Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why would we need McGregor?

McGlaughlin only has a contract until the end of the season and I have not heard any news about us trying to extend it.

He has played nearly all his football in England and may well get some decent offers to go back after performing well for us.

So maybe that is a good reason.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Voice of reason
4 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I take it we are not talking about Hamilton the keeper here. He is one of the worst players in living memory. We are a completely different team without him. 

The hype over Cochrane is also way over the top and he's miles away from being ready. Just now he constantly fouls as he is continually caught out with the physicality of the game. More worrying for him, even at this age, is his absolute lack of pace, he's really slow. When he has been loaned out for a year or two, learned his trade and then proved himself, he may be ready for the first team. 

Mcdonald showed some nice touches and added some pace which we desperately need. Reminded me of a young Allan Johnston, although not quite as rounded yet. Needs to be loaned out to facilitate his own development and fingers crossed. 

Even if perhaps one of them does make it, we as a club seem to be utterly incapable of making any money from them when they get tempted elsewhere. This must change. 

All your posts are anti-Hearts. This one is particularly bad though.

53 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Scott airfield , James Morrison, Charlie Adam all available - maybe out of wage bracket 

Craig Conway is available ( winger ) 

Ian Henderson ( striker ) 

theres loads of decent players available from English leagues 

Arfield is playing regularly for Burnley, 4th in the EPL. Doubt he will give that up for us 

42 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why would we need McGregor?

Replace McLaughlin. Only on a one year deal and expects to go back south I believe. There was a lot of talk about McGregor in August but his club couldn’t/ wouldn’t release him. May be that he will join us next summer. That could have been part of McLaughlin only signing up for 12 months. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, DennisH2005 said:

Won't get McGinn , could maybe  get templeton, can't afford Wallace. Ohalloran is under contract and would cost too much 

Danny Wilson is a free agent again ? I liked him. 

Niko Kranjcar is also available - decent Calibre 

stevie McLean from St Johnstone is available - I'd take him 

liam Henderson from Celtic - take him 

Dylan Mcgeough - take him - he's available 

Bowman from Motherwell is a solid hard working midfielder 

all the above are frees ! Surely we must have a shot at them ?

Krankjar - definatly. He's got great fitness for his age and is the sort of player that can open up teams with his passing.

Wilson - no. Hated how treated us before. I know that's a petty thing but he was captain. Pretended to be proud to be then walked off

McLean - an interesting name but I think Hearts right now would be too big a club for him

Henderson - yes please. The kid has the lot, i'd even build a team around him

McGeogh - seems happy at Hibs so I cant see him leaving

Bowman - sounds exactly what we need

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Krankjar - definatly. He's got great fitness for his age and is the sort of player that can open up teams with his passing.

Wilson - no. Hated how treated us before. I know that's a petty thing but he was captain. Pretended to be proud to be then walked off

McLean - an interesting name but I think Hearts right now would be too big a club for him

The only captain we've ever had I've outright hated. Was chomping at the bit to go west at the first opportunity. Hope he enjoys Dundee or whatever nomark league 1 club down south that picks him up. 

Was it not in his contract he 'had' to be captain too? :D arsehole

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Somebody has been on the festive liquor a tad too early eh ?

What part do you disagree with caller ? 

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

When Banjo Boy McGinn buggers off to pastures new, Turnip Pus Henderson will be signed by the shite.

:fth:

Probably ! Be worth putting a bid in and throwing the cat amongst the pigeons though eh ! 

8 hours ago, DennisH2005 said:

I think we are overlooking one of our own here ? Callum Morrison on loan to Stirling Albion has rattled in 9 goals in 12 games? The lad clearly has an eye for goal? Surely an option from the bench for us no? The young lad at Hibs makes an impact from the bench ? 

Considering how well the other young players introduced to the side have been doing, I think you are correct. 

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

The only captain we've ever had I've outright hated. Was chomping at the bit to go west at the first opportunity. Hope he enjoys Dundee or whatever nomark league 1 club down south that picks him up. 

Was it not in his contract he 'had' to be captain too? :D arsehole

That's typical Hearts shite that ! He went to Rangers so I hate him? He enjoyed his time at hearts , he played for the jersey and gave his all. Tried to play in a team full of average players and I thought he done ok. He saw out his contract and moved for quadruple his wages maybe more! Wouldn't you move if someone offered you quadruple wages? 

Fact is - the boy can play , he's good quality and he's available for nothing so the only question should be ' would he improve us' certainly not that he left to play for rangers ! Because that's just nonsense. 

Just now, Five to One said:

Considering how well the other young players introduced to the side have been doing, I think you are correct. 

I think it's certainly something we should consider. We have very limited options up front so a young hungry striker around the current crop may be exactly what we need 

35 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

McGeogh does seem quite happy but interesting that as yet he hasn't signed a contract and can now speak to other teams? I would also have thought as he's Hibs best player that they would be desperate to sign him a while back so possibly a problem there ? He is injury prone so Hibs might only offer a short contract or crap wages ? 

I like henderson but I think he will form part of a swap for McGinn but if i was hearts I'd have a go 

Kranjar does have decent quality so would definitely improve us

wilson had to go - wages were shocking at hearts and rangers more than quadrupled his wages - he served out his 3 years with us and was an ever present so we got good value out of him. He can play and he has quality so I'd be inclined to pair him with Berra - souttar to full back 

McLean - scores  goals we need that 

saw some other free contracts today - Alan McGregor , Hutton , Danny fox , Ross Wallace, johnny Russell  to name a few ! Decent acquisitions if we could get one or two of them

23 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

That's typical Hearts shite that ! He went to Rangers so I hate him? He enjoyed his time at hearts , he played for the jersey and gave his all. Tried to play in a team full of average players and I thought he done ok. He saw out his contract and moved for quadruple his wages maybe more! Wouldn't you move if someone offered you quadruple wages? 

Fact is - the boy can play , he's good quality and he's available for nothing so the only question should be ' would he improve us' certainly not that he left to play for rangers ! Because that's just nonsense. 

I'm not talking about moving for more wages or whatever, as a fan I disliked him because I perceived that he would rather be west and as captain of our club thats not good enough. Many players feel the same but most are professional enough to attempt to hide it. 

Also why i've taken a dislike to Walker. 

In answer to your question, would he improve us? I say no. Souttar is still developing and can actually play football. Wilson is just a clogger. 

6 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

The new Dave McPherson, don't care if he plays with Rangers shorts on as long as he performs

35 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not talking about moving for more wages or whatever, as a fan I disliked him because I perceived that he would rather be west and as captain of our club thats not good enough. Many players feel the same but most are professional enough to attempt to hide it. 

Also why i've taken a dislike to Walker. 

In answer to your question, would he improve us? I say no. Souttar is still developing and can actually play football. Wilson is just a clogger. 

Given a choice he wouldn't be at Rangers . The 'rather be west' comment is nonsense it was , obviously , purely a professional decision .

He was a 100+% player for us and , if we signed him [wages?] , would be again

1 hour ago, DennisH2005 said:

What part do you disagree with caller ? 

Tbh, most of it...

But just for kicks...the two sevco players...what planet are you on re wages? We got Berra and Laff because they wanted to play for us or be in Scotland, otherwise wage wise we wouldnt stand (pun intended) a chance...

McLean!?!!! What is he 34 nearly 35!? Maybe back is Csaba's days granted...

Bowman? At least get his position correct before you offer him up as a hard working midfielder!!!

?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

All opinions mate. He is now 26 now and Hibs are the only club he has started every week. No doubt he is a tidy player but his assists and goals return are poor. I agree we need this type of palyer as only really Jamie Walker is capable justnow so hope we are looking, just not Allan for me

I'm in between

I generally agree, but maybe one last chance at a decent club could get him going again.

Great touch and vision.

Thier number 8 was handy as well.

8 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Tbh, most of it...

But just for kicks...the two sevco players...what planet are you on re wages? We got Berra and Laff because they wanted to play for us or be in Scotland, otherwise wage wise we wouldnt stand (pun intended) a chance...

McLean!?!!! What is he 34 nearly 35!? Maybe back is Csaba's days granted...

Bowman? At least get his position correct before you offer him up as a hard working midfielder!!!

?

Lafferty joined hearts because they paid top wages ? He didn't join hearts because he loved them I assure youHe's reportedly on 8k a week?Grossly overpaid if you ask me. Berra I'm not sure. 

Danny Wilson joined hearts for buttons a week- again reportedly 1.5k a week - Rangers made him a huge offer salary wise? 

Are tou saying wilson and Kranjar are not decent quality for hearts ? In comparison to the current squad? 

Mclean - yes he's 35 so I'll take that one - thought he was younger than that to be fair. However to counter act - we signed Aaron Hughes - he's 38. If your good enough age is a number ? Kenny miller still bangs them in - he's touching 40 too? But yes probably too old

Bowman - he's classed as a striker but always plays on the wings or off the strikers - one thing he does is work hard , he harasses everyone around him and has decent quality so ok class him as a striker but that's not where he plays and he's done well for Motherwell in the hole 

16 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'm in between

I generally agree, but maybe one last chance at a decent club could get him going again.

Great touch and vision.

Thier number 8 was handy as well.

Yeah I've never seen that number 8 before? Played well.

i think Allan would improve us. He's great on the ball , can see a pass and we need that badly 

Not that bothered about signing many players in January, I would rather we concentrated on getting out of contract players for the summer - Liam Henderson would be top of that particular list.

Some of the names being quoted make you wonder what people actually understand about the running and finances of the club. English Premiership players, really? A league where the average wage is above £50k a week! There is no way we would be interested in some of the Scottish Premiership pensioners either. Hopefully Hughes is the last time we venture down that road for obvious reasons.

Lafferty is here due to Macphee, that is blatantly obvious. A word on Scot Allan as well, watching him last night he is undoubtedly a selfish individual who seems more interested in scoring a spectacular free kick for his YouTube compilation video than being a key part of a team. No thanks.

If you could bring in the quality of an obvious first choice player like McGinn within our budget then yes that makes sense but I would settle for picking up a decent left back in January, that is the biggest issue in the team.

Last night was food for thought though. It's easier to play young players in a team that is mid table rather than relegation strugglers and to be honest it's more interesting to watch. I think going on loan works for some players but for others it may be better to keep them at the club. I would hope our coaches know the best choice for each individual.

2 hours ago, DennisH2005 said:

I think it's certainly something we should consider. We have very limited options up front so a young hungry striker around the current crop may be exactly what we need 

Most impressed by their lack of fear. Would be preferable to taking another punt on a random player found on my scout.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

From this list that are relatively realistic in my opinion, that I would want: 

Ali Crawford (quality replacement for Walker)

Michael Devlin (Would be an excellent replacement for Hughes when he retires at the end of the season)

Mark O'Hara (physically gifted, shows talent in flashes, someone that Levein could get the best out of)

Greg Kiltie (if a reasonable development fee can be negotiated)

Abdul Osman (physical defensive midfielder, something we are missing currently)

Ryan Hardie (bags of potential, low risk high reward type signing, only if Rangers don't want a sizeable development fee)

David Bates (versatile young defender, again only if there's no or a very small development fee)

Blair Alston (versatile, physical midfielder, would be a good rotation option in the squad)

I would take these guys at the right price, but they aren't top priorities:

Danny Rogers (if we lose McLaughlin, good young keeper to give Hamilton competition)

Scott Bain (if we lose McLaughlin, worth a punt at the right price)

Anthony O'Connor (again a decent replacement for Hughes at the end of the season)

Frank Ross (has shown flashes as a young player, worth a punt at the right price)

Josh Meekings (decent centre half)

Kevin Holt (OK left back at this level if we haven't found a better one)

David Templeton (been great this season, not sure about his injury record but worth a punt at the right price)

Jamie McDonald (Decent keeper at this level, only if we lose Jon)

Ryan Bowman (OK striker at this level, but not an inspiring signing to say the least)

Callum Booth (below average LB but still probably better than what we have)

Danny Wilson (ugh, I suppose he's an average CB at this level, would need payed a lot and wouldn't be worth it)

Kenny Miller (one-year deal at a reasonable wage? why not)

Alex Schalk (decent attacker, but again uninspiring)

Jason Naismith (was highly rated at St Mirren, not sure he would get much of an opportunity in this team though)

Steven Anderson (quality CB but ageing)

Murray Davidson (good CM but too injury prone for the money he would want)

Steven McLean (probably too old now but has been doing well at this level for years)

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hallucinogenic thread warning

I honestly hate these threads with a burning passion.

Its mostly fantasia nonsense from the very get go and pretty embarrassing to say the least. 

33 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

From this list that are relatively realistic in my opinion, that I would want: 

Ali Crawford (quality replacement for Walker)

Michael Devlin (Would be an excellent replacement for Hughes when he retires at the end of the season)

Mark O'Hara (physically gifted, shows talent in flashes, someone that Levein could get the best out of)

Greg Kiltie (if a reasonable development fee can be negotiated)

Abdul Osman (physical defensive midfielder, something we are missing currently)

Ryan Hardie (bags of potential, low risk high reward type signing, only if Rangers don't want a sizeable development fee)

David Bates (versatile young defender, again only if there's no or a very small development fee)

Blair Alston (versatile, physical midfielder, would be a good rotation option in the squad)

I would take these guys at the right price, but they aren't top priorities:

Danny Rogers (if we lose McLaughlin, good young keeper to give Hamilton competition)

Scott Bain (if we lose McLaughlin, worth a punt at the right price)

Anthony O'Connor (again a decent replacement for Hughes at the end of the season)

Frank Ross (has shown flashes as a young player, worth a punt at the right price)

Josh Meekings (decent centre half)

Kevin Holt (OK left back at this level if we haven't found a better one)

David Templeton (been great this season, not sure about his injury record but worth a punt at the right price)

Jamie McDonald (Decent keeper at this level, only if we lose Jon)

Ryan Bowman (OK striker at this level, but not an inspiring signing to say the least)

Callum Booth (below average LB but still probably better than what we have)

Danny Wilson (ugh, I suppose he's an average CB at this level, would need payed a lot and wouldn't be worth it)

Kenny Miller (one-year deal at a reasonable wage? why not)

Alex Schalk (decent attacker, but again uninspiring)

Jason Naismith (was highly rated at St Mirren, not sure he would get much of an opportunity in this team though)

Steven Anderson (quality CB but ageing)

Murray Davidson (good CM but too injury prone for the money he would want)

Steven McLean (probably too old now but has been doing well at this level for years)

Devlin is decent to be fair and the boy Crawford has bags of potential 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, DennisH2005 said:

Devlin is decent to be fair and the boy Crawford has bags of potential 

Agree, I think Crawford is past the potential stage at 26, but is an above average creative player at our level. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I honestly hate these threads with a burning passion.

Its mostly fantasia nonsense from the very get go and pretty embarrassing to say the least. 

A real temple of doom ! 

Don't read them then ? 

Who would your picks be then as everyone of these players mentioned are available on a free transfer so tell what's fantasy about them? 

Some of them we have no chance off however the fact is they are free

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Agree, I think Crawford is past the potential stage at 26, but is an above average creative player at our level. 

I think In a better team he could flourish ! That's what I mean - don't think he has hit his potential quite yet and maybe on a better team he would improve 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, DennisH2005 said:

I think In a better team he could flourish ! That's what I mean - don't think he has hit his potential quite yet and maybe on a better team he would improve 

Yeah definitely, would be a quality signing, and he doesn't seem to have much interest from down south, so this could be a possibility.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, DennisH2005 said:

Alan Hutton ( full back ) johnny Russell ( winger ) alan McGregor( goalie ) , Ross Wallace ( winger ) , Jamie Mackie ( winger ), Danny Fox ( full back ) ,  Paul Gallagher ( midfielder ) and Craig Forsyth ( full back ) 

mall available on Pre contracts now !

Some terrific buys in there 

9 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I take it we are not talking about Hamilton the keeper here. He is one of the worst players in living memory. We are a completely different team without him. 

The hype over Cochrane is also way over the top and he's miles away from being ready. Just now he constantly fouls as he is continually caught out with the physicality of the game. More worrying for him, even at this age, is his absolute lack of pace, he's really slow. When he has been loaned out for a year or two, learned his trade and then proved himself, he may be ready for the first team. 

Mcdonald showed some nice touches and added some pace which we desperately need. Reminded me of a young Allan Johnston, although not quite as rounded yet. Needs to be loaned out to facilitate his own development and fingers crossed. 

Even if perhaps one of them does make it, we as a club seem to be utterly incapable of making any money from them when they get tempted elsewhere. This must change. 

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot

Folk have taken it too far on this thread Tonight.

It went from the unlikely to the ridiculous.

Great read tho.

Not seen Moult mentioned much in these posts but hope we're in for him. Might be a lot of competition though for him, after the season he's had. 

I would be keen on brining Danny Wilson back in. Was always pretty composed and would be a solid partnership with berra, or with souttar as well, if we played a back 3. 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Not seen Moult mentioned much in these posts but hope we're in for him. Might be a lot of competition though for him, after the season he's had. 

I would be keen on brining Danny Wilson back in. Was always pretty composed and would be a solid partnership with berra, or with souttar as well, if we played a back 3. 

Moult will be going to English Championship, no chance we can afford him.

Wilson, left us to go to Rangers, where he is now playing most weeks. Why would he come back?

Just read through some more posts on this thread and good god.

Suggestions of Steven MacLean :huh2: & Ryan Bowman - the hardworking midfielder :lol:, among many other completely farcical shouts make me wonder what some of our fans genuinely see when watching games.

11 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Just read through some more posts on this thread and good god.

Suggestions of Steven MacLean :huh2: & Ryan Bowman - the hardworking midfielder :lol:, among many other completely farcical shouts make me wonder what some of our fans genuinely see when watching games.

Cmon then Pep? Who would you sign. 

Also - I don't think I said sign anyone , I simply said they were available and put up the debate? Which is the purpose of the site 

I don't know if you go to the games and watch but if you think the current crop of players are better than some

of the players available on the transfer list then you my friend are deluded? That current squad will be lucky to be in the top six

Mclean is a goal scorer although I did admit that I didn't realise how old he is 

bowman is a decent player in the SPL.he works hard, he battles and fights for everything something we absolutely lack.

our midfield is gutless and recently full of kids who are being bullied. We need some

fighters

im not saying we should sign him or anyone else - I simply posted who was potentially available 

so on that note PEP. Amaze us with your wisdom and tell us you'd bring in

cant wait for this 

1 minute ago, DennisH2005 said:

Cmon then Pep? Who would you sign. 

Also - I don't think I said sign anyone , I simply said they were available and put up the debate? Which is the purpose of the site 

I don't know if you go to the games and watch but if you think the current crop of players are better than some

of the players available on the transfer list then you my friend are deluded? That current squad will be lucky to be in the top six

Mclean is a goal scorer although I did admit that I didn't realise how old he is 

bowman is a decent player in the SPL.he works hard, he battles and fights for everything something we absolutely lack.

our midfield is gutless and recently full of kids who are being bullied. We need some

fighters

im not saying we should sign him or anyone else - I simply posted who was potentially available 

so on that note PEP. Amaze us with your wisdom and tell us you'd bring in

cant wait for this 

You didn't post a transfer list, you posted a list of players who are out of contract in the summer. Our current squad obviously is in need of improvement and IMO we need a LB, 2x wingers & possibly another striker just for starters.

However, we do not need players like Steven MacLean, a 35 year old striker, whose best days are long behind him. 

Bowman is not a midfielder.

You posted a list of whom you assume will be available as they are currently going to be out of contract in June. Not you alone but some of the suggestions on this thread have been quite frankly ridiculous e.g. Scott Arfield.

If you must know who I'd like to sign out of the out of contract players list for our league (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/SC1) I'd take:

- Ali Crawford (would add a bit of creativity)

- Alex Schalk (bit pacier than our current forward line options, looks fairly decent whenever I've seen him play for Ross. Co)

- Mark O'Hara (based upon recent performances and his age, could be a worthwhile gamble)

Other players e.g. Kenny McLean, Dylan McGeouch, Liam Henderson and Louis Moult while they'd all be good signings are most likely unrealistic due to wage demands and their current clubs.

8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah.  Why not. Henderson may not sell many calendars but he is a very good player in my opinion.

Always reminds me of Feargal Sharkey...

2 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

Always reminds me of Feargal Sharkey...

He has a good heart.  Ironically, teenage kicks will soon be our theme song when we come on to the pitch.

9 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Crawford is bottom 6 SPL player at best....surely if we want to improve we should be looking at better than him....would take Allan over him but don't think he has the work rate to go with the talent....

12 hours ago, DennisH2005 said:

Lafferty joined hearts because they paid top wages ? He didn't join hearts because he loved them I assure youHe's reportedly on 8k a week?Grossly overpaid if you ask me. Berra I'm not sure. 

Danny Wilson joined hearts for buttons a week- again reportedly 1.5k a week - Rangers made him a huge offer salary wise? 

Are tou saying wilson and Kranjar are not decent quality for hearts ? In comparison to the current squad? 

Mclean - yes he's 35 so I'll take that one - thought he was younger than that to be fair. However to counter act - we signed Aaron Hughes - he's 38. If your good enough age is a number ? Kenny miller still bangs them in - he's touching 40 too? But yes probably too old

Bowman - he's classed as a striker but always plays on the wings or off the strikers - one thing he does is work hard , he harasses everyone around him and has decent quality so ok class him as a striker but that's not where he plays and he's done well for Motherwell in the hole 

So where did you see this reported then?

22 hours ago, DennisH2005 said:

I think Martin needs a chance if I'm honest. I think with some decent players around him he could be quite good. He struggles with the pace of the game but in my opinion he at least tries to play. I'd give him a shot ahead of Bauben , cowie , Cochran , Callaghan any day 

What i've seen of Martin he needs to play in a team of 10 superstars around him. His tipy tapy style could work if his passing and crossing were any good. And as a midfield player he coudn't tackle a fish supper. Unless he has had major surgery to his football in the last 3  or 4 months since i last saw him i'd try and empty him next month.

57 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

So where did you see this reported then?

Think its fair to say this new poster (with us over 4 years mind but very little to say until now! ?) could be classed as a WuM at best!!!!  ?

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Think its fair to say this new poster (with us over 4 years mind but very little to say until now! ?) could be classed as a WuM at best!!!!  ?

I have absolutely no doubt about that. The fact that he thought Scott Allan had a good game on Tuesday tells me all I need to know.

5 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Been a Hearts fan my whole life , Followed them and their progress for many years before I moved down south. Based on that / as I didn't see a lot of hearts I didn't have lot to say that I could back up and these forums are full of people like you that slate someone's opinion?

I now go to the games every week and i watch , I pay my ST money , I pay into

the foundation therefore I fee equipped to have an opinion and an opinion is all it is.

i will only make comment if I have an opinion based on fact. 

And here is the facts !...... ( in my opinion) - I thought everything dundee did that was positive came through allan ( and their number 8 ) - the lad is an excellent footballer ( in my opinion) and looking at that squad we have with Callaghan , cowie , Bauben, Cochrane , Milkovic and Walker ( who's leaving ) - he would by a long way be the best midfielder in our team. He can pass, good on set pieces , always wants to go forward and generally my kind of player who is within our budget and wage structure? 

Its just an opinion based on what I saw - you may see different and I respect that but your immature comment is pretty typical of what I see on this page. 

Football is a game of opinions - I played it for a long time ( at a pretty high level ) , I've coached it and I have a view on things from a style of football perspective  based on what I see in players having spent considerable time scouting players. 

The lad was signed by Celtic and although it hasn't worked out - looking at celtics multi national squad , the way they play and how they express themselves , it seems the scouting system at Celtic can spot a player and they believed Allan was a decent acquisition at the time. 

I think in a team with a few decent players he would do well.

if your telling me the lad is not a good footballer then it's one of two things 

1. You have the tinted Hibs glasses on due to him playing for Hibs 

2. You don't know a player when you see one 

again I make they points with no fact purely an opinion based on your ridiculous post 

but I'll tell you what PEP - you tell me who you think is a decent midfield player ( that we can afford ) who would

improve our team and why ? 

GO......... let's get your mate involved too. 

Oh and I have no idea what WuM means so that's wasted on me I'm afraid 

21 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

Been a Hearts fan my whole life , Followed them and their progress for many years before I moved down south. Based on that / as I didn't see a lot of hearts I didn't have lot to say that I could back up and these forums are full of people like you that slate someone's opinion?

I now go to the games every week and i watch , I pay my ST money , I pay into

the foundation therefore I fee equipped to have an opinion and an opinion is all it is.

i will only make comment if I have an opinion based on fact. 

And here is the facts !...... ( in my opinion) - I thought everything dundee did that was positive came through allan ( and their number 8 ) - the lad is an excellent footballer ( in my opinion) and looking at that squad we have with Callaghan , cowie , Bauben, Cochrane , Milkovic and Walker ( who's leaving ) - he would by a long way be the best midfielder in our team. He can pass, good on set pieces , always wants to go forward and generally my kind of player who is within our budget and wage structure? 

Its just an opinion based on what I saw - you may see different and I respect that but your immature comment is pretty typical of what I see on this page. 

Football is a game of opinions - I played it for a long time ( at a pretty high level ) , I've coached it and I have a view on things from a style of football perspective  based on what I see in players having spent considerable time scouting players. 

The lad was signed by Celtic and although it hasn't worked out - looking at celtics multi national squad , the way they play and how they express themselves , it seems the scouting system at Celtic can spot a player and they believed Allan was a decent acquisition at the time. 

I think in a team with a few decent players he would do well.

if your telling me the lad is not a good footballer then it's one of two things 

1. You have the tinted Hibs glasses on due to him playing for Hibs 

2. You don't know a player when you see one 

again I make they points with no fact purely an opinion based on your ridiculous post 

but I'll tell you what PEP - you tell me who you think is a decent midfield player ( that we can afford ) who would

improve our team and why ? 

GO......... let's get your mate involved too. 

Oh and I have no idea what WuM means so that's wasted on me I'm afraid 

Good oh you mate :thumbsup: 

WuM means wind up merchant, kind of ironic considering the reply you received :laugh:

29 minutes ago, DennisH2005 said:

And here is the facts !...... ( in my opinion)

Facts or opinion? You're all over the shop Pep.

Allan was humpty on Tuesday night and that is a fact.

Not a suggestion but see Jose Gonçalves is out in India at the moment (following same route as Aaron Hughes), what surprised me is that he is only 32.

Archived