12 unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

It's 3 points and that's what counts right now. This is such a tight league with the odd freak result but on the whole most games are separated by the odd goal or a 2 nil when a team are pushing for an equaliser. Theres nothing much between the majority of teams so every win is welcome. Unless the transfer window is special then most games this season will be the same.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP could be a politician with this thread title :lol:

But it’s factually correct. Undefeated at Tynecastle Park.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

What’s this?

A positive thread?   What site have I logged into?

I'm with you.

i had to double-check what site I was on.  It won't last.... all this positive stuff.

23 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know he's a right back, but I don't think he is any better than the other 3 right backs we already have... So why on earth would we sign him permanently when we have zero left backs?

And if we did sign him what are doing with the Michael Smith, Liam Smith and Jamie Brandon?

Who knows what well do ..maybe we'll put Brandon on loan let l.smith go  and keep randall as back up to m.smith

I was just pointing out he plays better in his natural position

I know we won, but this must be one of the most negative Hearts sides I’ve ever seen. 

Are we just looking to consolidate this season and hope for top 6?

27 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I know he's a right back, but I don't think he is any better than the other 3 right backs we already have... So why on earth would we sign him permanently when we have zero left backs?

And if we did sign him what are doing with the Michael Smith, Liam Smith and Jamie Brandon?

Get rid of the first two and push Jamie to RM-sorted

19 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Look at who is in the dugout to find your answer ?

The comment above is what loads of folk will think/say....to an extent I'd agree, but at the end of the day we have picked up a win, build on that and who knows, things might look brighter - even for the constant 'glass half empty' folk?!

Not good for the old heart.

A second and we could maybe have opened them up further. I'm well aware that will not be the case under Levein.

A win is a win however. Two in four days is looking good.

Captain America

3 points makes it all seem better.

A win has me starting to look upwards rather than the foot of the table. 

Glass hall full tonight.

Won same number of points as Aberdeen in the last 5. Levein's initial job was to make us harder to beat. Job done I think with a very limited squad beset with injuries to key players. Now hopefully we can kick on, especially wth a couple of signings in Jan.

3 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

The negative mob always disappear when we get a result. 3 in particular haven't posted a thing since kick-off.

Hendricks has been suspended, hence no postings recently.

I have always thought that this forum existed for all opinions, but perhaps his views, albeit more critical of Levein and current on field matters than most, have proved to be very accurate over many months.

it seems that there are some who do not welcome such views and are intent on having him silenced.

5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Now we've turned a small corner and got our win, how long can we go unbeaten for?

The Celtic game stands out as the banana skin, but don't think there is much to fear from Dundee, saints, hibs and Aberdeen.

Give it a rest mate eh and let’s just enjoy a win. It’s 1 win and hopefully we can make it 2 against Dundee because you know as well as I we will get an absolute pumping from Celtic. It’s usually by at least 3 or 4 

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Won same number of points as Aberdeen in the last 5. Levein's initial job was to make us harder to beat. Job done I think with a very limited squad beset with injuries to key players. Now hopefully we can kick on, especially wth a couple of signings in Jan.

Spot on. As you say Levein said he wanted to make us harder to beat and have a strong spine. One bit at a time. We’ll get there.

Comparing each teams last 4 home games...only Celtic & Rangers have taken more points than us...

iwasthere1954
7 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Randall is so limited it's hard to believe he's a Liverpool player.

Played well today, tho. Ran about, got in the way.

You obviously know more than the Liverpool management. Where's your next gig?

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

I have always thought that this forum existed for all opinions, but perhaps his views, albeit more critical of Levein and current on field matters than most, have proved to be very accurate over many months.

it seems that there are some who do not welcome such views and are intent on having him silenced.

"Having him silenced"? It's a fitbaw message board, not the North Korean propaganda machine, ffs!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You obviously know more than the Liverpool management. Where's your next gig?

I'll let you know in 4 year's time.

We can compare notes then.?

A frustration this season has been games we really should have won but haven't. We should have beaten Aberdeen at Murrayfield, we hit the bar twice and Callachan had a one on one with their keeper. We could have beat Kilmarnock, Isma missed a one on one at 1-1 and Kilmarnock go up the other end and score their winner and the 0-0 with Ross County, we should have won, Isma missed two chances 5 yards out and we had so many shots. That's 7 points more we should have had, we'd be a point behind Hibs and 4 points behind 2nd.

We needed the win yesterday desperately. It's turned a win-less run into an unbeaten run, I didn't think the performance yesterday was as good as the previous two games but we got the result which is the most important thing and we were against a better team than we had faced previously.

The Dundee game is a big one. A win is so important, Hibs play Rangers that midweek so it's a good opportunity to close up on at least one of them. Dropping points against Dundee would mean a probability of dropping points in 2 games in a row with Celtic up after that. A win on Tuesday takes the pressure off for Sunday. Unless Hibs beat them today, we could be the ones to take their undefeated streak. We actually have the 2nd longest current undefeated streak in the Scottish Premiership. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

He should remember it's a Hearts forum.

Not just a football forum.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Statto said:

A frustration this season has been games we really should have won but haven't. We should have beaten Aberdeen at Murrayfield, we hit the bar twice and Callachan had a one on one with their keeper. We could have beat Kilmarnock, Isma missed a one on one at 1-1 and Kilmarnock go up the other end and score their winner and the 0-0 with Ross County, we should have won, Isma missed two chances 5 yards out and we had so many shots. That's 7 points more we should have had, we'd be a point behind Hibs and 4 points behind 2nd.

We needed the win yesterday desperately. It's turned a win-less run into an unbeaten run, I didn't think the performance yesterday was as good as the previous two games but we got the result which is the most important thing and we were against a better team than we had faced previously.

The Dundee game is a big one. A win is so important, Hibs play Rangers that midweek so it's a good opportunity to close up on at least one of them. Dropping points against Dundee would mean a probability of dropping points in 2 games in a row with Celtic up after that. A win on Tuesday takes the pressure off for Sunday. Unless Hibs beat them today, we could be the ones to take their undefeated streak. We actually have the 2nd longest current undefeated streak in the Scottish Premiership. 

Yip.

A win on Tuesday will be huge for our confidence.  You could see the players slowly gaining confidence today, especially in the end where they held on for the 3 points and that will hopefully turn these draws in to wins.

Despite our obvious flaws at the moment, we have nothing to fear from anyone in this league bar Celtic as all other teams have their own flaws as well.  Midfield has been a nightmare but if Buaben can play that way throughout December, it may well give us the balance we desperately need in there until the transfer window opens.

I think the Hamilton match has put a bit of fire in our bellies, because we seem more aggressive. 

Would always take a dull 1-0 win over an entertaining 2-2, but it’s a risky game plan. 

11 hours ago, Performance said:

Get rid of the first two and push Jamie to RM-sorted

Would it not make more sense for us to send Randall back to Liverpool when his loan expires and sign 1 maybe even 2 Left Backs?

Bazzas right boot

3 points gained on Motherwell and hibs.

Win on Tuesday, things aren't looking all that bad.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Statto said:

100%

Said this all week, instead of being winless, we're now unbeaten. Win on Tuesday,it's 5 without a defeat ( given the fixtures, hardly the second coming- but still a start).

Beat Dundee and we get a free hit at Celtic. After that is saints and hibs, both winable imo.

Nb, hibs just equalised.?

When you say 4 unbeaten it sounds better than what it is but its a start. 3 points mid week and things suddenly look on the up.

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

Ah, no, Not at all.

All views are obviously welcome and open to debate.

His problem is that he repeats himself across so many threads that he is ruining most threads he appears on, and debate with him is impossible. 

iwasthere1954
10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'll let you know in 4 year's time.

We can compare notes then.?

Haha. I like that.

Right backs not the problem , it’s left back , during the game yesterday , the number of times Our left back could have crossed the ball quickly , didn’t happen because of lack of confidence , in a right footed player , to cross with his left foot. He then had to cut back and cross with his right foot, by then the chance had gone. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Liamthejambo said:

Right backs not the problem , it’s left back , during the game yesterday , the number of times Our left back could have crossed the ball quickly , didn’t happen because of lack of confidence , in a right footed player , to cross with his left foot. He then had to cut back and cross with his right foot, by then the chance had gone. 

Yip, several moves broke down because of this.

14 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Ah, no, Not at all.

All views are obviously welcome and open to debate.

His problem is that he repeats himself across so many threads that he is ruining most threads he appears on, and debate with him is impossible. 

We shall have to agree to disagree.

All views are clearly not welcome and one has to wonder what the agenda is when one does not subscribe to the party line.

People can be put on ignore if so desired, but this is different from being suspended from the forum just because one's views are too critical and too insightful for some.

5 unbeaten on Tuesday! 

We're improving and we've certainly developed a backbone which will hopefully allow us to concentrate more on creating chances. 

20 minutes ago, cuddledoon said:

All views are clearly not welcome and one has to wonder what the agenda is when one does not subscribe to the party line.

People can be put on ignore if so desired, but this is different from being suspended from the forum just because one's views are too critical and too insightful for some.

It’s a sad day when backing your own club is considered subscribing to the party line.

22 hours ago, ketchup said:

So much positivity in one post. It’s incredible.

I tend to look at it slightly differently. The previous two games could have easily went the way of today’s match.

But in the cold light of day they didn't. It's called reality.

48 minutes ago, Liamthejambo said:

Our last two left backs have been right footed, hopefully if we sign one in the January window he will at least favour his left.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

There is no party line and furthermore, I'm absolutely sure you would not receive any sanction for simply disagreeing with one, if such a thing existed.

Oh, and ''insightful''? Dinnae.

We have jointly conceded, the second least goals in the league. If we manage to start creating and putting away a few more chances our form will improve dramatically. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

5 unbeaten on Tuesday! 

We're improving and we've certainly developed a backbone which will hopefully allow us to concentrate more on creating chances. 

Dundee were ok v Aberdeen.

Hopefully we win v Dundee, at least we can look up rather than down if we do that.

4 hours ago, socrates82 said:

It’s a sad day when backing your own club is considered subscribing to the party line.

This, when did this actually happen?

MacDonald Jardine
4 hours ago, socrates82 said:

It's a sad day when draws at home against Partick, Hamilton and Ross County are hailed as an unbeaten run. 

14 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's a sad day when draws at home against Partick, Hamilton and Ross County are hailed as an unbeaten run. 

That is an unbeaten run!

9 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes but nothing to boast about. 

It's something to celebrate when it comes on the back of the 8 months we've had.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

What would you call 4 game's unbeaten?

3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Dundee were ok v Aberdeen.

Hopefully we win v Dundee, at least we can look up rather than down if we do that.

This, when did this actually happen?

Aye their a decent side but we're scrapping like tigers for points to keep us in the race. I'd probably take a point, I expect a win. 

In reality, things weren't really any different this weekend to the three previous...... but the key difference has been in actually getting the win.

Bit of a monkey off our back, and hopefully it does give us an extra wee boost.

Winning like we did on Saturday might not be pretty, but it's still a step in the right direction in one way or another. Lets see how we go tomorrow though.

• redm changed the title to 12 unbeaten ( edited )

Archived