Walker to Wigan?

Finlay James

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst
8 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Snag is, he's got to agree to go. Even with a big wage hike, I'm not sure I'd want to live in Wigan. It's not a bad place but hardly the centre of things.

20 miles to both Liverpool and Manchester and a 3 hour drive back to see family in Edinburgh?

For a guy who apparently doesn’t want to move too far from home (but won’t sign a deal at Hearts) it seems to be an ideal move.

Or maybe he’s just hungry for the Hun length afterall?

24 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

20 miles to both Liverpool and Manchester and a 3 hour drive back to see family in Edinburgh?

For a guy who apparently doesn’t want to move too far from home (but won’t sign a deal at Hearts) it seems to be an ideal move.

Or maybe he’s just hungry for the Hun length afterall?

Lots of wealthy footballers live in Lancashire or Cheshire so that won’t be an issue. 

I’d be happy to take the cash.

Controversial point but we wouldn’t have had the same intensity of performance last Sunday with him in the team...

I think, go for it Walker, go there, you will do ok at that level and might even do better later.

54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's a calamity that we should be in this position in the first place. The guy can't even get a regular start for the bottom team in the league and we give him a 3+ year deal and we are talking about paying out money to get rid.

Hopefully those days are long gone now and we start making decent signings now.

Sometime soon Davy you'll start to live in the present.

WITH HINDSIGHT Sammon was a mistake and all managers make them.  Let it lie.

This is about Walker!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, davieholt said:

Snag is, he's got to agree to go. Even with a big wage hike, I'm not sure I'd want to live in Wigan. It's not a bad place but hardly the centre of things.

There's a lot of pleasant footballer-friendly places to live within easy reach of Wigan.  (For example, Kenny Dalglish lives in Southport, less than a half hour's drive away). can't imagine that this would be a sticking point.

3 hours ago, davieholt said:

Totally true.

problem for him, nobody might want him in the summer or has Paterson injury. Then he will be screwed. 

Dangerous game running down a contract 

8 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

I'm gonna go all out here and predict that Jamie's career goes downhill from here. I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he has the pace or application to make it the Championship (assuming Wigan get promoted) and will only be a matter of time before he needs to come back up to be close to his hun pals.

If Barrie Mackay can do well in the championship theres no reason Walker can’t. He was the better player of the two up here.

On 22 December 2017 at 19:31, Ryder said:

To each their own my friend. Absolutely. How many times a year do you reckon the first photo will have that lovely blue sky and sunshine though?

The second one however? Oh, my. :wub:

True that Ryder.  I would take the second one too.  Plenty of places in Edinburgh and Lothians with a similar view of pic one though.  

All he needs to do is fail. 

>Move down south, get a cushty 3 year contract.

>They find out he's tom kite.

>severance

>Comes back up to Scotland January 2019 with a fat paycheck

Thats how Scottish transfers work down south right?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

>severance

Tom Kite?  Have a word.

Wigan look odds on for promotion so it does not look as bad a move for him as first thought.

Take the 300k and see what we can do with it.  Wish the lad all the best though.

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

>severance

Is that based on Jamie's ability or just Scottish transfers?

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Because he's been really good this season right?

He's been one of our best players over the last 3/4 years anyone doubting how much he brings to the team doesn't know about football

7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

He's been one of our best players over the last 3/4 years anyone doubting how much he brings to the team doesn't know about football

Its a results driven industry and he's not been performing this season at all. 

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its a results driven industry and he's not been performing this season at all. 

Of course it's a results driven industry.the whole teams under performed up until the last 4 games.why would that be one players fault?

Elias Henry Furst

A likely starter on Wednesday now.

Time for him to finally put in a shift in a derby instead of blaming others in the team through the media.

His performances in the derbies of the last few years have been disgusting.

17 minutes ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

Thought he made a big deal of saluting the fans at the end. A valedictory wave? 

Surely if it's a farewell  wave he's entitled make a big deal of it after the service he's given to the club?

36 minutes ago, OTT said:

Because he's been really good this season right?

Your username is very apt.  So one season with the injuries he has had and the unsettling interest from Rangers makes him gash?  I repeat, have a word with yourself.  Use your energy in supporting the team rather than hating on our players.  Fan Dan.

11 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Surely if it's a farewell  wave he's entitled make a big deal of it after the service he's given to the club?

Agreed - although I would love him to sign off on Wednesday with a hat trick!

18 minutes ago, Walks2 said:

Your username is very apt.  So one season with the injuries he has had and the unsettling interest from Rangers makes him gash?  I repeat, have a word with yourself.  Use your energy in supporting the team rather than hating on our players.  Fan Dan.

:D You're about 6 years late with the OTT joke. 

Him and his weasel agent triggered the unsettling interest you 'fan dan'.  This whole situation is his own making. Verbally agrees to contract extension then suddenly backtracks.. wonder why? He had the chance to conduct his exit with a bit of decorum but chose the circus route. I can't wait for him to go.

Kenny Mclean has been subject to the exact same tapping up and media games but instead of downing tools hes kept his head down and remained an integral part of the dons team. Injuries happen to players all the time but lets not pretend he was our MVP before hand. He's been awol since we pumped the huns 4-1 under Cathro and contributed **** all this season. 

Personally find it hard to support players that make a mockery of the club and shit on the fans as they desperately try and climb on the sevco gravy train. 

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Him and his weasel agent triggered the unsettling interest you 'fan dan'.  This whole situation is his own making. Verbally agrees to contract extension then suddenly backtracks.. wonder why? He had the chance to conduct his exit with a bit of decorum but chose the circus route. I can't wait for him to go.

Kenny Mclean has been subject to the exact same tapping up and media games but instead of downing tools hes kept his head down and remained an integral part of the dons team. Injuries happen to players all the time but lets not pretend he was our MVP before hand. He's been awol since we pumped the huns 4-1 under Cathro and contributed **** all this season. 

Personally find it hard to support players that make a mockery of the club and shit on the fans as they desperately try and climb on the sevco gravy train. 

Anger management.  You should try it.

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

And another thing, players move on to different clubs sometimes to better themselves and their families.  If you worked for McDonalds on 4 quid an hour and were offered 8 quid to move to Burger King would you stay loyal to McDonalds?  

There are many better players to have left Hearts than Jamie Walker.  Wether you like it or not this is a job for these guys with a relatively short window to make money.  If he wants to leave then fair doo's in my opinion.  Personally I would like him to stay because I think he has a better chance to fulfill his potential with us rather than Sevco or Wigan.

Goldstone Wonder
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Absolutely. 

5 hours ago, OTT said:

I think both parties are at the end of the line with Walker. Raith away in Championship midweek sticks out for me. Great that night but nowhere near enough since

Not one good performance this season imo

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, Spencer said:

I think both parties are at the end of the line with Walker. Raith away in Championship midweek sticks out for me. Great that night but nowhere near enough since

Not one good performance this season imo

Official Man of the match against Newcastle and Rangers are two I can think of offhand. He’s been muc( less effective this year though, that’s true.

Thought he played very well in the short time he was on yesterday - let’s hope he can do that against Hibs to more effect on Wednesday

12 hours ago, Walks2 said:

Anger management.  You should try it.

Not surprisin but I agree with OTT. 

I find it worrying that some fans have accepted his behaviour in all honesty. Can only hope that when the FoH get in charge, we have the right people with a backbone strong enough to have a zero tolerance on this behaviour. 

There is also zero chance is be starting Walker against Hibs. We need effort and application in these games. The snake brings neither.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I find it worrying that some fans have accepted his behaviour in all honesty. Can only hope that when the FoH get in charge, we have the right people with a backbone strong enough to have a zero tolerance on this behaviour. 

There is also zero chance is be starting Walker against Hibs. We need effort and application in these games. The snake brings neither.

Cleary he brings enough effort and application  in our managers eyes as he gets a start when fit

24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He worked hard at Easter Road but was a victim of the midfield shambles that night. 

Archived