Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Tell us what you know about him please. How many times have you watched him to confirm that he is dodgy, or even a left back?

You have a strangely similar posting style to an incredibly pedantic type.....

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the suggestions on here are a bit fanciful there's some decent players out there who are maybe a wee bit under the radar, Scougall at St Johnstone for one.

LarrysRightFoot

Have we been genuinely linked with anyone other than Mulraney?

Personally I wouldn’t be shocked if Cummings signed on loan. He would at least bring a confidence and attitude to the team. Also good to have someone playing for the shirt.

Would also like us to enquiries about -Stevie Mallan - not getting my near the Barnsley team I don’t think

Lewis Morgan - probably missed the boat with him though

Chris Cadden - same as above 

Jordan Jones - don’t know how long his contract is at Killie but think he looks decent

Stephen Hendrie - think he has lost his way a bit down south but definitely had potential at one time - don’t know if he is a regular at Southend though

I saw someone on here linking us with Scott Fraser - don’t know too much about him but plays in a position we need to sort out.

Paisley Jambo
2 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

Apparently Kpozo is very decent. I know a guy who is a AIK season ticket holder. He said the only reason Kpozo left was because he had an issue with the management.

Unfortunately Levein has signed so many foreign turkeys all confidence has gone in him ever signing a decent player.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Tell us what you know about him please. How many times have you watched him to confirm that he is dodgy, or even a left back?

Wikipedia 15 games in 3 seasons 4 this year for two different teams Ehh ding ding went the alarm bells !! Not seen him though

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

You have a strangely similar posting style to an incredibly pedantic type.....

No there’s just one of me. Just questioning why anyone could write-off a player as a’dodgy left back’ and then subsequently comment that they  had never heard of him never mind seen him play. Astonishing judgement. Certainly pot half empty type of comment. . 

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Some of the suggestions on here are a bit fanciful there's some decent players out there who are maybe a wee bit under the radar, Scougall at St Johnstone for one.

Missed out on him last  summer or should i say we passed up the  chance to sign him. . 

40 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Unfortunately Levein has signed so many foreign turkeys all confidence has gone in him ever signing a decent player.

MDV and Valois included?

Paisley Jambo

Sorry, I meant since his return as DoF.

Of the 40+ signings it is clear the dross heavily outweigh the diamonds by quite some way and that is why I am immediately pessimistic every time I hear of a Levein target.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Ryder said:

I’d like to see us find a couple of good midfielders and a left back. Anything else is a bit of a bonus right now.

Needs to be done.

If walker goes that will be three midfielders.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Sorry, I meant since his return as DoF.

Of the 40+ signings it is clear the dross heavily outweigh the diamonds by quite some way and that is why I am immediately pessimistic every time I hear of a Levein target.

The dross that got us first then third.

And Hartley, Stamp and McKenna. And he even had the cheek to give a young French guy called Christophe Berra his debut. It was obvious before the game started that he would never  make it. Dodgy foreign defender as Mitch calls them. 

Jean Louis Valois

If their is any chance at all we could get Cumdog we should snap their hand off. Would love to see him play for us, imagine the seethe!

35 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

You're living know the past Toshy. Where should we finish in a 12 team SPL minus Hibs and Rangers? 4th behind St Johnstone with their burgeoning resources?

We have lost 19 of our last 39 league games. That is ****ing honking 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

You're living know the past Toshy. Where should we finish in a 12 team SPL minus Hibs and Rangers? 4th behind St Johnstone with their burgeoning resources?

next week when we play celtic and they probably beat us, dont come on here complaining about it as their resources are so much greater than ours

That's a ****ing amazing rumour !!

But, let's face it, that will never, ever happen. You've got to love silly season !

But, just for a minute, let's imagine him scoring the winner against them in the cup ! 

:arry:         :scenes:

46 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We all know that. You and your few mates have given us the stats repeatedly. But guess what, that’s all in the past. There’s nothing you, i or Craig Levein can do about it. Do you ever look forward? If you do hopefully you are a bit more positive than when you look backwards. What happened last season, last month, last week doesn’t really matter much now. What matters is Tuesday then Sunday. 

Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Could be argued core of team that was first was brought through by Locke in 2013-14.

Then 5th and now 6th. We are getting worse not better.

We are painful to watch and will get spanked by Celtic and beaten by Hibs. Our greatest quality as a team is effort certainly not skill.

Paisley Jambo
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We all know that. You and your few mates have given us the stats repeatedly. But guess what, that’s all in the past. There’s nothing you, i or Craig Levein can do about it. Do you ever look forward? If you do hopefully you are a bit more positive than when you look backwards. What happened last season, last month, last week doesn’t really matter much now. What matters is Tuesday then Sunday. 

Very true as we can't change the past.

As are the signings listed previously. All at least 15 years in the past.

The signings of Oshaniwa, Watt, Sammon and Martin are also in the past. All at least in the past 15 months.

We also can't ignore the mismanagement of the first team over the past 3 seasons and in particular the negligence in appointing Coach Cathro without a proper recruitment process taking place.

Neilson jumping at first opportunity is in stark contrast to McInnes situation at present.

The anti-football currently being served up is a disgrace. 

Its ok to be a Hearts fan but not a Levein fan. Hearts will still be here long long after that man.

2 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Very true as we can't change the past.

As are the signings listed previously. All at least 15 years in the past.

The signings of Oshaniwa, Watt, Sammon and Martin are also in the past. All at least in the past 15 months.

We also can't ignore the mismanagement of the first team over the past 3 seasons and in particular the negligence in appointing Coach Cathro without a proper recruitment process taking place.

Neilson jumping at first opportunity is in stark contrast to McInnes situation at present.

The anti-football currently being served up is a disgrace. 

Its ok to be a Hearts fan but not a Levein fan. Hearts will still be here long long after that man.

Good points. Not going to debate again who signed these guys. 

Nielson jumping to MK Dons was completely different context to McInnes to Rangers. Are  you forgetting McInnes has already been down that path so learned his lesson. Nielson doubled his salary  and moved to two levels away from biggest league in the world. All 11 managers in SPFL Premiership have either gone down the same path or would jump at the first opportunity to do so. Nowadays in football if you don’t take the first offer you might not get another one eg if Aberdeen go backwards now is McInnes likely to be offered Sunderland or Rangers jobs again?  I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

next week when we play celtic and they probably beat us, dont come on here complaining about it as their resources are so much greater than ours

Indeed. I’ll not hold my breath however.

Paisley Jambo
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good points. Not going to debate again who signed these guys. 

Nielson jumping to MK Dons was completely different context to McInnes to Rangers. Are  you forgetting McInnes has already been down that path so learned his lesson. Nielson doubled his salary  and moved to two levels away from biggest league in the world. All 11 managers in SPFL Premiership have either gone down the same path or would jump at the first opportunity to do so. Nowadays in football if you don’t take the first offer you might not get another one eg if Aberdeen go backwards now is McInnes likely to be offered Sunderland or Rangers jobs again?  I doubt it. 

That's fair about McInnes as he did take, as far as I'm aware, the first opportunity to move from St Johnstone to Bristol City. 

Neilson moving on was a huge missed opportunity for us, and that is very frustrating.

rudi must stay

Gabriel Somi in talks according to wearethegorgieboys. It's on his Instagram feed, interesting one he's a midfielder and defender with 19 caps for Syria

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Gabriel Somi in talks according to wearethegorgieboys. It's on his Instagram feed, interesting one he's a midfielder and defender with 19 caps for Syria

Is that the same as a defensive midfielder? ?

Can we not just sign Mark Russell?

I'm sick of rolling the dice on a foreign player adapting properly. It may cost more initially but when we're replacing him this time next year is it still worth the penny pinching? 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FIFA has his top attribute as pace if I've read it right (it's on wearethegorgieboys Instagram) so he might be our new left back

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It quite obviously means he can play in midfield and defence.

jamboinglasgow

From what I can find of him. Has been part of the Ostersunds team which has surprised everyone in Europa league.  Saw one supporter describe him as a very good going forward but not as good defensively. Could play as a winger.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Spencer said:

The past?

Just making the point that all the players we sign aren't dross.

19/38 games lost-Aye, that's why we sacked our head coach and replaced him, you must keep up.

7 hours ago, OTT said:

Can we not just sign Mark Russell?

I'm sick of rolling the dice on a foreign player adapting properly. It may cost more initially but when we're replacing him this time next year is it still worth the penny pinching? 

Been saying this for ages now!

Russell would be a great signing 

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

From what I can find of him. Has been part of the Ostersunds team which has surprised everyone in Europa league.  Saw one supporter describe him as a very good going forward but not as good defensively. Could play as a winger.

Just put a leaving message to his old team on instagram ....

Morgaro Gomis
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You seen him play a lot, mate?

Could you tell us all a little more about him? 

3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

You seen him play a lot, mate?

Could you tell us all a little more about him? 

Scottish/UK... that’s all his boxes ticked going by past JiH contributions to transfer threads.

Anyone that compares the signings the club has made whilst Levein was purely DOF with those he has made as a manager is a bit of a dick with an agenda IMO.

Completely different scenarios and anyone with eyes linked to their brains can see that.

20 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I hadn't heard that. But I do work beside one of his friends who has told me he would love to come back to Hearts.

Spoke to him (Cummings) a few weeks ago at the boxing (Ingliston) about the same thing. He said 'Would love to mate but no jist now'

Left back is a position we continually **** up. This Somi lad as others have said is fast and 'better going forward', does that not sound like every left back we'ved signed in the last 3 years?

I hope to be proved wrong, but IMO we'll be looking for a replacement in the summer. (AGAIN)

7 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What makes you think he would cut it in the SPL?  No guarantees, my friend and other clubs are not exactly racing to sign him.  Even the wee team are short at LB having used a MF (Stevenson) there for ages.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Left back is a position we continually **** up. This Somi lad as others have said is fast and 'better going forward', does that not sound like every left back we'ved signed in the last 3 years?

I hope to be proved wrong, but IMO we'll be looking for a replacement in the summer. (AGAIN)

In our current situation i'm happy to take a punt with a player who has been playing Europa League (qualifying for the knockout stages) scoring 3 goals from left back and in a domestic league which i would argue is higher standard than ours.

Our defence is pretty settled, we have only conceded 2 goals in last 4 games, we need a full back who is going to get forward and get early balls into the box for Isma and Lafferty to scrap off.  Having a right back continually cut back onto his right peg to cross it in is easy to defend.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:04, jonnothejambo said:

He wasn't even on the Forest bench yesterday. And they won.

And there you have the reason they won.

On 06/12/2017 at 11:57, OTT said:

Not a big fan of Bain tbh. I'd much rather  we tried to keep Mclaughlin. Perhaps Levein knows he's gone in the summer?

I do want us to raid the championship, players like Quitongo, Russell or Sibbald are exactly the sort of young promising players I want to see playing for us. I think they'll bring a hunger that players like Djoum or even Cowie lack. 

Agree completely 

Archived