to a number of disaster cases.

We’re correcting things now but don’t gloss over the shambolic policy over the last few windows.

18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

This is all correct.

4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Ha ha, my nieces man will be pleased!

Some Norwegian from West Ham. I'm neither under or over whelmed.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Some Norwegian from West Ham. I'm neither under or over whelmed.

I'll let the family know, their boy has been a mascot and is Brewers crazy........nice to be ITK occasionally

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I never watch Reporting Scotland but I'm watching it tonight to compare how they report it.

The Cookie Monster had nothing at all negative to say about him on STV News. It was lovely, as always to see the suavest manager we've ever had Sir Paulo of Sergio joking about applying for a vacancy which didn't exist. He said something along the lines of "Craig is the manager so we support him now". Man love for that fella.

Can you post a link to this, mate?

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived