Jamie Walker joins Wigan (updated)

Beats

1 minute ago, Prof said:

I've often wondered about the morons who sit in the Wheatfield screaming abuse at Hearts players when they have an off game. Looks like they spend their time also posting drivel about potential signings

Not sure there’s a correlation between the guys who hate Isma and the posts on this thread about Temps to be honest.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Spencer

• It should have been ten

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

18 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Perhaps not him specifically, but we need quality.

The Celtic game was tremendous but it was a freak result.  I wouldn't be moderating our recruitment plans based on that performance in isolation 

I didn't say it was him specifically

Whether the Celtic result was a freak or not remains to be seen.

I didn't say we should modify our recruitment plans based on that performance in isolation.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Not sure there’s a correlation between the guys who hate Isma and the posts on this thread about Temps to be honest.

:laugh: probably.

Templeton would add to an area that needs strengthen. Not seen enough to know if he is at a level for the first team, or a back up? Pre contract would seem sensible, then see if Hamilton may accept £25/30k for deal to go through now!  If we are spending £200/300k it needs to be be for a player that is an absolute stand out! Templeton certainly isn't that especially when available for free on the summer.

Maybe Templeton is one of these players that loses interest once he has a long contract?

He wasn't injured the whole time at Ibrox was he?  I thought he was just dropped?

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Maybe Templeton is one of these players that loses interest once he has a long contract?

He wasn't injured the whole time at Ibrox was he?  I thought he was just dropped?

Think he had a few lifestyle issues, or so the rumours went. Looks a different player now though... or rather like his old self.

Elias Henry Furst
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Focus on a left back please. At all costs.

Disagree with this.

Our defence is solid and young Brandon or Smith have proven extremely capable at left back.

Focus on Midfield and Attack please. At all costs.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

He had an injury problem that nobody at Ibrox could solve. He only got it sorted out once he left them and has been more or less fully fit since then.

I would take him back in a minute.

Extract from an article about his problem. Doesn't say a lot for the medical/physio team at Ibrox.

“When I left Rangers we didn’t know what the problem was. I was without a club so didn’t really know where to turn or what to do.

“I spoke to Dave Baldwin and told him I was going to retire at 27. Thankfully he said that wasn’t 
happening – we’d find a cure.

“He eventually put me in touch with a surgeon in London who a few of his other players had used in the past. And sure enough he got to the bottom of it.

“I don’t know why the medical people I’d seen up here couldn’t sort it. But he put a camera into my knee and could see the issue. It was a tear of my medial ligament but the deep portion of it.

“If I’d got that during my previous operation they might have spotted it and things could have been different. We could have saved months of my career.

4 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Templeton is nowhere near the quality of the players mentioned. You either miss the point or are not very bright. 

Or you're too entrenched in your point to concede :thumbsup:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Or you're too entrenched in your point to concede :thumbsup:

What about my position is incorrect? 

2 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Disagree with this.

Our defence is solid and young Brandon or Smith have proven extremely capable at left back.

Focus on Midfield and Attack please. At all costs.

Can't disagree with what you say but I still think the imbalance affects the team.(left back).

We all know the script. You can take the ball quicker and more naturally on the side suited to the player. Thus the ball is played quicker and more efficiently.

Neither of the lads above use their left automatically. They always come inside whereas when you are natural to a side of the park you can go outside or inside and still be a threat going forward. 

Elias Henry Furst
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Can't disagree with what you say but I still think the imbalance affects the team.(left back).

We all know the script. You can take the ball quicker and more naturally on the side suited to the player. Thus the ball is played quicker and more efficiently.

Neither of the lads above use their left automatically. They always come inside whereas when you are natural to a side of the park you can go outside or inside and still be a threat going forward. 

Of course the balance of the team is affected when we play without a natural left back in the side.

That said, my reply was to the poster who appeared to suggest that sorting the left back position was the most critical.

I disagree with that viewpoint 100%. It’d be nice to sign a left back and the balance of the side would indeed be better but I can think of 3 positions I’d rather we strengthened in first.

Watt-Zeefuik

Brandon has filled in admirably but he's an inexperienced right back playing at left back and we've generally had to shift the formation to provide cover for him.  A more solid left back who could give us more stability there and a bit more forward initiative could help us solve our scoring problem by getting the ball to the forwards.

• redm changed the title to Jamie Walker joins Wigan for £300k (updated)

Love how blasé the club have been about his departure. Short and sweet statement. Will be forgotten about very quickly. He turned out to be a massive disappointment and I would predict won't make any impression in English football given the physicality and his proneness to injury and lack of legs.

Aye good luck and thanks for some great moments. Hopefully we’ll see you at halftime in th not to distant future. 

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Love how blasé the club have been about his departure. Short and sweet statement. Will be forgotten about very quickly. He turned out to be a massive disappointment and I would predict won't make any impression in English football given the physicality and his proneness to injury and lack of legs.

In that case I hope he gets his dream move to Sevco soon

Just now, Barack said:

Undisclosed fee? Where did the £300k get confirmed from, out of “can’t be arsed skimming 21 pages” curiosity? 

Its been roundly quoted by Wigan and Hearts fans and the media i think

up until about a year ago I'd be gutted at this news

second half of last season Jamie played like he wasn't trying and first half of this season he's been plagued by injuries

Good luck to the guy but we'll be fine

Glad that whole sorry episode is now over. Ritchie, Webster and Walker. How not to go about leaving a club.

So that should also be the end of that Hun ***** Houldesworth at HMFC too presumably?

6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

They can be as blase as they like but the fact is the club needs to concentrate on recruiting players better than Walker and others who have left in recent seasons.  This is something they have failed miserably in doing and the recruitment has been a catastrophe.  He will only be forgotten if we get better in.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

So, only Hearts actually know? Not making an issue about it, just curious.

200-300k, is more than enough to end the saga. Take it now & invest.

No official confirmation of the fee as far as i can see. 

2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

They can be as blase as they like but the fact is the club needs to concentrate on recruiting players better than Walker and others who have left in recent seasons.  This is something they have failed miserably in doing and the recruitment has been a catastrophe.  He will only be forgotten if we get better in.

Is Watt available?

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, only Hearts actually know? Not making an issue about it, just curious.

200-300k, is more than enough to end the saga. Take it now & invest.

Wigan must know. Surely. :P

Thought Police
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Won't get much abuse from the crowd if he doesn't try.bk8xx.jpg.473dc0c0c11c37ec1ade2d8c910a3d68.jpg

See, this is what really grates me about English football. Joke that players see a move to these diddy clubs as a “step up” just cause they’ll get a big extra money. Unless he moves to Rangers in the next 18 months, he’ll never play for a crowd like Hearts have again.

16 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Good luck to him,cannot see him lasting down there,more running, more physical,will have to improve somewhat.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

See, this is what really grates me about English football. Joke that players see a move to these diddy clubs as a “step up” just cause they’ll get a big extra money. Unless he moves to Rangers in the next 18 months, he’ll never play for a crowd like Hearts have again.

Wigan aren't even the biggest sports club in Wigan, which is only known for the road to Wigan Pier. 

It should have been ten

Delighted at this news. Goodbye and good riddance!

:HeartsMandance:

Edited by It should have been ten

So Make Some Noise..

Delighted. On his day a decent baller, just didnt fancy making it 'his day' often enough.

Kid with a honking attitude that I can only see playing for the likes of Hamilton / ICT in around 18 months time..

letsalldothebeattie

Wish him all the best. Despite his indifferent performances over the past 12 months or so it is sad to see him go. He has been a great servant to he club and does deserve his move down south. I hope he makes a real success of it and achieves some good success down there. And to me anyway will always be welcome back at Tynecastle any day 

Thanks Jamie

Mixed feelings about this one to be fair. Walker was one player who in recent seasons could get me off my seat. On the other hand for a self-confessed fan to treat his boyhood heroes and its fans as he has done is beyond the pale and frankly unforgivable. No mention of a sell-on clause either. If he returns for a half-time interview I for one will not be applauding.

Bazzas right boot

Seems a shame he went so quietly.

13 years at the club....... 

good luck young lad.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:44, ramrod said:

Or Fourthly we don't bother signing him at all and look for better .

Agree that

• davemclaren locked this topic