12 unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

17 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

We shall have to agree to disagree.

All views are clearly not welcome and one has to wonder what the agenda is when one does not subscribe to the party line.

People can be put on ignore if so desired, but this is different from being suspended from the forum just because one's views are too critical and too insightful for some.

Hiya Hendricks.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

What would you call 4 game's unbeaten?

Up until Saturday I'd have called it a 'winless run' which is first and foremost and most importantly what it actually was.

3 points out of 9 at home to dross is what it was. It caused damage but here you are saying what a good thing it is. Jesus man at least be honest about what things are and more importantly, what they mean. We got back on track with a good result after 6 bad ones.

17 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

We shall have to agree to disagree.

All views are clearly not welcome and one has to wonder what the agenda is when one does not subscribe to the party line.

People can be put on ignore if so desired, but this is different from being suspended from the forum just because one's views are too critical and too insightful for some.

This is a very interesting point 

letsalldothebeattie

We will go unbeaten to the end of the year come back cold from the winter break and get turned over by Hibs and oot the cup

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Up until Saturday I'd have called it a 'winless run' which is first and foremost and most importantly what it actually was.

3 points out of 9 at home to dross is what it was. It caused damage but here you are saying what a good thing it is. Jesus man at least be honest about what things are and more importantly, what they mean. We got back on track with a good result after 6 bad ones.

S we are 4 in then.

Glad we agree.

6 from 12 ain't great, hopefully 9 from 15 on Tuesday and 5 unbeaten. Will that count?

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:32, BigDave'sHeed said:

Now we've turned a small corner and got our win, how long can we go unbeaten for?

The Celtic game stands out as the banana skin, but don't think there is much to fear from Dundee, saints, hibs and Aberdeen.

Another pretty dire performance but a VERY welcome win on Saturday - but "Unbeaten" at home against Partick, Ross County and Hamilton????   Aye fantastic!

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

S we are 4 in then.

Glad we agree.

6 from 12 ain't great, hopefully 9 from 15 on Tuesday and 5 unbeaten. Will that count?

Statistically it will be correct so in that sense it counts. 9 points from 15 at home against the bottom 6 ( apart from Motherwell) is a pretty mediocre points haul. The only good thing that could be said about it is that its not relegation form anymore. (which 3 points from 18 was)

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:36, Five to One said:

I know we won, but this must be one of the most negative Hearts sides I’ve ever seen. 

Are we just looking to consolidate this season and hope for top 6?

Did you expect any other kind of football under Levein???

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Its not really to be honest. I’ve been suspended a couple of times recently for polar opposite views to Hendricks, so the whole premise shits the bed right there.

...a bit disco

Loada shite.

Nothing to do with LUVEEN or our shitey players.

I found my old lucky Umbro scarf from 1981/82 on Friday, gave it a wash and wore it on Saturday.

winner-gif-12.gif

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Its not really to be honest. I’ve been suspended a couple of times recently for polar opposite views to Hendricks, so the whole premise shits the bed right there.

Good stuff - glad Admin take action against rude posters......;)

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Good stuff - glad Admin take action against rude posters......;)

:lol:

I’ve no complaints. 

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Loada shite.

Nothing to do with LUVEEN or our shitey players.

I found my old lucky Umbro scarf from 1981/82 on Friday, gave it a wash and wore it on Saturday.

Naw, it's all my doing; on Saturday, I didn't go to the Diggers' before a game at Tynie for the first time this season. We won at Tynie for the first time this season.

I'll be back in there on Tuesday though, so we're only drawing with Dundee I'm afraid.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Naw, it's all my doing; on Saturday, I didn't go to the Diggers' before a game at Tynie for the first time this season. We won at Tynie for the first time this season.

I'll be back in there on Tuesday though, so we're only drawing with Dundee I'm afraid.

I promise to buy a 4 pack of Tuborg for you (Crowdfunding permitting) if you promise to forgo a nice pint in a warm and pleasing environment.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

I promise to buy a 4 pack of Tuborg for you (Crowdfunding permitting) if you promise to forgo a nice pint in a warm and pleasing environment.

:turmoil:

It’s ironic that a right footed left back isn’t an issue when defending , in fact it sometimes works in your favour , however when attacking ...... it’s a different scenario , so no surprise we can defend but can’t score . 

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Not really as old enough to remember his last spell. Attritional but effective. Someone really needs to explain to him Football is meant to be entertainment. 

3 hours ago, Five to One said:

Not really as old enough to remember his last spell. Attritional but effective. Someone really needs to explain to him Football is meant to be entertainment. 

In his last spell we finished 3rd two years on the bounce behind the old firm and also 3rd top scorers during the same period. I was royally entertained thanks very much. 

Stephen Muddie

Levein has gone saggy was/is my fear. I was glad that he got sent to the stand recently as it shows he might yet firm up and manage us well.

In his last spell the football got better as time went on. I think folk forget the 5-1 and the days of many a spirited last minute winner or equaliser with us pressing the **** out the opposition for the entirety of the closing stages.

I remember Kevin mckenna up front though although budgetary restraints back then explained that. Did he sign Ricardo fuller? I can't remember, but he signed many a good player back then and if he hadn't jumped to Leicester would have continued to improve us I reckon. Probably saw the vr writing on the wall. 

Bizarrely I loved our 3-1 home win against the 3rd place Portuguese team and the great counter attacking performances away to them and bordeaux.  

I thought he'd initially focus on making us hard to beat thesedays and that appears to be happening. I guess once that assured foundation is there then we might expect to see more being done on the ball and in the opposition final 3rd. 

He used to play Alan Maybury at left back too.

4 hours ago, Five to One said:

We had several of our most memorable and entertaining games ever (for different reasons) under Levein. 5-1, 4-4, some of the European games... genuinely breathtaking matches and results that come along very rarely. I got bored during Levein's time but that was more down to the fact that it was when the OF really stretched away. The 2nd places we used to get fairly regularly became an impossibility and 3rd was obviously going to be the best we or any other non-OF team could do, possibly forever (no-one could have predicted Romanov coming along and Rangers imploding).

What was the same though was Levein's pragmatism. He always prioritised picking up points and did a great job of that. It was frustrating we didn't have more of a go when we played the OF though. I remember his record not being good against them. He firmly established us as best of the rest though at a time when the league was getting so boring that the Herald even started a league table with matches vs the OF not counting (and them not in it). We won the non-OF league twice in a row under Levein!

18 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

We had several of our most memorable and entertaining games ever (for different reasons) under Levein. 5-1, 4-4, some of the European games... genuinely breathtaking matches and results that come along very rarely. I got bored during Levein's time but that was more down to the fact that it was when the OF really stretched away. The 2nd places we used to get fairly regularly became an impossibility and 3rd was obviously going to be the best we or any other non-OF team could do, possibly forever (no-one could have predicted Romanov coming along and Rangers imploding).

What was the same though was Levein's pragmatism. He always prioritised picking up points and did a great job of that. It was frustrating we didn't have more of a go when we played the OF though. I remember his record not being good against them. He firmly established us as best of the rest though at a time when the league was getting so boring that the Herald even started a league table with matches vs the OF not counting (and them not in it). We won the non-OF league twice in a row under Levein!

Ps to this. Neilson was very clearly influenced by leaven's pragmatic approach by the way, not in a bad way. Cathro on the other hand ignored that approach and... If we ever do get a manager who both entertains in the way you and others seem to want and gets us in at least 3rd on a consistent basis then we won't hold on to him for very long in today's climate. Funnily enough Neilson in the "plane season" had us making chances, scoring lots of goals (3rd best) and picking up points (losing just 9). It wasn't enough for some though. To put it in context we scored the same number of goals in the Premiership as Hibs did in the Championship that season and lost just one game more. And that was his first season managing at that level.

12 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Glad you'll be back.  Proper Jambo.  You are going to be pleasantly surprised because we are going to thrash them.

rab obanheartsno1

He should definitely start at RB again on Tuesday, did well today as did the rest off defence, 3 points tonight nothing less will do?????

13 hours ago, Five to One said:

Correct!

14 hours ago, Five to One said:

Well, winning first and then entertainment.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Incorrect-Football is about winning first and then entertainment.

Indeed. It's not gymnastics, where you get extra points for style.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Correct!

It's not correct. As has been pointed out by others. 

It's also nonsense that the football under Levein first time round was boring. He was pragmatic but not boring. 4-4, 5-1. 2-1 at easter road when being behind in the last 5 minutes twice. 3rd top scorers and 3rd in consecutive seasons. Not to mention Braga and Bordeaux. 

Think i preferred your stuff about the windows.

4 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It's not correct. As has been pointed out by others. 

It's also nonsense that the football under Levein first time round was boring. He was pragmatic but not boring. 4-4, 5-1. 2-1 at easter road when being behind in the last 5 minutes twice. 3rd top scorers and 3rd in consecutive seasons. Not to mention Braga and Bordeaux. 

Think i preferred your stuff about the windows.

Did you - cheers! :thumbsup:

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, Statto said:

6 unbeaten...

The longest current unbeaten run in the Scottish Premiership.

Let's get number 7!

:yas:

Bazzas right boot

Yeeeeeeees.

Already updated.

Well done, mods. On the ball just like the team.

Unbeaten December is on (really should have put a bet on)

Bazzas right boot
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:54, Bozi said:

Only 2 goals conceded in 5 games too 

2 goals in 6 games.

Nelly Terraces

Only 3 points behind the vermin & a huge 7 goal swing our way this weekend.  Let's get a result in Perth then bury these **** s season for good on the 27th!!

HHGH - FTH.

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Only 3 points behind the vermin & a huge 7 goal swing our way this weekend.  Let's get a result in Perth then bury these **** s season for good on the 27th!!

HHGH - FTH.

Things are looking good again Nelly.

As you said....let's put these rats back in the gutter like when we were lads.

Bridge of Djoum
On 12/10/2017 at 16:19, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's a sad day when draws at home against Partick, Hamilton and Ross County are hailed as an unbeaten run. 

Not hailed as, more counted as part of. Or should unbeaten runs only include results against top 6 sides? Top 3 perhaps?

Some result for your tribute act though, eh? Tanned fi a mediocre SJ team. And the boy who turned you down spanks the Hibbies. 

Tough weekend for you.

Bridge of Djoum
On 12/11/2017 at 04:51, Spencer said:

It really, really, really wasn't. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 12/11/2017 at 05:45, Thomaso said:

Image result for laughter gif

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Image result for laughter gif

Lol.

From small acorns grow huge oaks.

We're almost at the wee bush stage.

Beat saints, hibs maybe get a draw V Aberdeen, I'll be a happy chappy.

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Not hailed as, more counted as part of. Or should unbeaten runs only include results against top 6 sides? Top 3 perhaps?

Some result for your tribute act though, eh? Tanned fi a mediocre SJ team. And the boy who turned you down spanks the Hibbies. 

Tough weekend for you.

Bit of a bizzare rant wasn't it. I think the only criteria for an unbeaten run is not getting beaten like.

6 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

HHGH - FTH.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Spencer, Thomaso and Escobar were all over this thread a few days ago. Why have they all disappeared?

61809715-AF6D-451B-A6AA-E53D0E0D9277.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Spencer, Thomaso and Escobar were all over this thread a few days ago. Why have they all disappeared?

Always a mystery why certain posters are never off here when we are getting beat, but when we win -are busy.

• redm changed the title to 12 unbeaten ( edited )

Archived