Walker to Wigan?

Finlay James

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

:facepalm:

Face palm eh.My aren't we trusting past experience not matter same two clubs again

Just now, Ryder said:

I’d bite their hand off for that too. As long as it isn’t in instalments. 

knowing that crowd of charlatans they'd want to pay a tenner a week.

39 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think it would be a good move for both sides but unlike many on here I wish Jamie all the best as he has had a lot of negative press with no fault of his own on many of the unfortunate occasions , bad advice I have no doubt but I am sure he will thrive in England so again I say good luck young man go and show the doubters how good you really are.

Don't lets kid ourselves he is a very good player and will do well where ever he goes

Do you think there is any chance of him changing his mind and signing a new contract at Hearts ?

The reason I ask is that people have said that Jamie's lapse in form was because he was being expected to carry the team. With our young players starting to force their way into the team and things generally beginning to look positive again a fit and positive minded Jamie Walker could be the start of an exciting era at Tynecastle. 

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Cash wise it's fine. We are trying to get a player to come the other way.

Is Will grigg still at Wigan?!

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

knowing that crowd of charlatans they'd want to pay a tenner a week.

Exactly. Scumbags.

maroonnicky63
Just now, luckydug said:

Do you think there is any chance of him changing his mind and signing a new contract at Hearts ?

The reason I ask is that people have said that Jamie's lapse in form was because he was being expected to carry the team. With our young players starting to force their way into the team and things generally beginning to look positive again a fit and positive minded Jamie Walker could be the start of an exciting era at Tynecastle. 

Good points TBF and I would love him to sign again but I don't think he will but here's hoping but as I say no gripes from me he always tried his best and before anyone comes in yes I know he didn't always play well but who does. cheers

Elias Henry Furst
3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Face palm eh.My aren't we trusting past experience not matter same two clubs again

Why would Rangers need Wigan to stump up 300k in January only to sign for Rangers in the Summer?

Jamie Walker wants to sign for Rangers and would sign a pre contract with them today if they offered him one.

Your logic of it being dodgy because it’s Wigan is ridiculous.

Read page 1 and 4 only

My take is to accept the deal, but the decision lies entirely with Jamie.

If he has no interest in going, that is it.

I think he will hold out for Sevco. At worst, he then has Summer to find another club if it doesn't materialize.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Rangers can sign him on a pre contract NOW.

What part of that are people struggling with?

You're taking this far too seriously. 

Elias Henry Furst
Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

You're taking this far too seriously. 

Says he who changed his username on a fans forum to try and get one over another poster.

3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Thanks for that, I must have picked that up wrong. In that case the £300k is more appealing if it can be reinvested into the team.

It is a difficult call really...say for example it was felt that Jamie could be the difference between 3rd and 5th/6th then it presents a challenge. You also need to factor in how much qualifying for Europe, etc. would add to the pot. (extra match receipts the following season)...

I would hate to be a Finance Director for a football club. Too many unknowns...

We could also keep him and he gets injured...if money was on the table....I would take it...

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Amazed theres interest from England? ****ing bore off eh.

It is your opinion but your opinions are dog shit so....

My new favorite poster.

Gaun yersel Bobby, lad!

1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Why would Rangers need Wigan to stump up 300k in January only to sign for Rangers in the Summer?

Jamie Walker wants to sign for Rangers and would sign a pre contract with them today if they offered him one.

Your logic of it being dodgy because it’s Wigan is ridiculous.

Like I said Trusting.Iwould chase the ***** and if think it is not a move then more fool you.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Says he who changed his username on a fans forum to try and get one over another poster.

Oooohh, someone is determined to start a fight today.

Sup, tough guy? Someone piss on your chips?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Yes, Scored two last week

Get him signed! Tongue in cheek...will never happen! 

4 hours ago, andrew said:

I really hope it's not Noel Hunt...

Tried to sign him last January... know that as a fact

Elias Henry Furst
Just now, sairyinthat said:

Like I said Trusting.Iwould chase the ***** and if think it is not a move then more fool you.

Why not answer my question?

Why would Rangers need Wigan to offer 300k for Walker when they can sign him on a pre contract agreement today?

Clubs have hardly been battering our door down to sign him and we all know who he’d like to sign for.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I See, thanks !

How to show myself up in my first post

:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Get yourself on the stadium thread and ask when the corners are getting filled in.

Then start a thread asking what time the pubs open before the derby cup game.

Just now, Elias Henry Furst said:

Why would Rangers need Wigan to offer 300k for Walker when they can sign him on a pre contract agreement today?

Clubs have hardly been battering our door down to sign him and we all know who he’d like to sign for.

For the same reason they got Webster for a few weeks it's Rangers and they know our terms.It's called circumversion I wonder how much they made from the Webster stroke.Need I go chapter and verse?

If he wants to go down South, he goes with my best wishes. He gets to compete at a higher level and hopefully challenge himself to better the player he was last season. I really hope he takes the move because he could really improve elsewhere. Like others, I'd have loved to see him play his entire career at Hearts and become a true 'legend' however that evidently is not to be. 

The huns need to be challenging Celtic and Jamie Walker based on this season isn't going to take them anywhere near to achieving that. I'd be surprised if the huns signed him. As others have said, too inconsistent, too slow and now it seems too injury prone. 

If he goes down South he gets a fresh start and a blank slate with no ill will from anyone and it leaves the door open for a return later in his career.

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

For the same reason they got Webster for a few weeks it's Rangers and they know our terms.It's called circumversion I wonder how much they made from the Webster stroke.Need I go chapter and verse?

I think you need to read up on the circumstances surrounding Andy Webster wishing to leave Hearts.

The 2 situations are completely different.

If Jamie Walker signs for Wigan next month he won’t be then signing for Rangers in the Summer.

Stop looking for something that isn’t there.

No longer any tie up between Rangers and Wigan anyway.  Used to be when Rangers Retail was a tie up with JJB Sports, owned by the Wigan Chairman.

Anyway, I can't see Jamie going down there.  Seems to be settled in Scotland and I'm sure his bursd wasn't keen to move too far from her family.  Besides that, Wigan is a tip.

Ah so it's just a coincidence then I am not really smelling Shoite. Yeah right then.By the way any idea how much they made on the resale a few weeks later for our multi million valued Webster.

28 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

The answer could be simpler than you think.

Say Rangers have received a substantial bid for player X who still has 2 years of his contract to run they may see Walker as a better and cheap replacement.  In their financial situation they may find it hard not to sell and the offer might not be on the table come the summer.

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

If he wants to go down South, he goes with my best wishes. He gets to compete at a higher level and hopefully challenge himself to better the player he was last season. I really hope he takes the move because he could really improve elsewhere. Like others, I'd have loved to see him play his entire career at Hearts and become a true 'legend' however that evidently is not to be. 

The huns need to be challenging Celtic and Jamie Walker based on this season isn't going to take them anywhere near to achieving that. I'd be surprised if the huns signed him. As others have said, too inconsistent, too slow and now it seems too injury prone. 

If he goes down South he gets a fresh start and a blank slate with no ill will from anyone and it leaves the door open for a return later in his career.

Very good assessment ?

Hes a decent player and on his day a good player, but get the feeling he won’t be missed that much. 

Time to take any cash if offered and move on. 

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I think it would be a good move for both sides but unlike many on here I wish Jamie all the best as he has had a lot of negative press with no fault of his own on many of the unfortunate occasions , bad advice I have no doubt but I am sure he will thrive in England so again I say good luck young man go and show the doubters how good you really are.

Don't lets kid ourselves he is a very good player and will do well where ever he goes

It may seem like I follow you about, but it's because I find your obviously different perspective interesting.

Walker's a talented footballer and I bet the other players respect him for it, but I have to question how effective he really is and how often. All the talent in the world doesn't mean you always do the right thing, make the right decision on the pitch etc

52 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

To be fair that “other poster” is the worst troll in the forum’s history... so... y’know...

Would rather sell him £300k south than £400k to a SPFL rival. I know he wants to stay close to home but honestly I think Walker would do better to get out of Britain. I think he might do better in Germany, Netherlands, or Belgium where they're not going to try to kick him off the pitch every game.

All in all though Wigan's not a bad move, much as it does my head in that League One clubs have enough money to buy our best players and managers. I've been happy with how Levein's handled Walker's situation so far and trust him to get the most out of this situation.

7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

According to BBC rumors page, Wigan have offered £300K to take him in January.

I'd try to negotiate them up to closer to £400k, but ultimately would take the £300k if they refused to increase it.  Somewhat skeptical about whether it's true though!

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

No a midfielder. We are looking along the M8 for a left back.

Declan John (left back) has just signed a 3 and a half year contract at Rangers....

6 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Nice to see 'The Webster Agreement' survived liquidation tho eh?

First thing that came into my head too ?

Glamorgan Jambo

£300K from a non rival for a player who's out of contract in 6 months is probably okay business, assuming he wants to go of course. £300K in September from a rival wasn't that difficult to turn down especially considering we had no idea what sort of payment terms and conditions were attached.

It is quite funny that folk are questioning whether he’d like Wigan and could adjust to living there. He’d probably love it... he didn’t fancy living somewhere really nice in Spain, according to some on here, so maybe he’s in to shite social clubs and bleak landscapes?

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Have to take it. Business wise an absolute clanger

A clanger? As in not taking money int he summer? 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

That's where I am. Some of the threads on Walker read like a schoolgirl/boy that has just been dumped.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

It is quite funny that folk are questioning whether he’d like Wigan and could adjust to living there. He’d probably love it... he didn’t fancy living somewhere really nice in Spain, according to some on here, so maybe he’s in to shite social clubs and bleak landscapes?

Most shitty places have nice areas to live if you are a bigger earner.

9 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Most shitty places have nice areas to live if you are a bigger earner.

Definitely. I’ve got family who live in a massive mansion in Stone.

my point was more that, Jamie would probably quite like Wigan... as horrendous a place as it is. His desperation to scuttle along the M8 to Glasgow hints at this too.

Darth Sidious
6 hours ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

I don’t understand this post.

If he’s going to the Huns in the Summer he can sign a pre contract with them now and sit tight at Hearts until then.

With Sevco being skint and desperate maybe taking a sell on fee as payment for his transfer in January may be beneficial.  Sevco dont have to cough up money and get a player, Walker gets what he wants and Hearts get some possible form of money in the future.

Or Walker and Sevco are happy to just sit for 6 months.  It was only a suggestion.

Lucille's Thirsty

300K.

That’s not bad at all given he can go for free in a few months. Wigan until January next year and back up the road would be my guess. I think he’ll reject that move and wait for Rangers it’s a NAP.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Walker out of all the big games he’s turned up when we play Rangers multiple times.

He’s served us well scored a belter against Hibs at Tynie. All the best to him.

maroonnicky63
Just now, Smithee said:

It may seem like I follow you about, but it's because I find your obviously different perspective interesting.

Walker's a talented footballer and I bet the other players respect him for it, but I have to question how effective he really is and how often. All the talent in the world doesn't mean you always do the right thing, make the right decision on the pitch etc

The quality of players Hearts were signing not that long ago effected Walker on the pitch and it showed and I have no doubt at all that if he goes to a team with a better quality of player he will show his full potential and unfortunately I think it is to late for him to do a u turn as we now have a better quality of  player.

However I must say I was really impressed with Hearts on Sunday and that perhaps now Levein maybe getting his point across as to how he wants them to play and of course he has signed a better quality of players in Berra , Laferty ect and of course the young ones who as you know will dip from time to time and that will bring in the usual negativity on here.

The thing that did worry me was levein's interview before the game where he said because of injuries he had no choice but to '' have a go'', I don't care who comes to Tyncasle we should always have a go no matter what.No issue with you Smithee on here at all , nice to have your thoughts. cheers

I know folk here are convinced otherwise but I think there's no chance Walker ends up at Rangers now. He was desperate to get away from Cathro and believed the Huns when they said they'd make it happen. They let him down and I don't think he'll trust them again.

Totally unsurprised he's eyeing England.

Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

The quality of players Hearts were signing not that long ago effected Walker on the pitch and it showed and I have no doubt at all that if he goes to a team with a better quality of player he will show his full potential and unfortunately I think it is to late for him to do a u turn as we now have a better quality of  player.

However I must say I was really impressed with Hearts on Sunday and that perhaps now Levein maybe getting his point across as to how he wants them to play and of course he has signed a better quality of players in Berra , Laferty ect and of course the young ones who as you know will dip from time to time and that will bring in the usual negativity on here.

The thing that did worry me was levein's interview before the game where he said because of injuries he had no choice but to '' have a go'', I don't care who comes to Tyncasle we should always have a go no matter what.No issue with you Smithee on here at all , nice to have your thoughts. cheers

Nah, not having that, sorry. Playing beside a player the quality of Tsziolis held Walker back, aye? 

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

I know folk here are convinced otherwise but I think there's no chance Walker ends up at Rangers now. He was desperate to get away from Cathro and believed the Huns when they said they'd make it happen. They let him down and I don't think he'll trust them again.

Totally unsurprised he's eyeing England.

Lots of chippies and shite social clubs in Wigan. Who would pass up an opportunity like that?

Just now, Ryder said:

Lots of chippies and shite social clubs in Wigan. Who would pass up an opportunity like that?

He's got a bairn now. Maybe he's ready to focus on football and home and not much else?

I think most of all he just wants to see what life is like beyond Tynecastle. I don't know him or his cousin or his doppleganger in the Rangers scarf or his grade school teacher but he strikes me as the kind of player who'd try his hand in England for a while and in a few years come back to Hearts.

Archived