Walker to Wigan?

Finlay James

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Do it. If we can include a sell-on clause then even better. Not selling him to Rangers is worth an extra 100,000 in my eyes.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allowayjambo1874
16 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Rangers often make ‘board signings’, doesn’t matter if they have a manager. Although it’s something that is only ever pointed out at Hearts.

Believe Kenny Miller’s year long extension was done by the board last season as he is tight with Dave King. 

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Does his absolute ***** of an agent represent anyone else at our club just now?

Is the Agent really the issue here? 

Walker better be careful with his next move. He really doesn't look like a player on an upward trajectory.  I just can't see him at Rangers. His inability to go past bog standard lower SPL players make you question what impact he would have on English football 

If he goes to Wigan he will be up the road at Kilmarnock or Motherwell within 18 months 

Son Of Anarchy

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I'd say ban the **** from the club but not sure freedom of trade etc would allow it so I'd boot him in the nutsack and advise any of the youths thinking about being represented by this reptile to not only think twice but thrice and just don't do it.

Can't help but wonder "what if?" with Walker. What if he'd no injury problems? What if his head wasn't turned? What if he'd stayed and became a legend?  

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

No a midfielder. We are looking along the M8 for a left back.

Callum Booth? :sob:

Second thoughts. 300,000 ain't  a lot really. He could make the difference to getting a couple of places higher up the league. Would tell them to come back with 450,000. But settle for 400,000.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Walker better be careful with his next move. He really doesn't look like a player on an upward trajectory.  I just can't see him at Rangers. His inability to go past bog standard lower SPL players make you question what impact he would have on English football 

If he goes to Wigan he will be up the road at Kilmarnock or Motherwell within 18 months 

His agent is a Sevco loving ******* who's spent quite a bit of time trying to get hearts talent to ibrox.. We should minimise business with him wherever possible

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Second thoughts. 300,000 ain't  a lot really. He could make the difference to getting a couple of places higher up the league. Would tell them to come back with 450,000. But settle for 400,000.

considering he has had about 5 good games in almost an entire year now,  i would take the £300.000 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I assume it is 300k plus 400k dev fee?700k in total?

You don't get a development fee when you get a transfer fee, like us for Souttar. 

Walker is too old anyway

Absolute Scenes

Newbie here, sorry if I'm stepping on toes!

Wouldn't get a dev fee, only up to age 23 I believe. I agree we should be using this money for wee davie

19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Take the money, move him on. Use it to get Milinkovic tied to Hearts on a permanent deal.

Very much this if Skinny continues in the same vein.     Could be a flash in the pan but I suspect not.    He could be the real deal.

Son Of Anarchy
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Newbie here, sorry if I'm stepping on toes!

Wouldn't get a dev fee, only up to age 23 I believe. I agree we should be using this money for wee davie

He knows about dev fee. Forum joke. Give an answer 40000 times and somebody will still ask the question.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Unfortunately he has other players (mostly young I think) on his books and has done a miserable job for at least one of them.

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

No a midfielder. We are looking along the M8 for a left back.

In this window? Any other info you can give us?

Fantastic deal for us but he's surely not going to move his family down to the depressing toilet that is Wigan. If that's the best his agent can do for him I'd be binning the agent.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I agree with this. I'm surprised about the amount of folk going on about a sell on fee. Take the 300 grand and get rid.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Fantastic deal for us but he's surely not going to move his family down to the depressing toilet that is Wigan. If that's the best his agent can do for him I'd be binning the agent.

Some nice places nearby

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Unfortunately he has other players (mostly young I think) on his books and has done a miserable job for at least one of them.

Current young player? Or Jason Holt?

59 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'd like us to get Lee Wallace back as LB.

I'd rather we got someone a bit younger for the future. Also he is half way through rehab and wouldn't be match fit till mid February at the earliest.

Son Of Anarchy
19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Makes my blood boil. Parasitic sevconian ****

I’ve heard it all now.

Walker can’t go past bog standard SPL players???

Please, don’t let your bitterness cloud what you see on a Saturday. Ffs....lol

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve heard it all now.

Walker can’t go past bog standard SPL players???

Please, don’t let your bitterness cloud what you see on a Saturday. Ffs....lol

Yip. That, imo of course, is where he is at. Walker hasn't played in wide areas for quite some time. He just has no legs. I'm amazed there is interest from England tbh 

Whilst tactics employed and executed absolutely superbly on Sunday were specific to opponents, could you have seen JW contribute meaningfully to that performance last week?

I have always believed that JW is talented. But his physical condition and chronic lack of pace / gears will hinder him greatly 

All just my opinion of course. He could be about to make a very bad career move 

Unfortunately I don't see JW being someone who will play well into his 30's. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do.  Time has come to part ways for all parties

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Yip. That, imo of course, is where he is at. Walker hasn't played in wide areas for quite some time. He just has no legs. I'm amazed there is interest from England tbh 

Whilst tactics employed and executed absolutely superbly on Sunday were specific to opponents, could you have seen JW contribute meaningfully to that performance last week?

I have always believed that JW is talented. But his physical condition and chronic lack of pace / gears will hinder him greatly 

All just my opinion of course. He could be about to make a very bad career move 

Unfortunately I don't see JW being someone who will play well into his 30's. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do.  Time has come to part ways for all parties

Amazed theres interest from England? ****ing bore off eh.

It is your opinion but your opinions are dog shit so....

No brainer, sell.  He hasn't really contributed much other than the goal versus Hamilton this season. And has spent it on and off the treatment table.

Whether he wants to move to Wigan is another thing though, I suspect he is holding out for the move to Rangers.

Mr Brightside
3 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Well we’re ****in stupid then.

He is worth more to us than £300k, the difference in prize money for each league position is £250k.

Would sell for £500k plus a selling fee.

Son Of Anarchy
2 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

:lol: stop sitting on the fence and say it like it is eh?

Just now, Mr Brightside said:

He is worth more to us than £300k, the difference in prize money for each league position is £250k.

He could sign a pre contract and we get sod all come the summer.  I would bite Wigan's hands off for £300k if Walker goes with it.  He has barely contributed this season.

However, if Walker goes down the pre contract route with Sevco I wouldn't play him again.

4 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Well we’re ****in stupid then.

never forget the stroke used with Webster,think irwas Wigan was the vehicle used that time.

maroonnicky63

I think it would be a good move for both sides but unlike many on here I wish Jamie all the best as he has had a lot of negative press with no fault of his own on many of the unfortunate occasions , bad advice I have no doubt but I am sure he will thrive in England so again I say good luck young man go and show the doubters how good you really are.

Don't lets kid ourselves he is a very good player and will do well where ever he goes

Elias Henry Furst
13 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

:laugh:

So would I mate, so would I.

Unfortunately, back in the real world, the best we got offered was 700k in instalments last summer.

He’s barely set the heather alight since and has been injured for lengthy periods also.

We ain’t getting 500k + in January.

God like creature

For £300K and a sell on clause,I would let him go to Wigan ,

it moght just kick-start his career .

That money could be well utilised buy our management team,

to buy Cadden for example .

Elias Henry Furst
2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

never forget the stroke used with Webster,think irwas Wigan was the vehicle used that time.

:facepalm:

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, God like creature said:

For £300K and a sell on clause,I would let him go to Wigan ,

it moght just kick-start his career .

That money could be well utilised buy our management team,

to buy Cadden for example .

I think its too late for Jamie to play at a higher level. Seems to lack desire and fight needed to step up.

the fact he favours an easy move along the m8 shows his lack of ambition.

35 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

?

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Max Power, or GTF.

He’s a well known name in football. 

Just ask Jeff Stelling...

Would be a great signing imo.

21B45D5A-AFD9-401E-AC0B-DF09911A819E.gif

33 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

The prize money is not a straight forward £250k per place...Celtic will get £800k more than 2nd place. Then it is £285k for 2nd compared to 3rd, £211k for 3rd over 4th, then there is only £100k in it per place down to 6th. Bottom six is only £50k per place.

Not figures to be sniffed at but talk of £300k being worth less than a better league position isn't entirely straight forward.

crichiejambos
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Bye. Enjoy scratching around down there, Jamie.

And it will be scratching about ever been to Wigan? It's grim and football comes second to rugby league...

Mr Brightside
6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The prize money is not a straight forward £250k per place...Celtic will get £800k more than 2nd place. Then it is £285k for 2nd compared to 3rd, £211k for 3rd over 4th, then there is only £100k in it per place down to 6th. Bottom six is only £50k per place.

Not figures to be sniffed at but talk of £300k being worth less than a better league position isn't entirely straight forward.

Thanks for that, I must have picked that up wrong. In that case the £300k is more appealing if it can be reinvested into the team.

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Interestingly, I wonder how this thread would have panned out if the title had been "Walker to Rangers for £300k"?

I’d bite their hand off for that too. As long as it isn’t in instalments. 

Archived