Walker to Wigan?

Finlay James

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

The situations with Walker and Webster are completely different.

Why are people suggesting there’s some sort of underhand dealing required here?

What am I missing?

I'm assuming that it is due to Wigan being involved in the webster transfer

If he has decided he wants to go then it’s the right time to take the 300k. Better to get something for him rather than nothing on the summer

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

According to BBC rumors page, Wigan have offered £300K to take him in January.

We should bite their hand off.

Walker is a talented player but he has no consistency. Maybe get one out of 10 good games from him if you are lucky. Also for some time now I have questioned his effort and commitment. He can be a lazy player and totally drift out of games when it is not going for him.

No suprise to me that our best performace for over a year came when he was not in the team. Can you ever see Walker putting in the amount of running and effort that Milinkovic put in on Sunday?

I would rather we got Milinkovic signed up on a longer term deal and we can use the money from Walker to do so.

24 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Nice to see 'The Webster Agreement' survived liquidation tho eh?

My thoughts entirely. Seasons change and the world moves on but they’ll always find a way to bend rules 

If they’ve offered £300k we should get £500k

plus it means that the Huns can’t dominate and control this issue - they have to pony up under some compo

Win win

Any deal with an English club should have a sell on %

Elias Henry Furst
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I'm assuming that it is due to Wigan being involved in the webster transfer

Yeah I get that but Dave Whelan is no longer Wigan chairman. Minty has left Ibrox and there is no JJB sports connection.

On top of that Walker isn’t trying to engineer a move through a new ruling.

If Walker moves to Wigan in January he won’t be then moving to Rangers in the Summer, despite any ‘history’.

Elias Henry Furst
2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

My thoughts entirely. Seasons change and the world moves on but they’ll always find a way to bend rules 

Rangers can sign him on a pre contract NOW.

What part of that are people struggling with?

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Should have taken the 700k pre season.

The rangers bid? Personally I would rather accept half the money and have Walker playing in a different league instead of going to a direct rival, being a stepping stone to either of the old firm is something that grinds my gears, if we want to compete, our best players need to stay at the club or move down south in my opinion, I’m aware that’s easier said than done, as could lose him to them for free in summer anyway 

Jambof3tornado

Walker doesnt fancy anywhere other than sevco so will refuse to play ball. Dangerous game he is playing as his next move will be his last for decent money.

On his day a match winner but his day doesnt come around often enough.

According to Tommy Wright Sevco want O’Halloran back in January. So that’s either to play him or to swop/sell him him. Walker/O’Halloran switch could be on the cards. 

You're such a tease Notts !!

Walkers wee Sevco heart is gonna be broken when he hears this, It'll be interesting to see how this pans out !

43 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

The situations with Walker and Webster are completely different.

Why are people suggesting there’s some sort of underhand dealing required here?

What am I missing?

Word association 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No a midfielder. We are looking along the M8 for a left back.

Back on form :thumbsup::lol:

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

Rip their arms off.

This. Don’t give them a chance to pull out, stick him in a basket and leave him on their doorstep. We can send the invoice once they take him inside.

59 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Cash wise it's fine. We are trying to get a player to come the other way.

I really hope it's not Noel Hunt...

Carl Fredrickson

I was looking at the Wigan squad and thought it may have been Will Gregg, Noel Hunt but then Notts mentioned a midfielder. Nick Powell was a talented youngster who hasnt quite hit the heights. Doubt we could afford his salary.

37 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

We should bite their hand off.

Walker is a talented player but he has no consistency. Maybe get one out of 10 good games from him if you are lucky. Also for some time now I have questioned his effort and commitment. He can be a lazy player and totally drift out of games when it is not going for him.

No suprise to me that our best performace for over a year came when he was not in the team. Can you ever see Walker putting in the amount of running and effort that Milinkovic put in on Sunday?

I would rather we got Milinkovic signed up on a longer term deal and we can use the money from Walker to do so.

Saved me a lot of typing.

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

He’ll do what his other half tells him to do.

That, in all probability, would mean I’ll be surprised if he leaves to go working down the pits in Wigan.

Or surrounding areas.

She could go to the Pier.

letsalldothebeattie

Better than nothing and it’s not Rangers so take it Hearts. Will be sad to see him go he’s been a great servant but let’s be honest his heads been gone for about a year now. 

Just now, Barack said:

She’d probably throw herself in if she sees the place.

It is an absolute midden of a town. Good pies though ?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It is an absolute midden of a town. Good pies though ?

Wigan are exactly the sort of club that make me hate SKY TV. When you think about the money they have, the players they have had and the level they have played at, and then you compare the club and the town to Hearts and Edinburgh. Jealousy is a wasted emotion but ffs... nice one Murdoch you ****ing twat.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would be happy with this. 

With the youngsters like McDonald coming through it doesn't seem like a big loss. 

Where I'm at.

Beat Celtic 4-0 without him and instead relied upon our energetic and excitable youngsters who are injury/niggle free unlike Walker.

Good bit of business if it happens. I just hope that Walker doesn't knock back this move and then sign a pre contract with Sevco. There were one or two  ITK folk saying that he didn't want to move south.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Sell-on clause?

Cant really see walker moving on to a bigger club for any fee to be honest. Different to paterson who we all expect to push on.

He will probably reject the move and just wait it out until end of season.  Why let hearts get the £300k when he could trouser that as a signing on fee instead at the end of the season? 

1 hour ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

I don’t understand this post.

If he’s going to the Huns in the Summer he can sign a pre contract with them now and sit tight at Hearts until then.

Will that be on the bench or in the stand?

If he doesn't sign up again for us in January I'd never play him again. 

Just now, Longshanks said:

He will probably reject the move and just wait it out until end of season.  Why let hearts get the £300k when he could trouser that as a signing on fee instead at the end of the season? 

Him and his missus could hit Buchanan Galeries with that, and still have plenty left over to spend on kids’ strips from the Hun shop.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Him and his missus could hit Buchanan Galeries with that, and still have plenty left over to spend on kids’ strips from the Hun shop.

Let's just hope for poor jamies sake rangers don't take a look at his rusty knee before giving him a deal.

Son Of Anarchy
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That would have been crazy to settle for 10% of the fee. 

;-)

:lol:

Miscounted but correctly spelled :thumbsup:

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Chaps said:

I’ll drive him down and won’t even take petrol money.

I'll take a driving shift.

Elias, as Mikey alluded to, the Webster agreement chat was simply word association on my part. 

I know this is a completely different situation, but Wigan are ****ing snakes so if there's an opportunity to have a wee dig at them then I'll take it???

Do we even know if Sevco are still interested?  They have a caretaker manager now and has he got authority to make signings that his successor might not fancy.

Walker hasn't exactly made an impact and I think terms offered by Sevco in a pre-contract might be performance related.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Has this BBC rumours site got any kind of reputation for accuracy ?

Or is it just "rumours"

Reported elsewhere with Daily Express quoted in The Sun

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2003826/hearts-rangers-jamie-walker-move-wigan/amp/

Though 3 weeks ago they said Moult was going to Wigan

17 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Let's just hope for poor jamies sake rangers don't take a look at his rusty knee before giving him a deal.

Just write ‘ex-display model’ on his Moses basket.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Do we even know if Sevco are still interested?  They have a caretaker manager now and has he got authority to make signings that his successor might not fancy.

Walker hasn't exactly made an impact and I think terms offered by Sevco in a pre-contract might be performance related.

Rangers often make ‘board signings’, doesn’t matter if they have a manager. Although it’s something that is only ever pointed out at Hearts.

21 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Has this BBC rumours site got any kind of reputation for accuracy ?

Or is it just "rumours"

They are the ones that are printed in that days papers. So it is more relevant which paper it came from

300k is a decent amount given his injuries and contract situation. I’d also far prefer to see him playing down in England than with anyone else up here. With Wigan flying high at the top of League One and scoring lots of goals he might be interested as it’s a route into the Chanpionship. Hope he goes but got a feeling he’ll just sit and wait for Sevco to maybe come in for him.

Archived