12 unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Now we've turned a small corner and got our win, how long can we go unbeaten for?

The Celtic game stands out as the banana skin, but don't think there is much to fear from Dundee, saints, hibs and Aberdeen.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Aye, Celtic might be a banana skin :gok:

Maybe a land mine?

I think we turned a corner attitude and desire wise last week at half time.

We looked more organised at the back. Randall gets pelters, but his strength and desire today at right back and laterally at cb was his best game in maroon. Never a midfielder.

Young Moore was good. We don't offer alot going forward but sometimes desire and being organised is a step in the right direction. Need a win on Tuesday now

It's a start.

We will build our fortress back up.

Just like the new stand it will be bigger and stronger than before. 

Elias Henry Furst

A welcome 3 points.

Nothing much different from recent games in that we created absolutely nothing.

Could easily have went the way of the last few games but happy to get 3 points to give us a bit breathing space.

We’re a very poor side.

rudi must stay
40 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

We looked more organised at the back. Randall gets pelters, but his strength and desire today at right back and laterally at cb was his best game in maroon. Never a midfielder.

Young Moore was good. We don't offer alot going forward but sometimes desire and being organised is a step in the right direction. Need a win on Tuesday now

Randall can play anywhere apart from upfront, but he'd give that a go with his attitude. Terrific signing

Bazzas right boot
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Randall can play anywhere apart from upfront, but he'd give that a go with his attitude. Terrific signing

Randall is so limited it's hard to believe he's a Liverpool player.

Played well today, tho. Ran about, got in the way.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

A welcome 3 points.

Could easily have went the way of the last few games but happy to get 3 points to give us a bit breathing space.

We’re a very poor side.

A slow side but well organised, Levein said that'll change come January :)

2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

A welcome 3 points.

We’re a very poor side.

So much positivity in one post. It’s incredible.

I tend to look at it slightly differently. The previous two games could have easily went the way of today’s match.

46 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Aye, without doubt Randall looks a different player at RB and should be left alone (if deserving of a place) in that position unless we have an injury crisis.

He looks more confident within himself and he can actually look quite solid. Decent enough use of the ball too. Certainly looks better than Smith for me.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Randall is so limited it's hard to believe he's a Liverpool player.

Played well today, tho. Ran about, got in the way.

Randall is a player that isn't around much. A player with real guts, that's why I think Klopp promoted him when he arrived there. Not going to be deluded and say he could play for them, but he's more than good enough for us.

Elias Henry Furst
9 minutes ago, ketchup said:

I tend to look at it slightly differently. The previous two games could have easily went the way of today’s match.

Look at it however you wish.

As long as we continue to struggle to create chances, games will be on a knife edge.

1 win in 7 considering the teams we’ve faced isn’t near good enough.

Glad of the 3 points today. Keeps us away from the wrong end. Not deluded enough to believe it was a comfortable performance.

Can't get excited about being 4 games unbeaten against motherwell, patrick, ross county and Hamilton.

and all at home at tynecastle 

19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I hope we try take him permanently, play him rb every week, push Brandon up to right mid

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, FWJ said:

What’s this?

A positive thread?   What site have I logged into?

The negative mob always disappear when we get a result. 3 in particular haven't posted a thing since kick-off.

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

The negative mob always disappear when we get a result. 3 in particular haven't posted a thing since kick-off.

Maybe they’ve been at the game and are now enjoying a few beers?

Crazy, I know. ?

Lucille's Thirsty
25 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Randall is a player that isn't around much. A player with real guts, that's why I think Klopp promoted him when he arrived there. Not going to be deluded and say he could play for them, but he's more than good enough for us.

Brendan Rodgers was the one that promoted Connor Randall alongside Jordan Rossiter who now is at Rangers.

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Maybe they’ve been at the game and are now enjoying a few beers?

Crazy, I know. ?

All of them? Hmmmm

They have history of posting rather quickly and repeatedly when a result doesn't go our way though.

Image result for just sayin meme

31 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Great result today. Couldn't make the game today but we've been a slow side for about 3 years and I would doubt that will change in January regardless of what "Levein said ". However, it could be an important 3 points come the end of the season if we are fighting for top 6 ahead of a major rethink in the summer.

Elias Henry Furst
2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

All of them? Hmmmm

They have history of posting rather quickly and repeatedly when a result doesn't go our way though.

Image result for just sayin meme

I’d need evidence before commenting further.

33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Agree. I like him too. 

1 hour ago, ketchup said:

We played better in both of them and only got two points. I'll take today's result for what it was. I would hate to think I'll have to watch many games as bad as the 2nd half this season but, if the end result of them is 3 points I'll accept it.

54 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

I hope we try take him permanently, play him rb every week, push Brandon up to right mid

That’s a really good shout, would be happy to see Randall and Brandon on our right side

___________McLaughlin 

Randall__Souttar__Berra__Smith 

Brandon__Djoum__Buaben__Moore 

__________Lafferty__Isma 

For Dundee this would be a really good way to line up imo

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

That’s a really good shout, would be happy to see Randall and Brandon on our right side

___________McLaughlin 

Randall__Souttar__Berra__Smith 

Brandon__Djoum__Buaben__Moore 

__________Lafferty__Isma 

For Dundee this would be a really good way to line up imo

Defo mate,that would see our right flank in good steed imo

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Great attitude but awful signing.  If there was one position we didn't require cover it's right back... We have Micheel Smith, Jamie Brandon and Liam Smith.

We signed Randall to help solve our problems in Midfield, in that respect he has been a disaster.

Realistically I’m thinking wins v Dundee and the vermin and god knows what to expect at Perth in our jinx ground. 

Celtic and Aberdeen away I’m expecting nothing but hopefully get something

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Great attitude but awful signing.  If there was one position we didn't require cover it's right back... We have Micheel Smith, Jamie Brandon and Liam Smith.

We signed Randall to help solve our problems in Midfield, in that respect he has been a disaster.

Randall is just as good if not better than the three mentioned at RB imo.

Brandon is not a RB, RM for me.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Realistically I’m thinking wins v Dundee and the vermin and god knows what to expect at Perth in our jinx ground. 

Celtic and Aberdeen away I’m expecting nothing but hopefully get something

We are playing celtic at home

4 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

We are playing celtic at home

I know , I just put away after Aberdeen game that’s all. Looked confusing I agree

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

A higher tempo and we would have burst them today. A mystery to me why we sometimes slow things when the opposition are there for the taking.

Randall was good today and not surprisingly his last good games was against Aberdeen when he played ..... RB.

i think he is the best RB we have at the club and if we could find a LB then it would help the balance of the team.

A good result today rather than performance but 2 shots on target in last 2 games is a worry.  We need a couple of players not afraid to take players on and commit a defender.  That point where Milinkovic passes the ball backwards when a chance to run in on goal sums up our creativity.  Rest of team solid enough

All roads lead to Gorgie

Today was the first time I think we have played as a team in front of the new stand, yes we had more chances in the County game but the effort and understanding throughout the team took a step up today which we now need to build on.

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Now we've turned a small corner and got our win, how long can we go unbeaten for?

The Celtic game stands out as the banana skin, but don't think there is much to fear from Dundee, saints, hibs and Aberdeen.

7 days?

18 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Just as well he can play right back as well.. as he was our only option today (when smith has to cover at left back)..hes played right back more than any other position in his career

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

I’d need evidence before commenting further.

Any match thread we haven't gotten a result.

Pick one.

Hopefully Randall retains his place . The thought of playing Brandon  at right back or left back  against Celtic and Hibs fills me with  dread . He is a decent prospect going forward but would get ripped up for arse paper in these games 

Our record against Celtic, including before this ridiculous run they're on, is brutal and I can't see our extremely poor side changing that. Pessimistic, but true. Dundee will likely be another scrap, hopefully we come out on top again.

Elias Henry Furst
Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Any match thread we haven't gotten a result.

Pick one.

You might be interested in the posting habits of others but I’m not.

If you have a problem call them out. Or not as it appears. I really couldn’t care less.

3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Just as well he can play right back as well.. as he was our only option today (when smith has to cover at left back)..hes played right back more than any other position in his career

I know he's a right back, but I don't think he is any better than the other 3 right backs we already have... So why on earth would we sign him permanently when we have zero left backs?

And if we did sign him what are doing with the Michael Smith, Liam Smith and Jamie Brandon?

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

You might be interested in the posting habits of others but I’m not.

If you have a problem call them out. Or not as it appears. I really couldn’t care less.

Pretty sure he did. You’ve been awful grumpy since we got the win this afternoon. 

Anyway, I’ll sit back and bask in the positivity silence encapsulating JKB this evening. 

The Future's Maroon
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

A higher tempo and we would have burst them today. A mystery to me why we sometimes slow things when the opposition are there for the taking.

Look at who is in the dugout to find your answer ?

The comment above is what loads of folk will think/say....to an extent I'd agree, but at the end of the day we have picked up a win, build on that and who knows, things might look brighter - even for the constant 'glass half empty' folk?!

• redm changed the title to 12 unbeaten ( edited )

Archived