Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

On 12/5/2017 at 14:58, Fourcandles said:

Quite frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn.....

only the old gits will get that one.....!!!

old git here - Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in "Gone With The Wind" - great film ;)

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/12/2017 at 17:25, BigDave'sHeed said:

Johnny (would) be good...

Unlikely tho.

Scott Allan.....

I'd take Scott Allan in a heartbeat ! ...... I think he's a terrific player, great on the ball, forward thinking, good at set pieces and a very good passer of the ball. Exactly what we need. Far too good for Dundee

I don't know what game you were watching but every time dundee when forward he was at the heart of it? Always wanted tbe ball - always looking for the forward pass , always trying to play. In a team of decent players that boy is a star and better than any of our current midfield so will definitely improve our team in my opinion  

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, DennisH2005 said:

I don't know what game you were watching but every time dundee when forward he was at the heart of it? Always wanted tbe ball - always looking for the forward pass , always trying to play. In a team of decent players that boy is a star and better than any of our current midfield so will definitely improve our team in my opinion  

Get to training Scott

On 07/12/2017 at 05:55, David McCaig said:

Very heartening to read and reassuring to know that Ann realises that doing nothing isn't an option.

Let's get someone to ask Ann if she want to come on kickback and discuss ??

On 08/12/2017 at 11:49, mitch41 said:

If Levein signs anymore crap there will be more agony for our fans as Hearts waste away. We've had Martin at a news conference this week and i'll bet most of us are hoping he doesn't even get in the squad. I like many really worry about giving money to Levein.

I think Martin needs a chance if I'm honest. I think with some decent players around him he could be quite good. He struggles with the pace of the game but in my opinion he at least tries to play. I'd give him a shot ahead of Bauben , cowie , Cochran , Callaghan any day 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Scott Allan was howling last night.

I would put him in the "luxury player " bracket. Flatters to deceive as well when you look at assists and goals. Hibs have never looked back since they replaced him with McGinn.

Gimme an H...
On 12/11/2017 at 08:48, Jammy T said:

Anyone that compares the signings the club has made whilst Levein was purely DOF with those he has made as a manager is a bit of a dick with an agenda IMO.

Completely different scenarios and anyone with eyes linked to their brains can see that.

This, 100%.

On 09/12/2017 at 20:33, Five to One said:

Gavin Reilly is scoring for fun in the Championship ?

I think we are overlooking one of our own here ? Callum Morrison on loan to Stirling Albion has rattled in 9 goals in 12 games? The lad clearly has an eye for goal? Surely an option from the bench for us no? The young lad at Hibs makes an impact from the bench ? 

Arthur Morgan
25 minutes ago, Mort said:

He was poor last night, don't think he would improve this team. Thought their number 8 Kamara looked a decent player though.

This.

I think we need to set our sights a little higher ? Let's get our scouts into every under 21 / reserve game going on in the English championship and try pluck a couple of decent picks from down there! Before we do that - sack the current scout who brought us Stockton and Randall ! 

19 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I would put him in the "luxury player " bracket. Flatters to deceive as well when you look at assists and goals. Hibs have never looked back since they replaced him with McGinn.

Ok / who do we have who is better in our squad ? Name on player in our team who lifts there head and looks for a killer pass? I'll answer it for you - no one 

The lad tries to play and he tries to link with the strikers. Yes he played for Hibs and I can understand the tinted glasses but the lad can play. You don't sign for Celtic if you can't play football. He's not had a chance at Celtic but i tell you - that lad can play and he's do great at hearts in my humble opinion 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Ok / who do we have who is better in our squad ? Name on player in our team who lifts there head and looks for a killer pass? I'll answer it for you - no one 

The lad tries to play and he tries to link with the strikers. Yes he played for Hibs and I can understand the tinted glasses but the lad can play. You don't sign for Celtic if you can't play football. He's not had a chance at Celtic but i tell you - that lad can play and he's do great at hearts in my humble opinion 

All opinions mate. He is now 26 now and Hibs are the only club he has started every week. No doubt he is a tidy player but his assists and goals return are poor. I agree we need this type of palyer as only really Jamie Walker is capable justnow so hope we are looking, just not Allan for me

44 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

then get Lenny to bid for him then

4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

All opinions mate. He is now 26 now and Hibs are the only club he has started every week. No doubt he is a tidy player but his assists and goals return are poor. I agree we need this type of palyer as only really Jamie Walker is capable justnow so hope we are looking, just not Allan for me

Yeah it is - that's why footballs great - loads of opinions. His goals and assist aren't great but he's playing for dundee. He's really tidy on set pieces and with the height of players in our squad someone with great set piece delivery could be very useful. Helps that he can play a bit too.

impressed with the young debutant last night ! Looks a prospect if we allow him to play, run at players and take them on

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Yeah it is - that's why footballs great - loads of opinions. His goals and assist aren't great but he's playing for dundee. He's really tidy on set pieces and with the height of players in our squad someone with great set piece delivery could be very useful. Helps that he can play a bit too.

impressed with the young debutant last night ! Looks a prospect if we allow him to play, run at players and take them on

The current batch of McDonald, Cochrane, Leonard, Hamilton etc are the most exciting for a long time. Keeping them together is the hard part nowadays.

Scott Allan is pish. Living off 1 good season for Hibs (in the championship). Don't even rate him any better than Jason Holt who I wouldn't want back either

1 hour ago, DennisH2005 said:

I think we need to set our sights a little higher ? Let's get our scouts into every under 21 / reserve game going on in the English championship and try pluck a couple of decent picks from down there! Before we do that - sack the current scout who brought us Stockton and Randall ! 

Very harsh on Randall he’s looked very good last couple of games in his more natural position. 

Your kidding ! His first touch is a pass. Think all our full backs are poor. Grezelak is the worst player I've ever seen at hearts and that's saying something. 

No pace , no desire , no interest , dives in everytime , crap in air , always caught ahead of the game. Berra bailed him out all night last night 

4 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Your kidding ! His first touch is a pass. Think all our full backs are poor. Grezelak is the worst player I've ever seen at hearts and that's saying something. 

No pace , no desire , no interest , dives in everytime , crap in air , always caught ahead of the game. Berra bailed him out all night last night 

Randall has looked very comfortable past couple of games at right back. No reason that he cant go on and make it his own for rest of season.

All Out Attack
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The current batch of McDonald, Cochrane, Leonard, Hamilton etc are the most exciting for a long time. Keeping them together is the hard part nowadays.

I take it we are not talking about Hamilton the keeper here. He is one of the worst players in living memory. We are a completely different team without him. 

The hype over Cochrane is also way over the top and he's miles away from being ready. Just now he constantly fouls as he is continually caught out with the physicality of the game. More worrying for him, even at this age, is his absolute lack of pace, he's really slow. When he has been loaned out for a year or two, learned his trade and then proved himself, he may be ready for the first team. 

Mcdonald showed some nice touches and added some pace which we desperately need. Reminded me of a young Allan Johnston, although not quite as rounded yet. Needs to be loaned out to facilitate his own development and fingers crossed. 

Even if perhaps one of them does make it, we as a club seem to be utterly incapable of making any money from them when they get tempted elsewhere. This must change. 

6 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Agreed Grezelak is a penalty waiting to happen but Randall has improved out of site in the last 2 games, right back is his position.

AFD25B16-8E6F-460E-B523-C5F4BFB10E8F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I take it we are not talking about Hamilton the keeper here. He is one of the worst players in living memory. We are a completely different team without him. 

The hype over Cochrane is also way over the top and he's miles away from being ready. Just now he constantly fouls as he is continually caught out with the physicality of the game. More worrying for him, even at this age, is his absolute lack of pace, he's really slow. When he has been loaned out for a year or two, learned his trade and then proved himself, he may be ready for the first team. 

Mcdonald showed some nice touches and added some pace which we desperately need. Reminded me of a young Allan Johnston, although not quite as rounded yet. Needs to be loaned out to facilitate his own development and fingers crossed. 

Even if perhaps one of them does make it, we as a club seem to be utterly incapable of making any money from them when they get tempted elsewhere. This must change. 

Think he will be talking about Chris Hamilton

Gene Parmesan
13 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The last thing two extremely promising 16-year-olds need are to be loaned out and kicked all over the park in the lower leagues. 

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The last thing two extremely promising 16-year-olds need are to be loaned out and kicked all over the park in the lower leagues. 

Exactly what I was about to type

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

Oh dear

oh my..  somebody been told they are on the naughty list   ?

Calm yer waters dude !

I think we need a LB (obviously) and an entire midfield. Been disappointed with Djoum, Walker, Cowie. Callaghan needs to remember that he has a left foot, not sure I've seen him even touch the ball with his left. The young guys look promising from what I've seen but they will need time and plenty porridge to bulk up a bit. I always prefer when we delve into the lower leagues and bring up players rather than bringing in foreign guys. 

Oh and also, is Smith the worst crosser of a ball the world has ever seen?! 

That is some top drawer drivel youve just posted. 

3 hours ago, allyjambo said:

Think he will be talking about Chris Hamilton

I don't think Hamilton is to bad at all? 

On 12/5/2017 at 18:22, JAMMY1980 said:

Paul McGowan

Paul ****ing McGowan is a dirty horrible miserable arsehole and I want him nowhere ****ing near Tynecastle.

Fairly sure he made a big deal of celebrating against us when he scored that penalty to equalise in the 5-2 game against St Mirren.

How did that one work out for you Paul?:jjyay:

An absolute roaster who would fit right in at Hibs.  Looks like a total jakeball, and isn't anywhere near the world beater he thinks he is, otherwise his CV would be a lot more illustrious than 6 appearances from the bench and in friendlies for Celtic, then 5 years on loan to Greenock Morton, Hamilton Academical, and St Mirren, where he finally hung around for a few years before finally washing up at the door of Dundee.

:sheen:

On 06/12/2017 at 08:42, Mdoug79 said:

McGinn, Templeton, Scott Allen and Lee Wallace would transform us. O'Halloran, Davidson would also be fantastic additions although I have a feeling we will see 1 well known signing to please the fans and a couple loan deals to see us through to the summer. Levein has a lot of contacts and I'm sure he'll use them to sort a couple loan deals.

Levein will make us a far better team given time.

Won't get McGinn , could maybe  get templeton, can't afford Wallace. Ohalloran is under contract and would cost too much 

Danny Wilson is a free agent again ? I liked him. 

Niko Kranjcar is also available - decent Calibre 

stevie McLean from St Johnstone is available - I'd take him 

liam Henderson from Celtic - take him 

Dylan Mcgeough - take him - he's available 

Bowman from Motherwell is a solid hard working midfielder 

all the above are frees ! Surely we must have a shot at them ?

3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Is this a windup?  Load of nonsense, undermining the club and our young players.

Alan Hutton ( full back ) johnny Russell ( winger ) alan McGregor( goalie ) , Ross Wallace ( winger ) , Jamie Mackie ( winger ), Danny Fox ( full back ) ,  Paul Gallagher ( midfielder ) and Craig Forsyth ( full back ) 

mall available on Pre contracts now !

Some terrific buys in there 

24 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Won't get McGinn , could maybe  get templeton, can't afford Wallace. Ohalloran is under contract and would cost too much 

Negative and set standards low all in one post!

Scott airfield , James Morrison, Charlie Adam all available - maybe out of wage bracket 

Craig Conway is available ( winger ) 

Ian Henderson ( striker ) 

theres loads of decent players available from English leagues 

I'd hope Levein would get pushing Mclaughlin into making a decision on his future. He's a solid keeper at this level and ideally I'd like to keep him. Could help form a solid spine to the team for the next few years. Failing that, I genuinely believe we could do a lot worse than sign Jamie MacDonald back. Let him and Hamilton fight over starting. Would be cheap and give Hamilton more game time potentially. 

Any free transfers from Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and the hun are probably not going to happen. So based on that I think the following would make sense,

MacDonald - Kille - GK - See previous paragraph on McLaughlin.

Meekings - Dundee - CB - Be excellent back up/competition for Souttar.

Templeton - Accies - RM/LM - Width

Davidson - St J - CDM - Need a ball winner

I think those are probably the top ones but the following could also be worth it, 

O'hara (Dundee) - Development fee

Kiltie (Killie) - Development fee

McKenzie (Killie) - 24 so free

Osman (Partick) - he gets about a fair bit imo could give us a bit more stability in midfield. 

We need to strengthen our midfield, and could do much worse than any of those players (infact we have :D ) Although with Cochrane and McDonald beginning to get game time we maybe don't need the attacking midfielder so much with Djoum still here? - Crawford could be a cheap solution to get us through the next season or so.

32 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Somebody has been on the festive liquor a tad too early eh ?

5 minutes ago, brux said:

Negative and set standards low all in one post!

Standards low ? We've just spent a fortune on a stand ? Do you seriously think

we are going to go out and spend a fortune in January? We won't 

McGinn has offers from Aberdeen and Hibs - at this point they are much better prospects than us I would think. 

Wallace will be on a big wage at rangers so how would you think we could afford him? 

Temps - possible 

what's negative about that ? That's reality ? 

The players ive mentioned are reasonable players in the SPL ? I'm not sure who we think we are but at present we are playing bauben ! Stockton ! Grezelak , Randall , milkowic!!!! You telling me these players are not better than anyone of them ?

we don't have half a million to spend and the reality is free transfers and loans will

be our likely targets 

who do you you think we should go for ? 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd hope Levein would get pushing Mclaughlin into making a decision on his future. He's a solid keeper at this level and ideally I'd like to keep him. Could help form a solid spine to the team for the next few years. Failing that, I genuinely believe we could do a lot worse than sign Jamie MacDonald back. Let him and Hamilton fight over starting. Would be cheap and give Hamilton more game time potentially. 

Any free transfers from Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and the hun are probably not going to happen. So based on that I think the following would make sense,

MacDonald - Kille - GK - See previous paragraph on McLaughlin.

Meekings - Dundee - CB - Be excellent back up/competition for Souttar.

Templeton - Accies - RM/LM - Width

Davidson - St J - CDM - Need a ball winner

I think those are probably the top ones but the following could also be worth it, 

O'hara (Dundee) - Development fee

Kiltie (Killie) - Development fee

McKenzie (Killie) - 24 so free

Osman (Partick) - he gets about a fair bit imo could give us a bit more stability in midfield. 

We need to strengthen our midfield, and could do much worse than any of those players (infact we have :D ) Although with Cochrane and McDonald beginning to get game time we maybe don't need the attacking midfielder so much with Djoum still here? - Crawford could be a cheap solution to get us through the next season or so.

Some

good options here - cheap feasible options 

Alan McGregor would be a great fit for hearts 

russell and Wallace would be good experienced wingers which would help our kids and not put pressure on them to play every week 

Hutton or Fox would be good experienced full backs - possibly have same impact as Whittaker over the road 

Just now, DennisH2005 said:

Alan McGregor would be a great fit for hearts 

russell and Wallace would be good experienced wingers which would help our kids and not put pressure on them to play every week 

Hutton or Fox would be good experienced full backs - possibly have same impact as Whittaker over the road 

Why would we need McGregor?

Archived