Walker to Wigan?

Finlay James

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
part_time_jambo
Just now, Son Of Anarchy said:

Thats already been pointed out Einstein :thumbsup:

Thanks for saving me the bother of reading all the posts. I can go an wrap my Christmas presents now, secure in the knowledge that i won't miss anything important.

Son Of Anarchy
Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Thanks for saving me the bother of reading all the posts. I can go an wrap my Christmas presents now, secure in the knowledge that i won't miss anything important.

Good man. I'll pm you if anything exciting happens ;)

Just now, Ugly American said:

He's got a bairn now. Maybe he's ready to focus on football and home and not much else?

I think most of all he just wants to see what life is like beyond Tynecastle. I don't know him or his cousin or his doppleganger in the Rangers scarf or his grade school teacher but he strikes me as the kind of player who'd try his hand in England for a while and in a few years come back to Hearts.

Don’t think you are too far off the mark. I’d definitely see him as more comfortable in Wigan than Seville... to each their own:

D8B72710-A20D-4928-AB9B-813AA8E2B0FE.jpeg

7B04134B-1E5C-4E5C-8ED6-A8EC5B8C736F.jpeg

rudi must stay
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

A clanger? As in not taking money int he summer? 

They could get him for nothing. But we shouldn't complain

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nah, keep him for the rest of the season and get the development fee in the summer.

He’s too old us to be eligible for a development fee, would rather get a bit of money now.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He’s too old us to be eligible for a development fee, would rather get a bit of money now.

Nah, 400 big ones mate. Guaranteed Dev fee.

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nah, 400 big ones mate. Guaranteed Dev fee.

100% no development fee, don’t know what makes you think otherwise 

Would be a brilliant deal for Hearts at this stage. I would sell him to Rangers for that fee never mind Wigan however we know they are hardly likely to stump up the cash!  If he's the standard Rangers are continuing to look at in January or the summer then excellent news, it means run well we should be competing with them for the forseeable. He's proven to be an extremely average contributor at SPL level.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

It’s a running joke, mate.

Riddley’s such a wee scamp.

Development fee will pay for filling in the corners and signing Zap Knight, I heard from a guy in Peebles...

Riddley Walker
38 minutes ago, Barack said:

It’s a running joke, mate.

Riddley’s such a wee scamp.

No idea what makes you think I'm the type of person to wind up fellow Jambos,  Bazza.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

They could get him for nothing. But we shouldn't complain

Agreed. Was a choice between alleged part payments and maybe getting a lot out of him between August and January. So was worth the risk before if were getting offered 300k in full now then if hes willing to go its a no brainer I think. Its a difficult one going to rangers aswell now. Murty til summer then who knows and he might or might not be in the new managers plans. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'll wade in with my usual Walker comments.

See ya snake. Accept this and get rid of this poison from our club.

I'm sure Indy was nicer in the films, you'd boot Short Round up the hoop for his grammar

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Would be a brilliant deal for Hearts at this stage. I would sell him to Rangers for that fee never mind Wigan however we know they are hardly likely to stump up the cash!  If he's the standard Rangers are continuing to look at in January or the summer then excellent news, it means run well we should be competing with them for the forseeable. He's proven to be an extremely average contributor at SPL level.

Its more room in the team for the better youngsters 

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure Indy was nicer in the films, you'd boot Short Round up the hoop for his grammar

Short Round was honest and above most, a loyal kid.

Cannot say the same for the snake Walker. 

On a serious note. I actually despise the guy. Get him shipped. 

Wigan will be a Championship side next season no doubt, so this would be a cracking move for his career. If he goes on to fulfil his potential down there, he could earn himself a lot more money than he would at Sevco and possibly caps for his Country. 

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Don’t think you are too far off the mark. I’d definitely see him as more comfortable in Wigan than Seville... to each their own:

D8B72710-A20D-4928-AB9B-813AA8E2B0FE.jpeg

7B04134B-1E5C-4E5C-8ED6-A8EC5B8C736F.jpeg

To be fair,  both those photos look quite attractive.  Nothing wrong with a cheeky view of the canal like.

21 minutes ago, Walks2 said:

To be fair,  both those photos look quite attractive.  Nothing wrong with a cheeky view of the canal like.

To each their own my friend. Absolutely. How many times a year do you reckon the first photo will have that lovely blue sky and sunshine though?

The second one however? Oh, my. :wub:

Captain Canada

His performances in 2017 have, with a few exceptions, been woeful. 

Why anyone would pay £300k for him is beyond me. We should take it and put it towards Milinkovic or Cadden. 

37 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Why anyone would pay £300k for him is beyond me. We should take it and put it towards Milinkovic or Cadden. 

Correct.

Going by his performances and injuries this year £300,000 is great money.

Dick Turpin spring's to mind.

aye he's maybe on a dip with us but people saying he's shite need a good look at themselves.  If goes down there he will do well. 

Maroonblood22

I'm gonna go all out here and predict that Jamie's career goes downhill from here. I've seen nothing from him this season to suggest he has the pace or application to make it the Championship (assuming Wigan get promoted) and will only be a matter of time before he needs to come back up to be close to his hun pals.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Arshavin said:

aye he's maybe on a dip with us but people saying he's shite need a good look at themselves.  If goes down there he will do well. 

....or be found out :rolleyes:

Captain Bubblebeard

I wanted us to cash in on Jamie a couple of years ago. My logic then was that he needed to get a fresh start to see if he could really kick on to the next level - if so, happy days; he progresses his career and we would, back then, have got a decent wedge of compensation. My suspicion though was that he is the sort of player that fits here and may not go much further than being a v good player at our level, and that if any move did fail, he’d be a likely candidate to return here at the end of his contract/on loan/for a nominal fee - if so, again, happy days - decent cash and good chance of good player back sooner rather than later.

My opinion hasn’t really changed bar the fact that the cash we’ll get now is nowhere near as decent as we’d have got previously (and yes, I realise that an offer would’ve been needed to execute my Plan A, which perhaps wasn’t forthcoming).

13 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Bit irrelevant what they bid as i doubt he will leave . Pretty certain he will wait till the summer. Looks like we are getting shafted on this one I'm afraid . 

Are we remembering he’d have to want to go there!?

I’d personally prefer him to sign a 2 year deal with us but i guess that’s doubtful.

Otherwise anything approaching 500k from a non-rival seems a good deal. Cards aint in our hands though.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Are we remembering he’d have to want to go there!?

I’d personally prefer him to sign a 2 year deal with us but i guess that’s doubtful.

Otherwise anything approaching 500k from a non-rival seems a good deal. Cards aint in our hands though.

Correct. Can’t imagine his missus, will want to up sticks to Wigan with the new bairn.

17 hours ago, Ryder said:

Nah, not having that, sorry. Playing beside a player the quality of Tsziolis held Walker back, aye? 

Having to share a dressing room with a player that even the management were calling “the Greek millionaire” probably didn’t help. 

14 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Take the 300k and use it to try and buy Lewis Morgan from St. Morten.

Am i missing something thought Morgan was away to Celtic?

19 hours ago, Ryder said:

I’d bite their hand off for that too. As long as it isn’t in instalments. 

I'm one of those that would happily lose him to Wigan for £300k 

However had the thread been about Rangers offering £500k, I'd tell them to stick it.

I'm just bitter that way

24 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Correct. Can’t imagine his missus, will want to up sticks to Wigan with the new bairn.

Is the bairn not about 5 now ?...I recall JW with child at the championship winning walk about..

if he doesn’t go to Wigan next month and waits till summer for Sevco, then I expect him to sit on his backside for the next six months kicking his heels, one thing the last few games have shown is Hearts will get by just fine without Jamie Walker.

18 hours ago, Ryder said:

Nah, not having that, sorry. Playing beside a player the quality of Tsziolis held Walker back, aye? 

The Greek was a good footballer but he didn't give a **** the majority of the time he was on the pitch. 

£300k for a player that only turns up one every 10 games or so. Deal

Especially since he can walk for £0 in 6 months.

Then use part of that money to finally cut all ties with Connor Sammon.

Absolute no brainier. Take it and run.

we would be lucky to get 300k considering what he has done this calander year.

should try to get a sell on clause on the deal. In the event he does ok there, we could land some wonga.

good luck when he goes, don't fault anyone looking to increase their salary

Brauhauser2012
17 minutes ago, mir00005 said:

Agreed. We need to capitalise if we can. We can't afford to throw away £300K.

A real tester for Jamie now. Does he go south or does he sit it out and go to the Zombies in the summer.  That's if they are still around.

8 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

Absolute no brainier. Take it and run.

we would be lucky to get 300k considering what he has done this calander year.

should try to get a sell on clause on the deal. In the event he does ok there, we could land some wonga.

good luck when he goes, don't fault anyone looking to increase their salary

Snag is, he's got to agree to go. Even with a big wage hike, I'm not sure I'd want to live in Wigan. It's not a bad place but hardly the centre of things.

30 minutes ago, mir00005 said:

It's a calamity that we should be in this position in the first place. The guy can't even get a regular start for the bottom team in the league and we give him a 3+ year deal and we are talking about paying out money to get rid.

Hopefully those days are long gone now and we start making decent signings now.

Blackie the Cat
7 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Snag is, he's got to agree to go. Even with a big wage hike, I'm not sure I'd want to live in Wigan. It's not a bad place but hardly the centre of things.

I’m pretty sure Eric Cantona lived in Wigan....

Archived